+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

Amateur

Yeah I imagine you must have a half decent squad for that wage. I have a few decent players but my back-ups are really woeful.

Reserves

Having had a look at my squad and seen who I'd like to keep, I reckon I can cut about £1k off of it at the moment. I'm going to arrange some friendlies to boost my current finances of £77k. I won't be posting my starting thing this time, can't be bothered.

Reserves

I have managed to get the board to look at giving me a parent club. Mon them finding me someone who's willing to pay £100k a season. Also arranged loads of friendlies, so hopefully, if all goes to plan I could have about £250k by the end of pre-season.

Banned

Just a little update on things from me

Youth Recruitment has been upgraded!!! This will be usefull for when March comes round (currently 29th December).

FA Cup, i was kicked out at the first hurdle...

FA Trophy, i'm into the second round, but i've been paired with the best team in the competition, 1st place in the Blue Square Premier (Wrexham)...

League, i'm currently 4 points clear in 1st place...

I could have left everyone behind, but my form has taken a nose dive in recent weeks In the last 9 matches, i've won 4 (2 were FA Trophy), drawn 2 (1 was FA Trophy) and lost 3 (All in League). I've lost my last two matches in the league which, if i'd won could have put me 10 points clear!

Overall in the league, 14 wins, 3 draws and 5 losses...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    I have managed to get the board to look at giving me a parent club. Mon them finding me someone who's willing to pay £100k a season. Also arranged loads of friendlies, so hopefully, if all goes to plan I could have about £250k by the end of pre-season.
    Wouldn't having a parent club maybe contribute to breaking a rule? I'm not 100% sure, but don't they send players to your club sometimes and you have no say over it?

Amateur

Good to see people doing well

I'm three games in. After that first victory we've played extraordinarily but only one point to show for it.

We went 2-0 up against Welling only for them to equalise in injury time. Then we played Kingstonian at home and absolutely battered them but conceded on the counter and lost 1-0.

Nevertheless, morale is still good and performances are promising!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    Wouldn't having a parent club maybe contribute to breaking a rule? I'm not 100% sure, but don't they send players to your club sometimes and you have no say over it?
    You can always have a say I think Well I hope, otherwise I'll have to delete mine.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBainborough View Post
    Good to see people doing well

I'm three games in. After that first victory we've played extraordinarily but only one point to show for it.

We went 2-0 up against Welling only for them to equalise in injury time. Then we played Kingstonian at home and absolutely battered them but conceded on the counter and lost 1-0.

Nevertheless, morale is still good and performances are promising!
    Thats been happening to me recently, just keep going and the results will follow eventually

Banned

Another bad result, 0 - 0 against AFC Telford, but i'm so lucky because teams below me are messing up too!

Amateur

I'm a little bit worried, and already I'm hoping to have 1 game a month postponed ....

The reason? My midfielders are knackered after only 7 games. At least my preseason went well financially. The Micky Mouse Cup (awesome name, I know :P) with Brighton, Birmingham and Bournemouth taking part, plus further home friendlies with Blackburn, Bolton, Barnsley and Brentford saw my bank balance soar to £200k. Now I've got to try and convince the board to increase my junior coaching....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Avramski View Post
    I'm a little bit worried, and already I'm hoping to have 1 game a month postponed ....

The reason? My midfielders are knackered after only 7 games. At least my preseason went well financially. The Micky Mouse Cup (awesome name, I know :P) with Brighton, Birmingham and Bournemouth taking part, plus further home friendlies with Blackburn, Bolton, Barnsley and Brentford saw my bank balance soar to £200k. Now I've got to try and convince the board to increase my junior coaching....
    Reduce their training schedules and have more rest time.

Reserves

I've figured out what having a large squad is for . Arranging friendlies every day for players who will be leaving at the end of the month, or when I sell them .

Amateur

Kind of wish I went for money making friendlies

Reserves

I'm only doing it because I have a big squad and may as well get the use out of it. The players who are staying will play the important friendlies. So ideally everyone's morale will be good for start of the season and I can charge out of the blocks.

Amateur

I always have my friendlies as games that I can easily win to get my confidence through the roof.

Can't help but feel I should've been more financially aware though.

Amateur

Finished Season 1. Will post an update tomorrow. Season on a whole was fine didn't leave the middle third of the table at all but the youth intake I'm very happy with. There's one player who I'm delighted with considering i thought i was going to get a load of rubbish but that's all I'm saying for now.

Amateur

Cracking victory to change our fortunes and fire us into the top half of the table!

Edit:

Then we followed it up with this!
    Last edited by JoeBainborough; 15-03-2012 at 00:06.

Reserves

parent clubs are allowed but for 10k a year i dont personally see the point

Amateur

Yeah it is a small amount, but I'm £30k in the red so it could be handy

Amateur

End of Season Report:

Season 2012/13

Pre-season went alright with the highlight being a 2-1 victory over League 1 side Walsall. We picked up a few injuries in that period and the squad was looking very weak but I couldn't do anything about it so just lowered the training workload and kept going.

League Table: Although the table makes it look like we struggled we didn't really. Never had a threat of relegation and at one point (early in the season after a very good run) we skirted with the play-off places.
    Squad: Not a great squad. Lacked depth and quality. The best player by far was Garry Grace who was the playmaker of the team setting up most of our goals. And then just behind him was Wallace who was our only decent CB. Here's the Ass Man's report at the end of the season.

Some of you may have spotted the name Anthony Freeman YP02. This is the guy who stood out in the intake.
    Youth Intake: Of course Anthony Freeman was by far the best player on show there. But the ones to look out for in the future are Simon Kidd and Gerald Bassett who both are predicted to be much better than the best player playing their position.

Anthony Freeman: OK so here you might be thinking that he's pretty average with a couple of good physical stats but that's it. Well this is the report that my assistant gave him. Now considering that I was expecting a load of rubbish to get a player that could possibly be a good League 1 player is huge. And as you can see from the Squad list he didn't disappoint getting 6 in 9 games.

One weird thing I spotted. Didn't expect to see him play there.

And finally to prove I didn't cheat: Transfers.

Amateur

Good start there TWFL. Did well to survive comfortably, now hopefully the push will start next year!

Freeman looks very impressive. The assistant's report is great news as he could end up playing for you as you rise through the leagues (hopefully!). Can I ask what Judging Player Ability/Potential your assistant has?

Amateur

Yeah hopefully I can push on and see where I can come next season.
    Ah he has 14 JPA and 13 JPP I picked him for because of those.

Reserves

That Freeman guy looks mint. If he's finishing improves a little, definitely a poacher or good poacher in the making. I probably won't have much time to play today as I have to go into work for a few hours soon.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by TWFL View Post
    Yeah hopefully I can push on and see where I can come next season.
    Ah he has 14 JPA and 13 JPP I picked him for because of those.
    So it's pretty accurate then!
    I'd say with plenty of first team opportunities he will become a key player for you.

Amateur

In the FA cup second qualifying round against Met Police I decided I'd put out my second string to try keep my first team fresh. Bad idea...

Carshalton vs Met Police

I'm a little embarrassed! Oh well, we can at least focus our attention elsewhere now. It's a shame really as a few games against bigger oppositions would have been excellent financially.

Edit: Things are going well in other areas, with us on a 10 game unbeaten streak in the league!
    Last edited by JoeBainborough; 15-03-2012 at 14:53.

Reserves

TWFL- great season comfortably surviving relegation and i must say you have been very lucky in your youth intake. to have 5stars CA already must mean freeman is one of your best players. dont get sucked in to making him an alround striker, train those physicals until he is at least 18/19 and then concentrate on finishing. I wasnt as lucky in my youth intake unfortunately.

Amateur

ri916 - when I recieve my youth intake, is it okay if post a screenshot there and then rather than waiting till the end of the season?

Reserves

Joe- if you want mate

Amateur

Good. I'm only in December at the minute after playing all day (finished uni for easter) but I'm just excited for my youth intake!

More to pad out the squad rather than anything else.

Amateur

3 games left and we sit in the relegation places, 3 points behind 19th, looks like I'll have to start again for next season...

Amateur

You can still do it Ant! Have you tried a team meeting?

I also find player interactions to be a useful way of maintaining/increasing morale - telling them whether they have been playing good or poor.

Amateur

Yep, 1 player reacted well....14 reacted badly, woops!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Ant View Post
    Yep, 1 player reacted well....14 reacted badly, woops!
    Oh god, that's not good!

Good luck in your last 3 games, sounds like you may need it.

Banned

I'm back for some more FM Should be on for a while, but i've got training later at 10.

I've been on a very poor run of form lately...

FA Trophy - Kidsgrove (Drew 0-0)
    FA Trophy - Kidsgrove (Won 1-0 AET)
    League - Stalybridge (Lost 3 - 2)
    League - Lowestoft (Lost 1 - 0)
    League - AFC Telford (Drew 0 - 0)

Struggling to score really and it has pegged me back in the league, i'm now 2nd, joint with Alfreton at the top on points, but my goal difference is lower I was 5 points clear not long ago in 1st place!

Amateur

I'm back for some more FM Should be on for a while, but i've got training later at 10.

I've been on a very poor run of form lately...

FA Trophy - Kidsgrove (Drew 0-0)
    FA Trophy - Kidsgrove (Won 1-0 AET)
    League - Stalybridge (Lost 3 - 2)
    League - Lowestoft (Lost 1 - 0)
    League - AFC Telford (Drew 0 - 0)

Struggling to score really and it has pegged me back in the league, i'm now 2nd, joint with Alfreton at the top on points, but my goal difference is lower I was 5 points clear not long ago in 1st place!
    Understandably disappointed but I imagine if you were offered a play-off spot at the start of the season, you'd have snatched at the chance, so to be challenging for the title is an incredible accomplishment!

Get a team meeting and some interactions going Think I might post up a short update at Christmas, just of my current league standings and top couple of players. If that's okay of course.

Amateur

It would be interesting to hear how people are approaching this challenge tactically.

Here is my tactics overview

I've chosen to opt for a solid side who are very hard to beat and try keep it tight at the back whilst exploiting our pace on the counter. This has definitely gone well so far with us having the tightest defence in the league.

League table

Reserves

FC United of Manchester- 2012-2013 End of Season Report

League Table

A good season on the whole. We struggled to score goals but still managed to avoid relegation comfortably with a 15th place finish. I hope to improve slightly next season and I'm pondering on changing my tactic to a more attacking one. The team also got to th first round of the Fa cup and the 2nd round of the FA trophy which I am pleased with.

Squad

The stand out in terms of stats is Wolfenden, with 17 goals and 11 assists. Our Goalkeeper james spencer is probably the highest quality player the team has so he will be in the line up for years to come. Overall, the squad is lacking depth and a goalscorer and my youth intake has done nothing to ease my concerns over this.

Transfers - I'm clear!

Facilities - An improvement in junior coaching and some training facility improvements coming soon. hope to nag the board a bit more next season

Youth intake

A couple of bright prospects but none to set the world on fire. Joseph White is my best prospect and has been honoured with the (YP) tag, he has decent physicals and should be a first choice left back in the future.

Round up; a decent season overall and i'm glad to have not fallen at the first hurdle. The main disappointment is the lack of a goalscorer in the youth intake.

Next season: hoping to break the top half with a finish of 11th or better, but not expecting much. We will be getting better training facilities in november if we dont lose to much money and I will try and improve the junior coaching budget.

Banned

I basically try to beat teams on the counter attack, with 3 strikers up front, but I also have a steady defence aswell. 4-1-2-3

I'm really struggling a lot now, I think it's down to fitness, so i'm sending players on holiday for a short while, 4 players at a time and hopefully we can get them back and be back to winning ways soon.

Reserves

joe- I'm Playing like that but the problem is there isnt any pace to expose in my team! My formation is more narrow however, as i dont have any decent wide players. instead i'm playing with 3 CM's and a DM. This is under review though and i may change it up.

Amateur

2012/13 - Hendon - Blue Square South

Pre-Season:

A mixed Pre-season, getting a few wins over lesser clubs but getting thrashed 4-0, 6-1 & 7-0 by Ipswich, Charlton & Crystal Palace respectively.

Blue Square South: 20th - Relegated

Well the first season in the division and it's a very brief stay as Hendon are going straight back down as caused by a massive run of barely any wins.

FA Cup: 4th Qualifying Round

We only managed to beat Cray in 1 leg, needing a Replay against Gresley and losing the replay against Blue Square Premier side Mansfield who then got knocked out in the next round to non-league side Bashley, Bashley ended up losing to Sunderland 2-0 in the 3rd Round.

FA Trophy: 1st Round

Did well to beat Gloucester 2-0 who got relegated from Blue Square North this season, before a high-scoring game saw us lose 6-3 to Bromley in the 1st Round.

Under 18 Team

The Welsh lad Lee Collins stands out of that, and he slotted straight into the first team but alas, it was too little too late.

Lee Collins

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    joe- I'm Playing like that but the problem is there isnt any pace to expose in my team! My formation is more narrow however, as i dont have any decent wide players. instead i'm playing with 3 CM's and a DM. This is under review though and i may change it up.
    I just play my fastest players on the wings and in the poacher position. I think pace is a key factor in the lower leagues and can rip defences apart.

I sometimes opt for 3 Cm's and a Dm when I'm defending a lead as it is a little tighter.

Amateur

Ant I would kill for a player like Lee Collins to come through my ranks!

Unlucky on the relegation, I'm sure you'll do better next time around.

Amateur

Hendon 2012/13 - Blue Square South
    End of Season Update

League Table : Overall pleased with survival, it was so very close all seaon.

Fa Cup : Not a bad run

Fa Trophy : Mickey mouse man, Mickey mouse

Squad : Pleased enough with the current squad. Best player is an Irish guy off course wouldnt have it any other way. Need a RB and cover for the MC as i feel my 38yr old MC cover is on his last legs.

Youth Squad : Line em up and shoot em all me thinks

Youth Intake : as 13th of march rolled on i was so excited and then this

Russel Andrews YP01 : The only player from the youth intake going straight into the squad, proved good backup despite not scoring in the 9 games he played, defo potential there.

Key Players

Steven Last : without him many more goals would of gone past, a rock.

Elliott Godfrey : clinical upfront thank god with 22goals in 46 games

And of course TRANSFERS

Next season
    after 3 failed attempts at getting my junior coaching up i need at least 1 or 2 ups before march rolls around again. im hoping that survival will be easier this time round with the players use to the tactics and their improvement overall. From now on i will post my youth intake as i get to them save leaving it till the end off the season.
    If anyone want any other info on this team or how anyother team is getting on just ask.
    Last edited by the_greyham; 15-03-2012 at 19:10.

Reserves

Just got this in my inbox. gutted. Was going to replenish the finances with some preseason friendlies aswell

Amateur

I just cannot see a striker with 2 for finishing do to well. Godfrey had a good season though.

Good work!

Reserves

Ant- Unlucky with Hendon mate, I hope you have another go with a different team

greyman- Well done on avoiding relegation and dont be to sad about the intake. Andrews will be a beast with his pace even if my nan is better at finishing than him , would swap your intake for mine any day.

Amateur

I'm not encouraged too much by people's intake . I think I'll have to drop my expectations slightly.

Should get round to that part of the game either tonight or tomorrow... excited!

Reserves

joe- why are you not encouraged! people are getting 16yr olds ready for the first team!

Banned

I'm struggling for words here, I was one of the best teams, 5 points clear at the top and won plenty of games...

In the last 16 games, i've won just 2 games outright, and won 1 game on penalties against BSP Wrexham, drawn 9 and lost 4... I'm 5th in the league now! Looks like promotion is out of the question unless we start winning.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the_greyham View Post

Hendon 2012/13 - Blue Square South
    End of Season Update

League Table : Overall pleased with survival, it was so very close all seaon
    Well done on survival, lets hope you can go for a Mid table finish next season!

Amateur

Right, new season and a new team...this time it's Harrow, and from what I can tell, the first team is alot worse than Hendon!

Amateur

just a quick update before i dash off to the pub, on my facilites screen now i have a new stadium being built which wont be finished till june 2016, and it says i have no youth facilities so does that mean i wont get an intake till march 2017????

Amateur

joe- why are you not encouraged! people are getting 16yr olds ready for the first team!
    That's true, very true indeed.

I was just building up my hopes a bit too much I feel but I suppose I'll just have to take what I can get.

I'm struggling for words here, I was one of the best teams, 5 points clear at the top and won plenty of games...

In the last 16 games, i've won just 2 games outright, and won 1 game on penalties against BSP Wrexham, drawn 9 and lost 4... I'm 5th in the league now! Looks like promotion is out of the question unless we start winning.
    I had a very similar problem in my previous save with Gainsborough. We hit a slightly tough patch and our heads dropped, meaning we lost about 6 on the trot. I went for a change of formation that time though and it worked in the end.

Reserves

just a quick update before i dash off to the pub, on my facilites screen now i have a new stadium being built which wont be finished till june 2016, and it says i have no youth facilities so does that mean i wont get an intake till march 2017????
    Strange...... I've just gone to the boardroom and it says that a stadium is being built for 2016 aswell. it was also started the day my training facility plans were cancelled.... hmmm. still have youth facilities though..... I would guess you will get a youth intake still.

Part-Timer

What does YP1 mean and why are a lot of you guys using it ?

Reserves

We are using it so we can track our youth players. YP=youth player and the number is the season we had them come through. every season you pick your best player from your intake and give them this tag.

Amateur

Okay, so I'm going to do a bit of a mid-season update as I really am loving this save. A lot of my games have been cancelled over Christmas because of snow which hopefully will get rid of the congested fixtures.

Well we've got off to an absolute flyer, our last defeat was back on the 1st September and we've put together a run of 15 games without defeat, drawing just 3 in the process. Also within this run we have only conceded 5 goals.

Fixtures
    League table

Our defence has been key in our success, with 11 clean sheets, once we score I seem to get a good feeling.

Here I'm just going to list a few of our better performers:

Dean McDonald - he hit a cracking run of form which kick-started our unbeaten run. He's our top scorer but is starting to taper off.

David Ray - our rock at the back! Cannot fault some of his performances, very impressive.

Paul Vines - Started off the season as our main source of goals only to lose his spot to McDonald. He's come in to a bit of form currently though playing as a Deep Lying Forward. A very player.

Amateur

Carshalton, the season so far .... (June 24th - Dec 31st)

In the league, after 22 games, we sit 11th in the BSS, with 31 points. However, we're only 5 points away from the playoff places, and importantly, have a better goal difference over most of the teams above us. Some good runs in the league have been followed by bad runs, but overall, not too bad so far.

In the FA Cup, Staines (BSS) were beaten 3-2 in Q2, with Kings Lynn losing 2-0 in Q3. In Q4 however, we were drawn against Chelmsford (BSP). 2-2 was the final score before the replay saw us suffer a 2-1 loss in Essex.

Some say we may have been fortunate to beat Welling in Q3 of the FA Trophy, as we needed an 85th minute equaliser to force a replay, before winning 3-2 at Welling, but the truth was in the first match, we went ahead after only 3 minutes, then hit the woodwork 4 times before half time. When they went 2-1 up I thought that's it. Try again next season. In the first round proper, it's another trip to Essex, as we're drawn away to Chelmsford..... We forced a replay by drawing 1-1, despite playing most of the match with only 10 men, and in my view rather luckily win the replay 3-2 despite having another man sent off and a player carried off after I used my 3rd sub. Tonbridge are next up for me in the cup.

In terms of junior coaching, I managed to persuade the board to increase it after we beat Kings Lynn. Hopefully, I can have a bit of a run in the FAT and persuade the board to increase it again at the beginning of March.

Amateur

Sounds like your going well Avramski! Very solid!

Amateur

Just had an awful start to my second season but a detailed change to my tactics has resulted in three wins on the trot with Freeman (yp02) scoring freely after being on a goal drought of over 9 hours.

EDIT: Save game crashed. Managed to find another one from July but means I to restart this season...
    Last edited by TWFL; 15-03-2012 at 21:27.

Amateur

Well at least it's looking good now!

My unbeaten run has come to an end First defeat in 17 games.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBainborough View Post
    Well at least it's looking good now!

My unbeaten run has come to an end First defeat in 17 games.
    Still top though?

Amateur

Still top though?
    No I've only been flirting with top of the league really, I'm still within 3 points or so. 8 points clear of 6th though which is promising.

Banned

Just had an awful start to my second season but a detailed change to my tactics has resulted in three wins on the trot with Freeman (yp02) scoring freely after being on a goal drought of over 9 hours.

EDIT: Save game crashed. Managed to find another one from July but means I to restart this season...
    Have the game save every week, might be a slight annoyance, but worth it and have it as a 3 rolling save.

Banned

Carshalton, the season so far .... (June 24th - Dec 31st)

In the league, after 22 games, we sit 11th in the BSS, with 31 points. However, we're only 5 points away from the playoff places, and importantly, have a better goal difference over most of the teams above us. Some good runs in the league have been followed by bad runs, but overall, not too bad so far.

In the FA Cup, Staines (BSS) were beaten 3-2 in Q2, with Kings Lynn losing 2-0 in Q3. In Q4 however, we were drawn against Chelmsford (BSP). 2-2 was the final score before the replay saw us suffer a 2-1 loss in Essex.

Some say we may have been fortunate to beat Welling in Q3 of the FA Trophy, as we needed an 85th minute equaliser to force a replay, before winning 3-2 at Welling, but the truth was in the first match, we went ahead after only 3 minutes, then hit the woodwork 4 times before half time. When they went 2-1 up I thought that's it. Try again next season. In the first round proper, it's another trip to Essex, as we're drawn away to Chelmsford..... We forced a replay by drawing 1-1, despite playing most of the match with only 10 men, and in my view rather luckily win the replay 3-2 despite having another man sent off and a player carried off after I used my 3rd sub. Tonbridge are next up for me in the cup.

In terms of junior coaching, I managed to persuade the board to increase it after we beat Kings Lynn. Hopefully, I can have a bit of a run in the FAT and persuade the board to increase it again at the beginning of March.
    Sounds like you've got a good season going, keep it up

Amateur

Have the game save every week, might be a slight annoyance, but worth it and have it as a 3 rolling save.
    Thats what I've done now. I took it off as I was too impatient with how long it was taking a holiday a season And forgot to put it back on... Learnt my lesson!

Banned

Thats what I've done now. I took it off as I was too impatient with how long it was taking a holiday a season And forgot to put it back on... Learnt my lesson!
    It happens, done it myself before aswell! Lets hope you can hit form from the start

Amateur

Just got my youth players through, although there is quite a bit of potential, I'm not quite sure what to think. I'll let you lot judge tomorrow when I post my season review.

Reserves

just realised I cant stop people reloading their youth intake to get better players. I'm sure your all trustworthy, but just remember, if you do this even once you probably wont feel the same way about completing this.

Amateur

just realised I cant stop people reloading their youth intake to get better players. I'm sure your all trustworthy, but just remember, if you do this even once you probably wont feel the same way about completing this.
    We should all solemnly swear to not attempt such deviant behaviour

Amateur

Starting to get hit by injuries

Down to 14 fit players now, including 2 'keepers.

Edit: Also I'm not able to play over the weekend so this will be it until Monday for me.
    Last edited by JoeBainborough; 16-03-2012 at 10:24.

Part-Timer

If you want to be pessimistic, you can't stop people using FMRTE to make their youngsters immense either

At the end of the day, if someone is attempting a challenge the only reward for doing so is satisfaction, and there's no satisfaction in cheating

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post
    If you want to be pessimistic, you can't stop people using FMRTE to make their youngsters immense either

At the end of the day, if someone is attempting a challenge the only reward for doing so is satisfaction, and there's no satisfaction in cheating
    Agreed, take the highs with the lows I always say

Reserves

glad were all on the same page

Banned

Just got my youth intake last night, couldn't be bothered posting after i'd been training, was too tired lol. As far as I can remember, I have one good prospect and could be my YP01 (i think thats what you said to name it), but the others are a little disappointing!

I'm wondering if, with the extra players coming in, I could push for top spot again, i'm currently 5th after a horror show in recent months.

Banned

Chester - March Update - Season 1

It's been a long season, but we've finally got our first crop of youth players in! It has come up with some interesting players, but there isn't anybody outstanding as such...

We've worked very hard this season and started on sensationally, soon rising above the likes of Darlington and Alfreton into top spot. We heald top spot for a while and even went 5 points clear at one point, but all of a sudden we hit a brick wall! We are now doing the opposite and being the team 5 points behind 1st place! We are currently in the play-off positions, but it's Squeeky Bum Time! We are a healthy 5 points clear of Nuneaton, but as we have already experienced, that can quickly change and i'm hoping the new crop of youth can shoot us back up the table.

League Table
    League Stats

We haven't particularly had any amazing players, just a team with togetherness, but as already stated, it's all falling apart...

Chester Squad & Stats

Season Verdict So Far... It's been a more than successfull season compared to what I expected, but I wont complain and we are just hoping to get promotion and maybe attract bigger crowds and hopefully improve the facilities.

Youth In-Take

Banned

Decided to do the March update instead of Mid-Season

Banned

My First YP!

Gary Beckford YP01, the home town hero of the future! Born in Chester on 24.10.1996, level headed, described as a young striker and is already blowing the Chester fans minds!

Gary Beckford YP01
    Report Card

He looks to have very good Physical stats except strength and his composure is fantastic, really exciting stats if you ask me. I've set up a training schedule as promised for all my YP's and i've set individual training to Quickness to try get pace and acceleration up.

The only problem with Beckford is he has very low Determination levels, so i've decided to get Matty McNeil to tutor him who has 12 Determination. I'm hoping that Beckford's will go up through being tutored and give him a better chance of reaching his potential. I was a bit scepticle at first as my Assistant Manager isn't the best when it comes to looking at CA and PA, but I had nothing to lose in giving him games as my strikers haven't been able to score to save their life in the last few months and he's come into the side and blown peoples minds away!

1st Game: 1 Assist, best player in my team...
    2nd Game: 2 Goals, best player in my team...

I can't wait for the next match now!

Amateur

My First YP!

Gary Beckford YP01, the home town hero of the future! Born in Chester on 24.10.1996, level headed, described as a young striker and is already blowing the Chester fans minds!

Gary Beckford YP01
    Report Card

He looks to have very good Physical stats except strength and his composure is fantastic, really exciting stats if you ask me. I've set up a training schedule as promised for all my YP's and i've set individual training to Quickness to try get pace and acceleration up.

The only problem with Beckford is he has very low Determination levels, so i've decided to get Matty McNeil to tutor him who has 12 Determination. I'm hoping that Beckford's will go up through being tutored and give him a better chance of reaching his potential. I was a bit scepticle at first as my Assistant Manager isn't the best when it comes to looking at CA and PA, but I had nothing to lose in giving him games as my strikers haven't been able to score to save their life in the last few months and he's come into the side and blown peoples minds away!

1st Game: 1 Assist, best player in my team...
    2nd Game: 2 Goals, best player in my team...

I can't wait for the next match now!
    I know exactly how you feel with this guy. It's great when you get someone in the intake that can immediately go into the main team and play well.

Banned

I know exactly how you feel with this guy. It's great when you get someone in the intake that can immediately go into the main team and play well.
    Well to be honest, he's rated far down the list in my striking department, but I thought what the hell, my strikers aren't scoring, so it can't hurt to play him

I'm a bit disappointed with the rest of the youth in-take, but i've signed up several just so that I have a bit of strength in depth for next season.

Amateur

Well to be honest, he's rated far down the list in my striking department, but I thought what the hell, my strikers aren't scoring, so it can't hurt to play him

I'm a bit disappointed with the rest of the youth in-take, but i've signed up several just so that I have a bit of strength in depth for next season.
    Fair enough might as well see what he can do. And I just ended up signing the lot as I needed more players to pad the squad out so even the bad ones got a contract, of which there were many.

Amateur

End of season report.

Following my mid-season report above, where things were not going too badly, things basically fell to bits.....

We managed to beat Tonbridge 2-1 in the FAT but just 3 wins in 17 games meant we was in freefall down the BSS table. This was compounded by the 5-1 demolition job we suffered at the hands of fierce rivals Sutton Utd in the 3rd round of the FAT. However, 3 wins in the last 5 games of the season meant we was safe from relegation (quite comfortably in the end), but it was doubtful for a while.

Final league table

I wasn't that impressed by my youth intake, as the only player suitable for a first team call up straight away was a goalie (report card), a position that I was lucky to have good cover for anyway, but a few decent prospects there. I just need to get the midfielders trained up ready for first team action though, as that is where I'm weakest currently.

In terms of transfers. I signed no one to stay within the rules, and the only player to leave was 1 of 4 leftbacks I had when I took over.

PS. Incase your wondering about the website, it's my own photography website. Feel free to have a browse if you want. I've set up a gallery where I can upload all my screenshots so you can see my progress through the challenge. As it's an unlisted gallery, the only place you'll find links for it, are in this thread.

Oh, while I remember, the board has spent £85k for me to add 50 seats to bring the ground up to league rules, so I expect no increase in junior coaching next season.
    Last edited by Avramski; 16-03-2012 at 21:21. Reason: Typo demon strikes again!

Banned

End of season report.

Following my mid-season report above, where things were not going too badly, things basically fell to bits.....

We managed to beat Tonbridge 2-1 in the FAT but just 3 wins in 17 games meant we was in freefall down the BSS table. This was compounded by the 5-1 demolition job we suffered at the hands of fierce rivals Sutton Utd in the 3rd round of the FAT. However, 3 wins in the last 5 games of the season meant we was safe from relegation (quite comfortably in the end), but it was doubtful for a while.

Final league table

I wasn't that impressed by my youth intake, as the only player suitable for a first team call up straight away was a goalie (report card), a position that I was lucky to have good cover for anyway, but a few decent prospects there. I just need to get the midfielders trained up ready for first team action though, as that is where I'm weakest currently.

In terms of transfers. I signed no one to stay within the rules, and the only player to leave was 1 of 4 leftbacks I had when I took over.

PS. Incase your wondering about the website, it's my own photography website. Feel free to have a browse if you want. I've set up a gallery where I can upload all my screenshots so you can see my progress through the challenge. As it's an unlisted gallery, the only place you'll find links for it, are in this thread.

Oh, while I remember, the board has spent £85k for me to add 50 seats to bring the ground up to league rules, so I expect no increase in junior coaching next season.
    The goalie looks like he could be a good one for the future It's amazing the amount of points between 19th and 20th! Well done on staying up

Reserves

TM- that young striker looks great! I wish people would stop being disappointed with their youth intake, anyone who has players through with gold stars already should feel lucky.

Avramski- well done on surviving ( as that is what the first season is about ) unfortunately your site seems to be to busy for me to view your screenies. Was disappointing as i wanted to see your goalkeeper .

Everyone- Stop moaning! your youth intakes are looking great and like they will develop into much better than your first team, so be happy!

Banned

This afternoon is the final showdown for the league, unfortunately on the last day of the season I could only take second place, which leaves the play-offs. We beat southport in the semi's in both legs, but now face the toughest challenge of our career so far, against darlington who I pipped to 2nd place! Can we do it?

Reserves

TM- Post the highlights without the score!

Banned

How do I do that ri?

Reserves

i just mean post the highlights without saying what the score is in the post, so people have to watch the video

Amateur

Hendon 13/14 March update

Bad News!!!!!!

Youth Intake

both make it straight into starting 11 due to injuries

Amateur

Laurent Friend YP02

His first game

goal at 1:06 on the clock

LEGEND in the making

Banned

Hendon 13/14 March update

Bad News!!!!!!

Youth Intake

both make it straight into starting 11 due to injuries
    Unlucky on the bad news, but fantastic youth intake

Lets hope your allowed to stay and develop them

Amateur

Hendon 2013/14 - Blue Square South
    End of Season Update

League Table : Strange a more comforatable survival with less points on the board

Fa Cup : KO on first game

Fa Trophy : Same as Fa Cup shocking

Squad : Lost our best RB,GK and second best DC due to wage budget being halved and they wouldn't renew. but apart from that all looks good. just hope next years intake has a RB and a MC as were very lacking there

Youth Intake : Same as the post above

Key Players

Steven Last : yet again solid at the back.

Finances : This is really not looking good loosing huge amounts every month even tho the wages are at 2500 a week, not much at all. chairman will not throw any money in whatsoever. he is a bit of a dick

And of course TRANSFERS

Next season
    Still no junior coaching upgrade hopefully the 2 new strikers can score in front off goal and we also have 2 new dc's come through. aim yet again is survival

Banned

Hendon 2013/14 - Blue Square South
    End of Season Update

League Table : Strange a more comforatable survival with less points on the board

Fa Cup : KO on first game

Fa Trophy : Same as Fa Cup shocking

Squad : Lost our best RB,GK and second best DC due to wage budget being halved and they wouldn't renew. but apart from that all looks good. just hope next years intake has a RB and a MC as were very lacking there

Youth Intake : Same as the post above

Key Players

Steven Last : yet again solid at the back.

Finances : This is really not looking good loosing huge amounts every month even tho the wages are at 2500 a week, not much at all. chairman will not throw any money in whatsoever. he is a bit of a dick

And of course TRANSFERS

Next season
    Still no junior coaching upgrade hopefully the 2 new strikers can score in front off goal and we also have 2 new dc's come through. aim yet again is survival
    Good job on survival and don't worry about it, your in a transitional period, trying to introduce the new future stars and hopefully in the coming seasons you will turn good

Banned

Welcome to the showdown between Chester & Darlington! The Play-off Final!

Previous Meetings...

The First game between Chester and Darlington was a pre-season friendly, but despite matching them in every area of the pitch, Levi Mackin scored an own goal which sealed out fate, losing 2 - 1.

The Second game was an away game for us and Darlington were expected to crush us. Darlington were crushing us come half-time, but we were still holding out at 0 - 0 and in the second half, Matthew Dolan got sent off to Darlington. This allowed us to keep control of the ball a bit better and we were unlucky not to snatch a victory. It ended 0 - 0...

The Final game we played against them was in the return fixture, with home advantage! Darlington proved however, that home advantage wouldn't give us an easy ride and despite Darlington picking up a red card late on, we were lucky to come out of this with a very respectable 1 - 1 result!

The League...

Darlington were probably the most feared opponent in the league, come the start of the season, or at least in my eyes they were! But some how in our last game of the season, we managed to snatch second place away from them and i'm sure they will be looking for revenge! They have performed extremely well this season with 77 goals and 41 conceded, giving them a goal difference of +36.

Shaun Curtis is seen as the main threat for Darlington and he's been one of the most consistent performers in the league this season. We will need to keep him quiet if we are to come out of this one with the victory!

Verdict: I believe we can pull this off, but I will be looking towards my YP01 to provide some memorable magic! We've managed 2 draws in the league, but that friendly defeat does hang over our heads and it's time to go out and prove we are good enough! We are playing at home which could be a major factor in this match and i'm very pleased by that!

Match Highlights! Watch For Match Result! View in 720p HD

Banned

Accidently posted the video with the winning information lol, removed now!

Reserves

congrats on promotion!!!!!! woooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! well done looking forward to the end of season post.

Banned

congrats on promotion!!!!!! woooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! well done looking forward to the end of season post.
    Thanks It was nail biting against Darlington, but I feel we were the better team and Gary Beckford YP01 was absolutely brilliant! Matty McGinn's giant throws are very dangerous and he proved that in the final

Amateur

Finally got a chance to sit down and just play and my career could not be going much better so far!

Amateur

Tactic Master, congrats on promotion bud

Reserves

stothy- glad to hear it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast