+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 200 of 2422

Thread: Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

  1. #101
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,232

    Default

    This could be a long season. By my third game, I'm down to 2 subs, both goalkeepers. Before half-time, I'm needing to make a sub, my striker who has two is injured and I'm having to play a keeper upfront.

  2. #102
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th March 2012
    Posts
    92

    Default

    I've just registered and come across this challenge. Time to save my current game with the Blue Brazil (Gainsborough Trinity) just before I start my 3rd season in the Premiership!

    Anyway, just setting up the game now, and I'll post again shortly once I've been on holiday for a year and chosen a club.

  3. #103
    Reserves
    Join Date
    22nd January 2012
    Posts
    12,903

    Default

    Ant- welcome to the challenge and it looks like you have a massive job on your hands! keeping hendon up will be difficult, but you can only do your best

    stothy- good to see another member of the challenge! good luck with Chester, who seem to have decent resources to stay up but may have high expectations.

    Avramski- I thought the blue brazil was Cowdenbeath? welcome and good luck.
    Last edited by ri916; 14-03-2012 at 06:25.

  4. #104
    Reserves
    Join Date
    22nd January 2012
    Posts
    12,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faultless View Post
    Started this with Billericay, have been waiting for a suitable challenge since the new patch came out and this one seems interesting.
    Are you going to release a press statement here announcing yourself as manager good luck

    Nottingham Forest- sounds like your struggling for players, I dont have this problem. Mine is that they are all s**t!

    Everyone- I have added a table of participants to the OP, with everyones names, teams and divisions. Let me know if the division is wrong and if i have missed you out!
    Last edited by ri916; 14-03-2012 at 06:53.

  5. #105
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th July 2011
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    This could be a long season. By my third game, I'm down to 2 subs, both goalkeepers. Before half-time, I'm needing to make a sub, my striker who has two is injured and I'm having to play a keeper upfront.
    And I thought I had it bad! I've had all my strikers out and had to play the most malco centre back up front. It was no suprise that I didn't score for 3 matches.

    By the way just had my Junior Coaching increased, it's now up to "Basic"..

  6. #106
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,232

    Default

    Increase in Junior Coaching. It's now adequate .

  7. #107
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,232

    Default

    Mine may not last much longer. I only had a squad of 17 players to start off with and I'm now down to 11 players. The rest of the team are injured. However, we've just played well and had a spirited comeback against Chelmsford.

  8. #108
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th August 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default

    best of luck to all those taking part. I'm setting up the challenge, just doing the holiday atm. i will post a screenie once i have picked my team also i will be doing this with my nationality set as andorran and try to produce top quality andorrans to make a side challenge to this challenge

  9. #109
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,232

    Default

    This really does not get any easier. As if only having 11 players to choose from wasn't hard enough, go into a game and manage to be infront after 55 minutes. Until that is, my 16 year old right back, who's had to play centre back and left back this season(playing left back for this game) gets injured. We have to play the remaining game with 10 men and go onto concede. Results don't go our way and whilst it's another point, we're back in the relegation one, two points adrift and my striker, is now out injured for 3 months. Luckily my defender is not injured, just knackered like most of my team.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ant View Post
    Going to join in, holidayed a season and took over at Hendon due to there geographic location of being in London and less than 20 minutes from both Tottenham & Arsenal it might encourage youth in the area.

    Manager Profile
    Contract
    Season Expectations
    General Information
    Facilities
    Senior Squad
    Staff
    Finances
    Reserve Squad
    Under 18 Squad


    There are no under 18's and 19 first team players, we're predicted 21st of 22 and have 2 pre-arranged friendlies against Sutton Utd & Hayes & Yeading and I'll try to arrange a couple of money spinners.
    Best of luck mate, I hope you stick with the challenge

  11. #111
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,232

    Default

    I have 10 players.

  12. #112
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th March 2012
    Posts
    92

    Default

    In a shock announcement, Bradford PA have revealed former Brigg Town player David Perks as their manager. David managed to raise a few eyebrows when he announced he wouldn't be using the transfer market at all, preferring to rely on youth players coming through the ranks.

    PS. The bit about being a former Brigg Town player is true as I used to play for them way back when, so I've set my past experience as a semi professional player.

  13. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avramski View Post
    In a shock announcement, Bradford PA have revealed former Brigg Town player David Perks as their manager. David managed to raise a few eyebrows when he announced he wouldn't be using the transfer market at all, preferring to rely on youth players coming through the ranks.

    PS. The bit about being a former Brigg Town player is true as I used to play for them way back when, so I've set my past experience as a semi professional player.
    I might be wrong, but I think the rules state you have to be a sunday league, I think higher reputations get more respect from players, but you need to work your way up maybe? I'd enquire with Ri916 about it anyway, because who am I to tell you to do this and that?

  14. #114
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th March 2012
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Apologies if that is the case, if so, I'll restart.

  15. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Bit annoyed, Wes Baynes has been sent off 2 times in 4 games, whilst gaining 2 yellow cards aswell... His aggression is only 6 :S He cost me the game against Altrincham which we held on to a 2 - 2 untill the 85th minute, lost 3 - 2

  16. #116
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th August 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Graham McCormick of Andorran nationality takes the helm at Hendon.

    Squad
    General Info
    Facilities
    Expectations

    A few players have contracts running out next month and they dont want to know what i can offer them. on the other hand there are many players with a n/a contract, when i go to offer them a part time contract my board will not allow me to set a contract length and i cant get the boys under contract, here is the error

    any help appericiated here.

  17. #117
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,232

    Default

    It's not an error, it's just the way it is. It's there way of saying(player) that they'd only accept a non contract offer.

  18. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_greyham View Post
    Graham McCormick of Andorran nationality takes the helm at Hendon.

    Squad
    General Info
    Facilities
    Expectations

    A few players have contracts running out next month and they dont want to know what i can offer them. on the other hand there are many players with a n/a contract, when i go to offer them a part time contract my board will not allow me to set a contract length and i cant get the boys under contract, here is the error

    any help appericiated here.
    Best of luck and I hope you stick with it Bit strange, he's not a grayed out player either is he? Don't know what to do either.

  19. #119
    Reserves
    Join Date
    22nd January 2012
    Posts
    12,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avramski View Post
    Apologies if that is the case, if so, I'll restart.
    sorry mate, has to be sunday league. I understand you were trying to make it realistic but unfortunately rules are rules hope you had a save on 23rd june so you can restart quickly and when you do a press announcement, include a screenshot of your manager profile
    Last edited by ri916; 14-03-2012 at 15:34.

  20. #120
    Reserves
    Join Date
    22nd January 2012
    Posts
    12,903

    Default

    the_greyham- Welcome and good luck! as for the contract thing i would try changing the squad status. the board may be blocking contracts with wages for backup and rotation players. put it on key player or first team, it could work. if this fails i think forest is right.

    going to play some fm for a few hours, so i wont be very active. hoping to finish s1 by the end of the week!

  21. #121
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th July 2011
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    the_greyham- Welcome and good luck! as for the contract thing i would try changing the squad status. the board may be blocking contracts with wages for backup and rotation players. put it on key player or first team, it could work. if this fails i think forest is right.

    going to play some fm for a few hours, so i wont be very active. hoping to finish s1 by the end of the week!
    Good luck, halfway through Season1 myself and am trying to get it done before this weekend as can't play any then. It's not going as badly as you'd think at the halfway mark..

  22. #122
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th August 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    the_greyham- Welcome and good luck! as for the contract thing i would try changing the squad status. the board may be blocking contracts with wages for backup and rotation players. put it on key player or first team, it could work. if this fails i think forest is right.

    going to play some fm for a few hours, so i wont be very active. hoping to finish s1 by the end of the week!
    yes i can only offer contracts if their status is set to first team or key player.

    so for updates i will just be doing a big one at the end of the season, whenever that will be. also to anyone out there hit me up on steam id:the greyham [EGC]

  23. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_greyham View Post
    yes i can only offer contracts if their status is set to first team or key player.

    so for updates i will just be doing a big one at the end of the season, whenever that will be. also to anyone out there hit me up on steam id:the greyham [EGC]
    Good luck, i've added you

    My players are obsessed with red cards...

  24. #124
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,232

    Default

    I'm currently bottom and in March. We're 6 points off of safety and have won our past 2 games. Our previous win was on December 12th before these 2. I don't know when and if I'll get youth players through. Any ideas?

  25. #125
    Reserves
    Join Date
    22nd January 2012
    Posts
    12,903

    Default

    21st march. use them wisely .

    if you get relegated dont be dishearted. kingstonian is a very hard team to do it with and this is your first try. the challenge is supposed to be hard

    just has junior coaching increased! seems to be the easy one to get early

    dont even think about getting youth recruitment up for a few years. people tell me it is very hard to get up.

    i know people will get very exited when they get a youth intake, but please keep it for the end of season post. you can drop hints on what its been like but i would like the screen to only be put in the end of season update.
    Last edited by ri916; 14-03-2012 at 16:22.

  26. #126
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,232

    Default

    I got my youths through, 13th of March it is.

  27. #127
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th August 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    I got my youths through, 13th of March it is.
    cant just drop a bombshell like that without screenies afterall thats what this challenge is all about

  28. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    21st march. use them wisely .

    if you get relegated dont be dishearted. kingstonian is a very hard team to do it with and this is your first try. the challenge is supposed to be hard

    just has junior coaching increased! seems to be the easy one to get early

    dont even think about getting youth recruitment up for a few years. people tell me it is very hard to get up.

    i know people will get very exited when they get a youth intake, but please keep it for the end of season post. you can drop hints on what its been like but i would like the screen to only be put in the end of season update.
    I'm looking forward to March, but i'm so far off... However, I'm overachieving in the league so far

  29. #129
    Reserves
    Join Date
    22nd January 2012
    Posts
    12,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_greyham View Post
    cant just drop a bombshell like that without screenies afterall thats what this challenge is all about
    he can say if their any good!

  30. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    I got my youths through, 13th of March it is.
    any good ones?

  31. #131
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,232

    Default

    They aren't . Infact there is one left back who looks decent. There's a striker who's average. I've offered them all deals though. I've figured that you cn offer them a part-time contract on £3 a week. Considering some of them are under 15, I should be locked up for child slave labour .

    Edit: Gavin Park

    Dean Corbett
    Last edited by Nottingham Forest; 14-03-2012 at 16:33.

  32. #132
    Reserves
    Join Date
    22nd January 2012
    Posts
    12,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    I should be locked up for child slave labour .
    get them on high strength and aerobic training, with a ppm, individual focus and position change- that'll get you locked up

    how did everyone do in the fa cup?- i've got to the first round.

  33. #133
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,232

    Default

    I got knocked out in the 2nd Qualifying Round .

    Edited my post above yours as well.

  34. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    get them on high strength and aerobic training, with a ppm, individual focus and position change- that'll get you locked up

    how did everyone do in the fa cup?- i've got to the first round.
    Haha! I've not even played in the cup yet...

  35. #135
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th August 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Nottingham Forest - what potential stars did the ass man give your 2 players?

  36. #136
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,232

    Default

    I don't know, don't really look at that. I know most are rated to be better than what I have but my ass man is rubbish. The left back has some decent attributes imo and he'll do. In my next game, my strikeforce will have an average age of 16 . I have another cb that's ok and he's gone straight into my side.

  37. #137
    Reserves
    Join Date
    22nd January 2012
    Posts
    12,903

    Default

    training facilities upgrade

  38. #138
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th July 2011
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Been drawn against Cray Wanderers in the 2nd Qualifying Round of the FA Cup, doing well in BSS in 8th position after 8 games.

  39. #139
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,232

    Default

    I've gone on holiday until the end of April. I'm going to give my assistant the chance to earn some credit.

    Also, when newly promoted clubs come up, do they always have a manager or not? If they don't, I was going to resign and continue that way. If they do, then I was going to retire and try again. I'd prefer the first one tbh.

  40. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    training facilities upgrade
    I'm jealous! How much did it cost?

    Progress Update: 10 games into the BSN season and i'm 2nd place with joint points on 1st, but only +11, whilst Alfreton have +17 GD

    As for the FA Cup, just drawn with Southport in 2nd qualifying round, they scored in 90th minute to hold on for a replay

  41. #141
    Reserves
    Join Date
    22nd January 2012
    Posts
    12,903

    Default

    Forest- Sounds like you've given up on this season! its fine to pick a newly promoted club at the end of the season as long as they werent previously playable.

    TM- it will cost 95k. sounds like you are doing well!

  42. #142
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,232

    Default

    Not given up as such. Passing the book to my assistant so I can blame him .

  43. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    TM- it will cost 95k. sounds like you are doing well!
    I would say we are a resilient type of team, 7 of our games out of 11 were very close, often sneaking a goal late on, or with the draws, we are holding on defensively. I'm a bit worried about going to Southport for the replay... They were the better team I thought, but I thought we'd bagged the game at 2 - 1 going into extra time

  44. #144
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,232

    Default

    Season 2012-2013
    Blue Square South
    Kingstonian


    Pre-Season

    I put the players fitness and morale to one side as I went in quest of picking up some much needed cash. By the end of pre-season we had won 1 and drew 1 of our many pre-season games. I suffered alot of injuries throughout pre-season so couldn't get a side that was settled.

    League: Bottom - Relegated

    We actually got off to a winning start and then in out first few games we did well and looked like we could achieve a mid-table finish. Much like pre-season though, we were hit by injuries and when we was, we struggled. A fully fit squad of 17, including 3 keepers isn't enough. So when you're having to play keepers here, there and everywhere and you're struggling to pick 11 players to start, you know that it's going to be tough. We were resilient throughout the season and in most games we were written off which is another thing that didn't help. We had a few spells of form, but ultimately, when you can't score many goals and don't have a big squad, it'll be difficult.

    FA Cup: 2nd Qualifying Round

    I wanted a cup run as it would have hopefully sped up the progress that we would have made. It wasn't to be and we were out of it before we were in it.

    FA Trophy: 1st Round

    Another competition I would have liked to have done well in. We didn't but I'm not disappointed that I went out to Chelmsford.

    I was sacked on the 27th of April, with one game of the season remaining. I'd love to keep the same manager and try and have another crack at it next season with a newly promoted side. I have a month to wait, so fingers crossed.

  45. #145
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th August 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default

    This is new Lol

  46. #146
    Reserves
    Join Date
    22nd January 2012
    Posts
    12,903

    Default

    Forest- Unlucky Mate :/. find a new team and give it another crack!

  47. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post

    Season 2012-2013
    Blue Square South
    Kingstonian

    I was sacked on the 27th of April, with one game of the season remaining. I'd love to keep the same manager and try and have another crack at it next season with a newly promoted side. I have a month to wait, so fingers crossed.
    Unlucky Better luck next season and I hope you get to keep your manager.

  48. #148
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,232

    Default

    I may have to start again . None of the newly promoted sides have sacked their managers and I don't fancy waiting.

  49. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Steve Carroll - My 16 year old striker who just single handedly downed Hyde with 2 goals to record a 2 - 1 victory

  50. #150
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th August 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    I'm about to join this challenge; currently on holiday.

    Just to clarify, we are able to bring our own staff in?

  51. #151
    Reserves
    Join Date
    22nd January 2012
    Posts
    12,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    I may have to start again . None of the newly promoted sides have sacked their managers and I don't fancy waiting.
    just retire your manager and make a new one with the same name ect. and take over the club of your choice

  52. #152
    Reserves
    Join Date
    22nd January 2012
    Posts
    12,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBainborough View Post
    I'm about to join this challenge; currently on holiday.

    Just to clarify, we are able to bring our own staff in?
    this is answered in the OP and i have answered it again later in the thread. Yes you can bring in your own staff. good luck

  53. #153
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th March 2012
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Let's try again..... Restarted my save from 23rd June, and this time the choice of promoted clubs was Chester, St Albans and Stafford in the BSN, and Carshalton, Farnborough and Weymouth in the BSS. What swayed my decision is that Carshalton's youth facilties were not rented (plus they have an 8000 capacity stadium), so here goes ....

    Manager profile
    Club overview
    Club facilities
    First team squad
    Reserve team squad

    In terms of finances, I have £30k in the bank, and so far, only 1 friendly arranged, that being away to Dorchester.

    Time to arrange a few money spinning (hopefully) friendlies, get 2 or 3 coaches in and 1 scout to spy on future opponents.

  54. #154
    Reserves
    Join Date
    22nd January 2012
    Posts
    12,903

    Default

    Thanks for restarting . looks good. I'm glad you didnt pick farnborough though, as they didnt get promoted since they start the game in the BSS!

  55. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avramski View Post
    Let's try again..... Restarted my save from 23rd June, and this time the choice of promoted clubs was Chester, St Albans and Stafford in the BSN, and Carshalton, Farnborough and Weymouth in the BSS. What swayed my decision is that Carshalton's youth facilties were not rented (plus they have an 8000 capacity stadium), so here goes ....

    Manager profile
    Club overview
    Club facilities
    First team squad
    Reserve team squad

    In terms of finances, I have £30k in the bank, and so far, only 1 friendly arranged, that being away to Dorchester.

    Time to arrange a few money spinning (hopefully) friendlies, get 2 or 3 coaches in and 1 scout to spy on future opponents.
    Best of luck avramski Keep us updated on things.
    Last edited by Tactic Master; 14-03-2012 at 18:30.

  56. #156
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th August 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    this is answered in the OP and i have answered it again later in the thread. Yes you can bring in your own staff. good luck
    Sorry about that, I was skimming through as I'm really looking forward to this. I understand it can be very annoying answering the same questions!

    I'm currently on holiday in May so my information should be up within the next half an hour

  57. #157
    Reserves
    Join Date
    22nd January 2012
    Posts
    12,903

    Default

    good to hear! sorry if i was a bit snappy

    ^ 200th post

  58. #158
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th March 2012
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    Thanks for restarting . looks good. I'm glad you didnt pick farnborough though, as they didnt get promoted since they start the game in the BSS!
    Hmm, think my glasses need cleaning ....

  59. #159
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th August 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    So, after eagerly anticipating my holiday manager's return, the leagues have been refreshed so I am free to choose my new club.

    After some 'um's and ah's' I decided to go for Carshalton.

    Manager Profile

    It's on the 28th as when I pressed continue from the 23rd it just kept going and going!

  60. #160
    Reserves
    Join Date
    22nd January 2012
    Posts
    12,903

    Default

    Joe- Thats fine. look forward to your journey with Carshalton!

  61. #161
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th August 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    After a quick look at my squad, I'm actually not that disappointed. Here's a few of my key players who I will be reliant upon:

    Paul Vines

    Craig Tanner

    Francis Quarm

    Tom Davis

  62. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBainborough View Post
    After a quick look at my squad, I'm actually not that disappointed. Here's a few of my key players who I will be reliant upon:

    Paul Vines

    Craig Tanner

    Francis Quarm

    Tom Davis
    How's the depth in your squad?

  63. #163
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th March 2012
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Carshalton? it isn't that deep. just 4 or 5 players injured and the club will struggle ....

  64. #164
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th August 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    How's the depth in your squad?
    That's a little more of an issue

    Squad

    That's every player at the club who isn't greyed out. I'm really pleased with my strikers. But there are definitely going to be some big problems along the course of the season.

  65. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Chris Simm goes 23 hours without scoring a goal and then scores a hatrick???

  66. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBainborough View Post
    That's a little more of an issue

    Squad

    That's every player at the club who isn't greyed out. I'm really pleased with my strikers. But there are definitely going to be some big problems along the course of the season.
    I'd say that squad is absolutely fine, I have less players than that, but thankfully not too many injuries so far, touch wood

  67. #167
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th July 2011
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avramski View Post
    Let's try again..... Restarted my save from 23rd June, and this time the choice of promoted clubs was Chester, St Albans and Stafford in the BSN, and Carshalton, Farnborough and Weymouth in the BSS. What swayed my decision is that Carshalton's youth facilties were not rented (plus they have an 8000 capacity stadium), so here goes ....

    Manager profile
    Club overview
    Club facilities
    First team squad
    Reserve team squad

    In terms of finances, I have £30k in the bank, and so far, only 1 friendly arranged, that being away to Dorchester.

    Time to arrange a few money spinning (hopefully) friendlies, get 2 or 3 coaches in and 1 scout to spy on future opponents.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBainborough View Post
    So, after eagerly anticipating my holiday manager's return, the leagues have been refreshed so I am free to choose my new club.

    After some 'um's and ah's' I decided to go for Carshalton.

    Manager Profile

    It's on the 28th as when I pressed continue from the 23rd it just kept going and going!
    Aha nice to see more Carshalton managers! Good Choice It gets tough with such a small squad so don't try and wear them out with hard training schedules but anyway good luck!

  68. #168
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th August 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Yeah I was quite pleasantly surprised actually. I think it is a case of, to do well injuries must be avoided, for all teams to be honest.

    Everything seems to be in place with some lovely and easy (hopefully!) friendlies that should lift morale nicely for the beginning of the season. I'm going to make sure I am very detailed with my micromanagement in this save as I believe it will be crucial.

  69. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBainborough View Post
    Yeah I was quite pleasantly surprised actually. I think it is a case of, to do well injuries must be avoided, for all teams to be honest.

    Everything seems to be in place with some lovely and easy (hopefully!) friendlies that should lift morale nicely for the beginning of the season. I'm going to make sure I am very detailed with my micromanagement in this save as I believe it will be crucial.
    Yes definately, thats why it's taking me so long, i've only just reached beginning of November haha... Make sure you get your Team Meetings right too as they can really help with morale in these lower leagues Just done one and 16 came back positive with only one negative.

  70. #170
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th August 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    How are you performing in your league Tactic Master?

    Yes I feel the team meetings are key features in the game, especially in saves like this when morale is going to be such a vital factor.

  71. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBainborough View Post
    How are you performing in your league Tactic Master?

    Yes I feel the team meetings are key features in the game, especially in saves like this when morale is going to be such a vital factor.
    15 games played, 2nd place, one point behind Alfreton and Ironically, I played Alfreton next! Massive match, but i've struggled against some of the top teams, so i'm not that confident.

  72. #172
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th August 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    That's exceptional! Are you going for a rigid approach or are you looking to really go out and attack your opposition?

  73. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBainborough View Post
    That's exceptional! Are you going for a rigid approach or are you looking to really go out and attack your opposition?
    I attack my opposition we 3 strikers up front, which is reflected with 37 goals and conceded 21. To score, you have to expect to concede... Most of my games are very close, but I seem to just about edge it.

  74. #174
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,232

    Default

    So it's holidayed again and I have a choice of the following teams: Carshalton, St Albans, FC United, Lowestoft, Chester, Lewes. There should be 6 teams to choose from right?

    Unsure on who to be really. It's between Chester, FC United and St Albans.

  75. #175
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th August 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    I only have 3 strikers in my squad

  76. #176
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th August 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    So it's holidayed again and I have a choice of the following teams: Carshalton, St Albans, FC United, Lowestoft, Chester, Lewes. There should be 6 teams to choose from right?

    Unsure on who to be really. It's between Chester, FC United and St Albans.
    I almost went Chester, the only reason I didn't was because I currently have a save where I have been in the BSN for a fair while so fancied venturing into the south of England this time round.

    So yeah, I say Chester

  77. #177
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,232

    Default

    Gone Chester. No squad worries for me .

  78. #178
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th August 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Good to hear!

    After my first friendly this has already happened.

    One of my best players injured, hopefully not the first of many!

  79. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Chester Vs Alfreton Town (2nd Vs 1st)

    Goals & Stats
    Match Stats
    Post Match + Table

    As I keep saying, we some how seem to just about do it, we got dominated, but we scored the vital goal from a corner

  80. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBainborough View Post
    Good to hear!

    After my first friendly this has already happened.

    One of my best players injured, hopefully not the first of many!
    That's unlucky, touch wood and you will be fine

  81. #181
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th August 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    That's unlucky, touch wood and you will be fine
    He should be back just in time for the beginning of the season, well perhaps the second or third game so its not all bad.

    Great result against Alfreton to put you top! I very much doubt our performances will be anywhere near those of your Chester side's.

  82. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBainborough View Post
    He should be back just in time for the beginning of the season, well perhaps the second or third game so its not all bad.

    Great result against Alfreton to put you top! I very much doubt our performances will be anywhere near those of your Chester side's.
    At the start of the season I had a few injuries, but as soon as they started light training, I shoved them straight back in the side It's the only way with such a small squad.

  83. #183
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th August 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    At the start of the season I had a few injuries, but as soon as they started light training, I shoved them straight back in the side It's the only way with such a small squad.
    What are your approaches to training? I imagine with the clubs being semi-pro there will be no major development of current players so I have opted for quite a light schedule with the presumably high number of games each player will play.

  84. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBainborough View Post
    What are your approaches to training? I imagine with the clubs being semi-pro there will be no major development of current players so I have opted for quite a light schedule with the presumably high number of games each player will play.
    At the moment, i'm leaving the schedules on default, because they do work like that, but once I get some good players through, i'll be making individual programs for them. I've had some success with the individual programs on a Barcelona save, so i'm pritty confident in that area.

  85. #185
    Reserves
    Join Date
    22nd January 2012
    Posts
    12,903

    Default

    geography homework complete! now for some fm...... hope to get the youth intake tonight, only 3 months away

  86. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    geography homework complete! now for some fm...... hope to get the youth intake tonight, only 3 months away
    I hate you for creating this thread I've neglected my sign up because of it haha.

  87. #187
    Reserves
    Join Date
    22nd January 2012
    Posts
    12,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    I hate you for creating this thread I've neglected my sign up because of it haha.
    ha ha! I'm sure you can juggle both.

    guess who are top of the league in my save, Chester! a funny coincidence? i think not

  88. #188
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th August 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    I've been enjoying watching my substitute keeper play up front for the last ten minutes of my friendlies while my strikers rest their legs

    He's hit the post in the most recent!

    Picked up my second injury but it's only 6 days... phew!

  89. #189
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th August 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Got myself a parent club to garner some extra income and a slightly high profile friendly every year:

    Last edited by JoeBainborough; 14-03-2012 at 20:51.

  90. #190
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th July 2011
    Posts
    292

    Default

    I have just had my second Junior Coaching increase after a recent takeover from Barry Hearn.

  91. #191
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th August 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TWFL View Post
    I have just had my second Junior Coaching increase after a recent takeover from Barry Hearn.
    Great stuff. How far in are you?

    I've just had the one increase at the start of my save.

  92. #192
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th July 2011
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBainborough View Post
    Great stuff. How far in are you?

    I've just had the one increase at the start of my save.
    Just entered March, interested to see what comes up in the Youth Intake. Desperately need a goalkeeper.

    EDIT: Just had my youth Intake and I am very, very happy with it. But I won't reveal them till the end of season which won't be long.
    Last edited by TWFL; 14-03-2012 at 21:13.

  93. #193
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th August 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    A good intake already?! I want to see this!

  94. #194
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,232

    Default

    Hmm, all you lot are bad influences. Going to boot mine up now. Currently spending near on £8k on wages. Don't know whether to go with my old approach of extending all players contracts and hope for the best or to leave it and hope I get some good youngsters through. Risks both ways.

  95. #195
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th July 2011
    Posts
    212

    Default

    I'm at the start of February now, the board are refusing to let me increase the Junior Coaching...you guys are lucky.

  96. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    15th June 2009
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    Hmm, all you lot are bad influences. Going to boot mine up now. Currently spending near on £8k on wages. Don't know whether to go with my old approach of extending all players contracts and hope for the best or to leave it and hope I get some good youngsters through. Risks both ways.
    Leave things as they are and let go of some players who you clearly wont need, to get that wage bill down.

  97. #197
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,232

    Default

    Yeah thinking of doing that. I'm trying to keep determined players as well. I have a centre back who's not very good and on £350 a week. He's off and I'll happily piggyback him to his next club. Got a determined 16 year old centre back, won't make the grade but he'll do for the time being.

  98. #198
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th August 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Well pre-season went well, although with some very easy fixtures, by the time I started the season, everyone was fully fit.

    Friendlies

    Our first league game was at home to Salisbury. We set up to play on the counter and things went surprisingly well for our first game:

    Carshalton vs Salisbury

    Paul Vine headed home to put us 1-0 up in the first half but we sadly went down to ten men early in the second period. Salisbury missed the resultant penalty and actually went down to ten men themselves.
    David Ray then put the game home in the final few minutes with a lovely header.

    Very pleased by my start.

  99. #199
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th August 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    Hmm, all you lot are bad influences. Going to boot mine up now. Currently spending near on £8k on wages. Don't know whether to go with my old approach of extending all players contracts and hope for the best or to leave it and hope I get some good youngsters through. Risks both ways.
    That's quite a high wage bill! Mine is a measly £2,566 p/w.

  100. #200
    Reserves
    Join Date
    3rd July 2010
    Posts
    11,232

    Default

    I don't like it. Eventually though, if I can make some money, I'll only be spending a couple of grand a week maximum. I reckon with squad I have, I can get promotion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts