+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,600 of 2422

Thread: Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

Semi Pro

Carshalton Atheltic :2030-31

League Table
    A bit better this year in the league but would of liked to to get into Europe or at least win a trophy but oh well stayed in the prem so the money keeps rolling in and i am currently the 25th richest club in the world

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Patel

Crabb

Welsh

Ward

Koprivcic

League Cup - Qtr Final Arsenal

FA Cup - 6th round Aston Villa

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP03

YP07

YP08

YP10

YP12

YP13

YP14

YP15

YP15

Youth Intake

YC
    YCI
    YCR

YC1
    YC1R
    YC1I

U18s

Next years objective : Push for some Silverware and Europa League place
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 28-04-2012 at 23:16.

Amateur

Another fantastic start and was up to 6th in December and yet again go on a horrid run in December and January and the season just turns into nothing

Hitchin Town Youth Academy

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Season League POS PTS FA Cup League Cup Other
    2012-13 BSS 15th 47 QUALS
    2013-14 BSS 11th 57 QUALS
    2014-15 BSS 18th 40 QUALS
    2015-16 BSN 18th 49 QUALS
    2016-17 BSN 19th 45 QUALS
    2017-18 BSN 17th 46 1st

My star striker finished with 29 goals in 37 games

Amateur

Oh my Youth intake was rubbish

Semi Pro

Carshalton Atheltic :2031-32

League Table
    Arghhh almost got there but ffs i want to get into Europe now

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Key Players
    Forde

Burt

Malama

Welsh

League Cup - 4th rnd Spurs

FA Cup - 4th round Reading

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP03

YP07

YP08

YP10

YP12

YP13

YP14

YP15

YP16
    YP16R

U18s

Last edited by toonbalmy87; 29-04-2012 at 21:35.

Part-Timer

Still need to put last seasons report together, but thought I would share a screenshot from my game right now. Ray Holland is now beyond ridiculous in a good way. When I get the season report together, you will see why. He also just put 6 past Birmingham in a home Championship game at the start of my new season (will post proof in that seasons round-up) and his value is slowly rising.
    Unfortunately, his contract is slowly shrinking.

Here is a screenshot of his demands now, 21 months from expiration.....

Oh Good Lord!

So, little old Weymouth has no chance!
    He wants over 30k, I can go max 4.8k (My whole squad totals 42.5k right now!)
    Not too mention the huge incentive clauses too!

The only way I was able to tie down 3 other key players were to include match highest earner clauses, so they would kill me too.

The only chance I can imagine I have of resigning him is to make a fantastic run in the league, make the Prem this year and see if the money infusion gives me more wage wiggle room.
    If I don't go up this year (which is most likely), then I will have to cash in on him.

The goalscoring on this kid is ridiculous (never had anything like him in any iteration of FM or FML). Legendary stuff. It will hurt to see him go.
    Last edited by Braumiller; 28-04-2012 at 23:25. Reason: fixed image, original was too small

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by toonbalmy87 View Post

League Table
    Arghhh almost got there but ffs i want to get into Europe now

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Key Players
    Forde

Burt

Malama

Welsh

League Cup - 4th rnd Spurs

FA Cup - 4th round Reading

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP03

YP07

YP08

YP10

YP12

YP13

YP14

YP15

YP16
    YP16R

U18s

Love seeing these updates.
    toonbalmy87, what are your facilities at these days? Would you mind posting a screenshot of them?
    Interesting to see what to be aiming for. 10 years of play time behind you, but always fun to see what we are striving for in your successes.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Braumiller View Post
    Love seeing these updates.
    toonbalmy87, what are your facilities at these days? Would you mind posting a screenshot of them?
    Interesting to see what to be aiming for. 10 years of play time behind you, but always fun to see what we are striving for in your successes.

Ill post it up in a minute umm all my facility's are pretty much the best apart from youth recruitment which my Chairman is pain in the as s about takes forever for him to let me upgrade it
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 28-04-2012 at 23:50.

Part-Timer

Whoa, nice stadium!
    Is that a new stadium with the same name as their old one, or have you been able to expand to that size?

Makes my shiny 15,965 one being built look tiny

Reserves

Whoa, nice stadium!
    Is that a new stadium with the same name as their old one, or have you been able to expand to that size?

Makes my shiny 15,965 one being built look tiny
    It must be a new one, but you should be able to upgrade your new stadium to that size

Toon- Your making incredible progress! If you can get into the CL places then your most of the way there to completion as the CL is just Pot luck unless you make a really good team.

Braumiller- Thats some demands from holland! How much do you think you'd get for him if you cashed in? If the previous figure is less than 10 mill then it might just be worth keeping him untill his contact runs out to get into the PL. If you get promoted this season it might be worth keeping him to keep you up
    Last edited by ri916; 29-04-2012 at 08:04.

Part-Timer

I started this last night, I've tried doing this on previous versions but have never got very far however I want to stick with this one for a while.

I chose to play as FCUM as they were the only one of the available teams that I have seen play in real life.

Pre-season was dreadful, played 5, 1 won, drew 1, lost 3, with 2 of those losses coming to non-league teams.

I then only had time to play a couple of league games last night. First of them was against Darlington, away, relegated from the BSP last season and predicted to finish right up near the top of the league. The game ended with them having about 16 shots to our 9, but we both only had a single CCC and they were restricted largely to long range efforts with about a dozen long shots. Final score, 1-0 to us.
    Then we were up against Gainsborough at home, again we were predicted to lose by a big margin, but we matched them shot for shot, both of us finishing with about a dozen efforts, and once again we ended up 1-0 victors.

So, two good wins to start the season, bring it on!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    It must be a new one, but you should be able to upgrade your new stadium to that size

Toon- Your making incredible progress! If you can get into the CL places then your most of the way there to completion as the CL is just Pot luck unless you make a really good team.

Braumiller- Thats some demands from holland! How much do you think you'd get for him if you cashed in? If the previous figure is less than 10 mill then it might just be worth keeping him untill his contact runs out to get into the PL. If you get promoted this season it might be worth keeping him to keep you up
    Um nope its still the old stadium i keep asking for a shiny new one but they wont give me it greedy bast erds

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mack4life View Post
    I started this last night, I've tried doing this on previous versions but have never got very far however I want to stick with this one for a while.

I chose to play as FCUM as they were the only one of the available teams that I have seen play in real life.

Pre-season was dreadful, played 5, 1 won, drew 1, lost 3, with 2 of those losses coming to non-league teams.

I then only had time to play a couple of league games last night. First of them was against Darlington, away, relegated from the BSP last season and predicted to finish right up near the top of the league. The game ended with them having about 16 shots to our 9, but we both only had a single CCC and they were restricted largely to long range efforts with about a dozen long shots. Final score, 1-0 to us.
    Then we were up against Gainsborough at home, again we were predicted to lose by a big margin, but we matched them shot for shot, both of us finishing with about a dozen efforts, and once again we ended up 1-0 victors.

So, two good wins to start the season, bring it on!
    Welcome Mack taking a break from your Chairman game while you wait for new people to sign up :P

Reserves

Um nope its still the old stadium i keep asking for a shiny new one but they wont give me it greedy bast erds
    Really?! didnt know 5k seaters could be upgraded to 50k all seaters!

Reserves

It depends on what's around it and what it's at in the editor. If the board can get the planning permission then I don't see what the problem is. I'm still in pre-season of my 3rd season. Back into the black though. Although with all the contract terminations I'm tempted to give I won't. Still unsure on whether to do that or keep them as back ups as no one is interested in them.

Ri, update the thingy with everyone who is taking part.

Part-Timer

A little 'change of pace' post here and to give a little insight into my overly analytical (re: anal) approach to things sometimes

Below is a screenshot of how I 'wasted' sometime at work this morning analyzing my current squad of YP tagged players.

What I have done here is attach a value to each player for their current ability (CA) and potential ability (PA), based on their coach report given by my best equipped coach to do this (the coach with the highest Judging Ability and Judging Potential attributes). Luckily for me this coach also has a coaching style of 'General', meaning he gives opinions on all outfield players (some coaches have coaching styles of Defending or Attacking, which limits their coaching report opinions to players of that particular nature).

Anyway.........
    The reason I did this is because during my first Championship season I did not focus at all on progressing young players, it was all about putting out the best XI each week to scrap for survival points. I have indirectly developed some players as they either were first team players or they came in to cover games, but the development area of this challenge was knowingly neglected this season to maximize survival chances.

This spreadsheet exercise was done to bring the need for development back into the fore and to help me clarify who needs what kind of development and who is surplus to requirements these days.

The values assigned for CA and PA can be found in the key on the right hand side of the screenshot and reflect the different opinions given by the coach in the coach report.

I ordered the entries as follows;
    First by 'Difference', which means those players with the most progression need (the biggest difference between their current ability and their potential ability) are highest.
    Second by 'Potential', so that if two or more players have the same difference between their CA and PA, the highest PA players appear at the top.

So, the list reads from top to bottom as those with the greatest need for development at the top.
    Those who are already developed at the bottom.

Doing this exercise how helped me immensely as I noted the following about my situation;
    * I have 7 of my 10 outfield players listed as Championship quality. This I tag due my policy of 'if they are old enough, they are good enough. I will often have 15 and 16 year olds running around for me and they have developed as the club as progressed.
    * I missed the boat on Jon Gibson. He has been with me 6 years, has not progressed and is still listed as decent Championship level potential. I need to get him games (loaned out) desperately next year or sell him.
    * Excluding Ray Holland (who is an exception to most any rule you create) I have not developed a player into a Championship level for the past 4 youth intakes. Obviously they have not had as much time to develop, but I would also say I have leant more towards best XI each game than rotating in youth level kids for experience. I will look to change this next year.
    * I have 4 or 5 players whose potential is now below an acceptable level for a Championship team and as long as squad depth allows I should look to release or sell.
    * My recent upgrades to youth recruitment network (and increased club reputation) seem to be paying off as my top 5 development projects are from my past two youth intakes. Trowbridge looks especially nice, although he needs retraining from DM to MC to fit into my 442 formation.
    * The players highlighted in green are my current first team XI if all are available. The three weak outfield players (my current GK is weak and was not even YP tagged) play at DL, DC & MC. This means I am going to spotlight Trowbridge, Henderson and Jake Jones as my main development projects going forward as they can directly replace them as (if) they progress as my coach reports indicate they could.
    * I need a GK desperately!! Dunwell has potential to be a decent Championship GK, but he is currently not good. I loaned him out this year, but it has not really kick-started things. I could drop him in the first team occassionally, but my already woeful defensive record might crash the game if I did! lol

So, there is my plan going forward!
    A few end of season report spoilers in there, but oh well. Hoping to finish the season (3 games left) and put the update together tonight or tomorrow.
    Ah spreadsheets and FM........i used to use them all the time to track progress and appearances and run some quick code to identify key attribute increases and defincies, as well as looking at corrolations between appearances and attribute improvements. Havent done it much lately but given the nature of the challenge i might need to do some work! Liking the scale system you used as well

On my game, the board have started construction of a "new" stadium already (i say "new" since we dont actually have one at the moment!). A bit wierd in that tehre was no request from me and no announcement of it! only noticed it by going into the boardroom to ask for something else! It willt ake until 2016 to be ready and with no details of how it was funded (i even searched news items incase i missed it!) I can only hope for the best! No loans have appeared on finances screen and finances havent taken a hit at all, so who knows!

Reserves

It's the Mafia.

Part-Timer

Welcome Mack taking a break from your Chairman game while you wait for new people to sign up :P
    Haha, I've got to have something to play alongside the Chairman game!

Part-Timer

Does anyone have the number for the Suicide Hotline.......

I guess my silver lining here is that we are 2 weeks away from the January window closing and it will mean Man City will back off until the summer.
    But still, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Reserves

I've just got Colwyn Bay as a feeder club. They're still in the Blue Square North and after pre-season, I shall be sending them some of better youngsters in the hope that they get first-team football. I shalle also be terminating the contracts of about 6 former first-teamers which should reduce my wage bill by £1.5k hopefully.

Reserves

Forest- I will update the thingy but I will need everyone still active in the challenge to post their team, seasons complete and current division as I think quite a few users have dropped out.

Reserves

Chester - 2 seasons completed, pre-season of the third.

Semi Pro

Forest- I will update the thingy but I will need everyone still active in the challenge to post their team, seasons complete and current division as I think quite a few users have dropped out.
    ill get my table set up with next update i do

Part-Timer

Pieces for ri916 updates

Current status: 9 Seasons completed with Weymouth, currently in the Championship (proof)

Record applications:
    Highest Transfer Fee: Sam Bryant 3,900,000 (proof), plus 502k sell on fee clause
    Goals In A Game: Ray Holland, 6 (proof)

Semi Pro

League Table
    Didn't really do great in the league but wasn't really looking at the league i want to win a cup so the league sort of came 2nd when i had chance t rest a couple of players i did once i was safe and knew i wouldn't go down

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Nicholls

Welsh

League Cup - Reading 3rd Round

FA Cup 1 2 3

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP03

YP08

YP10

YP12

YP13

YP14

YP15

YP16

Youth Intake
    YC
    YCR

YC
    YCR

YC
    YCR

U18s - My Youth are kicking serious butt
    Player Stats

Next years objective : Stay in Europe and try to break into the top 6
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 01-05-2012 at 16:41.

Semi Pro

Year Division Fa cup Fa Trophy League cup Johnstones Paint Trophy
    1 17th Blue Square South 4thQ 2nd Rnd na
    2 9th Blue Square South 2nd Q 3rd Q na
    3 2nd Blue Square South 1st round 3rd round na
    4 9th Blue Square Prem 1st round 1st round na
    5 1st Blue Square Prem 4th round Winners na
    6 10th League 2 5th round na 1st round 2nd round
    7 1st League 2 3rd round 2nd round 1st round
    8 2nd League 1 4th round 3rd round South Final
    9 13th Championship 3rd round 4th round
    10 5th Championship 5th round 3rd round
    11 6th Championship (Play Off Winner) 3rd round Semi Final
    12 15th EPL 6th round 3rd round
    13 14th EPL 5th round 4th round
    14 15th EPL 3rd round 3rd round
    15 17th EPL 3rd round Final
    16 11th EPL 4th round Semi Final
    17 13th EPL 6th round Final
    18 11th EPL 6th round Quarter Final
    19 9th EPL 4th round 4th round
    20 11th EPL Winners 3rd round
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 08-05-2012 at 17:34.

Part-Timer

Grats toonbalmy87!

Amateur

I'm still doing it.

Club: Chester

Seasons completed 1.5

League blue square premier

I've been rubbish with updating as trying to squeeze as much playing time in as possible. Will try to do a proper update soon!

Amateur

Nothing to report from my latest season

More mid-table mediocre rubbish

Got to the 2nd Round of the FA Cup losing to League 1 Colchester Uniyted

Code:
                   Hitchin Town Youth Academy

Season    League   POS   PTS    FA Cup   League Cup   Other
    2012-13     BSS    15th   47     QUALS
    2013-14     BSS    11th   57     QUALS
    2014-15     BSS    18th   40     QUALS
    2015-16     BSN    18th   49     QUALS
    2016-17     BSN    19th   45     QUALS
    2017-18     BSN    17th   46      1st
    2018-19     BSN    14th   55      2nd

Part-Timer

Writing up two seasons worth of updates for tonight. It will include goals, new stadia, goals, rejections, goals, transfers (out ;0), goals, facility updates and a few goals too.

Started playing the next season (after the currently unreported two mentioned above) and all I will say is this.....

I do not understand this game sometimes!

That can be taken in a good way or a bad way. That is the teaser I will leave you with

Part-Timer

Ive a seasons worth of updates to write later too, second season sadly far less eventfull than yours Braumiller! more midseason rubbish but good news on the youth front (or it was until my YP1 just did his hip and is out 2 - 3 months )

Part-Timer

Ok, I think I'm going to quit this now, I've started too well and won't be able to keep it up!

7 games played, 4 wins, 1 draw & 2 losses, sitting 4th in the table with 9 goals scored and only 3 conceded!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jambo98 View Post
    Ive a seasons worth of updates to write later too, second season sadly far less eventfull than yours Braumiller! more midseason rubbish but good news on the youth front (or it was until my YP1 just did his hip and is out 2 - 3 months )
    Keep plugging away once you make it into League 1 or Championship thats when you start getting your players through and arent made of glass

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mack4life View Post
    Ok, I think I'm going to quit this now, I've started too well and won't be able to keep it up!

7 games played, 4 wins, 1 draw & 2 losses, sitting 4th in the table with 9 goals scored and only 3 conceded!
    haha i always seem to die off over Christmas period haha so watch out

Part-Timer

FC United of Manchester
    Season 2 (2013/14)
    Blue Square North

On to season 2, the board had low expectations again and i still had, in reality, a weak squad. I fancied a run at the playoffs but we started poorly and never kicked on. Biggest issue this season was quite possibly my management, i choppped and changed tactics far to much, never let things settled, tried to be too clever and ask my players to do too much. In the large part they struggled and inconsistency was the result, including a horrid run in jan and feb which saw us lose 9 out of 11 in the league and sent us plummeting from around 8th to 14th. We recovered slightly to finish 13th, one place lower than last season which was not satisfactory.

League positions graph

Transfers - Proving i am clean!

The squad

Not going to do player by player this season, as we used about 40 players over the season! I also was not happy with the season and so keen to plough on that i didnt take screenies of many players, not much to show anyway.

Top performers

Karl Munroe - 34yr old CB who i expected to serve only as back up actually ended up leading the team in ave rating qith 7.08 from 29 games
    James O'brien (YP1) - As predicted became a key player, managed 7.04 from 34 games in all comps, 6 goals was decent and 16 assists a very good return. Big things expected in season 3 as he wont suffer from my constant tactic changing and being shunted to different positions
    Simon Atkins - Top scored with 12, which tells you all you need to know about this season............

Other notables:

Carlos Roca - Last seasons best player was distinctly average this year, managing only 6.89. Suffered from being moved to accomodate O'Brien and also with the many tactic changes

Youth Intake

having had a second upgrade to youth coaching i was looking forward to it, and was very happy with the results. Some defensive prospects with a CB who is ready for the first team and a good prospect. A back up RB who has the potential to be a leading BSP level.

However YP2 will be this fella

Michael Rigby

Rated as potential to be a good league 2 player (same as O'Brien). He will go right into the team as a starting striker next season.

Youth Progress

YP1

Aims from last season

1) Push for playoffs - Epic Fail

2) learn how to defend, especially set pieces! - Pretty much a fail, we were poorer defensively than in season 1

3) Develop YP1 - Success, he made good strides and is already a key part of the team

Aims for NEXT season

1) Push for playoffs

2) Settle on a tactic and stick to it

3) Develop YP1 and YP2

Part-Timer

Weymouth FC Summary - Season 9 (2020-21)

League Table - Progress Chart
    First season in the Championship and survival was the only goal. Achieved and Ray Holland proved last year was no fluke. Now all the big clubs are looking at him after a simply ridiculous 51 league goals!

The big news was the board agreement to build a new stadium! 15,965 capacity and ready in time for the start of the 2022-23 season (18 months from announcement).

Youth Intake
    A very pleasing intake this year, with 2 defensive players and solid MC with Premiership potential and a winger.

Transfers

Weymouth FC Summary - Season 10 (2021-22)

League Table
    An ultimately frustrating season on a few fronts.
    The league was going fantastic, in the play-off spots for the first half of the season until disaster struck and Ray Holland went down injured. We played well to begin with in his absense but then we faltered massively.
    Off the field we had our second youth facilities cancellation in 2 years due to funds running dry and then the news that the stadium is 6 months behind schedule, so we will not move in until around Nov 2022.

Ray Holland's contract wound down to just 12 months left and no extension was in sight. He got injured again on his return, for another 2 months which ruled him out for the season and then he got called up to the full England squads provisional World Cup team!! He didn't make the cut due to fitness (and no doubt lack of experience etc...) but it was nice to see.
    Then came the moment everyone dreaded. One last try at contract talks, one failure and one offering of the now club icon to all. He was valued at 2.6m (he was around 3.5m, but injury inactivity has seen it fall) and I offered him out at 15m plus 50% future profit clause.
    Surprisingly none of the big boys came in for him, but Wolves who had just come second in the Championship saw him as their source of goals for surviving their Premiership return. 8m plus the 50% clause.
    Sad to see him go, but it was time to cash in while I could and build the club up.
    Now we hope that he scores the goals to help Wolves survive and then one of the big clubs ponies up the big money for him.
    Ray's final league stats for me at Weymouth were a stunning 138 goals in 118 games. But I couldn't let him leave for nothing in 12 months time and I had to fund much needed club facility improvements.

I immediately went to the board and over the course of the summer they agreed to both training (3.7m) and youth (1.3m) upgrades. Both are much needed. The beauty of it being the summer as well is that work began immediately and the payments are paid. No going back, finally some infrastructure improvements.

Following this Rob Neal (YP 1b) asked for a move (he asked last year and I promised the club would grow to meet his ambition) and I agreed. He has joined Championship rivals Bristol Rovers for 975k and a 50% future profit clause as well.
    I have two nice looking prospects who play at MR/AMR, so I was fine with this one.

So, all change down on the south coast in the summer of 2022!

Add to this I am moving from a 442 to a one FC formation and this could go one of many ways.....

Youth Intake
    Another good intake with 3 potential first teamers. After 10 intakes, finally a GK!!!! He has Premiership potential, but certainly not yet. I played him in 4 starts, we lost 4 and heavily. Will probably give him more and more games this coming season. If we survive and he plays ok then I think it should be onwards ad upwards from there for him.

Goals for season 11, 2022-23 are simply survival.
    Feels like a fresh start, so a fresh reset of my 4 year per division plan.

Part-Timer

A little worried about my new stadium progress. It was due to be completed in the summer of 2022, which has now passed. They stated a 6 month delay and it would now be Nov 2022.

My club information screen still quotes this;

But on the boardroom screen it worryingly says this;

Urgh, that would be an extra 13 months of a 6,600 capacity when I should be in my shiny new digs which I am hoping will help balance the books (losing around 200-300k a month right now, although I have around 6 million in the bank currently due to the sales recently).

Reserves

Unlucky braumiller, that last season must have been very fustrating with Holland injured and having to sell him for a deflated price of 8m is a bit of a kick in the teeth. I would imagine you will keep getting stadium delays in your inbox untill the date on the boardroom screen.

Jambo- You may be disappointed but I finished 15th in my first two seasons as FC united. I then finished 11th, followed by me scraping into the playoffs the following year.

Padders- I admire your perseverance with I very tough team. I'm certain it will pay off when your winning the EPL! I actually think the first promotion and the following survival in the BSP is the hardest part of the challenge until you get to the EPL.

Amateur

Thanks mate, appreciate your kind words.I'm stuck mid table yet again in my latest season, I have just been through the Christmad period so I'm hoping for one amazing run to sneak into the playoffs! Not very likely mind It's one hell of a challenge and very frustrating! I'll keep going. I could really do with a decent keeper to come through my Youth Candidates. I think that would really help. I can't get any more improvements on my facilities a we have no money! Need a good cup run!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Thanks mate, appreciate your kind words.I'm stuck mid table yet again in my latest season, I have just been through the Christmad period so I'm hoping for one amazing run to sneak into the playoffs! Not very likely mind It's one hell of a challenge and very frustrating! I'll keep going. I could really do with a decent keeper to come through my Youth Candidates. I think that would really help. I can't get any more improvements on my facilities a we have no money! Need a good cup run!
    try selling a couple of players if you have the back up ready in waiting to take over his spot. that's what i am waiting for a goalkeeper mine is getting a bit old now

Reserves

I'm bottom of the BSP 4 games into the new season. My clearout obviously didn't work and I don't know how to change it .

Reserves

I should add that I was going to pack up. But seeing how well everyone else is doing has tempted me to continue. I've changed tactic and keeper, bringing John Danby back and I'm going to go more defensive and look to hit teams on the counter.

Reserves

This game gets on my tits sometimes. 2-1 up away at Woking. A change of mentality and tactics and with a few minutes to go we're 2-1 up. They have a free-kick from inside their own half, which should be dealt with as it comes over. My defenders make the number 1 mistake by letting the ball bounce. Mix up all round and they get a knock on for one of their strikers to score. He looked offside I shall add. In stoppage time, they get a corner, ball is cleared to just outside the box, about 25 yards. Guess what, from nowhere, they score . 4/5 straight losses, morale is ****ed and we still don't have a point .

Edit: Despite the loss, morale has improved loads. Hopefully, we can start playing like we did in this game and get the points we deserve.

Edit 2: No it hasn't, I was wrong .
    Last edited by Nottingham Forest; 01-05-2012 at 10:23.

Reserves

I just held a team meeting and the players morale has got even worse as they think they're performing as well as they can . Maybe, we have to go down and rebuild. If we did, I'd hope the board would give me another chance.

Reserves

It was looking to be all doom and gloom for my Chester side at the start of the new season as we hadn't won in 5. Although the last loss we had, we played well with our new tactic and mentality. In our 6th game of the season we get our first win and first points on the board by beating Mansfield Town. We used the same tactic as the previous game so hopefully things are on the up.

Reserves

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes. Just had one of those great FM moments.

Part-Timer

Unlucky braumiller, that last season must have been very fustrating with Holland injured and having to sell him for a deflated price of 8m is a bit of a kick in the teeth. I would imagine you will keep getting stadium delays in your inbox untill the date on the boardroom screen.

Jambo- You may be disappointed but I finished 15th in my first two seasons as FC united. I then finished 11th, followed by me scraping into the playoffs the following year.

Padders- I admire your perseverance with I very tough team. I'm certain it will pay off when your winning the EPL! I actually think the first promotion and the following survival in the BSP is the hardest part of the challenge until you get to the EPL.
    and to break the train of notts updates............. Thanks ri, to be honest i think going up in season 2 would have been a bad thing, i would have liked progression but ultimaetly if i look at it, without my tactical mess we probably could have made around 8th or 9th which would have given me that progression.

Season 3 started well, first 6 games brought 4 wins and 2 draws, fixture 7 just saw us take a 3 nil beating at Kidderminster so time to ensure we dont go on a terrible run like we usually do after one defeat!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes. Just had one of those great FM moments.
    FM can sometimes be like my golf game.
    You start hating it, then you hit that one shot that makes you come back again next time

Reserves

I'm hating it again. We were doing so well and now we're losing 3-0 against Dartford who were a side around us. Really think we could go down this season and I could be sacked.

Edit: 3-1, potential fight back.

Reserves

I've resigned

I'll be looking to make this guy my first-team coach at my new club as well.

Hopefully, one of the newly promoted teams will not have a manager and they'll approach me. If not, I'll have to retire and not be able to try and resign Matty.

Reserves

Forest- Why did you resign? You were only in september?

Reserves

We were playing *****. We were 23rd, couldn't win, couldn't score apart from Rainford and it seemed no matter what tactic I tried, it didn't want to work.

Edit: I've now holidayed to January and they're bottom with 1 win from about 20 games.

Reserves

They finished bottom, didn't get many decent youth players through either .

Part-Timer

God damn I hate this game sometimes. We had won our last 2 league games in a row, 1-0 & 3-0, and were going into our first FA Cup game of the season against Harrogate who were 11 points below us in the league at the time and this happens:

3 goals in the space of 4 minutes to give us a 3 goal lead with 10 minutes left in the first half. Looking like a good situation to be in. So, they've scored 1 just before the break, fine, we're still 2 goals up and playing very well. Second half, OH DEAR GOD, STOP GIVING THE BALL AWAY & MISSING EVERY DAMN TACKLE.

3-0 up to 4-3 down and after we scored our 3rd goal we only had 2 shots on goal and both of them from long range. Absolutely pathetic.

Reserves

Some of the new teams promoted have some massive squads. Tempted to let you guys decide who I should be. I know who I'd possibly like to be, due to one player one of the clubs have signed. I've played cricket with him in real life and he's from where I live.

Would any of you like to pick my new team?

Reserves

Eastleigh and Guiseley are the 2 sides I've narrowed it down to. One of those is the team I want to manage.

Reserves

Forest- the team has to be previously unplayable, It might be best to restart.

Reserves

Ah right, thought it was just from the start that they had to be unplayable. I have a choice between Tooting and Mitcham United, Harrow Borough or Bedford Town then.

Think I'll go Bedford Town.

Semi Pro

1st season in europe is over and the league season is over iv got much to update so be back in a few

Reserves

good luck forest.

Reserves

Yeah, I'll need it. I haven't got the squad depth in order to arrange money spinning friendlies. So this pre-season will be about improving morale and getting the players used to my tactics. I've already got the board to improve junior coaching but it's still at minimal. I've also found a great assistant manager in Ian Breckin who is miles better than what I have and what any other clubs 2/3 divisions above us should have. If I can get him to join, I'll post a screenshot of him. I've also found a few good coaches as well and a decent scout.

Reserves

Ian Breckin

I should also add that I'm only spending £669 on players wages. So hopefully I should get enough to make a little profit each month.

Part-Timer

I presumed the same as well ri916 in regards to the stadium, but November 22nd just rolled around and......

Ta Daaa!!!

Then less than a week later our first home game rolls around in our new stadium. Unbelievably we were heading for our first 0-0 in well over a season, when in the 92nd min we nick a winner.
    That felt good, but not as good as a couple of news items afterwards

Record Attendance, but massively Record Receipts!!!. Oh that is a hell of a bump. I now, finally am in a position where I could possibly start operating on a profit again.
    In which case hoping to ramp up the facility upgrades.

19 games into the season and I have yet to draw a game. There is my teaser for the season update which might be tomorrow night if I get some playtime tonight.

Reserves

I really want to play, but I seem so busy at the moment.

I'm going to spend 40mins on some research for my geography controlled assessment (coursework in a classroom) and then play fm for 2hrs +
    Last edited by ri916; 01-05-2012 at 16:50.

Reserves

I'm so glad I'm not at school and college anymore. I work full-time and I'm on nights this week. It means I get my days off to myself and actually have days off. I don't play FM as much as I did when I was at college, but I can still play for a few hours a day when I've been at work.

Reserves

forest do you have a job in sales?- I thought I saw you mention that- Asking because I dont know many salespeople who work nights

Reserves

Nah, I work for Morrisons mate. I try and sell some reductions sometimes so that's the sales side of it imo. I'm just covering someone on ours who works nights this week.

Semi Pro

2035-36 Carshalton Atheltic : Champions League Calling The Robins

League Table
    Yesss Finally manager to get into the champions league and break into the top four

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Malama - my best player he is awesome plenty of teams sniffing around him

League - Semi Final Southampton (Penalty's)

FA Cup - Man City 4th Round

Europa League - Benfica 2nd Round

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP08

YP11

YP13

YP14

YP15

YP16

YP17

YP18

U18s - Walked it again
    Player Stats

Next years objective : Get into the knockout stages of the Champions league and Qualify for it again
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 07-05-2012 at 11:28.

Reserves

Toon- Brilliant mate! I think you might actually complete this! Spectacular to reach the final of the europa league and only 1 point off champions league football!

Semi Pro

Toon- Brilliant mate! I think you might actually complete this! Spectacular to reach the final of the europa league and only 1 point off champions league football!
    yeah pretty peeved off that i didn't win it though

Reserves

You won't do it . In all seriousness though, well done for what you've achieved so far.

Part-Timer

Excellnt work Toon and best of luck in the new attemt Notts - I think its worth sticking with it even if you do down at some point, its part of what makes it reward to recover!

Time for me to tempt fate........my YP2 just broke my club goalscoring record for a season, on the 20th October.....so that wuold be in somewhat less than a full season........now watch him break both legs in a freak hovercraft accident......

Amateur

Yes fantastic work Toon, well done

I have gone from 4th in BSN after 11 games to 19th after 28 games. Lost the last 7 games in a row

As always can't win a game over December and January.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Yes fantastic work Toon, well done

I have gone from 4th in BSN after 11 games to 19th after 28 games. Lost the last 7 games in a row

As always can't win a game over December and January.
    well yes its party time over those two months or nursing a hangover

Part-Timer

This has to be an all time FM record for me, first drawn game of the season in any competition just occurred on January 14th!
    29th game of the season.

Amateur

A couple of you guys are having some real success and it's make me more determined to succeed! Well done again

However I have to escape another relegation battle this season

Part-Timer

Ive managed to just about escape the dreaded dec/jan season in season 3 without too much damage, still in contention for a playoff place............usually those 2 months kill me as well, fixture pile ups meaning have to constantly rotate and start weaker players.

Long way still to go.......

Part-Timer

Youth Intakes are always interesting and this one just potentially got VERY interesting.
    I have never had a 'son' in the game, but I have heard of it happening.

This youth intake there is a 15 yr old MC who shares my surname and also has me (and one of my other coaches) listed in his favored personnel. Player Info - Player Report

Is there anything definitive I should check to see if he is a son, or a naming coincidence?
    Worth noting, there are only 2 Talbott's in the game. Me and him.

When he signed his youth deal this was the news. Mentions me as his idol, nothing regarding father.

If he is my son, I suck at being an FM Dad! His personality is Low Self Belief........

Reserves

Omg omg omg!!! all the signs to say he's your son are there! Your so lucky, I would go into GD and create a thread there just to check with the 'experts'. Dont let him miss another game! I dont care how S**t he is! There was a guy who got a son with terrible potential, but he gave him so many games that he became a world beater.

edit: scrap making a thead, I got over excited and did it for you- link
    Last edited by ri916; 03-05-2012 at 05:43.

Third Team

Youth Intakes are always interesting and this one just potentially got VERY interesting.
    I have never had a 'son' in the game, but I have heard of it happening.

This youth intake there is a 15 yr old MC who shares my surname and also has me (and one of my other coaches) listed in his favored personnel. Player Info - Player Report

Is there anything definitive I should check to see if he is a son, or a naming coincidence?
    Worth noting, there are only 2 Talbott's in the game. Me and him.

When he signed his youth deal this was the news. Mentions me as his idol, nothing regarding father.

If he is my son, I suck at being an FM Dad! His personality is Low Self Belief........
    Congratulations! It's a central midfielder!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio MVP View Post
    Congratulations! It's a central midfielder!
    lol, thanks!

Now I have to worry about curfews as well as getting results

Part-Timer

interestingly i just got a player through in my youth intake who listes me as favoured and when he signed the youth contract said he was looking forward to working with his Idol. Since i am about 33 in the game and only in season 3, and he has a different name, id say not my son!

Impressed that a young player has his idol as the manager of a club who have finished mid table in the BSN twice in a row...........

Part-Timer

Weymouth FC Summary - Season 11 (2022-23)

Well, file this season under "I should be happy, but....."!

League Table says it all.
    3rd, behind a rampant Leeds and Wolves (who both let their feet of the gas after securing promotion with 4 or 5 games to go), and then a play-off final loss at Wembley 3-2 to a Fulham side who had won 6 straight going into the game and were rampant. Truth be told 3-2 flattered us a little, but over the course of the season I really felt we had done enough to deserve promotion.

Very telling that we were predicted 23rd place by the media at the start of the season, but as we gear up for 2023-24 they predict us 9th (the highest prediction of any year, in any division!).

So I have very high hopes for promotion next season!

But this years recap first and there was a lot happening.

Close season we sold club legend Ray Holland for a club record 8m.
    The board agreed to and completed training and youth facility upgrades.
    We also got the news that our 15,965 capacity stadium had been delayed 6 months.
    Being relatively short on strikers we change formation for the first time since the BSN, going from a flat 442 to a 451 (AML, MC, MC, MC, AMR).
    I also purposefully got more assertive with my players and team talks.

Now add all these changes up and I don't know which contributed how much to our good performances!

We start the league year out with 6 straight wins (with a League Cup 1st round loss thrown into the mix). And quickly settled in to 2nd or 3rd place, until Wolves got on a roll and separated themselves.

November 22nd 2022 saw the brand new Weymouth Stadium open and suddenly our game day income went up 3-fold. (Those are the old and new records, usually it was 70k a game and now it is 200-250k).
    Each of the last 5 months of the season saw us make a profit (unheard of for 10 years) and I finally feel like we belong in the division and we are not just punching above our weight.

Youth Intake rolled around and a fantastic FC prospect came along and instantly found himself on my bench.
    We also saw the introduction of my son, Chris!
    Bless him, he is a little low on self belief (and ability, but sssshhhh) but no way I am letting him go.

Transfers!!!

After the initial heartbreak of a play-off final loss and being so close to the jackpot, I am very proud of this year.
    We are now a force in the league, we no longer have kids with potential, we have young men with ability.

Season 12 Goals.
    * Promotion
    * Facility upgrades
    * A proper cup run would be nice, but not if it interferes with the league

Part-Timer

unlucky braumiller sounds like quite a season though!

I also have a full update to write but to late tonight. Season 3 is over and I also got a bit more agressive with team talks this season. Also have a stadium under construction, a training upgrade under construction and a squad of 60 players (!) some trimming needed i think!

FC Oss Researcher
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408

Just want to say I have a game holidaying at home, so when I get home from work I will kick this off. I have just done 12 seasons with Bridport FC using an extended data base but feel like I have gone as far as I could.

Reserves

braumiller- Unlucky on just missing out on promotion. Are you gonna give your son loads of matches? You could probably make him really good if he plays every game.

Amateur

Great season, Braumiller! It seems that Bridge will be the new Holland. Would you show a screenshot of him?

FC Oss Researcher

On a quite dull grey afternoon Lewes FC announced to their loyal fans that new comer Anthony Heath was going to be taking over the reigns at The Dripping Pan. With a promise of nurturing the talent already at the club the future of Lewes FC looks a bit better than the weather.

Manager Profile
    Club Info
    League Proof
    Best Player

Part-Timer

ri916 - not loads of matches, but he will always have a contract and get more games than someone else of his standard

Proto Tarkula - Absolutely. When I get on my PC in a little bit I'll grab one. He is labelled by the media as the next Darren Bent. With all the hoopla over my son appearing I neglected a few other pics

La Furia Roja - welcome and good luck!

Part-Timer

John Bridge (YP 11a)

Information
    Coach Report

Note, these screenshots are taken two weeks before the start of the next season, so John has been with me for 4 months. He ended up starting my last 5 or 6 games due to a spate of injuries and did fantastic (6 goals in 6 starts and 1 sub appearance, including both goals in our 3-2 loss in the play off final).
    When he came through the coaches had him down as Good Premier League player potential, but they have already upgraded that to Leading, which is awesome.
    What I really love about him though is his personality, Model Professional. If I can get in the Premier League and hold onto him long term, that is going to be invaluable for tutoring.
    He will be my starting FC this upcoming season, with my main guy last year going out wide into the AML slot of my 451 / 433.

Quick update on my son. He is being tutored currently and his determination has gone up from 8 to 12 and his personality has changed form Low Self Belief to Balanced. What a great FM father I am!

Part-Timer

ermm ok...........so although i still havent typed up the full update, its easy to guess i got my promotion.......

So, first game in the BSP, home to York, who have a media prediction of 1st against our media prediction of last...........so we only go and win......8 nil!!! Top of the league! Something tells me the only way is down..............

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Jambo98 View Post
    ermm ok...........so although i still havent typed up the full update, its easy to guess i got my promotion.......

So, first game in the BSP, home to York, who have a media prediction of 1st against our media prediction of last...........so we only go and win......8 nil!!! Top of the league! Something tells me the only way is down..............
    8-0! Welcome to the BSP

Congrats on promotion and I hope the BSP form continues!

Amateur

Guys,

Some bad news

I was relegated last night, so Hitchin Town is no longer

Might come back and start again at a later date

Part-Timer

Sorry to hear Padders

Reserves

Padders- Unlucky mate, was a great effort with hitchin though.

Braumiller- You'll probably only get a son once! Make the most of him

Part-Timer

Braumiller- You'll probably only get a son once! Make the most of him
    He just played his first full senior 90 minutes in the 1st Rnd League Cup game
    Non cup appearances will be sporadic though, going to be aiming for promotion in each game.

FC Oss Researcher

well my dream starts over! I was played 7 won 5 drawn 2. Now played 11 Won 5, Drawn 2 Lost 4. My players are just exhausted, I have a game every 3 days and they just can't keep up. Looks like a break in the fixtures is coming so hopefully that will help. Doesn't help that I don't have a reserve or youth side, they are all greyed out and none look good enough to make the first side.

FC Oss Researcher

2012-2013 – Lewes FC

Season Aim: Consolidation and survival – Achieved

An up and down season, unfortunately mostly down. After 9 games we were unbeaten and top by 4, but things went down quite quickly. My best keeper, who was rated as a decent BSP player would only take a non-contract role and got snapped up early on. I really did not have any back up keepers so had to make do, this was pretty much the turning point.

We played some good footy though, if I can hold some of the key players and use some of my intake to strengthen a bit I should be in good stead to start building. I was praying for a keeper in the intake and the football gods must have smiled!

YP01

Final Table

Transfers

Aim For Next Season: Pretty much the same as this one, not aiming too high but a little bit up the table would be nice.
    Last edited by La Furia Roja; 05-05-2012 at 04:08.

Reserves

La Furia Roja- Good first season there mate. It seems you suffered dips in form like I am (currently going 10 games without a win).

Amateur

I have really, REALLY neglected updating my progress in here! I must apologise, but I did get rather engrossed in my game.

3 years in the BSN, 2 in the BSP and 2 in L2 have me starting my 8th season expected to finish bottom of L1.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast