German U23 Teams

Just start in the Bundesliga with Borussia Monchengladbach and it's my first time managing in Germany. Have straight away become confused with the U23 team situation. During the save I've seen news messages about 'Gladbach II' then when I click on them it takes me to my U23 team, but that team has no fixtures. I've also seen staff mentioned who are staff of Gladbach II but don't appear in my staff screen.

I know some Bundesliga teams have a 'second/reserve' team in the lower leagues like in Spain but mine aren't and I'm not sure how it works.

I can move people to my U23 squad but why is it called U23 and not 'Gladbach II'? Does anyone have any experience of playing there and know how it works?

The reason it's called U23: only three players are allowed to be older than 23 on the field, the rest needs to be under 23.

Reserve teams (U23) in Bundesliga can only advance up to 3. League and this is also the lowest playable league in the game.

Since you aren't seeing any fixtures this means that Gladbach's U23 is playing in a non-playable league. In this case you might as well sell/forget about your U23 team. Promotion into 3. League is calculated by reputation only so it's nothing you could influence in any way.

I got FMRTE for the sole reason to edit the U23's reputation on the day the relegations/promotions are calculated. Sadly, FMRTE crashes when trying to edit this :(

There are editor files available for activating the lower German divisions (Regionalliga), where most reserve teams play. This will give your reserves proper fixtures and make them work as they should. It makes managing in the Bundesliga a lot more fun! I was given a link to one in a thread a while back, but that file has apparently been removed now. However, here is a thread with a link to another one that should work (udated version at end of the thread). It's apparently fairly easy to set it up yourself in the editor as well, though I don't know how it's done.

Not sure why the Regionalliga isn't available by default, but I guess it might have to do with some of those pesky license issues.

Oh, and once you have the file you'll need to start a new game and select Regionalliga when setting up your active leagues.

• 3 weeks later...
Promotion into 3. League is calculated by reputation only so it's nothing you could influence in any way.

I got FMRTE for the sole reason to edit the U23's reputation on the day the relegations/promotions are calculated. Sadly, FMRTE crashes when trying to edit this :(

I'm quoting myself since i'm not sure this was actually correct what i wrote.

FMRTE now allows to edit the reserve's reputation again so i did that two days before promotions are calculated (June 19th). I set the reputation to 9900.

I reloaded several times but it never worked, instead other teams with reputation ~6500 got promoted.

Are there other factors that need to be met for promotion? Does it perhaps make a difference that i havent had any players in this team since several years?

The reason it's called U23: only three players are allowed to be older than 23 on the field, the rest needs to be under 23.

Reserve teams (U23) in Bundesliga can only advance up to 3. League and this is also the lowest playable league in the game.

Since you aren't seeing any fixtures this means that Gladbach's U23 is playing in a non-playable league. In this case you might as well sell/forget about your U23 team. Promotion into 3. League is calculated by reputation only so it's nothing you could influence in any way.

what i do i just edit the 3. League structure in the stock FM editor to include the team i want, in my case, Schalke II. then i start a new game and my reserve team now has fixtures ;)

Archived