academy

Just type academy into the FM search, they will come up. But its pointless searching for them as they no longer generate players.

Is this true? I thought they were just treated as clubs with good youth facilities but no competitions.

Nah they changed it with the xmas patch, before the academies were producing players and keeping them on youth contracts, so you could pick up world class regens for nothing from places like Clairefontaine. Now their players go straight into pro teams instead, the academies are just there for face if nothing else.

Nah they changed it with the xmas patch, before the academies were producing players and keeping them on youth contracts, so you could pick up world class regens for nothing from places like Clairefontaine. Now their players go straight into pro teams instead, the academies are just there for face if nothing else.

So do they have any effect on regen quality now?

I dont know exactly how they worked as the thread died off before my question was answered, but i think the academies still produce players, but these players are instantly given to pro clubs when they come into the game properly. So the academies will never carry a squad, but will still use the faclities to bring through youth. So Clairefontaine will still produce players of a high standard, you just will not see them in their squad list, they will instantly sign for one of the French teams when the youth players come through each year.

Wow I never new there was an academy exploit for quality newgens. LOL I could of used them in some of my saves.

I was recently checking the forums and found a post about FCB Juniors, it looks like that club still produces newgens but only on their youth team.

Archived