+ Reply to Thread

Thread: academy

Amateur

Default academy

does anyone know a list of all the academys in fm12

Amateur

anyone please i already know of INF and the ASPIRE acadamdy but there must be more

International Squad

Give people more than an hour to answer will you.

First Team Squad Member

Just type academy into the FM search, they will come up. But its pointless searching for them as they no longer generate players.

Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    Just type academy into the FM search, they will come up. But its pointless searching for them as they no longer generate players.
    Is this true? I thought they were just treated as clubs with good youth facilities but no competitions.

First Team Squad Member

Nah they changed it with the xmas patch, before the academies were producing players and keeping them on youth contracts, so you could pick up world class regens for nothing from places like Clairefontaine. Now their players go straight into pro teams instead, the academies are just there for face if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    Nah they changed it with the xmas patch, before the academies were producing players and keeping them on youth contracts, so you could pick up world class regens for nothing from places like Clairefontaine. Now their players go straight into pro teams instead, the academies are just there for face if nothing else.
    So do they have any effect on regen quality now?

First Team Squad Member

I dont know exactly how they worked as the thread died off before my question was answered, but i think the academies still produce players, but these players are instantly given to pro clubs when they come into the game properly. So the academies will never carry a squad, but will still use the faclities to bring through youth. So Clairefontaine will still produce players of a high standard, you just will not see them in their squad list, they will instantly sign for one of the French teams when the youth players come through each year.

Amateur

That's good news, since it was such an enormous exploit. People used to sign a handful of academy players every year, effectively assembling world class squad for next to nothing.

Amateur

Where is the academy located for every club, i know clubs have youth squad, youth facilities etc, but where is the youth academy located.

Amateur

Wow I never new there was an academy exploit for quality newgens. LOL I could of used them in some of my saves.

I was recently checking the forums and found a post about FCB Juniors, it looks like that club still produces newgens but only on their youth team.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by omaroo View Post
    Where is the academy located for every club, i know clubs have youth squad, youth facilities etc, but where is the youth academy located.
    You cannot search for teams youth academies, they only exists in the game by name.

+ Reply to Thread