General Help

I'm currently playing with Coventry City in the Championship. I started out using a 4-4-2, a 4-1-2-1-2, and a 4-4-1-1. At the beginning of the season, my team was on fire, especially with the 4-4-2. The 4-4-1-1 never really seemed to work to well so I swapped it out with a 4-1-2-2-1. Now, about 10 games into the season, my team is sucking eggs, and I'm at a complete loss of what to do. Everything was going fine until I met, in order, West Ham, Doncaster, Birmingham, and Blackpool, all of which I lost 1-2 except for a 0-0 draw with Blackpool. Since then, my team is at best uninspired. I'm not a tactical genius- but judging by the beginning of the season, the tactics I was using were working. Now I'm not winning anything, and I don't know if it's the tactics that aren't working or my team being a bunch of pathetic, overpaid, and apathetic bastards. I'd like to think the latter, since at the beginning of the season the tactics seemed to be doing ok. My forwards are individually awful, missing the easiest shots in the world and rarely getting a match rating above 7. My midfield on the whole is fairly inexperienced, except for my older captain who's doing OK, but not stellar. My defense is somewhat reliable except for the occasional flash of tremendous stupidity.

Simply put, I have yet again reached the point where a career starts to fall apart after a great start. It must be something I'm doing wrong, as most of the careers I try follow this general pattern: great start, then a minor hickup, then a few more wins before my forwards seem to be simply unable to score for the rest of the season, followed by the rest of the team's collapse into ruin. I have no way to tell what I'm doing wrong, and the game isn't too helpful in letting me find out.

Any ideas? This is sort of a rant at whoever will listen, but I really do want to enjoy this game, and any help would be appreciated. If more information is needed let me know.

Archived