MikeMagnum's Alternate MLS/North America 2.0 Level 8

MikeMagnum's Alternate MLS/North America 2.0 Level 8

PortlandTimbersvSeattleSoundersTVView-3.png

The new MLS season is here, and what better way to celebrate than to edit the entire structure from top to bottom, adding promotion/relegation system over an 8 level pyramid? That is what I have done here, there are 468 playable teams from US and Canada. The teams featured are current MLS, NASL, USL-PRO, and other smaller PDL teams, Made-up teams, etc. etc. I have added a full Reserve/Youth structure for ALL teams. Leagues run in the traditional Summer time as any American league. Money Prizes has been added to increase the stature of players that are brought in the league over time.

MajorLeagueSoccerOverview_Stages.png

League Structure

Level 1: MLS

features all current teams, plus NY Cosmos

Level 2: NASL

Level 3: USL-PRO

Level 4: USL-PRO East, USL-PRO West

Level 5: All American Premier League, Gold Coast Premier, Colonial Premier, Atlantic Coast Premier

Level 6: AA2, GC2, Co2, AC2

Level 7: AA Amateur, GC Amateur, Co Amateur, AC Amateur

Level 8: Southland, Gateway, Northwest, South Pacific Coast, New England, Appalachian, Florida Coast, St. Lawrence

The structure is built on the premise that any team can work its way up to MLS, although with the difficult Relegation Play-off featuring only 1 team possibly dropping from MLS, its very difficult to knock a MLS team out of MLS. The NASL is just as difficult to get into, while the rest of the pyramid has a more traditional Promotion/Relagation system that feature more than 1 team going up and down.

The Cups

Introducing...The North American Open Cup

This cup features all 468 teams complete with qualification rounds, qualification group stages, a traditional FA Cup.

The next big thing...The World Football Challenge

16 Champion teams from France, England, Spain, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Germany, and US compete in july for Money, and championship glory in big US stadiums.

State Cups/Province Cups

Almost every state/province has a cup. Win your state/province cup and you'll qualify for....

US Open Cup/Canadian Open Cup

designed to allow lower level teams to compete for their nations cup, only reserve squads from top teams are allowed to be entered.

Rivalry Cups

They are back! One off cups between hated rivals to start the season, and some in the mid season. RedBulls/Cosmos, FC Dallas/Houston, RSL/Colorado, LA Galaxy/Chivas USA, Portland/Vancouver/Seattle, They are all here, and money and bragging rights are up for grabs!

Lower League Cups

USL Cup

All-american Cup, Gold Coast Cup, Colonial Cup, Atlantic Coast Cup

Amateur Cup

Youth Cups

Dallas Cup - features all MLS academy squads in July tournament that takes place in FC Dallas Stadium

Generation Adidas U18 cup - Academy teams down to level 6 compete in a FA cup style tournament

THE DETAIL

Every team has jerseys, stadiums(real stadiums). Accurate opening day rosters for MLS teams. I've spent countless hours googling, wikipediang to make this the deepest league, most detailed structure available for this alternate US structure. If you played my version last year, you should know I have made more 3X the amount of changes compared to version 1.0. I have tested, and tested, and tested, and there should be no problems at all. I really designed this for LLM play in mind, with a focus of full team management. Your reserve and youth squads have their own promotion/relagation concerns, as well as cups to play for. I hope you enjoy digging into this, and thanks for playing.

*like last years file, most teams have logos available out there, let me know if you need help finding them.

Download here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kr8cb4a3wwb6d32

Start game with add players and key staff boxes ticked

Recommended Logo Pack

http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/24480-metallic-logos-megapack/

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question before I get too deep into this: Is there a league level where your team will automatically change to Professional should you start in an Amateur/Semi-Pro level league? For instance when a team progresses from BSP to League 2 they automatically change to Pro. Also, are their minimum stadium sizes for any leagues? Thanks!

They way i set it up is as follows. MLS through USL East/West are considered Professional (levels 1-4). Levels 5-6 are Semi-Professional teams. Levels 7-8 are Amateur. Now I'm not exactly sure how the game will alter those teams after a 10 year span because its not something i really looked at, but something I can assume is that with the english league system there is a hardcoded feature that would turn your team to professional when you enter the football league. Here, it will be based purely, and organically on yearly income and league level...now what that is exactly is a play-in-see scenario on when YOUR level 5-8 team will finally turn professional. I'm currently half-way through a year with a level 8 team, and i'll be trying to get them into MLS, so maybe i'll be able to answer this question better at a later date. glad you guys are trying it, and hope you like it.

Unfortunately I will not be looking at releasing at FM 2011 version. Its just too much work to be honest. Putting this together took hours I'd never admit too! Updating rosters for the 2011 file, which I still have on here for download, wouldn't be too much of work. i'd say maybe a weekend for someone who knows what they are doing, and where to look, if anyone wants the job, go for it. But to get the different structures I've added, and everything else i've changed...oh boy, lot of work you don't want to be doing lol. buy fm 12 though, its a good game, the changes are worth it, even if you don't play my file.

Oh, quick question to anyone who's tried this. Does the MLS run with the current MLS rules or does it behave like a normal league? I know in FM 11 there were issues with trying to create a custom league with the MLS league that is in the database.

Unfortunately I will not be looking at releasing at FM 2011 version. Its just too much work to be honest. Putting this together took hours I'd never admit too! Updating rosters for the 2011 file, which I still have on here for download, wouldn't be too much of work. i'd say maybe a weekend for someone who knows what they are doing, and where to look, if anyone wants the job, go for it. But to get the different structures I've added, and everything else i've changed...oh boy, lot of work you don't want to be doing lol. buy fm 12 though, its a good game, the changes are worth it, even if you don't play my file.

Mikemagnum4311....just to clarify, is your file for FM 2012 or FM 2011???

If for FM 2012, does it work with the latest update (12.2.1)?

Just fired up a save with the Cosmos. I have about 16 nations/32 leagues loaded.

The Cosmos squad was lacking in talent so I immediately brought in a slew of players.

Americans: Bornstein 400K, Findley 625K, Parkhurst 1.5M, Davies 1.7M, Lichaj 2.3M, Yelldell 2M, Edu 2M, Gatt 3.1 M

Foreigners: Leandro 14M, Xabi Castillo 1.7M, Kara 3.8M, Yttergard Jennssen 3.8M

My transfer budget is about exhausted so I'll need to fill in the edges with some bargains. Looking forward to a long save with the fine work you've done.

Thanks!

easy task, but might be confusing a bit. Easy to add the team, may be difficult depending on where you end up placing them, and then making sure their reserves/youths fit in the corresponding leagues, as well as setting them up in the correct state cup. If you do add them, I'd recommend replacing another team from Oklahoma and just swap them out in the state cup of oklahoma. If thats too much, let me know where in the system you want them, any specifics about the team you want in there, and I'll add them, and upload a seperate file for you.

Have been playing for a few days now, this is a great set up. Appreciate the work Mikemagnum.

I do have a question with regards to logos/unique ids.

I downloaded a logo and competition pack from the North america site and it the logos work quite well, less the competition ones. So I used the editor to find the unique ids for the the teams that were missing logos (the bigger teams, like Cosmos, Philly Union, Sporting KC). I went to the logo files and could see that the PNG had the matching number to the team's unique id in the database, but they still do not show up in the game (yes I did hit reload skin in preferences). I changed the PNG number for the NASL logo (that was previously not working) and after using the unique id number from the database the logo appeared. So in one case it worked, in another it did not (i tried more logo changes but they were unsuccessful)

so my question is, does the unique id and the PNG number need to match or is there something else that needs to be done?

I have placed them in the right spot, but does it matter what sub-folders the logos go in? for example: username/Sports Interactive/FM 12/graphics/logos/clubs does it matter if the logo goes in an MSL folder or USA folder, etc.? Same for competition ones?

Any help would be appreciated.

Swell - I'll look into it.

Chad - You are correct in assuming that the unique ID and PNG number have to match. Also make sure your config file has the new numbers substituted as well. If all those numbers match, in theory it should work. If it does not work on first try exit steam altogether and then reload FM. Really needs to be a simpler system to just drag in drop in a logo within the editor...how easy would that be? too easy. GL and glad your enjoying the file.

Mike is there any way to prevent teams to harassing our players on amateur contracts? I'm literally having to sign players to 'new' amateur contracts every week, and I lost a couple players because I couldn't offer a new contract on transfer deadline day.

Literally, the same teams are offering contracts even after I sign my players to new ones.

I'm assuming your starting off in level 7 or lower? I too had this problem some what, but only because the players who were having this happened probably should have never signed with my lowly squad of misfits lol. I believe, the team I had game 1 looked nothing like the team that i finished the season with, the new system had to catch up so to speak, so all usl teams etc. just plundered my team at will all season. I wasn't too upset, because it seemed realestic. season 2 is much more balanced, my team is semi-pro and teams now would have to pay a transfer fee to steal my players.

Level 8 with (somewhat local) Markham Marauders. I'm trying a youth only challenge so I kinda need everyone here to survive the first few seasons before I'm semi-pro (also trying to be realistic because I don't think someone playing for a club team in Alabama would be willing to sign with a team in Markham, Ontario. It's only realistic to be local)! A lot of the teams attempting to poach my players don't have many players so hopefully once they have a group to work with they will try to poach my players less.

I managed to figure it out that on transfer deadline day, just offer all your players amateur contracts and your players should reject the other clubs unless the other team actually offered a wage.

just the logo pack you downloaded there should be a config file, open it with notepad or whatever and manually change the numbers from the old to whatever you changed them too

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/249687-Mike-Magnum-s-Restructured-MLS-North-America?highlight=mikemagnum

in last years file thread, i added some basic help in the FAQ section on how to change the logos around

Anyone getting this error? When I go to Competitions > North America nothing shows up. But when i go to competitions > World, MLS shows up on that list but the N/A OPEN cup, MLS and the "National Regional Leagues Division 2" all have 4 stars next to them. Where did National Regional Leagues Division 2 from USA come from? I'm 4 years into my saved not loading any other extra DB files.

Great stuff, I'm enjoying playing as my local Grand Rapids Alliance in the 5th tier. The only issue I seem to have is the large number of penalties being awarded. I've already had 6 awarded for my in 8 league games, and I played a cup match earlier wih 5 PKs.

Anyone getting this error? When I go to Competitions > North America nothing shows up. But when i go to competitions > World, MLS shows up on that list but the N/A OPEN cup, MLS and the "National Regional Leagues Division 2" all have 4 stars next to them. Where did National Regional Leagues Division 2 from USA come from? I'm 4 years into my saved not loading any other extra DB files.

I reported this bug in FM 2011 and was told they couldn't replicate it. The same thing is happening for my US league file. I'm pretty sure this happens because the original MLS competition isn't the top american division, but I don't have the code so I can't know for sure.

Great stuff, I'm enjoying playing as my local Grand Rapids Alliance in the 5th tier. The only issue I seem to have is the large number of penalties being awarded. I've already had 6 awarded for my in 8 league games, and I played a cup match earlier wih 5 PKs.

Also, the Grand Rapids Alliance played at Memorial Field in East Grand Rapids, not Cornerstone Stadium.

Archived