My supa striker!!

He's not that good, he's got no creativity. :p But seriously, his goalscoring record is immense - averaging a goal a game throughout his entire career, and still only 24. :)

You are totally wrong. The guy never makes a wrong decision and never misses a shot. Who cares if his creativity is low, if you play him as a poacher then the only thing he needs to know how to do is put the ball in the net, which doesn't require a ton of creativity. I mean do you want the guy to get cute in front of net or put the ball in the net?

My best goal scorers have always looked like this guy, although usually 20 for dribbling and lower stamina.

• SI Staff
You are totally wrong. The guy never makes a wrong decision and never misses a shot. Who cares if his creativity is low, if you play him as a poacher then the only thing he needs to know how to do is put the ball in the net, which doesn't require a ton of creativity. I mean do you want the guy to get cute in front of net or put the ball in the net?

My best goal scorers have always looked like this guy, although usually 20 for dribbling and lower stamina.

You do realise I was joking, right? :)

I had this guy on loan at Forest Green for a while but couldn't afford his transfer fee. He's now worth £34m at Barcelona. Big mistake.

img0915.png

Shot at 2012-03-12

img0916.png

Shot at 2012-03-12

I also had this guy on loan and again couldn't afford the fee for a permanent deal. Another big mistake.

img0917.png

Shot at 2012-03-12

What formations and tactics are you guys using to get that many goals out of a player?

I have and have had strikers with quite similar stats as the players above but in my 2012 game I have not had a player score more than 29 goals (in about 45 games) in a season.

What formations and tactics are you guys using to get that many goals out of a player?

I have and have had strikers with quite similar stats as the players above but in my 2012 game I have not had a player score more than 29 goals (in about 45 games) in a season.

I have a good formation that I used to get a guy get 50 goals in 50 games playing in only the EPL and UEFA Champs leagues. His attributes were exactly like Florent Chevalier above.

4-2-3-1

-FB - LD - LD - FB-

------------------------

------BWM-BWM----- (set the guys as midfielders not defensive midfielders)

-IF-------AP-------IF-

-----------P-----------

Attacking

Mixed

Committed

everything set to no

• Administrators

All these players are wimps, no aggression at all ;)

Seriously though, they all look great :thup:

I've found that the combination of decent stats can easily make a player world class! For a striker you really need shooting/head (one or the other is really fine if youre not a league topper), creativity, technique and either pace or strength. movement helps, but not absolutely necessary i think.

Good lord i just noticed one of these players scored 100 goals...

I had not seen that myself but by god you are right! 106 goals in 64 games is outrageous.

The two players i listed were not in my side at the time. Although I have since bought one of them and he plays average. It seems that they always play ridiculous for other teams, but average when it comes to playing in mine.

Saying that, it might just be that i haven't found the right formation yet. I play quite a flat 4-4-2. Maybe a more Barca like layout would help?

• 7 months later...

Archived