Come on you now have to include the Cyprus league

There would probably be a lot of people wanting to play with them if they were in the game now, but if they get knocked out in the qualifiers next year, or don't even make it at all, everyone will forget about them. And as tomtuck said, they may be in the last 8 of the Champions League but they are not amongst the best 8 teams in the Europe!

There would probably be a lot of people wanting to play with them if they were in the game now, but if they get knocked out in the qualifiers next year, or don't even make it at all, everyone will forget about them. And as tomtuck said, they may be in the last 8 of the Champions League but they are not amongst the best 8 teams in the Europe!

While they are unlikely to pull this off next year, for now, they're in the last 8 of Europes top cup competition. For this season, they are in the best 8 teams in Europe. Suck it up.

I think you've got the wrong end of what I was saying. I'm not knocking their performance, and it's good to see a team other than the usual suspects in the latter stages. But being in the last 8 unfortunately doesn't make them one of the best 8 teams in Europe. In the same way that Spurs may have been in the last 8 last season, but they weren't one of the best 8 teams in the whole of Europe. And I'm a Spurs fan.

tbf, if SI deem the Icelandic league worthy (and I'm not knocking Icelandic football), then surely Cyprus is worthy considering in the last 4 years there have been Cypriot teams in the CL 3 times, and also 1 in the Europa league this year.

I know it's not a 'gamebreaker' league to leave out, but after the success, surely there will be some who want to replicate it with APOEL.

Dear FM

After the success of Apoel I really do think its time to research and include the Cyprus leagues! One of the best 8 teams in the world plays for this league

This is akin to saying Cardiff are the 2nd best team in England because they reached the League Cup Final! :)

Then he'd still be wrong.

This season they are one of the best 8 teams in Europe, because they've made it to the quarter-finals of Europes top competition. I don't think he meant current top 8 on co-efficients, otherwise he'd be wrong.

ive been thinking this for years, famagusta a few years ago had a good run in the champs league then the europa league when termuri ketsbia or however u spell his name managed them. plus after the national side thrashed ireland 5-2 yet still no recognition. its about time SI realised this is something the fans really wanna see. i mean some of the leagues that are playable ahead of the cypriot league are laughable, and i shall not name them as that will create a whole new topic of conversation.

SO CUMON SI PULL YOUR FINGERS OUT AND GET THIS MADE FOR FM13 ITS ABOUT TIME WE HAD SOME FRESH BLOOD THROWN INTO THE GAME

They should be in considering leagues like Hong Kong, Singapore and Belarus are in. I bet a lot of Greeks would play as Greek Cypriot teams, not just people living in Cyprus. It would be an interesting FM challenge to take APOEL to the latter stages of the Champions League for sure.

No matter the reasoning,it's not about what standing the teams/leagues has,is it? It's more about having the required scouting and also a big part of the rights,right?

You can get it through the editor anyway. Just do some search.

yeah apos, however the players are there for their respected teams all sigames have to do is implement the league structure (we dont have the most sensible league, but god damn its exciting)

Or they can just hire HERSHIE and he can do it fulltime, which i am also in favour of lol.

As for Hong Kong and various leagues they are mainly in the game for marketing purposes increase sales or to sell in countries the game already sells well in.

I do agree with niebiescy about greeks in greece would find it appealing too

Being 8th best team and being in the quarters of the champs league are two very very different things, APOEL have had a fantastic ride, but to say they are the 8th best team is madness.

Scotland were the best team in the world in 1967, you should know that we need these silly ways of ordering teams otherwise we lose our claim to have been World Champions that year. ;)

stop trying to have an arguement with the guy. i was thinking exactly the same thing last night and there are many leagues that are less deserving (estonia/Latvia) i dont blame si for not including it yet but now i think they have to.

on a side note, was watching the game last night until it went to pens and then i fell asleep! missed the pens but i assume APOEL won yay!

Being 8th best team and being in the quarters of the champs league are two very very different things, APOEL have had a fantastic ride, but to say they are the 8th best team is madness.

Come on guys I was only expressing my joy about my team's qualification....don't take everything word for word.

One of the vagaries of the format of the Champions League is that APOEL have won and drawn as many games as they did in the 09/10 Champions League (Qualifying and Main Competition) where they finished rock bottom of their group.

They can't add too many leagues otherwise the download file will be too large.

The size of the game is not an issue for people nowadays. My FM2012 folder is 2,5gb, while other new games usually take up 10+ gigabytes.

First of all...Spurs were one of the top 8 best teams in Europe the year they got to the quarters in the champs league....obviously football isn't your favourite sport mije. Man utd, real madrid, barca, bayern munich, and a debatable arsenal and chelsea ahead of them!

Secondly...Me and my cousin Mike (Mihalis), who has already commented on this thread have offered our services to be head scouts in Cyprus so we can include them in FM. But quite frankly, this is boarder line racism considering us greeks have been ignored even though since like 2006 we have been asking for an official cypriot league!

. But quite frankly, this is boarder line racism considering us greeks have been ignored even though since like 2006 we have been asking for an official cypriot league!

That is utterly ridiculous. A dictionary definition would show you that it is nowhere near racism. Actually experiencing racism would make you realise how laughable that claim is.

For starters, the Greek league is in FM.

um...no, its like if cardiff were to finish 2nd in the SPL they would be the 2nd best team in england...

I'm not sure if that mistake is deliberate or not...

well maybe racism is abit of a harsh word to use...prejudice seems more appropriate for this situation!

^--this pretty much. Let's not excaggerate.

I'm greek myself and I really don't mind. Not that I wouldn't want it. I want it as much as making other leagues accurate and valiable as well,because right now,only the big ones are actually viable in the long term. Ever tried doing LLM in sweden,iceland, F.Islands (with a custom database,since it's not possible on the default) or an asiatic league? I find those much more challenging than playing on the big sides where money is anything but a problem.

To summarize, let's not go overboard with words. The cypriot league suffers as much as many more and it's not anymore special,even if it had the best team in the world.

The cypriot has sufferred more than others as its been blatantly ignored by SI.

Why have the turkish league included when they have half our country, by rights if they r in FM so should Cyprus... Its just ignoring the calls of the public which has happened alot lately.

The DB can handle the size of another 4/5 leagues i mean look at crappy SIMs. its like 10g of space. FM is minisclue in comparison.

I think its just a case of SI not being bothered in putting in extra leg work to fans such as myself who have been playing the game since that weird white haired man pointing at the me thru screen in the old championship manager series... including CM italia.

All sigames really need to do is get in touch with the god himself HERSHIE and he can do the leg work for them.

p.s... YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Just like I said cuz...prejudice! What ever happen to meeting the needs of the ones who pay your wages...the ones who stand by this game through thick and thin? I guess good customer service is hard to come by these days!

Maybe if we just got some real answers as to why a cypriot league hasn't been added yet, we might not be as upset!

just like i said cuz...prejudice! What ever happen to meeting the needs of the ones who pay your wages...the ones who stand by this game through thick and thin? I guess good customer service is hard to come by these days!

Maybe if we just got some real answers as to why a cypriot league hasn't been added yet, we might not be as upset!

here here!!!

I mean its bad enough we dont get any decent cypriot new-gens, let alone deprive us of our own league, which i'm sure is part of the FIFA federation and therefore technically should be part of the game seeing as FM is one of the most realistic football managing games ever played!

I mean its bad enough we dont get any decent cypriot new-gens, let alone deprive us of our own league, which i'm sure is part of the FIFA federation and therefore technically should be part of the game seeing as FM is one of the most realistic football managing games ever played!

here here!!!

who said anything about a greek league??? this thread is about a cypriot league!

You did. "This is racism considering us Greeks have been ignored..." It isn't racism if there is a Greek league in the game (even before you get onto issues about whether it could remotely be considered racist to not include a league- it couldn't. It is scraping it to call it prejudice).

So basically you want every league that is part of te FIFA Federation to be in game?

well let me educate u a little mr moderator...cypriots describe themselves as being 'greek' as it just saves time saying 'greek cypriot' all the time, which is not a false representation of our race, as we are greek, but from cyprus, making us greek cypriot. So instead of avoiding the issue with your minor technicalities, how about u address the issue that the entire cypriot community have raised?

well let me educate u a little mr moderator...cypriots describe themselves as being 'greek' as it just saves time saying 'greek cypriot' all the time, which is not a false representation of our race, as we are greek, but from cyprus, making us greek cypriot. So instead of avoiding the issue with your minor technicalities, how about u address the issue that the entire cypriot community have raised?

here here!!!

Archived