+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: *Official* 12.2.2 Update Feedback Thread - Keep it all in here please

Amateur

I'm shocked there are no changes to the ME. I think it's widely recognised that the defending on this game is worse than atrocious. Even when I win leagues or get promoted I'm still unhappy with the level of defending and the way the opposition score goals.

Sports Interactive Stuart Warren's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    How come I can't get to the short list or player search after the patch? Is it my skin, or another issue?
    We'd need a bit more information to help you there - could you post a thread in the user interface bugs forum please, and you'll find assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by dolph11 View Post
    I'm shocked there are no changes to the ME. I think it's widely recognised that the defending on this game is worse than atrocious. Even when I win leagues or get promoted I'm still unhappy with the level of defending and the way the opposition score goals.
    There were never going to be, been mentioned numerous times already, they are working on the new ME

Amateur

terrible patch

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Froog11 View Post
    terrible patch
    Why's that then ??

steven naismith at rangers is injured for the season but not in the game. how hard can it be to get that right?
    EDIT Also mat Mckay has moved too some south korean team. nice work on the half done job this year SI. i've had the feeling yous hav not been too botherd this year from the day the game was released.
    Naismith's injury took place after the season had started so is not included. McKay's transfer was concluded on the 22nd of Feb so was too late for the data update.

Amateur

The current game day/month isn't listed in the mini calendar top left of screen using the default skins no more. Bug or intentional for some daft reason?

Amateur

if they botherd to properly update transfers and fix a match engine where any of your players had at least a 1% chance of scoring from a cross then it would be great.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Farley View Post
    That should be sorted, yes
    Does this also count for Villa??

Quote Originally Posted by Errol Grootjen View Post
    Nice update, but still no fix for players who are all the time tired after playing matches:-(, my players are always tired after playing a match, every month I have to send more as 4 players on holiday because they need a long rest, if I don't give them rest, they got injured for many months, nothing wrong with the trainingfacilities (medium) and I have 4.5 star coach on condition
    I'd suggest rotating more, having the training levels lower than you are and perhaps resting players who get tired often for a day or two after match days. This certainly helped in my game.

Semi Pro

if they botherd to properly update transfers and fix a match engine where any of your players had at least a 1% chance of scoring from a cross then it would be great.
    This x 1000

Please keep your feedback constructive and I've replied in regards to your data concerns.

Amateur

Steam is not updating the patch for me. I cannot see anything right now, anyone having the same issue?

Amateur

so asking for a better match engine is not constructive? and btw i pay full price for the game so i think i am allowed to vent my disapointment on the patch if i like. this is the thread to do it. or would u rather i opened up a new thread on the matter?

Part-Timer

Although your posts make you look like a massive moron you do have a point with crossing. I really hope FM13 sorts this out as it's pointless trying to cross the ball as things stand, you just never score from them.

Quote Originally Posted by AceLfc4life View Post
    Steam is not updating the patch for me. I cannot see anything right now, anyone having the same issue?
    Try launching the game and see if it begins to update.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Warren View Post
    This has been improved, yep.
    Great! Thanks!

Amateur

Rangers financial status is still listed as secure????

so asking for a better match engine is not constructive? and btw i pay full price for the game so i think i am allowed to vent my disapointment on the patch if i like. this is the thread to do it. or would u rather i opened up a new thread on the matter?
    No, asking for a better match engine isn't particularly constructive. Saying you'd like a better match engine because you feel the crossing isn't realistic is constructive. We've said for a long time that there were to be minimal match engine changes for this version, but yeah, we appreciate stating what they think is wrong with the match engine and other areas so we can look into it. Cheers.

Amateur

Feedback does need to be constructive guys. I have to say though, the ME is very poor and I'm very disappointed in no improvements. It's a forum, you have to accept criticism as well as praise.

Amateur

When I click on the FM logo it tells me that Steam is too busy to deal with my request?

Part-Timer

Has 'The Ox' Chamberlain been improved at all?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DanR8 View Post
    When I click on the FM logo it tells me that Steam is too busy to deal with my request?
    In your steam games library right click on Football Manager 2012 > Properties > View Integrity of Game Cache.

It's likely some file/s haven't downloaded properly.

Lurker

The update 12.2.0 creates a major problem. In the Greek superleague, automatically transforms a lot of european player to foreigners!

Any suggestions?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    No, asking for a better match engine isn't particularly constructive. Saying you'd like a better match engine because you feel the crossing isn't realistic is constructive. We've said for a long time that there were to be minimal match engine changes for this version, but yeah, we appreciate stating what they think is wrong with the match engine and other areas so we can look into it. Cheers.
    thats a contradiction. it cant always be good praise. and surely i am not the only one who's disappointed with the "minimal math engine changes".

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by dolph11 View Post
    Feedback does need to be constructive guys. I have to say though, the ME is very poor and I'm very disappointed in no improvements. It's a forum, you have to accept criticism as well as praise.
    But like been said many many time today and in past there was never going to be any major M.E changes for fm12 so they can spend time on a new M.E for fm13 so you should of expected this should't you or anyone else ??

Amateur

I'm getting three windows pop up. Two are saying FM isn't supported on my Mac (the one I've been playing it on, latest Mac Mini) and a steam popup behind all that saying the game is unavailable. Are all three related? Tried verifying, all seems fine. Tried offline, restarted, blah. No joy.

Quote Originally Posted by morsalex View Post
    The update 12.2.0 creates a major problem. In the Greek superleague, automatically transforms a lot of european player to foreigners!

Any suggestions?
    What nations are these players from that are now showing up as 'Fgn' when they weren't before?

Third Team

thats a contradiction. it cant always be good praise. and surely i am not the only one who's disappointed with the "minimal math engine changes".
    But your missing the whole point of it frogg this as been plan from day 1 there was never going to be any major M.E Changes for fm12 so although your disappointed which is fairenough you should't of really expected any different

Amateur

I have a (big) problem with the new editor: now, with the update, I can't use it because the green image that SI chose as background. I can't read the written words of the menu! I'm the only one with this problem?

ps: I'm using a Mac...

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by morsalex View Post

Any suggestions?
    There appears to be a few problems with EU national status borking on the updated db, I've already reported the problem with Romania & Bulgaria.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by wally13 View Post
    But your missing the whole point of it frogg this as been plan from day 1 there was never going to be any major M.E Changes for fm12 so although your disappointed which is fairenough you should't of really expected any different
    i've not been on this forum so much this year though and never knew this. just hope theres big changes for fm13.

Amateur

So non-Russian players now cannot get citizenship after 7 years in the country? This screws my entire team and save LOL. Now anyone not Russian counts as foreign, no longer can they acquire it. Even people who already acquired it.

Third Team

i've not been on this forum so much this year though and never knew this. just hope theres big changes for fm13.
    Well there working on a new M.E so im guessing its going to be better and more advanced

Amateur

Launched the game. But still not updating anything, Im on the home screen of FM2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake44444 View Post
    So non-Russian players now cannot get citizenship after 7 years in the country? This screws my entire team and save LOL. Now anyone not Russian counts as foreign, no longer can they acquire it. Even people who already acquired it.
    To be honest a rule change like this I'd doubt would come into effect in an already started save. Is this happening for you, or do you mean from a new game?

Quote Originally Posted by AceLfc4life View Post
    Launched the game. But still not updating anything, Im on the home screen of FM2012.
    Okay quit the game, close down Steam and re-launch Steam. Then try verifying the game cache as shown here - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7184719

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

Amateur

Never mind. it was done and yet i never noticed! Thanks mate.

Amateur

To be honest a rule change like this I'd doubt would come into effect in an already started save. Is this happening for you, or do you mean from a new game?
    No, it came in mid save. It also changed the transfer windows mid save from Jan 25th to Jan 1st which is good.

But players I had who had acquired Russian nationality now don't count as Russians anymore. And players who were close to getting Russian citizenship don't get it anymore. It stops counting it.

Was this after the first season? I don't know the in's and outs myself, but it could be related to the league changing to fit into the normal 'European' calender. There may have been a rule change as well - I'll have to check with our rule groups guy. Thanks for letting us know.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by brawler View Post
    Rangers financial status is still listed as secure????
    no insecure/ bankrupt and in receivership

Amateur

everything seems decent, still a fair few underated players in the Blue Square Premier, but i know that wasnt to be altered anyway

Oh and Ryan Rowe of kidderminster is 23 not 26, apart from that it seems a pretty decent update, nice one

Amateur

I didn't think sorting the defending would be a major change. Never mind, just gonna have to wait for FM13. Really disappointed with the purchase of FM12.

Amateur

Was this after the first season? I don't know the in's and outs myself, but it could be related to the league changing to fit into the normal 'European' calender. There may have been a rule change as well - I'll have to check with our rule groups guy. Thanks for letting us know.
    It just happened after I updated today.... 2015 October in the game. I think this might be a new rule actually the league is putting in place, so I don't think its a mistake. Just weird for it to happen I guess overnight.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEFC View Post
    The current game day/month isn't listed in the mini calendar top left of screen using the default skins no more. Bug or intentional for some daft reason?
    anyone know why this has gone?

Amateur

The update still hasn't started for me

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by cragswfc View Post
    no insecure/ bankrupt and in receivership
    Click on rangers then view club still shows as secure

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mpiunti View Post
    I have a (big) problem with the new editor: now, with the update, I can't use it because the green image that SI chose as background. I can't read the written words of the menu! I'm the only one with this problem?

ps: I'm using a Mac...
    I'm the only one with this problem? Can anyone try to open the new editor and see if you have this kind of problem? Thanks

Third Team

Click on rangers then view club still shows as secure
    Not for me, they show as bankrupt on a new start.

Stupid question but it has to be asked, have you actually started a new game & selected the 12.2.0 database?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by JoeR247 View Post
    anyone know why this has gone?
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidEFC View Post
    I'm having this issue with the Base2012 skins, but is ok on the default skins.

Has changing the attribute colours been fixed so they stay when you shut the game down and start again?

Amateur

anyone elses editor completely unreadable and unuseable?

Quote Originally Posted by mpiunti View Post
    I'm the only one with this problem? Can anyone try to open the new editor and see if you have this kind of problem? Thanks
    Can you try uninstalling the editor and removing the 'Sports Interactive' folders from the following locations before re-installing and having another go please:

User > Library > Caches

&

User > Library > Preferences

Thanks

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Barside View Post
    Not for me, they show as bankrupt on a new start.

Stupid question but it has to be asked, have you actually started a new game & selected the 12.2.0 database?
    Yes, balotelli is listed as available for loan and is in the reserves??

In regards to the 'can't see dates in corner' issue, can you try re-verifying cache? - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7184719

In regards to the 'green editor' issue, can you try (if you're on a Mac) what Ant suggests above.

If you're on PC, can you try deleting the cache as shown here? - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7218941

Let me know how you get on, thanks/

Yes, balotelli is listed as available for loan and is in the reserves??
    You sure you've not added edited data?

Amateur

why is the anzhi chairman a underwriter sugardaddy now not a foreground

Amateur

I go to start up fm, it installs the new patch then says "the steam servers are too busy to handle your request for football manager 2012. error code 53" then it wont let me start the game. Any ideas?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by oggie26 View Post
    Has HD friendly skin been added to this patch ?
    Just had a look and nothing Really unimpressed that this issue has not be dealt with, anybody with large monitor/lcd tv is struggling playing this game and nothing has been done about it. Putting effort into making skins for iphone games and ipad game but no effort into pc HD version

Quote Originally Posted by LinfieldFC-Dave View Post
    I go to start up fm, it installs the new patch then says "the steam servers are too busy to handle your request for football manager 2012. error code 53" then it wont let me start the game. Any ideas?
    Read this - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7228260

Amateur

Definitely not neil, just clicked on 12.2.0 update, editor data box unticked

Part-Timer

After the patch is installed, should it appear on Preferences Football Manager 2012 Version 12.2?

Amateur

Gotta love this game - Stuart Pearce was announced as new England manager and first course of business was to appoint JOHN TERRY lol as Captain. Brilliant

Just had a look and nothing Really unimpressed that this issue has not be dealt with, anybody with large monitor/lcd tv is struggling playing this game and nothing has been done about it. Putting effort into making skins for iphone games and ipad game but no effort into pc HD version
    A completely different team work on FMH than to FM so it's completely different resources. It's quite a complicated thing to put in, for every single screen work would have to be done and there was no way we had time to do it for this update I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by TioPatinhax View Post
    After the patch is installed, should it appear on Preferences Football Manager 2012 Version 12.2?
    Yes that's correct.

Third Team

I'm using a 32" 1080p TV & all is fine for me, has been since day 1.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tez01979 View Post
    Gotta love this game - Stuart Pearce was announced as new England manager and first course of business was to appoint JOHN TERRY lol as Captain. Brilliant
    I've changed this in editor to parker

Third Team

Just checked & the lad is correct on Balotelli, he's in the reserves & listed as available for loan.

Rangers are listed as Bankrupt & in receivership so that's fine.

Amateur

is this a bug? when i'm Rangers i can still go into transfer centre and reject offer for players.
    Last edited by Froog11; 07-03-2012 at 20:50. Reason: grammar

Part-Timer

Did the Asian Champions League qualifiers get updated?

Adelaide United in the qualifying round, Brisbane and Central Coast Mariners in the group stages?

Amateur

A completely different team work on FMH than to FM so it's completely different resources. It's quite a complicated thing to put in, for every single screen work would have to be done and there was no way we had time to do it for this update I'm afraid.
    Can you confirm if this is gonna be something you are gonna do for next update(if there is one) or for next version of FM ? Thanks for your response

Im using 40" and its bearable if I sit 2 feet away from the screen but as you can imagine its not a pleasant experience. I haver tried different skins but still no joy

Amateur

In regards to the 'can't see dates in corner' issue, can you try re-verifying cache? - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7184719

Let me know how you get on, thanks/
    I tried it with a skin called Base2012 Dark BG which let me use a custom darker background and verified my cache files but its still not showing. it shows when I use the FM 2012 Dark skin but I want to use this other skin as the default dark one isn't dark enough.

Is there some other way to change the background of the default dark one?

thanks

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by stevemc View Post
    Has 'The Ox' Chamberlain been improved at all?
    No, but Alex Oxlaide-Chamberlain has been.

Third Team

is this a bug? when i'm Rangers i can still go into transfer centre and reject offer for players.
    Not necessarily, if the receivers regard the offer as acceptable they should be accepting it automatically if the haven't done so then you should still be able to decline the bid.

Just had a game where the stats said that Ebbsfleet had 255 shots to my 15. Still, it ended 0-0.

Amateur

Just checked & the lad is correct on Balotelli, he's in the reserves & listed as available for loan.

Rangers are listed as Bankrupt & in receivership so that's fine.
    Yes if you look at rangers in the information bit it shows as bankrupt, however if you click on rangers and look at overview of the club/view club, on the left hand side of the screen it shows the finances as secure.

Third Team

Can you confirm if this is gonna be something you are gonna do for next update(if there is one) or for next version of FM ? Thanks for your response

Im using 40" and its bearable if I sit 2 feet away from the screen but as you can imagine its not a pleasant experience. I haver tried different skins but still no joy
    There's your problem, sit further away.

You're not supposed to sit that close to such a large screen.

I'm afraid there are no plans for any further updates for FM2012 at this stage. I can't really speak for any future version I'm afraid but from a personal perspective I'd like to see it in. Sadly I don't get to pick and choose what goes in the game!

Amateur

Mine still hadn't downloaded but I verified it's integrity and that kicked it into life. Going to abandon my current save to take Rangers back to the top - should be a challenge

Yes if you look at rangers in the information bit it shows as bankrupt, however if you click on rangers and look at overview of the club/view club, on the left hand side of the screen it shows the finances as secure.
    Is this in the 'Club Details' section? Shows as Insecure here - let me know, thanks.

Semi Pro

I'm happy for you, but i'm havin problems as are many others.

Third Team

Mine has them as insecure.

Semi Pro

Verify cache worked a treat.

Amateur

I'm running FM in windowed mode on my 47" TV and dont have any issues (except in the editor where its kinda hard to read how many 0's there are when changing stuff).

Admittidly i have my desktop resolution at 1440x900 but thats not a FM issue - thats just i find stuff impossible to read on the net if i go to a higher resolution (other games are fine in 1920x1080 though such as Skyrim).

Amateur

Hello.

There was an big issue in the turkish league. When you win the league the win doesn´t appear in the achivments screen. And you dont get a news about the league win, so you win for nothing because it doesnt count and can not be seen. And now I looked through the fix list for 12.2.0 and didnt see any fix for this issue. So now there is no idea of playing as a team in the turkish league. Why didnt you fix this SI and spoiled the enjoyment of playing this league. Please answer.

Best regards

Turkish fm fan

Amateur

It worked, cheers Neil.

Amateur

Is this in the 'Club Details' section? Shows as Insecure here - let me know, thanks.
    Yes correct in the club details section/profile the status shows as ''Secure''

Good spot, thanks for that we'll look into it.

Amateur

There's your problem, sit further away.

You're not supposed to sit that close to such a large screen.
    I know how far you have to sit away from the screen, if I do sit any further back I have to strain my eyes to be able to see anything as writing is so small.

I'm afraid there are no plans for any further updates for FM2012 at this stage. I can't really speak for any future version I'm afraid but from a personal perspective I'd like to see it in. Sadly I don't get to pick and choose what goes in the game!
    Well whoever is in charge of skins tell them to pull their finger out and sort something out for future version of the game ...... thank you very much indeed

Amateur

Not necessarily, if the receivers regard the offer as acceptable they should be accepting it automatically if the haven't done so then you should still be able to decline the bid.
    so i as manager can wait till the administrators accept a transfer bid then go behind their backs and reject the offer. seems unlikely but i wont complain.

Amateur

Good spot, thanks for that we'll look into it.
    no problem. trying to be constructive here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Deza View Post
    Hello.

There was an big issue in the turkish league. When you win the league the win doesn´t appear in the achivments screen. And you dont get a news about the league win, so you win for nothing because it doesnt count and can not be seen. And now I looked through the fix list for 12.2.0 and didnt see any fix for this issue. So now there is no idea of playing as a team in the turkish league. Why didnt you fix this SI and spoiled the enjoyment of playing this league. Please answer.

Best regards

Turkish fm fan
    Hi there, I'm afraid due to the way this works (two XML files, one for 2011 playoff system and one for 2012 league system) this couldn't be fixed for this update. Under achievements does the league win show up in the history?

Amateur

Does anyone else have issues loading the editor? when i loaded mine, it gives me a greenish background with words hardly being able to see and i tried to click blindly to no effect?

no problem. trying to be constructive here lol.
    Have been very much so in this instance!

Third Team

I know how far you have to sit away from the screen, if I do sit any further back I have to strain my eyes to be able to see anything as writing is so small.
    I guess that I've just got used to it, I will accept that the text is on the small side & a lot of the screen doesn't get used or it stretches some sections a little too much.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Farley View Post
    Can you try uninstalling the editor and removing the 'Sports Interactive' folders from the following locations before re-installing and having another go please:

User > Library > Caches

&

Thanks
    ok, now it runs! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaskiew View Post
    Does anyone else have issues loading the editor? when i loaded mine, it gives me a greenish background with words hardly being able to see and i tried to click blindly to no effect?
    Is this for Mac or PC?

For Mac:

User > Library > Caches

&

For PC try uninstalling and reinstalling, then delete editor cache as shown here - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7218941

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Drazkul View Post
    I'm running FM in windowed mode on my 47" TV and dont have any issues (except in the editor where its kinda hard to read how many 0's there are when changing stuff).

Admittidly i have my desktop resolution at 1440x900 but thats not a FM issue - thats just i find stuff impossible to read on the net if i go to a higher resolution (other games are fine in 1920x1080 though such as Skyrim).
    Why dont you just use zoom mode in your browser when using the net ? Have tried different resolutions to 1920x1080 but it just doesnt look good on bigger screen

Third Team

so i as manager can wait till the administrators accept a transfer bid then go behind their backs and reject the offer. seems unlikely but i wont complain.
    That wasn't what I was aiming for, IMHO it should be treated the same as when your chairmen steps in to accept a bid for your star player, if the administrators think that the bid is a fair value then they should step in & accept the offer, if they think otherwise then the decision should be deferred to you as manager to decide if you can do without the player.
    Last edited by Barside; 07-03-2012 at 22:18.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Jaskiew View Post
    yes, me. Read post #396

Amateur

Hi there, I'm afraid due to the way this works (two XML files, one for 2011 playoff system and one for 2012 league system) this couldn't be fixed for this update. Under achievements does the league win show up in the history?
    Hi Neil, thanks for your fast reply. I understand, but as you can see this issue takes away very much from the enjoyment of playing for us. The win doesnt appear and if i am not wrong you even dont get a news update after winning the league in 2012-2013 and further.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast