*Official* 12.2.2 Update Feedback Thread - Keep it all in here please

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It may only be a day earlier than last year, but I expected it to be later than last year, so well done SI! Now let's see if it's any good. :)

EDIT: Actually, as it's a leap year, does that mean it's technically taken them the same amount of time?

Just checking - is this the last update now or will there be another? It's about now I actually buy the game...

If there was going to be an update, they wouldn't tell us. But it's very unlikely there will be. If there was to be another one, it would be because something catastrophic had been discovered.

Someone at SI, is there any changes to the ME? I have a very well working tactic at the moment on 12.1.1 and I am that happy with it I am sceptical about downloading the recent update.

Read the patch notes linked in the first reply.....

I am in the same boat re the ME. There was very little change (other than AI corners and stopping the DM heading the ball over the oppo defence for clear one on ones. AFAIK).

I think it's better this way, rather than have to redesign a new tactic after every patch, the ME should only be changed every version, unless there is very obvious bug.

"I am pleased to announce the release of the Football Manager 2012 January Transfer Update. The update will be rolling out via Steam within the next couple of hours."

Oh yeah, that. *Skulks off*.

"I am pleased to announce the release of the Football Manager 2012 January Transfer Update. The update will be rolling out via Steam within the next couple of hours."

Even when theres an official announcement people still dont read god help us :)

Even when theres an official announcement people still dont read god help us :)

It's not that simple. The first thing you do when you see a thread making it clear that the patch is release could quite easily be start the game. Then you see nothing downloads, but you might not necessarily look at the other thread unless it occurs to you that it might explain that the patch will be released in a couple of hours. In all the excitement, I assumed that that thread would only contain a list of changes etc. I intended to look at it, but thought I'd get the game loaded first.

Quick question, as I've used the editor to change all the competition names to their real ones for the last patch, will I have to go back and do it all again for the new database, or can I use the same editor file when starting a new game?

Yes you will have to change the names again, as will i :mad:

• SI Staff
Quick question, as I've used the editor to change all the competition names to their real ones for the last patch, will I have to go back and do it all again for the new database, or can I use the same editor file when starting a new game?

As long as you use the same file it should still work with new patch.

It's not that simple. The first thing you do when you see a thread making it clear that the patch is release could quite easily be start the game. Then you see nothing downloads, but you might not necessarily look at the other thread unless it occurs to you that it might explain that the patch will be released in a couple of hours. In all the excitement, I assumed that that thread would only contain a list of changes etc. I intended to look at it, but thought I'd get the game loaded first.

Was joking lol :) although the part about it been out in few hours is at the start of the post :D

Oh my god oh my god oh my god!!! :D But why tonight of all nights?! I have a presentation to prepare for tomorrow! I insist SI delay the release of the patch :D

You've got a few hours to get it done and out of the way in time for the patch ;)

I knew it was going to come today... I have been refreshing the forum for a thousand times today. Splendid! I'm off to tell my FM11 squad goodbye while downloading the update and then I will start a new savegame with my edited database and watch Barca-Leverkusen while eating crisps. What an evening! Thanks SI :)

Nice one SI. Sorry for cursing your name in the last couple of days. :D

Now it's time to wait for Steam to update and we're off. :thup:

Cursing their name seems a bit mean given that we hadn't yet passed last year's release date. :D

hey guys steam has updated my game but when I start it still says 12.1.1 and I have no January updates, does anybody know what the problem could be?

Is this 1st time its updated ? also 12.2 not out as off yet i dont think anytime now though

Oh really, that's good then, I thought as it'll be a different database that I'm starting a new game with, it might conflict somehow?

Editor changes are driven by the 'Unique ID' of people/clubs/comps and they very rarely change between updates, so you should be fine.

got to work at 7 and its not looking like it out for me to download yet.. damn it!

As I discovered, if you check the link in the first post of this thread, you'll see that it's out in the next couple of hours. So don't worry.

hey wally13 thanks for the reply, its not the first time its updated but if the patch isnt out yet then it makes sense its still on 12.1.1

Have you downloaded the editor? That updated yesterday I believe so it could have been that?

Archived