Peoples best free transfer

So I have just played a game in October 2014 and my Center back just got a hat trick. Not bad to say that in the summer I got him for free from Bayern. I am PSG by the way. As soon as I signed him he was in the world cup winning brazil team and was named in the team of the tournament, here is a small screen shot of the player I got for absolutely nothing.

e983d0.png

Who has anyone else signed on a free that has been a great deal.

This year Adebayor to Vitesse, I didn't expect to be that good.

Adebayor annoyed me, I tried to sign him from city and everytime he was like 160k please. I was like no. Then his contract ran out, he went to wolves on 16k a week!

Built quite a bit of my Ajax squad on free transfers, most notable McDonald Mariga, David Bentley, Fabiano Santacroce, Stefano Okaka and Royston Drenthe.

Mulling over Pogrebnyak, but I don't think I'll pursue that.

I signed Clarence Seedorf on a Bosman at the end of the first season for my Ajax side. He only asked ~10k a week. I used to play him as Deep Lying Midfielder with set piece duties. He had an incredible amount of assists and a handfull of goals.

I also signed Volkan Demirel, Fernando Gago and Dusan Tadic on free transfers. They're all performing well, and I plan on selling the latter two for a hefty sum.

Has to be Goran Pandev for my Napoli side in 2017, picked him up as a backup and now he is my star. Although due to his age (34), he won't make it much longer.

where as you picked someone up then they got to 34 i picked up a 34 year old Olic. Just for cover for a season, should also give him a couple more winners medals for his collection

Somehow I got ter Stegen on a free a few years in, was bloody useless though so I sold him to Dortmund.

I just signed him for i think 6 mil, only non free signing of this season in a bid to try to make a profit without inestment, am giving him a year in reserves to get the language then give him a shot.

Mathieu Gorgelin from Lyonnais. Wish I knew why they let him go and even more how a newly promoted to Serie B of Italy team like mine managed to snatch him for only 2K/week. The guy is an absolute beast for my league and will be highly efficient even when I get to Serie A,plus he is only 23 years old at the moment. (3 seasons in) He even keeps on having frequent skill ups! :)

I think I'll be keeping him for a long way to come. He will most likely be the tutor of my next main goalkeeper as well,when the time comes.

Also got some really nice potential at the moment in the form of Nico Yennaris. He is turning to a great DM. Once again free from Arsenal.

Just recently started a new game with Truro and I'm only in the Blue Square Premier so the standard is a bit different, but I managed to snap up this lad on a free (doesn't have a previous club so I guess whichever club had him on that initial trial didn't want him)

p20u5.jpg

Absolutely magnificient at that level. Best thing about him is the determination. I get motivational issues with most players occasionally but this boy is fired up or looking motivated every single match, right from the start up to the final whistle. This is what he did in his latest game:

MoQ13.jpg

tLclS.jpg

Going to be a legend. And he's 16.

Sebastian Giovinco - Got him to Norwich on a free after getting a 7th place finish, played him attacking mid left and he dominated there! Averaged 50 assists a season, got 3 prem titles in 4 years an average rating of over 8, about 20 goals a season and 2 world player of the years!!! Best player i've had on this FM by a mile!

An AMR regen Brazilian who was letting his contract run out at Athletico Madrid. He was 18 at the time and 4 years later he is worth 9m and 3 1/2 stars in a CL winning squad.

Also David Ospina, Lars Bender and Fernando Gago. Got nearly 20m for both Bender (12m) and Gago (7m) combined when I decided to sell them, Ospina is just a god.

So far its probably Daniel Sturridge for me - I'm in my third season now as Plymouth in the Championship and after a short trial I signed him on £12k per week!

Otherwise Tamas Priskin got 38 goals for me last season in League 2, he was also on a free.

I got him for free too. Kinda strange really.

On the previous patch he starts the first season injured and this seems to stop Auxerre from renewing his contract, so he would become available for free more often than not. It didn't happen on my new game I started yesterday I guess as he doesn't start off injured now. Weirdly in my game Man City have just paid around 3 million for him. (As if they don't have enough strikers already).

Danny sturridge, seems good so far. Off topic a bit but how do you get quality free transfers because the list is so big that i either find future young stars or old players.

With Sanogo I just got lucky, he was recommended to me by my scouts and just happened to be within 6 months of contract expiry. To find them yourself your best bet would be player search. Filters set for contract expiring (6 months), whatever position your looking for and what you'd consider key attributes for the position and role you're looking to fill in your team.

Another way that gets lucky for me from time to time is to create search filter from my best player in each position then filter contract length on the search screen.

slipknot, is it possible to find top players without using the attributes, i have never used to tick attirbutes in any of the games to get my players as there are so many. I dont know every one has their own way of doing things.

Sorting players by value can be an indicator of ability but you need to be careful to make sure the player doesn't have a false high value from having been recently transferred. I also make a point of sending scouts to major competitions like the CL World cup and Euros but I always manage big teams with lots of scouting slots so that method may be restricted by the level of club you choose to manage at.

Either Damian Casalinuovo when I was in the Blue Square South or this lad:

25u188z.png

30sc8iv.png

Hasn't quite hit the heights in terms of performances yet, but he's now worth £12m and a regular in the Spain side. I have faith he'll find some goalscoring consistency; I keep trying to play him as an Advanced Forward because I have other strikers beter in the Poacher role, but I think I might just give in and play two Poachers.

Do you mean by the actual valuation that you know the ability, mostly i just go by the star rating and go by that to determine how good the player is in the position i want. I do send some of my scouts to some big club competitions like Europa and champions league though.

Danny sturridge, seems good so far. Off topic a bit but how do you get quality free transfers because the list is so big that i either find future young stars or old players.

I have 18 scouts out here, there and everywhere who only look for players aged 25 or under. By filtering what they find, I can find a lot of good expiring players so I don't miss them.

Archived