FM 12 - the 'Dynamic league reputation' feature

I was just interested to see whether anyone playing the game has noticed a marked change in the reputation in leagues from particular countries. I would be interested to see how long this feature might take to come into effect (providing the success is there), and if so, what countries have now climbed the fifa rankings as a result of domestic success and who now may be producing better regens than before. It would be great to see someone with a save 15 or so seasons into the game, and see top quality regens from China, India etc.

I remember one of my saves where I was 20 years into it, I had a couple of regens from obscure places, I believe two of them was Vanuatu and San Marino. Unfortunately that save died when my laptop had a painful death.

Its the best feature they ever introduced for me, i tend to keep to playing in the SPL and in previous versions after a while you got stuck at a point where you couldnt really improve, now its a huge challenge playing long term to try and bring Scotland back up to the top level of football. So far this year i have the SPL up to 4th in Europe, im hoping when i finally win the champs league we can break the top 3 and have more than half the league competing Europe each year, the national side is up to 10th right now, but it has been as high as 4th when it reached the Euro Champs final.

Im currently managing in Scotland with the deliberate challenge of trying to make them a top league in the world. Currently is 2025/26 and we are ranked 8th in the coefficient, Other big movers are Holland in 6th place and Ukraine who have slumped to 13th.

On FM11 managed to get Dutch league ranked 2nd after like 20 seasons but couldnt dislodge the EPL because TV revenue and prize money never changed for me.

i managed in poland and they got up till 9th place in the rankings although i never contributed much to the points (maximum qualified for group stage in uefa cup)

resulted in money raises from tv stations, i think first season you get like 1 million from tv, when poland was 9th, you get up to 2 million by the start of the season from tv money

Its the best feature they ever introduced for me, i tend to keep to playing in the SPL and in previous versions after a while you got stuck at a point where you couldnt really improve, now its a huge challenge playing long term to try and bring Scotland back up to the top level of football. So far this year i have the SPL up to 4th in Europe, im hoping when i finally win the champs league we can break the top 3 and have more than half the league competing Europe each year, the national side is up to 10th right now, but it has been as high as 4th when it reached the Euro Champs final.

I've done that with Romania but AI must be improved because no matter how good you are and how much reputation you bring to your league, the AI will always will be poor and won't know how to build squads and do business (in my game the other teams that went into European Cups, lose out and they don't get too far, buy players worth 20 millions and release them for free or sell them for nothing)

bring Scotland back up to the top level of football.

'Back' up?

Scotland punched above its weight as a footballing nation for decades because the majority of their decent players played in the English league. Other than Celtic in 1968 I dont think Scotland has ever been anywhere near the 'top level of football'.

Archived