What Style do you like your team to play?

What is your preferred playing style on FM  

120 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred playing style on FM

• Attractive & Possession
    • Direct & Long Ball
    • All-out Attack
    • Organised and Structured
    • Swift Counter-Attacking
    • Adaptable & Flexible to Opponents

Thought I would get a little poll going to see how varied and popular the different styles of football are on FM. So choose from the Poll options above and feel free to add your remarks below.

ahhh now I see it :o

I chose number four, though how would you differentiate between number one and number four as they could be quite similar couldn't they?

They could be yeah, I personally think my team plays attractive football. :D

I tried All Out Attack a few times last year with Inter Milan. Scored 4 goals in about 8 games.

I have two distinct styles against small or normal clubs i play attractive and attacking football using a 4-1-2-2-1. Against larger teams and bigger games I play a rigged 4-1-4-1 which at first is set to counter attack and defend, then if i take the lead I change my style to keep ball :)

Man Utd - I tend to play counter-attacking football.

FB (Support)

CB (Stopper)

CB (Cover)

FB (Support

APM (Support)

BWM (Defend)

IF (Attack)

IF (Attack)

DLF (Support)

AF (Attack)

I set my team to 'balanced' and 'control' - but I tick the counter-attacking box, and put width and tempo quite high. My logic being that we don't waste possession, but when there's an opening we use pace as our main attacking outlet.

Seems to work.

i think the large number of people playing attractive & possession based styles indicates something of a "barcelona" effect - they are the standard set and as such a lot of people try to emulate them - therefore we see a large number of people employ that style

I'm a Counter-Attacker. I never seem to be able to get my team to play well if I aim for possession, but I generally prefer to play with pacey IFs and they work nicely on the break. The best team I ever had for this was in FM10 and featured Zezinho & Salvio - teams just couldn't keep up!

half number 1 half number four. As mentioned earlier I think them two are very similar. Usually stay quite rigid with formation and clearly defined roles for each player. But keep tempo slow and move the ball about, but seen as I cant vote half on each I went for attractive, as even though it is structured it is very attractive football :)

sounds like stoke lol

i have changed my tactics over the seasons as i have developed the team.

gone from the good old stoke approach (set pieces galore) by having rory delap :p and making most chances from corners and throws. to very nice fluid attacking football

my "home" formation (i say home as that is where it works best although against weaker teams it can work away)

4-2-2-2 very-fluid attacking

FB - automatic

CD - defend

CD - defend

RB - automatic

CM -defend

CM -auto

LW-Attack

RW-attack

DLF - attack

P - attack

the automatic function saves me hassle and lets those wingers come forward and defend when they should be. i still have my long throws too as well as big man for heading corners

the away formation 4-1-2-2-1 - very fluid counter

FB - automatic

CD - defend

CD - defend

RB - automatic

DM - support

CM - automatic

CM - defend

LW - attack

RW - support

AF - attack

I do usually try and play more football, but i have one of those wonderful injury crisis's you hear so much about and have practically lost any creative player i have, so a wee change to long balls was in order so i can hopefully bypass the 4 kids i have playing midfield for a few weeks, first time i have tried long ball football in FM, not much fun to watch lol :D

Archived