One mistake of a teamtalk and season falls apart

Started my 2nd long term save as hearts, currently on a 21 game unbeaten run. Whilst waiting on my flight at airport, opened laptop and kicked up FM.

After beating Inverness 2-1 away, I said 'We would need to perform better against better teams'. Half the team were p***** off with me for saying this and now I have failed to win a game in 4.....come on, what the hell?

Anyone experienced this before?

Squad dependant I would guess, every time I've used that team talk it's always had a positive impact. Can't remember a single player ever reacting badly to it actually and at most only 2-3 people would have a neutral effect.

The effect of the team talk probably is about 1% of your next performance. Many other factors will have been relevant so to blame solely the team talk is bizarre. I have experienced losing runs after winning runs yes, confidence, form, injuries, complacency and plain luck have caused them.

Did they play badly? Players don't like being criticised if they played well, even if the scoreline doesn't reflect the performance.

I have to disagree with you on this one.

Every time my teams plays well and does not win the match although it should - seeing the match stats - and I tell them they have not done enough they all seem motivated. The only exceptions are when a player gets 8.5+ rating and he may be confused or demotivated.

So, they don't mind being criticized even if they play well :)

Or maybe it's just my wonderful way of telling them they were rubbish :p

The effect of the team talk probably is about 1% of your next performance. Many other factors will have been relevant so to blame solely the team talk is bizarre. I have experienced losing runs after winning runs yes, confidence, form, injuries, complacency and plain luck have caused them.

My sentiments too, you can probably win a league without using any team talk the entire season.

Archived