+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: One Day We'll Basque In Glory!

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - April 2023

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    April has come and gone and we have ended the month as league champions due to a 1-1 draw with Real Madrid.We had a bit of a poor finish to April with losing to Athletic when we absolutely battered them and then drawing with Real in which we were lucky to come out with a point.The rest of the games were pretty straightforward and Almeria were very lucky to only concede four goals as we missed a penalty,had a goal disallowed and hit the woodwork 4 times!We stunned Chelsea in the CL as we won 3-0 which gives us a very good advantage going into the 2nd leg at the Chelsea Stadium (built in 2022,holds 58,750!)

May is here and boy it is a tough month.We have Valencia,Barcelona and Malaga in the league which is a very tough run in but I have the league wrapped up.We have the Copa del Rey final against At.Madrid on the 24th which again will be a tough fixture.We have a 3-0 lead over Chelsea but I cannot take anything for granted and we need to play our best to make sure we go through,we will then have a potential final against Arsenal or Real Madrid.If I do get through then I want Arsenal for beating me in the Euro Super Cup and last seasons CL semi-final!

Last edited by B.W.G; 12-06-2012 at 18:16.

Sola only scored 13 goals

Third Team

To be fair,most of them did come against Fodder sides like At.Baleares,Osasuna and Celta.Those three games alone saw him score 10 goals!

Reserves

Still epic goalscoring form,

Third Team

Was indeed,the league has been wrapped up and now all we have is the Copa del Rey final against At.Madrid then the Champions League final against Real Madrid!

Third Team

They did it,the boys really went and did it!!!

To top it all off....

Reserves

Basqueing in the ultimate glory.

Youth Team

Nice Treble And Champions League again for next year too! Congrats!

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner, 2014 Best FMCU Team & Career Thread

Excellent work .

Youth Team

Incredible season, the first of many i expect.

Youth Team

Last minute of extra time- that's the way to do it!

Third Team

deltablue - Indeed we are and it feels great!

cerud - Thanks I'll do my best but there's no guarantee we can win it next year as well due to Tottenham's heavy spending!

SRL88 - Cheers fella

JackJCFC - Thanks!I hope so,I feel we won't hit our best squad overall for another few years yet.We've had defenders through which we lacked overall so we will be better in the future.

AK22 - I have to be honest,when Reuter scored I did punch the air in celebration

Amateur

No goal from Sola in the CL Final? Big game bottler, is he? ;-)

Third Team

Awesome achievement!

Reserves

Well done. Fantastic work.

Amateur

Congratz!!!

Amateur

Nice one! I'm guessing that Real's Russell Martin isn't Spanish?

Third Team

[c] - Not really he did play a big part in the game,he provided both assists

Deisler26 - Cheers fella

rancer890 -Thanks

buzz2k7 - Cheers!

MadDog - Thanks!Nope,he's Welsh which I think is a miracle considering the lack of talent they normally have.He will no longer be a pain in my ass,he's just moved to Man Utd for £27 million!

Amateur

Could you link me to the Tercera Division download?

Third Team

Just go here and download will be on the page.

Amateur

Excellent work! You've destroyed the youth challenge in only 12 seasons Too good!

Amateur

Congrats on another amazing season!!

Third Team

Scarman - Thanks I had no idea I had done in that quick.Thank god I'm in Spain where we seem to have a lot of talent coming through.

cswalk08 - Cheers fella

I am looking to get the updates done today as I've not been at home for the last few days to do them.

Third Team

Spain - The wait till Euro 2024 continues!

Fixtures

Manager's Thoughts
    Not really much to say as I'm getting very fed up with friendlies now and I can't wait till 2024 when we finally get some competitive games.The game against Croatia was absolutely phenomenal as we took apart the third best team in the World,Sola literally destroyed them himself as he hit an astonishing 5 goals in the game.The game against Egypt was disappointing as it was very close but they finished better so congrats to them as they became the 2nd team to beat me with Spain in 3 years.At this points it is only 351 days till Euro 2024 kicks off and we get to play some meaningful games!

Last edited by B.W.G; 19-06-2012 at 12:00.

Youth Team

The wait for national sides between competitions suck ...I usually end up leaving and join a new national side before a tournament out of bordom.

Third Team

Well I've already decided to quit Spain in 2026 but it's waiting for competitive games which gets to me but I'm loyal to Spain as my character is Spanish so I'll just have to grit my teeth and wait

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - End of Season 2022/23

2022/23 Transfers - To show that I am following the rules by not signing anyone.We actually made money from a youth player and we get to keep him as they did not want to pay the agreed price so it still leaves us with a £750k profit on a player which we get to keep which is a very good sign!The two released were never going to make it so I let them go.

Competitions
    Liga BBVA
    League Table
    That ended up looking easier then it actually was.Considering At.Madrid were really pushing us come February,they basically handed the title to us as we maintained excellent form for the rest of the season.A thing to note was that my two losses did not come at the hands of the big boys but against Real Sporting and Athletic Bilbao which shows even the best can have off days.We set new records for points and goals scored,this was our most dominant league performance to date and the only way we can surpass this is if we can go unbeaten in the league.The most goals we scored in a league game was 7 which occurred four times during the season,six goals by us in a game happened twice with the majority being four or five in a game,hopefully we can carry on dominating the league like this.

Champions League
    Winners
    I cannot believe what has happened in this competition,has to go down as one of my greatest achievements.We destroyed our group which contained Juventus,Celtic and Red Bull Salzburg as we recorded 5-1-0 stats and scored 27 goals in the process to top the group.We were drawn against Inter in the first knockout but we showed our fight at we won 4-2 on agg in which the 3-1 victory at the San Siro played a massive part.The quarter finals saw us up against the reigning Premier League Champs Tottenham,a thrilling 5-3 victory and a plucky 1-1 draw saw us clinch a 6-4 agg victory to send us to the semi final where we face Tottenham's rivals Chelsea for a place in the final.A comfortable 3-0 victory in the first leg helped us through as we lost the second 2-1 which gave us a 4-2 victory overall to face our Spanish rivals and the CL holders Real Madrid in the final.Real drew first blood in the final but we came back strong and MAR eventually equalized in the 49th minute,after that both teams squandered chance after chance and it went to extra time.Extra time bought more of the same and I honestly thought this was going to penalties but in up stepped Reuter in the last minute of extra time to send Vitoria fans into raptures as we clinched the Champions League title with pretty much the last kick of the game!

Copa del Rey
    Winners
    We destroyed Hercules 12-1 in the 4th round which didn't give us any trouble.The 5th round was against Malaga and they gave us trouble for both games as we snuck a 2-0 agg victory which was secured in the 2nd leg.The Quarter Final against Las Palmas saw two very poor displays in a game we won 4-2 but after both games,I gave the players a rocket up the ass.Again we were poor in the first leg of the semis against Real Oviedo but they were just as bad as we won 2-0,I changed formation for the 2nd and the players ran riot as we won 8-1 on the night to claim a 10-1 agg victory to setup a final against At.Madrid.As for the final itself,we showed our lethality in front of goal as we won 3-0 but other then that it was quite a even game but Sola did what he does best and that was score as he netted a brace to set a 3-0 victory to set a 3-0 victory up.

Supercopa
    Winners
    Deportivo's performance was an absolute joke,I fielded two weaker starting XI and we still managed to win 9-1 on aggregate.The major star was Ander Diez who scored five of the nine goals over two legs.Hopefully whoever we will face next season will put up a better performance as this was bordering on embarrassing but a win is a win at the end of the day and it shouldn't matter with how it happens.

Players,Stats and Awards
    Best XI 22-23 - Overall Best XI

Iker Sola
    Was the clubs top scorer hitting 106 goals in 55 games,no really he scored over 100 in a season which was almost godlike considering the standard of opposition in the league.70 goals in the league which was a new record,18 in the CL which was a new record and 18 in the cups.The guy even scored 17 in 8 at international level!He won so many awards,he won Balloon d'or and World Player of the Year to start off with,he also won CL Golden Boot,European Best Player,Golden Shoe,Jugador espanol del ano,Maximo goleador espanol,Pichichi and Fans Player of the Year.He is undoubtedly the best player to come out my academy and will post more my next post to show his current biography and his career stats in full.

Miguel Angel Rodriguez
    Destroyed his own assist record and came out with 55 during this season which I doubt will ever be beaten.He also scored 29 goals in 59 appearances,he was pretty much unstoppable during the season.He averaged at 8.11 from 59 games and that wasn't even the highest average rating which is a pretty shocking stat.Has a buyout clause of £175 million which only Real and Barcelona can afford so he is pretty safe here.His performances saw him pick up Jugador del ano and Champions League Best Player.

Markel Aranburu
    Played his first full season in centre midfield next to Reuter and performed absolutely brilliantly.Played 56 games,scored 9 goal and provided 14 assists and came on leaps and bounds has a player during the season so it was a managerial master stroke from me,has a rather unique record of 17 yellow cards without getting sent off and averaged a very impressive 7.3 from his appearances.His performances saw him awarded with Jugador joven del ano.

Special Mention - Daniel Reuter
    He has become something special in recent season,the once gobby youngster has matured into a very excellent player.He is the major player in the centre of the park and showed how good he can be as he scored 23 and provided 26 assists while averaging 7.75 for the season.His buyout clause has been upped to £46.5 million and has the Spanish big two,Arsenal,Tottenham,Man City and Bayern interested in him but he is going nowhere and I will make sure of that.The best ever player to come out of Luxembourg and may be able to go on break their international appearance record.

Overview
    An amazing season overall and we won the Champions League with players who have come through the system.Just relying on youth has seen our finances rocket and we currently sit at £96 million in the bank which is very remarkable considering where we were 12 seasons ago.We currently sit at £405 million in the rich list which puts us in 6th place and we are now regarded as the third biggest Spanish Club sitting behind Real Madrid and Barcelona.However,on the world scale,we sit in 10th place for biggest clubs.Give it a few more seasons and we could be at the top of the ladder.For improvements at the club,we are having our training facilities upped and we are having another stadium expansion which should take the ground to around 31,000 which I think will be the last expansion as it's not often you get expansion room of double the original capacity.

With regards to my future,I will be here till 2027 at the earliest and I will look to keep going till Sola retires and should have a new stadium or have had one announced,then do the same in England starting at level 8.I will be quitting the Spain National job in 2026 after the World Cup to concentrate on club football but by then,I am hoping Vitoria have become the biggest club in Spain if not the world.I have attempted to choose a new feeder club and this one comes from England in the shape of fallen giants....Liverpool,at the end of the season I rejected Barcelona's massive offer after Ancelotti retired so here's to my future and hopefully Vitoria's future as the biggest club in the World.

Code:
    Season        Division            League       Cup       Continental      Avg.Att              Notes
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12    Tercera Div.Grp 4       2nd         N/A           N/A            418              Promoted!  
    2012/13    Segunda Division B3     9th         N/A           N/A            646              Survival!
    2013/14    Segunda Division B2     9th         N/A           N/A            712          Copa RFEF Runner Up
    2014/15    Segunda Division B3     3rd        1st Rnd        N/A            827          Won Promotion Playoff!
    2015/16     Liga Adelante          7th        3rd Rnd        N/A           1487        Self-Proclaimed Entertainers
    2016/17     Liga Adelante          2nd        4th Rnd        N/A            900              Promoted!
    2017/18      Liga BBVA            12th        5th Rnd        N/A            900              Survival!
    2018/19      Liga BBVA             5th        5th Rnd        N/A          11771        Europa League Qualification! 
    2019/20      Liga BBVA             6th        WINNERS      Quarters       11343            Won a trophy! 
    2020/21      Liga BBVA             1st         Semis       WINNERS        11838             Won Double!
    2021/22      Liga BBVA             1st        WINNERS       Semis         17450           Domestic Double!
    2022/23      Liga BBVA             1st        WINNERS      WINNNERS       23066             Won Treble!
    Last edited by B.W.G; 13-06-2012 at 09:48.

Third Team

A quick look at the making of a legend known as Iker Sola.

Iker Sola - Biography

Career Stats

Code:
    Season          Apps      Goals     Av.R
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2013/14           9          5       7.07
    2014/15          45         12       6.90
    2015/16          43         35       7.48
    2016/17          39         13       6.94
    2017/18          36         20       7.15
    2018/19          24         15       7.33
    2019/20          51         29       7.27
    2020/21          59         49       7.46
    2021/22          58         78       8.11
    2022/23          55         106      8.57

International    30         41

TOTAL           449         367

Manager's Thoughts
    Undoubtedly the best performing player to come out the academy,has played 9 full seasons (he came though in in March 2014) and got a very impressive record of 367 goals in 449 appearances if you include internationals which every single one of his goals has come under my management!He needs 633 goals to reach 1000 and probably has about another 10 seasons left in him so it will be next to impossible but 800 looks like it can be doable if you include international goals.

At this moment in time,he has the club record for league goals with 251 league goals and still has quite a bit to do at international level,he currently has 41 goals for Spain which puts him 33 behind Fernando Torres (no...seriously,Torres has the record!) and 34 to make it his own.If I was to arrange simple friendlies against nations like Andorra and San Marino then he would definitely do it but that is against the way I play but I am more then confident that he will be able to break that record.

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner, 2014 Best FMCU Team & Career Thread

Dominating things now fella .

Third Team

Cheers fella Long may it continue considering the players are a few years off their peak!

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - Pre-Season 2023/24
    Club Information - Facilities - Board Overview - Expectations - Finances

Pre-Season Fixtures

Doesn't look like the best on pre-seasons on paper but I spent pretty much the whole of pre-season using youngsters coming through the system and not my actual first XI.My 2nd XI beat Zenit so there was no need for me to play strong teams in meaningless friendlies.I got a surprise after the QPR game,their manager Paul Lambert came out and said we were the biggest team in Spain!

The Team
    Team Report - Tactics

Key Players
    Jose Zubillaga
    Ignacio Romero
    Miguel Angel Rodriguez
    Iker Sola
    Every successful team has a strong core and these four are ours,note the fact most of them are bald so if shave Zubillaga's hair off then he may get even better!All I can hope is that they carry on performing like they have done for the last few seasons,these are our keys to dominating the Spanish league system and they have not reached their primes yet which is very encouraging.

Overview
    My main focus for the new season is the Club World Cup as that way we are crowned the World Champs!Even though that's my priority,I will still be focusing on the other competitions as winning them will help increase the clubs reputation and with Barcelona not doing as well in recent years then it should be only a matter of time before we overtake them.My secondary aim is to go unbeaten in the league as we have come close in previous seasons and I reckon it will happen in the next three seasons to put this team down in history as 'The Invincibles.'

In the end I couldn't get a feeder club as the board allowed me to pick then they didn't agree,our training facilities are being upgraded which finishes in November and should give us State of the Art training facilities,the stadium is being expanded again and will be finished in October.Youth Recruitment was a no go and I'm not even sure what I have to meet in order to up it.Here till 2027 which would put the majority of the current first XI around 27/28 years old which is when I should be looking at bringing the next lot through.

Last edited by B.W.G; 13-06-2012 at 21:26.

Reserves

I bow down to Sola. I thought my Eweka-Terzi duo was awesome but he can outscore them both combined!!!!!!

Youth Team

Sola will easily get more goals than appearances by the end of his career.

Youth Team

Sola's stats are disgustingly inhuman

Amateur

Now go win the Club World Cup!

Third Team

deltablue - He is a weird one,never had a striker who plays better up front by himself then with someone.

JackJCFC - I hope so,he's certainly made the right start to the season scoring 5 goals in 2 games.

cerud - I do believe it is no coincidence that the season where Sola scores 106 is the same season where Messi and Ronaldo both retire

cswalk08 - We should be able to get it with only minor issues coming from whoever won the Copa Libertadores.

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - August 2023

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoguhts
    Start as I mean to go on for both the club and Sola,we won the first trophy of the season by beating At.Madrid 6-1 on agg.The most impressive thing about that was we beat them 4-1 in the first leg with my 2nd XI and I didn't even have Sola on the bench!Bought in backs for the 2nd game and he scored his first of the season.He followed that up with a 4 goal haul as we beat Numancia 6-0 in the league in which we were reduced to ten men after 68 minutes as Daniel Reuter was sent off!

September sees the start of the Champions League and we have quite a tricky group even though we were 1st seeds,we start the campaign off against Zurich but we will also have ties against Inter Milan and Bordeaux.The league isn't too difficult as the most difficult game is against Malaga but I am confident that we can dispose of them,the rest of the games don't really appear threatening,Sevilla could cause trouble but I expect that off the Europa League holders.

Last edited by B.W.G; 14-06-2012 at 10:27.

Amateur

Would you mind selling Sola to my Dover team? I'll give you £80k, and the ownership of the team.

Amateur

How about loaning him to Ruggell for a season to partner Schneider and Zimmermann? I'm sure it would bring out the best in all three players

Poor Numancia
    Not the way you want to start as season.

Numancia took a bit of a spanking.

Third Team

cswalk08 - I'll have to turn it down at this moment in time,Sola is absolutely vital to our success,maybe in a few years when Ander Diez will be able to step in to fill comfortably.

Scarman - Wouldn't want to be playing in the Super League if I was up against those three.As I said for cswalk08,maybe in a a few years when Ander Diez can fill in with no troubles what so ever.

TheGreatTraveler - Was poor Numancia,don't worry though,they weren't the only team to receive a spanking!Zurich in the Champions League took a worse one

SRL88 - They have won since then so it has improved for them.I think other teams have taken worse as Sola is showing no mercy what so ever.

Youth Team

100% win record this season, great work

Third Team

Thanks fella Needless to say the 100% win has carried on till the end of September in a month of chaos,panic and disorder for the opposition

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - September 2023

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    Another month,another trophy,this time in comes in the shape of the Euro Super Cup as we literally destroyed Sevilla 6-1 to claim it.Only Malaga escaped a thumping and have scored the only goal against us but they were still no match for Sola.Osasuna,Zaragoza and Zurich in the CL felt the thumpings even though the game against Zaragoza saw us hit the post three times.The league game against Sevilla was actually pretty poor as we did not play to our best but we still won 3-0 to maintain our 100% win rate.

October is a bit more of a tricky month as we face Inter Milan in the Champions League and Real Madrid in the league so I won't actually mind drawing those two games to keep an unbeaten streak going.Espanyol always seems to be a tricky tie for us and again we will need to be at our best but other then that we should be okay as there are no real major threats.Sola was on fire this month as he hit 21 goals in 6 games to take his tally to 26 goals in 8 games,only one word can sum him up.....unstoppable!

Last edited by B.W.G; 15-06-2012 at 14:40.

Sola dosn't understand the term 'mercy', does he?

Reserves

He's unbelievable!

Youth Team

Also just noticed 22 goals for and only 1 against. Great defensive play!

Amateur

Someone needs to throw a bucket of cold water on Sola.
    Last edited by cswalk08; 15-06-2012 at 02:19.

Amateur

He is still getting better every year ! I think he will get atleast a thousand goals for yur team

Amateur

21 goals in 6 matches..... He is simply too good.

Third Team

TheGreatTraveler - Mercy is for the weak

deltablue - He's scary,1st game of October he bags 4 to take his tally to 30 or the season!

cerud - Incidentally,the person who scored the goal actually plays for our team

cswalk08 - They tried,it evaporated before hitting them.

buzz2k7 - I hope so but I think it may be out of his reach but anything can happen on this form.

Scarman - He can't be human on this form,I have never seen anything like it.He is the most dangerous and clinical striker I've had since Nicky Hensel in my previous save.

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - October 2023

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    The run continued and Sola showed why he is the hottest striker in the world to date.The only game where he didn't score was where I had to take him off as a precaution due to some heavy challenges from the Inter defence.I have to be honest,we were very disappointing against Espanyol and were extremely lucky to come out of the game with the victory.The game against Real Madrid showed Sola's ability has a big game player and he even helped out in defence when we were getting pinned back.Sociedad,Almeria,Deportivo and Bordeaux had no answer to the way we played and it was very good to see Reuter back among the goals as he contributed with 4 in 7.

I see no reason why we can't end November with our 100% record in tact as there is only Sporting who will cause us any trouble as they normally do.We have Copa del Rey games against Ferrol which shouldn't be a problem as well as games against Bordeaux and Zurich in the Champions League which shouldn't really be problems and should see us through to the knockout stages.Sola continues to show no mercy has he has 41 goals in 15 games which is phenomenal and could possibly hit 50 by the end of November.

Last edited by B.W.G; 16-06-2012 at 13:18.

Youth Team

Incredible stuff in the league, going strong in the Champions League group too

Third Team

Cheers fella,I'm annoyed with some of the goals we conceded as they were stupid defensive errors.The Champions League has turned out horrendous for Zurich on the day we beat Bordeaux 4-1,Inter stuffed Zurich 9-0!My hope is to have qualified out the group before we face Inter in December.

Sola didn't score against Inter!!

Youth Team

9-0!! Zurich got spanked!

Third Team

TheGreatTraveler - I took him off as a precaution as the Inter defence were going in very hard on him.This was proven when Ander Diez ended up breaking his ankle from a bad challenge after coming on!

cerud - To make it worse for Zurich,they did actually finish the match with 11 men!

Amateur

Inter planned on breaking your sola :s

Third Team

Inter did but luckily I saw through there plan and took him off after 60 minutes.Unfortunately Diez wasn't that lucky and went off injured in the 85th minute!

Third Team

Champions League match day 5 and we and go and equal Inters thrashing of Zurich against no other then Zurich (Only we did it on their ground so it makes us better )

Wait!!!Who's that to overshadow Vitoria's massive win,why it's no other then Arsenal who went and did this!

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - November 2023

Fixtures

League Table

Mnager's Thoughts
    What to say except for ouch,Sola scored 29 goals in 7 games which included two 6 goal hauls.How I came out that month with 100% record is beyond me as Sporting hit the woodwork four times and had a goal disallowed as well as their finishing sucking badly.I gave Granada a 2-0 lead after 17 minutes and we didn't pull a goal back till 37 minutes before destroying them in the second half.Ferrol had no chance in the Copa del Rey and went out 13-1 on agg and we now face Real Madrid in the next round which I think is a pretty cruel draw.We were 5-1 up against Bordeaux when Inigo Santos decided to get himself sent off,even with ten men we scored another three goals and our very own Mikel Aranburu scored Bordeaux's second to get rid of the claims we're not very sporting,as for the Zurich game.....no mercy.

December is a tough month as we face Inter,Barcelona and Valencia as well as Athletic who are the last team to beat me in the league as well as the last team to actually stop me scoring!We have the Club World Cup but I am not too bothered about it as I don't see any real threats barring whoever the South American representative is.Iker Sola is Iker Sola,he is a guy who will not quit scoring.End of November and he has scored 70 goals in 22 starts which shows how deadly he is up front by himself!

Last edited by B.W.G; 19-06-2012 at 12:18.

Youth Team

I still can't believe Sola's scoring record, just crazy. Is there anyone for other teams who comes close?

Reserves

He never ceases to amaze me. You're going to get relegated when he retires

Youth Team

70 goals in 22 games? He's averaging a hattrick every match? Sign that boy to a lifetime contract!

Third Team

JackJCFC - Not really,best individual season I've seen was from Salomon Rondon at Malaga in 2020/21 season when he scored 40 goals.Boris Botaka (English Regen at Inter Milan) and Ramazan Saglam (Turkish regen at Barcelona) seem to be the most consistent scorers but don't even come close.

deltablue - He never ceases to amaze me and I'm his manager Not if I resign from Vitoria when he retires

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    70 goals in 22 games? He's averaging a hattrick every match? Sign that boy to a lifetime contract!
    I wish I could,I can only sign him to 5 year contracts.His expires in 2028 which will make him very near 30 when it runs out!Hopefully he'll have a son just as good coming through our ranks!

Reserves

Not that early I hope.

Third Team

He'll be here for life even if I have to break the bank for wages to keep him here!When he hits his 30s then I will try to convince him to become a staff member for the club.I don't expect him to have a son ever,he is one of those one of a kind legends.Like Dixie Dean,Gerd Muller and Messi for their goal scoring abilities.

Youth Team

Everything's still looking rosy in the Basque region!

Planning on a 100% league record this season? Could be a possibility!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Everything's still looking rosy in the Basque region!

Planning on a 100% league record this season? Could be a possibility!
    Afraid it won't happen this season,we lost Barcelona 3-1 even though we are pretty comfortable at the top.

On a side note,there won't be any updates till Tuesday at the earliest as I've had to order a new AC Adapter for my laptop which has everything on it!

Amateur

Nothing I can say can add to what everyone else has said, Sola is just a freak

Third Team

After seeing his performances in the CWC,freak just doesn't cut it anymore!He scored 13 goals in 2 games,he scored 7 in the final against Velez!

Third Team

Spain - The wait till Euro 2024 is nearly over!

Fixtures

Manager's Thoughts
    We did what we do best and that is winning.Japan scoreline did flatter us as they were alot better then the scoreline suggested.Decided on a double header against the Copa America Champs and we beat them in both games to show our superiority over them,the 2nd game we were rather unlucky not to have more goals as we hit the post,missed a penalty and had a goal disallowed.Beat Morocco without getting out of first game as they were never at the races,Man City central defender Marcos Ruiz out scoring Sola was a shock.Originally we were scheduled to face Finland but due to their participation in the playoffs,we managed to get a game against Cyprus who were two places above Finland in the rankings.Sola was in his usual mood as he put four past them!

The Euro Championship draw has been rather kind to us and with only Netherlands to cause a problem,we should be able to get through quite easy.Group E looks quite tasty as it contains Croatia,Serbia and Montenegro along with Russia!The World Cup qualifying draw has been really kind to us and I'm not even sure who is the major threat but I'm guessing with Poland or Bulgaria.

Last edited by B.W.G; 22-06-2012 at 22:04.

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - December 2023

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    Well there goes the unbeaten season I was after,although we've not actually drawn any games so I'm going for a 37-0-1 season!Wasn't too bothered by the Inter defeat in the Champions League as we had already qualified for the knockout stages.We've been drawn against FC Twente in the knockout stage,which looks to be the easiest tie so I am expecting to win.The Club World Cup gave the rest of the World a taste of what Europe has suffered as Sola scored 13 goals in the two games including seven in the final.(That wasn't even Velez's heaviest defeat in the CWC,the lost to Man Utd 9-0 in the 2019 final!)The league saw us lose to Barcelona after we missed a penalty,hit the post and had a goal disallowed,it was a deserved defeat as we were 3-0 down at half time.We recovered well after the Barcelona defeat and kept going which is the most important thing.

January is going to be a rather annoying month,we start it off facing Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey before facing they're local rival At.Madrid in the league.As it is the Copa del Rey,I may get lucky as Real tend to field weakened sides in the competition but I normally tend to field our strongest side to make sure we go through.The league should be quite simple outside the At.Madrid game as we face Las Palmas and Numancia which shouldn't be too difficult.At the bottom,it looks like Betis want to break the lowest points total which currently stands at 13!As for Sola,at the end of this month,he stands on 92 goals in 29 appearances.He is also responsible for 45 of our 67 goals in the league which says it all.I could rest him for two months and he'll probably break his goalscoring record last season but I wouldn't want to do that!

Last edited by B.W.G; 19-06-2012 at 17:39.

Third Team

Think rancer890 and cerud will like this.As for me,I don't as he moved to Real Madrid!

Looks like Canada have one hell of a good player on their books!
    Last edited by B.W.G; 19-06-2012 at 17:39.

Karaga seems really good!!

Third Team

He is a very good player from what I saw in the Copa del Rey against us,we gave him a right good kicking in the first leg

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - January 2024

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    Well if one thing has come from this month,its that I'm sick of Madrid teams!We demolished Real Madrid 7-0 on agg which set up another Copa del Rey tie against At.Madrid,an easy 2-0 win in the first leg set us on the way and I rested our attacking force as we drew 1-1 which gave us a 3-1 aggregate victory.We were very poor in the semi final first leg against Zaragoza but we won and now have to deal with the second leg without three players due to bans and this includes Sola!The league was a case of nothing to see here,move along.We waltzed past Las Palmas and Numancia.At.Madrid gave me a headache we fell behind,at 2-1 in the dying minutes,they had a corner and their keeper came up and hit the cross bar with a header,straight from that Sola finished a counter attack and secured the points for us!

February is mainly league games as we have four games with the toughest being Malaga,while the other league games are Osasuna,Zaragoza and Real Sociedad.We have the 2nd leg of the Copa del Rey against Zaragoza in which we are in a good position to go onto another final where we will probably face Barcelona in the final.We also have the 1st leg of the CL Knockout round in which we face Twente,we are away from home but I still think we can nick a away goal or two.A quieter month for Sola as he hit 13 goals to take his tally to 105 for the season,he needs one goal to equal last seasons record and two to beat it which he will probably do so in February.

Last edited by B.W.G; 20-06-2012 at 10:28.

Reserves

Karaga looks fantastic. Too bad I can't get you to sign him.

Third Team

He is a fantastic signing,the Canadians do have quite a strong first XI which includes our very own Angelo Roman (2 caps!) who is now worth £7 million.Hopefully we can have a few more obscure nationalities come through the ranks.

Youth Team

Holy crap!! I want Karaga on any team I manage now

Third Team

Pfft he's just a poor mans Reuter

Reserves

He only settled for Madrid because he couldn't join you

Third Team

Most definitely,if you can't join the best then go for the next best option.Madrid's manager has lost his marbles anyway,he sold Russell Martin who was Madrid's major goal scoring threat to Utd at the start of the season!

Amateur

Sola just keeps rolling. Fantastic work.

How are the Americans looking?

Third Team

Cheers fella,there is no stopping that juggernaut.

America are 17th in the world but have only won 1 Gold Cup since the start of the save.Their best player plays for Real Madrid,with other big players playing for AC Milan and Malaga.(Will do screenshots at some point tomorrow)

Between Canada and America's national team,Canada look like they have a stronger first XI but America have more depth.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Cheers fella,there is no stopping that juggernaut.

America are 17th in the world but have only won 1 Gold Cup since the start of the save.Their best player plays for Real Madrid,with other big players playing for AC Milan and Malaga.(Will do screenshots at some point tomorrow)

Between Canada and America's national team,Canada look like they have a stronger first XI but America have more depth.
    Never thought we would have the stronger starting XI.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Never thought we would have the stronger starting XI.
    Me neither! But I'll take ti

Amateur

Still doing ridiculously good! Karaga is possibly the best Canadian regen I've ever seen. Any amazing Australian's in your game?

Semi Pro

I'm not sure what's the biggest achievement, winning the quadruple with that side (excellent 120th minute Champions League win btw ), Iker Sola's absolutely ridiculous scoring records, or the fact you had a 1-2 on the Ballon D'Or with club academy players. This career has been insane really.

Another solid start .

Third Team

CSWalk - As promised here's the screenshots for the best American regens.David Metcalf - Nick Kamara and Chris Shearing.

rancer 890 and cerud - USA are still tending to use real players when clearly not good enough.Some other brilliant Canadians for you....David Campbell,Alex Dodds (I was once offered him on a free when I just got promoted to Liga BBVA!),John Olazabal,Thomas Garcia and our very own Angelo Roman.(Not too impressed with this,I'm in dire need of another left back for Spain as we have one under the age of 30!)

Scarman - Cheers fella I'm afraid the best Australia can do are Jimmy Mackenzie and Joshua Baartz.They are that much better then your next lot of players.

noikeee - Thanks I have to go with Sola's scoring ability,I've never seen anyone be so deadly up front by himself.One game left to February and he already has 109 goals in 39 appearances!

SRL88 - Cheers fella

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - February 2024

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Overview
    I'm actually quite disappointed with February,poor win over Sociedad and we dropped points to Osasuna in which this gave me the final proof that Iturri will never be as good as Sola up front by himself.Sola was banned for the Osasuna and Zaragoza games at the start of the month.Diez made his comeback from injury with a goal against Zaragoza.This is encouraging as it showed Diez hasn't lost his touch and will be the number two choice striker after Sola.We smashed Malaga and Zaragoza which was a brilliant response after giving them harsh words in the previous games.As for FC Twente,I was hoping to win by one or two goals but we won 4-1 which should leave us in a very strong position going into the 2nd leg in March.

March is quite a difficult month as we face Sevilla,Real Madrid and Valencia during the month,not too bothered about Espanyol,Almeria or Deprotivo as we should be able to beat them with relative ease.We also have the 2nd leg of the CL Knockout against Twente in which we are in a really good position to progress even further so it looks like we are putting some effort in to retain the title.Sola had a quiet month for him as he scored 6 in 4 which wakes him to 111 goals for the season.It's also Youth Candidate day during the month in which I am not too bothered about what we get although I would like a decent goalkeeper.

Last edited by B.W.G; 21-06-2012 at 11:37.

Reserves

111 for the season!

Third Team

We've got to March,he scored two in the first game and two in the second game as well as a red card so he gets a three game ban.So far he's scored 115 goals,rested for two games and banned for five!He's scored 115 in 42 so hopefully he'l get to around 125 for this season.

Youth Team

111 goals in a season is crazy

Those Canadian players are unlike anyone we have currently in real life! Do you have so special Canadian player pack loaded up? Where are these guys coming from?!?!

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    111 goals in a season is crazy

Those Canadian players are unlike anyone we have currently in real life! Do you have so special Canadian player pack loaded up? Where are these guys coming from?!?!
    This.

Canada chokes in all my saves.

Youth Team

Poor old Betis

Third Team

cerud and rancer890 - The only thing I can find bout those six players are that they all come from the province of Ontario.Three come from Toronto,two from Scarborough and one from Oshawa.All the players bar Roman (who came through our academy) started off at Toronto. Unfortunately as good as Canada are in the game,they have been over shadowed by Mexico who have players who could probably play in any major team.

AK22 - Near the end of March,we've played 28 games and they still have 6 points.Think there on course for the worst league performance from a team.I thought At.Baleares were bad last season when they picked up 13 points but this is funny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast