+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: One Day We'll Basque In Glory!

Third Team

buzz2k7 - I am very honoured to have him at our club,can't wait to see what he is like in a few years time

Scarman - He is indeed,now if he can do that in a season then I will be impressed.I can't believe I forgot to mention that,we play CSKA Moscow,the tastiest tie is Bayern v Real Madrid.

Sitting nicely on top of the table .

Third Team

We are indeed and we improved our standing by beating Barcelona in the league.Unfortunately Real Madrid are now chasing us down.

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - January 2022

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    I'll be damned,never thought I'd beat Barcelona and At.Madrid twice in one month especially beating the latter 8-1 on agg in the Copa del Rey!A well disciplined saw us beat Barcelona in the league,we lost to Sevilla in a bull**** match in which the ref ruined any chance of us by sending two of ours off as well as giving a controversial penalty to Sevilla,I wish nothing more then pain and misery on Angel Castro!Other then that we were brilliant and maintained discipline,the 1st leg of the Cope del Rey against Barcelona was a epic entertaining match and I am stunned we walked out with 4 away goals in which I hope we can keep them at bay in the 2nd leg.

February is actually quite a short month with just the five games,the 2nd leg of the Copa del Rey against Barcelona and the 1st leg of the knockout in the Champions League against CSKA Moscow.The league games are Valencia,Zaragoza and Almeria in which I can see Valencia giving us the most trouble.Iker Sola has been Iker Sola,he is now up to 34 appearances and 52 goals but to my dismay he is suspended against Barcelona which I hope Diez can step up to the plater considering Iturri is also banned!

Last edited by B.W.G; 09-05-2012 at 16:35.

Some excellent results .

Reserves

Very exciting Barca tie in the cup.

Third Team

SRL88 - Cheers fella

deltablue - It was,the 2nd leg was just exciting but without as many goals,we won 2-1 with Ander Diez scoring a 92nd minute winner to claim a 6-4 agg victory!

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - February 2022

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    Was a very good month overall with just points dropped at Valencia in another game where we finished with 9 men,discipline has cost us at times and all I can hope is that it will not cost us in the long run.Brilliant performances is in the cups saw us knockout Barcelona in the semi-final of the Copa del Rey as well as take a good advantage into the 2nd leg of the Champions League knockout round.Other then the Valencia game,not one team in the league could stop us as we racked up 17 goals in the other three league games which was brilliant but we only have a very slender lead at the top.

March is a tough month with games against Real Madrid and Malaga in which both are away from home which is a nuisance and all I hope is that I try my best and steal valuable points,not really bothered by the games against Espanyol,Salamanca or Alaves as they are definitely winnable games.We have the 2nd leg of the knockout round against CSKA Moscow to play and we hold a two goal lead but more importantly we scored 4 away goals which gives us a bit of freedom to be expressive and we should be able to move on into the quarter finals.

Last edited by B.W.G; 24-05-2012 at 12:29.

Reserves

Solid month. Next match against Real Madrid will be big.

Third Team

Thanks I changed tactics,we were out played and out shot 23-6 and we won 2-0

Youth Team

Some great wins there. Gues your tactical change gave you quality and not necessarily quantity. I'd take quality any day

Amateur

Love the thread, congrats on your success! Sola looks amazing

Im hoping to start my own thread soon, can I ask how you do the screen shot of just your fixtures and results rather than the full page?

Solid month and great result against CSKA.

Third Team

cerud - Thanks It gave me an extra man at the back (DM position) and left 1 up front so most of their shots were from distance.

Rayvon2 - Thanks fella I take a screenshot of the full page,upload it to photobucket and use their editing tools on there to crop it down to what I want.

SRL88 - Cheers fella

Amateur

Another great year so far! Hopefully at the end of the season you will be "Vitoria"us (pun for victorious)

Third Team

Thanks fella

Sorry for no updates in the last couple of weeks as I've suffered from FM burnout but will be playing from today.

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - Youth Candidate Day 2022

The Candidates

The Stars
    1.Borja Santano
    2.Mikel Melendez
    3.Inaki Uranga

Overview
    No World Class potential stars this time but Uranga and Melendez will be back ups but I am not entirely sure Melendez will actually reach his potential but I'm sure Uranga will.A bit of sympathy for Santano has he'd probably end up a first choice MC at another club but that position is pretty crowded at the moment,he'll probably end up the 4th best MC but will be very useful for rotational purposes.

Last edited by B.W.G; 24-05-2012 at 12:35.

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - March 2022

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    We recorded an absolutely vital win against the main title challengers Real Madrid in the league after being outplayed through the entire match.We recorded easy wins against Espanyol,Salamanca and Alaves but we really struggled against Malaga so I am really grateful that Iturri had his shooting boots on otherwise this would have been a loss.We brushed past CSKA without really getting out of second gear as we won 1-0 to give us a 5-2 agg victory to set up a tasty tie against Inter Milan in the Quarter Finals.The first leg against Inter was one I was pleased to escape with a draw as both teams were below par and we were still worse then Inter,there was 11 shots in the entire game so definitely wasn't one for the neutrals!

April is quite a big month as we have the second leg of the CL Quarter Final with home advantage as well as the final of the Copa del Rey against Deportivo which is a easier tie then I was expecting as I was expecting Malaga but they knocked them out on away goals.The league could be as good as won by the end of this month if we play to our best,we face Athletic,Tenerife,Celta,Sporting,At.Madrid and Deportivo.We currently have 92 goals so we are chasing down 107 goals of the 1989/90 Real Madrid side as well.

Last edited by B.W.G; 24-05-2012 at 17:40.

Third Team

Wink

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - April 2022

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Overview
    We finished the month unbeaten which has put us on the verge of the title as we will only need a point from the last three goals,we've also broke Real Madrid's record of 107 goals and it ain't over yet,I honestly reckon we could get to 115 goals in the league.On the Champions League front,a heroic performance from the team saw us beat Inter 2-1 to setup a tie against Arsenal who were gunning for three in a row.We escaped the first leg with a 0-0 draw which saw Arsenal have a legitimate goal ruled out,the second leg saw us out play them but our finishing let us down as we lost 3-2 to send us crashing out in the semi-final.That defeat has left me gutted as we should have been in the final but Arsenal got the better of us and get a place in the final where they will face Real Madrid.

May has four games left in which three are in the league and the other is the Copa del Rey final which should had took place in April.We face Deportivo twice which could secure us a double for a second year running as well as our first domestic double.Iker Sola has been the star of the show hitting 72 goals in 54 games which has been brilliant,hopefully he can hit 75 goals and to make it better he is only 23!

Last edited by B.W.G; 26-05-2012 at 10:56.

Reserves

Darn Arsenal, getting another title though.

Third Team

Typical Arsenal though,all they like doing is usurping Tottenham.Tottenham win the Premier League and Arsenal could possibly win the CL

We wrapped up the league against Barcelona as well as wrapping the Copa del Rey in style against Deportivo!

Youth Team

Congrats on the title. That's a crazy amount of goals you have there! The CL loss is just another reason for me to dislike Arsenal for which I'll do no charge for your behalf ;)

Third Team

Thanks

We finished the season with 119 goals.I hate both Arsenal and Real Madrid,Arsenal for Knocking me out and Real Madrid for winning the competition.Haters keep on hating

Third Team

Spain - World Cup 2022 Build-Up

The Squad
    Goalkeepers
    Jose Zubillaga (Vitoria),David De Gea (Man Utd),Josep (Barcelona)

Defenders
    Inigo Santos (Vitoria),Luis Alberto Garcia (Lille),Rodolfo Bodipo (Vitoria),Marcos Ruiz (Man City),Ignacio Romero (Vitoria),Juan Jose Leal (Palermo),David (Porto),Mario (HSV)

Midfielders
    German Revuelta (Tottenham),Thiago (AC Milan),Miguel Angel Rodriguez (Vitoria),Jordi Alba (Sevilla),Aaron Alvarez Alvarez (Roma),Juan (Malaga),Pablo Sarabia (Valencia),Victor Sayegh (Celta)

Forwards
    Forwards - Aitor Iturri (Vitoria),Iker Sola (Vitoria),Mikel Goni (Athletic),Tomas (At.Madrid.)

Friendlies

Overview
    We've done what we've had to,I arranged friendlies with similar teams in our group but to be honest I didn't really learn much from them as they were a walk in a park and that includes the Germany game which was quite shocking.Iker Sola has carried on his impressive goal scoring form into the international team so it looks like he will be the key player for the upcoming tournament.

My selection was based off various reports and form of the players hence why Juan and Sayegh were called up,my biggest worry is a lack of quality left wingers but we have Alba,Sarabia (currently injured!) and in emergency cases Goni who can play there.We are favourites with Brazil but the tournament can either be dead predictable or no one will actually know what will happen next.Qatar be ready,my Spanish Armada will be gunning for glory!

Last edited by B.W.G; 25-05-2012 at 16:34.

Third Team

Lightbulb

Spain - World Cup 2022

Group Stage

Code:
                        Group A                                             Group B                 
                      P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts                                  P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
    1st Brazil        3  1  2  0  6  1   5                  1st Portugal     3  1  2  0  4  2   5
    2nd Egypt         3  1  2  0  4  2   5                  2nd Ivory Coast  3  1  1  1  5  3   4
    3rd Russia        3  1  2  0  4  2   5                  3rd Chile        3  1  1  1  2  2   4
    4th Qatar         3  0  0  3  1  10  0                  4th Mexico       3  1  0  2  2  6   3

Group C                                             Group D
                      P  W  D  L  F  A  PTS                                  P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
    1st Spain         3  3  0  0  6  0   9                  1st Italy        3  2  1  0  4  0   7
    2nd Turkey        3  2  0  1  5  2   6                  2nd England      3  2  0  1  6  2   6
    3rd Senegal       3  1  0  2  4  6   3                  3rd Uruguay      3  1  1  1  2  3   4
    4th Iran          3  0  0  3  2  9   0                  4th Costa Rica   3  0  0  3  0  7   0

Group E                                             Group F
    1st United States 3  2  1  0  9  1   7                  1st Germany      3  3  0  0  5  1   9
    2nd Netherlands   3  2  1  0  7  2   7                  2nd Nigeria      3  1  1  1  3  2   4
    3rd Argentina     3  1  0  2  4  3   3                  3rd China        3  0  2  1  3  4   2
    4th UAE           3  0  0  3  0  14  0                  4th Bulgaria     3  1  0  2  1  5   3

Group G                                             Group H
    1st France        3  3  0  0  8  2   9                  1st Croatia      3  1  2  0  2  1   5
    2nd South Africa  3  1  1  1  3  4   4                  2nd Scotland     3  1  2  0  2  1   5
    3rd Switzerland   3  0  2  1  2  4   2                  3rd Australia    3  1  1  1  3  2   4
    4th Canada        3  0  1  2  2  5   1                  4th Paraguay     3  1  0  2  1  4   1

Knockout Stage

Overview
    I'd say the Spanish Armada shot us to glory but in reality it was Iker Sola who shot us to glory.It was a straight forward group which saw Argentina crash out courtesy of the United States on game 3.2nd round saw us drawn against England who just happened to be the only nation to had beaten us,an extra time goal by Iker Sola saw us clinch a 2-1 victory to relieve a bit of pressure off me.The quarter final against Portugal was the Iker Sola show as he scored all 4 goals and missed a penalty in the match.The semi-final was against the surprise package of the United States,they failed to threaten us in the entire match but took a Miguel Angel Rodriguez double to send us through.The final against Italy was surprisingly one sided as IKer Sola joined Geoff Hurst in players scoring a hat-trick in a final as we claimed our 2nd Word Cup.

The awards saw Jose Zubillaga pick up Best Goalkeeper while Juan picked up Best Young Player.Vitoria's very own Iker Sola showed why he is regarded the hottest striker as he won the Golden Ball and the Golden Shoe with the latter award showing his goal scoring record in comparison as he equalled Just Fontaine's record of 13 goals which was set in 1958!

Last edited by B.W.G; 01-06-2012 at 10:48.

Reserves

Sola power does it again for you!

Youth Team

Congrats on the World Cup! Interesting to see the United States in the semis.

Amateur

Congrats on another league title and the World Cup! Unlucky in the Champions League though, next year will be the year

Third Team

deltablue - I love that line He was something else throughout the whole season,if you include club and country together,he made 75 appearances and scored 99 goals!

cerud - They did rather well considering they were in a group with Argentina and Netherlands,beating Croatia can be seen as a upset considering they are quite strong in this save.No match for Spain though

Scarman - Cheers fella If we can avoid Arsenal then I feel confident we can do it,they seem to have a hoodoo over me at the moment

Youth Team

What an excellent WC; you only conceded one goal throughout!

Very commanding in the league now too. Should be the start of a dominant period, domestically

Third Team

Thanks Was impressed myself,although we conceded against England,it was a player born in DR Congo who got it!

Well next season could be rather interesting as At.Baleares have been promoted to Liga BBVA who are tycoon owned,by looking at how much they spend,it looks to be they type who throw money at the club!

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - End of Season 2021/22

2021/22 Transfers
    To show that I am following the rules of not signing anyone.The major departure and the most gutting was Carlos Goni who wanted his contract terminating so I agreed to.One of the 100 club (only 5 players in that club).Goni spent 9 years at the club,played 304 times and scored 100 goals,he has still not found a club.

Competitions
    Liga BBVA
    League Table
    This was easier then it looked as only Real Madrid actually posed a major threat has the rest couldn't deal with our attacking force as we set a new record in that department with 119 goals,50 of which came from Iker Sola which looks to be a record which will never be broken unless it is by himself.Was a bit disappointed with the defence as it was mainly defensive clangers that allowed the opposition to score so thank god for our finishing.The other major problem was our discipline as we finished with 99 yellow cards and 6 reds which was only surpassed by Barcelona's 101 yellow cards and 7 red cards which was quite ridiculous.Unless Real Madrid strengthen considerably during the Summer,I don't actually see them posing as a threat for me,the only thing they have over us is the better defence but even they were no match for our finishing,out of the 20 goals they conceded,5 were from us!

Champions League
    Semi-Final
    Was a very good debut season for us in this competition.We got a through a tough group of AC Milan,Benfica and Sparta Prague and with the fact that both AC Milan and Benfica went out in the group stage showed that us and Sparta were no pushovers (Sparta actually beat AC Milan at the San Siro!),we finished the group with a 5-1-0 record to top the group.The knockout stage saw us face CSKA Moscow and we comfortably got past them with a 5-2 victory to set up a massive Quarter Final with Inter Milan.The first leg was one of the dullest 0-0 draws I have ever seen,the second leg more then made up for it and we claimed a heroic and priceless 2-1 victory to send us through to the semi-final on our debut season!The semi-final saw us up against Arsenal who beat us earlier in the season in the Euro Super Cup,we were lucky to escape the first leg with a 0-0 draw as they had a goal controversially disallowed which was a huge relief,the 2nd leg saw us outshoot and outplay Arsenal but we still ended up losing due a combination of poor finishing and poor defending,I was gutted as we deserved to go through on the 2nd leg performance.Arsenal would annoy me more by going on to lose the final to Real Madrid!

Copa del Rey
    Winners
    The 4th round saw us beat Denia very easily as we won 12-1 on aggregate.The 5th round was slightly more difficult as we won 7-2 on aggregate against Liga Adelante side Las Palmas which set up a massive quarter final tie against At.Madrid,to my surprise and the surprise of the lesser side of Madrid,we won 8-1 on agg which included a 5-0 home victory!This set up a massive tie against Barcelona,a highly ill-disciplined and entertaining game saw us win the first leg 4-3 before a late late goal from Ander Diez in the second leg gave us a 2-1 victory and a overall 6-4 aggregate victory to set a final up with Deportivo.The final itself was very easy and I mean that,they rarely threatened and we were in control from start to finish,my only disappointment was that we didn't score more goals!

European Super Cup
    Runners-Up
    We tried our absolute best against the 2021 Champions League winners but in the end we fell short as we lost 3-1 on penalties.They had more shots but we had more shots on target which explains why their keeper got man of the match.In the end it was a cruel way to lose but it shows how far we have come and how far we have got to go to reach the summit as well as showing that we are not out of depth against the best in Europe.

Supercopa
    Winners
    Had a lot less trouble then expected in the first leg as we won 2-0,decided to field my 2nd XI in the second leg and they came out with a 1-1 draw to clinch the Supercopa.We could have easily won but I was concentrating on other things as Malaga failed to get me nervous as we were never under pressure.They also fielded a weakened side in both legs so it was their own downfall that we would the first leg.A 3-1 aggregate victory was good but it could have been greater.

Players,Stats and Awards
    Best XI - Overall Best XI

Iker Sola
    Was the top scorer hitting 78 goals in 58 appearances so I guess he did okay.His goal tally saw him reach 256 goals for the club at the age of 23 so only another 744 in up to 12 years which is possible if he gets 62 goals a season for the next 12 seasons!As you know he won World Player of the Year and on top of that he won Best Player in Europe,Fans Player of the Year,Golden Shoe,Jugador espanol del ano,Maximo golea dor espanol and Pichichi.This guy is remarkable as he can play up front with someone or he can play up front by himself (like he does for Spain!)I am very tempted to have him up front by himself next season.

Miguel Angel Rodriguez
    Topped the assist chart with a very impressive 35,he also scored 17 goals and averaged at 7.57 from 60 games which was very impressive from the winger.He performed brilliantly throughout the season and would have been stupid for me to leave him out of the Spain squad.He has excelled and still has room to improve,the right wing is his and I don't see anyone to remove him in the foreseeable future which is quite worrying as I don't even have anyone coming through.Thank god we have about 10 seasons to get someone through to replace him!His performances saw him pick up Jugador del ano.

Aitor Iturri
    Didn't do too bad as the number two striker and still managed to score 28 goals in 52 appearances which was pretty remarkable and made him the second highest scorer overall.He's only 21 and has a glorious career ahead of him but unfortunately he has to try and usurp Iker Sola which will be no easy feat.His performances saw him named Jugador joven del ano.I feel it was a deserved award and can only hope he can carry on with his improvement.

Special Mention - Rodolfo Bodipo
    He is the best at what he does,which is heading,tackling,hurting people and getting booked!Once again he has proved that he is one of the most consistent performers in the game and also as the accolade of being the highest goalscoring defender in the team ever.The fact he is only 23 is very encouraging and will take something special to displace him at the current time.He will probably still be here after I've left,he has never had any concrete offers come in for him so it looks like he will be here for a very long time.Had a very good season,it wasn't his best in discipline but he averaged higher then he has don before with a rating of 7.61 over 52 games.

Overview
    An excellent season overall,we performed a domestic cleansweep as we won the Supercopa,Copa del Rey and Liga BBVA but we were still overshadowed at the end of the day as Real Madrid won the Champions League which is my main ambition.We did very well in our debut season in the Champions League and I know we did our best as we pushed Arsenal all the way to their limit so things can only get better from here.My only problem with this season was at the end as due to technological advances,our training facilities were knocked down a grade.I did ask for them to be upgraded but they refused even though we have £78 million in the bank!However,our Youth Recruitment has been upgraded once again and now sits at 'Above Average'.

Next season I will be looking at the Champions League as that is the one we are missing and to see Real win it annoyed me to no end.Next season will also see tycoon backed At.Baleares compete in the league,I do have memorable history with this club as they were the first team we ever knocked out in a cup competition (Copa RFEF 1st Round 2013/14!).With Sporting improving and claiming Champions League and the like of Barcelona and Malaga falling,who knows what will happen next.All I need to know is that we must take advantage of any slip ups by the others.

Code:
    Season        Division            League       Cup       Continental      Avg.Att              Notes
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12    Tercera Div.Grp 4       2nd         N/A           N/A            418              Promoted!  
    2012/13    Segunda Division B3     9th         N/A           N/A            646              Survival!
    2013/14    Segunda Division B2     9th         N/A           N/A            712          Copa RFEF Runner Up
    2014/15    Segunda Division B3     3rd        1st Rnd        N/A            827          Won Promotion Playoff!
    2015/16     Liga Adelante          7th        3rd Rnd        N/A           1487        Self-Proclaimed Entertainers
    2016/17     Liga Adelante          2nd        4th Rnd        N/A            900              Promoted!
    2017/18      Liga BBVA            12th        5th Rnd        N/A            900              Survival!
    2018/19      Liga BBVA             5th        5th Rnd        N/A          11771        Europa League Qualification! 
    2019/20      Liga BBVA             6th        WINNERS      Quarters       11343            Won a trophy! 
    2020/21      Liga BBVA             1st         Semis       WINNERS        11838             Won Double!
    2021/22      Liga BBVA             1st        WINNERS       Semis         17450           Domestic Double!
    Last edited by B.W.G; 27-05-2012 at 12:15.

Reserves

Great year on all fronts. CL title will be yours soon.

Third Team

Thanks Considering the jinx Arsenal have over us,if we can avoid them in the CL then my confidence will sky rocket!

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Thanks Considering the jinx Arsenal have over us,if we can avoid them in the CL then my confidence will sky rocket!
    Arsenal's nothing special ;) Destroy them!!

Third Team

I think it's possible,I hope Arsenal have a season of mourning considering Tottenham won the Premier League last season!

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - Pre-Season 2022/23
    Club Overview - Facilities - Board Overview - Expectations - Finances

Pre-Season Fixtures

Quite a good pre-season,my 2nd XI beat our feeder club Haro,won easily in the games against Zenit and Vit.Setubal.We were up against it as we were reduced to 10 men after 3 minutes against Man City and very poor finishing meant missing out on a win against Galatasaray.

The Team
    Team Report - Tactics

Key Players
    Jose Zubillaga
    Ignacio Romero
    Miguel Angel Rodriguez
    Iker Sola

All good teams have a key player in each specific year and based off the team report,the four above will be the ones to stand out hopefully.The only difference from this season and last season is the defence area where Romero has now taken back over Bodipo as the top rated defender.There is noone good enough to compete with Zubillaga and Rodriguez at the moment so there positions are safe.Sola is on his own level for goal scoring but we do have decent backups in Itturi and Diez in the team so that position is quite safe.

Overview
    My aim for this season is the most important trophy in Europe,the Champions League.We did very well in our debut season and eventually went out in the Semi-Final due to poor finishing and defensive mistakes against Arsenal.This season I will classify as a developing season for now but things can change depending on our performances but the main aim is the Champions League.On the domestic front,there is really only Real Madrid and Sevilla who will pose a major threat,Barcelona haven't strengthened or even signed anyone.At.Madrid may finish higher as they've made a couple of good signings,Sporting look like they could be dark horses again and have made some shrewd signings,I'll be surprised if Sevilla are not a threat this season,Real have not signed anyone but they had strong squad anyway.

I've signed a new contract which now expires in 2027 in which I will be 40 and probably have won the Champions League by then and become World Champions.The only thing I am missing is a stadium named after myself (Unlikely due to 20 year rule which would make it 2035!) and have a son come through (even more unlikely!),we have had some Extebarria's come through the ranks but none were my sons thankfully as they were complete rubbish and didn't have me in their favoured personnel.Youth Recruitment has been upped and hopefully I can get it upped again as well as make the board give in for better training facilities.Also we are now a continental rep side which is brilliant,we are ranked in between Shakhtar and Werder Bremen and we're higher then Malaga!

Last edited by B.W.G; 28-05-2012 at 14:59.

Youth Team

Youth recruitment upped...hopefully one of those Extebarria's is your son...the decent one!

Third Team

So do I and I hope he is a defender,I have one defender in the u19's which is very worrying as he isn't even any good!

Semi Pro

Last time I was here you were still in Liga Adelante and I am not hugely surprised to read you winning back-to-back spanish titles, as this game seems always too easy to you. Still a remarkable achievement and I'm certain you'll get the Champions League soon, if not next season then the following one.

Iker Sola is a FMCU legend in the making btw.

Third Team

Too many years playing it FM13 won't be that easy,me and 13 just don't go together.We should have it by 2025 at the latest.

He's good but he's no David Stewart

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - August 2022

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    Well don't think I could have asked for an easier start to the season and to make things a bit scarier for the opposition,we were not playing to our fullest abilities either.The Supercopa 1st leg game against Deportivo,I put out a weakened side and didn't even let Sola on the subs bench,the 2nd leg was just as dominate as we won 9-1 on agg!The league games,I wasn't too happy about as we played poorly against both teams,if we play like this then better teams will punish us.Even so we are topping the table already so I shouldn't complain too much.

September looks to be a straight forward month and we kick off our champions league campaign with a home tie to Celtic.Our CL group contains us,Celtic,Juventus and Red Bull Salzburg so not a particularly hard group to deal with.No difficult games in the league although you have to have a bit of sympathy for Deportivo as they have to face us again.Iker Sola has got 3 in 3 so far and hasn't started that well by his standards so things can get better for him.

Last edited by B.W.G; 29-05-2012 at 11:44.

Youth Team

Another great start, Sola not up to standard with 3 in 3 just shows how great he's been for you recently.

Third Team

Thanks fella

I was comparing it to his Spain performances where he has scored 5 in 2!He hit a hat-trick against Norway and scored a brace against Portugal!

Youth Team

A good way to begin the seaon! Still much to go, but can't complain so far

Third Team

Thanks fella!Was indeed and we've kicked it up a notch in September as nothing can stop us.....yet

Third Team

Arrow

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - September 2022

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    We've kicked things up a notch and you could tell by the performances.We started off our CL campaign with a bang as we stuck 11 goals past Celtic and RB Salzburg which was more then I could ask for.The league saw us score 15 goals in 4 games while conceding 2 which is a much better improvement on last season.To coincide with our improvement as a team,Sola has hit top form as he scored 13 goals in 6 games which is quite scary!It's a case of so far so good,quite shocked at Granada's start to the season as I wrote them off but they look like they could be this seasons dark horses.

October looks to be a tricky month with games against At.Madrid and Sevilla in the league as well as Juventus in the Champions League,if we can get past these then I don't see many teams stopping us.We have a game against Granada which I'm not sure how to approach due to them over performing but to even it out,we also face Zaragoza and pointless At.Baleares so I am expecting wins and goals against those two.

Last edited by B.W.G; 29-05-2012 at 19:32.

Youth Team

Wow! That is a crazy goal difference!

Third Team

Done well so far but it could have been even better if we actually finished our chances,was remarkably surprised with the Champions League and the latest result from that read Vitoria 4-1 Juventus so our goal scoring form has carried on into October.

Youth Team

Made a flying start, although you've yet to play any of the big guns yet. I'm sure they won't cause you too much trouble though ;)

Third Team

Thanks

Big guns...what big guns,I can't play myself Most of the big guns have dropped too many points.We already have a 7 point lead after 10 games!

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - October 2022

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    Practically the same as the last two months,we finished the month with a 100% record.My favourite result was definitely the 4-1 victory over Juventus in the Champions League which has put us on course for the knockout stage.We beat Hercules in the Copa del Rey 6-0 which gives us a massive advantage in the 2nd leg.There was only one game in the league where we struggled and that was against At.Madrid it took a controversial penalty to get rid of them.Sevilla have been underachieving and their manager was sacked after the game.

November is actually a straight forward month as we don't really play the big teams till December (Real and Barcelona) and January (Malaga and Valencia).We're practically through in the Copa del Rey and there is no reason why we can't go November unbeaten as well.At this moment in time we are averaging 23210/23250 so we could be in a position to expand the stadium again at the end of season.Sola has continued with his run and now has 28 goals in 15 appearances.Hopefully he can keep that record up!

Last edited by B.W.G; 30-05-2012 at 00:35.

Reserves

Astonishing start.

Third Team

Thanks fella

I've been quite astonished myself.The only game we've messed up so far was the return game against Juventus as I got the tactics wrong but even then we drew 1-1.

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - November 2022

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    Well that's all the easy games out of the way,the only thing we managed to mess up was the CL game against Juventus and that was my fault as I got the tactics wrong and we were very lucky to sneak a draw as we managed 4 shots in the entire the game,we also put another 6 past Celtic taking our CL tally to 22 with a game to go!The Copa del Rey was easy and we stuck another 6 past Hercules to claim a 12-1 agg victory.The league saw us play 4,win 4 and score 19 goals in the process,we are really too hot to handle at the moment,Sola is even hotter as he sits at 44 goals in 22 appearances!

December sees the start of a challenging two months as we play Malaga 3 times,Valencia,Real Madrid and Barcelona,I am hoping complacency hasn't set in yet as that may cause a bit of trouble considering I've won 14 on the bounce in the league so it is nervy for me.I know I can't win them all but I don't want too much damage done in the next couple of months as I normally make mistakes around the Christmas period.

Last edited by B.W.G; 01-06-2012 at 10:30.

Reserves

Wow, 14 now! Got a good cushion even if things to get tougher.

Third Team

Was a good run while it lasted,we drew against Barcelona 1-1 but what's more remarkable is that we finished the game with 9 men after some dodgy refereeing.Barcelona committed 15 fouls and get just two bookings while we commit 16 fouls and end up with 7 yellow cards and 2 red!

Youth Team

Was a good run while it lasted,we drew against Barcelona 1-1 but what's more remarkable is that we finished the game with 9 men after some dodgy refereeing.Barcelona committed 15 fouls and get just two bookings while we commit 16 fouls and end up with 7 yellow cards and 2 red!
    Sounds like Barcelona uses their transfer money for refs and not players ;)

Third Team

Only for not giving red cards,in 15 games Barcelona have had 38 yellow cards and 0 red cards while we've had 40 yellow cards and 3 red cards.They should pay for players as there not exactly setting the world alight

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - December 2022

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    The month ended with less games then expected due to Real's participation in the Club World Cup.We finished our CL group stage with a bang as Sola hit 4 in our 5-1 win against RB Salzburg and we will now face a tricky tie against Inter in the 1st Knockout Round.The Copa del Rey was disappointing,we originally won 5-1 but due to a crash,we ended up replaying and drawing 0-0!The league game against Barcelona was a joke,we drew 1-1 but finished with 9 men and a further two suspended due to bookings!The win against Bilbao was impressive as we had four first teamers suspended,goals from Aranburu and Bodipo were enough for victory even if we were just hanging on by the end of it.

December also saw the World awards given and Iker Sola won a double as he won Balloon d'Or and World Player of the Year in what I can only describe as a sensational year!January brings 6 games,1 against Real,1 against Valencia and another 2 against Malaga and they go in the order of Malaga,Valencia,Real and Malaga which is quite a hardsh run!The other two games are Sporting and Las Palmas which both will be tricky due to their positions.

Last edited by B.W.G; 02-06-2012 at 23:01.

Reserves

Still just 2 points dropped.

Third Team

Expecting more next month as we have a very strong first eleven but it's a bit weaker below and if we beat Malaga in the CDR then that will give us another two games and a must for rotation.

Third Team

Spain - The long wait till Euro 2024

Fixtures

Manager's Thoughts
    Due to Spain hosting Euro 2024,I am stuck playing friendlies for a couple of years which I am using as a opportunity to give youngsters coming through their chance as well as giving Sola the chance to break Spains goal scoring record legitimately (no playing weaker nations over and over!) which stands at 74 which was set by Fernando Torres of all people!Sola has 36 goals in 28 appearances so he does stand a very good chance of doing so.As good as the Ecuador result was,my proudest was actually against Scotland as they have quite a few good players,their number one keeper players for At.Madrid and their best defender plays for the Premier League Champs Tottenham!

Last edited by B.W.G; 12-06-2012 at 11:03.

Amateur

Sensational season so far!

Youth Team

Fantastic season so far. I actually can't believe how many goals Sola is scoring!

Well **** me!!! What a side you have going now.

Youth Team

Kicking ass, taking names

Third Team

scarman - Thanks fella

Raware - Thanks!I think Sola is the 2020's version of Messi for his goalscoring

SRL88 - As good as they are,I think they can be better but I still need more defenders to come through as we are lacking in that area,especially at right back.

cerud - Inigo Santos (13 yellow cards by mid-January!) literally kicks everyone's ass and I just take the names

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - January 2023

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    I am pleased with how we played in the Copa del Rey so far have I have been giving fringe players the opportunity to show what they can do,normally the Copa del Rey team as been 6 first XI players and 5 fringe players which has left us in a good position for another final which looks to be against Athletic!Our performance in the league has been diabolical,we were poor at finishing against Valencia,poor against Malaga and even worse against Sporting.I changed the formation back to one up front against Las Palmas and it paid off but we are now under a bit of pressure to shake At.Madrid off our tails.

February doesn't look too difficult bar the At.Madrid game which is a must win and the Champions League tie against Inter Milan.We have the 2nd leg of the Copa del Rey in which we have a two goal advantage which is very handy,this month doesn't look too long and hopefully we can start picking up points after January's blip!Sola has been player of the month has he scored 9 in 6 to take his tally to 58 in 30 for the season!

Last edited by B.W.G; 03-06-2012 at 22:37.

Amateur

A loss? Unacceptable ;) At least you picked the form back up after that game

Reserves

Sola had a 5 goal game.

Keep winning.

Reserves

Giving the opposition a Sporting chance then.

Third Team

Scarman - There was no one who came out of that match without the hairdryer treatment.Sola was banned for the match as well!We had to pick up form after that,think it's just a coincidence that Sola was back from suspension.

rancer890 - He's brilliant,just wait till you see his performances in February as deltablue once said 'Sola Power!'

deltablue - As you said,giving the opposition a Sporting opportunity even if it wasn't my intention!Can't say we were Real Sporting during the match as we did our best to injure their players

Youth Team

Scarman - As you said,giving the opposition a Sporting opportunity even if it wasn't my intention!Can't say we were Real Sporting during the match as we did our best to injure their players
    I guess if you can't win...destroy! ;)

Third Team

Only two opposition playerss went off injured,one has a broken leg which shows poor reffing as our player only got booked

Great thread so far!
    Where did you get the database that includes Tercera Division?

Third Team

Cheers fella

I got the database from FM base.

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - February 2023

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    Crash,bang and wallop....that's the sound of devastation left by Iker Sola,there was only At.Madrid who managed to stop Sola and even Inter Milan in the Champions League fell victim to his goal scoring abilities.Sola scored 19 goals in 6 games,talk about Sola Power.Sola now stands at 77 goals in 36 appearances!He only needs two goals to break the record he set last season and we still have a lot of games to play!

We breezed through into the final of the Copa del Rey as we won 8-1 which meant we recorded a 10-1 agg victory over Real Oviedo.We are in a strong position in the Champions League as we won 3-1 at the San Siro which was very impressive,the only problem is Sola is now suspended for the 2nd leg but I'm pretty sure we can finish them off without him.In the league,there was only Espanyol who gave us any problems in a game which we just edged.Even the game against At.Madrid,we found it pretty easily but our finishing let us down.I don't think Deportivo knew what hit them,they scored from there only shot on target and it was from the penalty spot.

March is now here and we kick it off with a big game as we face Real Madrid,the only other major game in the month comes in the 2nd leg of the Champions League against Inter but no only do we hold a 3-1 lead but we also have home advantage which is good news for us.We also have games against Sociedad,Granada,Zaragoza and Sevilla which I am hoping we can get a few more goals and wins.The last thing is that it's Youth Candidate Day and I am hoping for some defenders and a priority is right back as we actually only have two players who can play there so it is a very weak area.

Last edited by B.W.G; 05-06-2012 at 16:22.

Reserves

Vitoria Stadium doesn't need to run on electricity anymore, there's Sola Power as a renewable resource.

Pity the first opponent next month, since I'm sure Sola will go on a scoring rampage.

Third Team

We may be using Sola Power at the end of the season for building the stadium expansion as it should save on costs

I don't pity the first opponents of next month,it's Real Madrid.Hopefully Sola will score the winner though!What I did forget to mention is that between the Villarreal and Deportivo games,Spain had a friendly against Croatia (ranked 3rd in the World!) We won 6-2 and Sola scored five!

Sola is every goalies worst nightmare.

Youth Team

Your going to miss Sola when he goes.

Reserves

Does he have a similarly good partner, like my Milan Terzi-Eweka combo?

Third Team

TheGreatTraveller - He is indeed and he leaves the opposition defence having sleepless nights

JackCFC - I probably will do but he should be good for another 9-12 seasons!

deltablue - He's quite a weird one,from what I have seen he plays better up front by himself.I have tired to play him with Aitor Iturri and Ander Diez.Sola doesn't play too badly with Diez but he isn't really effective with Iturri.

Amateur

Sola's record is pretty scary actually. Hope he puts a few past Real Madrid

Third Team

It's not possible for Sola to be human and score this many.Real Madrid couldn't cope with him,he hit a hat-trick as we won 5-0 at the Bernabeu

Third Team

Default i

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - Youth Candidate Day 2023

The Candidates

My Top 3 Picks
    1.Inaki Aguirre
    2.Aitor Vallejo
    3.Juan Prieto

Manager's Thoughts
    Not too bad,there has been a lot of potential come through especially in the defensive area of the team which will help massively in the future.I think Aguirre,Vallejo and Prieto just edged being the best youth players but it's good for the future.Our u19's did beat the Candidates 2-1 but with the attacking force of my u19's,I am quite surprised the game was so close which shows the quality of defence in the candidates.Think I will grade this candidate day at a A- due to the lack of a standout star.

Last edited by B.W.G; 21-06-2012 at 00:31.

Amateur

Hi there BWG I have been reading this thread since the start and have been astounded and impressed by your rapid progression! But I was just after a favour could you show me a screenshot of the stats and history of a former YP of yours. I cant quite remember his name and it will take a long time to browse through this thread. I believe his name was Angel something and you rated him as a prodigy but he never seemed to develop as well as you thought he would. I'm just interested to see what turned out of him, cheers

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - March 2023

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    A 1-1 draw with Inter Milan saw us go through with a 4-2 aggregate victory which sets us up a quarter final tie with the English Champs Tottenham,hopefully it will be cleaner than the Europa League Final in 2021.In the league,March finished quieter then it started.We destroyed Real on their own patch and gave massive beatings to Real Sociedad and Granada.The game against Zaragoza was fairly disappointing as only Sola really turned up and we need to pick it up against better teams.The game against Sevilla was better but 3-1 flatters Sevilla as we missed a penalty and hit the woodwork three times!

April is here and we have a big CL tie against Tottenham in which I feel we can be confident on going through.The league sees us with a tough to the Month as we face Barcelona and Real Madrid but that is dependant on whether we get through to the semi finals.Hopefully we can get full points against At.Baleares,Almeria,Celta and Osasuna which should see us be on the verge of the league title.Sola is Sola and is still scoring,he currently stands on 89 goals in 41 appearances.

Last edited by B.W.G; 06-06-2012 at 14:24.

Youth Team

You're enough points up that a title run is a good chance. Plus, only a single loss can't do much better!

Third Team

Thanks Think my next objective would be going unbeaten in the league which is definitely possible.

Reserves

You'll soon be consistently Vitorias

Third Team

I hope so,I don't want to put a curse on myself but I think we are in for a glorious end to the season.Through to the CL semi-final where we will face Chelsea,the winners will face Arsenal or Real Madrid in the final!

Still going along amazingly well.

Amateur

This is the year for Champions League glory

Youth Team

How far are you going to take it with them? Whats your overall aim considering your looking likely to dominate for at least the next decade.

Third Team

SRL88 - Thanks fella

Scarman - I hope so,we beat Chelsea 3-0 in the first leg of the semi-final whereas Arsenal hold a 1-0 lead over Real.

JackJCFC - My aims are to bring a next gen of youth players through,I will definitely be playing till Sola retires and we get a 2nd new stadium which should be 2035-ish!After that I may look to do the same in England as I do have the English leagues down to level 8 loaded.

Youth Team

89 goals- that's amazing! Surely, he'll get over a 100 in the season?

Third Team

He has done,at the start of May he has 103 goals in 50 games

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    Hi there BWG I have been reading this thread since the start and have been astounded and impressed by your rapid progression! But I was just after a favour could you show me a screenshot of the stats and history of a former YP of yours. I cant quite remember his name and it will take a long time to browse through this thread. I believe his name was Angel something and you rated him as a prodigy but he never seemed to develop as well as you thought he would. I'm just interested to see what turned out of him, cheers
    Only just seen this,I'm guessing you're on about Angel Diez.Your right he didn't develop quite as well as he could of,still at the club but will probably leave in 2026.He has made 246 appearances and scored 32 goals but with the emergence of younger and better talent,it left Diez at the wayside.He never wants to go out on loan and clubs are never interested in a permanent move.

Edit: At the end of the season I will do a brief section of the best Youth Players to come through for both past and present.
    Last edited by B.W.G; 06-06-2012 at 14:23.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast