+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: One Day We'll Basque In Glory!

Third Team

Thanks

It says we were receiving around about £1.56 million for TV rights.Seems quite a lot for this level but out of my first ten games this season,we are on TV for seven of them!

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - September - 2015

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    We fully deserved the victories against Peurtollano in the league and Eibar in the cup as they were both reduced to ten men and we took full advantage of that fact and it also sees us win a game in the Copa del Rey which is an improvement on last season.The game against Racing can only be described as a hit and run!We fought bravely against Tenerife as we lost 4-3 in an exciting game which saw Sola get another hat-trick even though he did that,the opposition saw one of their players get all four!Ended the month with a trip to recently relegated Osasuna,we lost 1-0 but this could have been a lot worse then it actually was.

Twelve points down,thirty six to go to make sure we survive.We are in this position due to Iker Sola who has been on fire this season,his seven appearances have seen him score ten goals,he only needs three more to beat his record last season and we've only just hit October!Need to get results in the home games as I'm not too confident with the away games just yet but we are making strides,I'm more confident of survival now then I was two months ago!

Last edited by B.W.G; 22-03-2012 at 00:06.

Amateur

Looking well!

Youth Team

Excellent start. Keep it up!

Reserves

Managing fine so far.

Third Team

Thanks guys

We've made a winning start to October as we beat strugglers Villarreal "B"

Amateur

Excellent start in Liga Adelante, keep it up!

Semi Pro

I am pretty sure you get more than I do in Russia...

Youth Team

Great start to the campaign!

Third Team

Scarman - Thanks Will try my best even thought it will be difficult.

Flamers - I probably do seeing as we have practically been on TV every other week.Must be a local channel like S4C that doesn't have great viewing figures!

cerud - Thanks

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - October 2015

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    A pretty solid month which saw us pick up 8 points and go unbeaten in the league but crash out of the cup.Started the month with a win over struggling Villarreal "B" with MAR getting his first of the season.Lost to Almeria in the cup which was a bit gutting as I found out they drew Athletic Bilbao in the next round!We returned to winning ways in the game against Murica as the partnership of Goni and Sola provided victory.The month ended with two 2-2 draws against Barcelona "B" and Almeria which were both away from home which is quite encouraging for us.Iker Sola has already got 13 goals up to this point which matches the number he scored last season.

November will be an extremely tough month for us as we have to face the high flying trio of Valladolid,Numancia and Getafe.Right now I'll settle for four points from five games and I don't care how I get them but we are thirteen points above the relegation and I can't say I expected to be that far off after ten games,I was expecting four or five above it.I still need another 28 points to ensure survival and we have 32 games to get it in which equates to 0.875 points a game!

Last edited by B.W.G; 23-03-2012 at 15:55.

Amateur

Excellent start mate, Soria seems to have banged plenty in for you so far this season!

Third Team

Thanks Mate He (Sola!) is up to 14 after two games in November so he has 14 in 14 so far which has already surpassed last season so he still going,if he keeps going at this rate then he could possibly break Goni's record of 23 goals!

In other news,Ricardo Santamaria has become the first C.D. Vitoria player to be called up to Spain u19's so finally some recognition for our youngsters!

Youth Team

Amazing progress, keep it up!!

Part-Timer

So... back to back promotions on the way?

Banned

Let's hope you can get another promotion, that would be great Keep up the good work mate!

Third Team

JackJCFC - Thanks mate

Coentrao - Doubtful that will happen but give I reckon I can get it in three or so seasons

Tactic Master - We can all live on hope but I'm not convinced we can get it this season but that doesn't mean I won't try Thanks!

Going really well in the league .

Third Team

Thanks

November has been an interesting month where I've actually done better away from home!

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - November 2015

League Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    Well that was an unusual month for us,1 points gained at home,6 gained away.We didn't turn up for the game against Valladolid,in which the only real highlight from that match for us was Sola scoring.We held out to claim a valuable point against Numancia which was the case of the under achievers vs the over achievers.The game against Leganes was an impressive comeback as we were 2-1 down after 60 minutes but two goals in six minutes saw us claim a priceless victory.The Getafe game had a miracle which was us scoring twice as they had too much quality for us to handle and showed why they were the leaders.The last game of the month saw a very impressive victory over Xerez in which I don't understand how we won that convincingly and how they are doing so badly with some of the quality players at their disposal.

December sees us play three games against high flying Las Palmas and mid table sides Rayo and Recreativo so I will be happy to take anything out of those games.Iker Sola is still knocking them in as he is now up to 17 for the season in which 13 have been in the league which makes him the league's top scorer.Goni has 9 in 17 which all of his goals have been in the league so these two have been pretty sensational for us and I hope that can continue.

Last edited by B.W.G; 24-03-2012 at 10:35.

Reserves

Wow keep it up. You're doing great.

Third Team

Thanks

I've have finished December but it will be up later.In short,Iker Sola is now up to 20 goals in 20 games and Unai Gurrutxaga has already broke the Liga Adelante record for assists as he just got his 16th of the season!

Amateur

put a screenshot up of Iker sola ;) ...

Third Team

Sorry it's late,I've not long finished work but here is a screenshot of Sola

Amateur

you have done really well to get him averaging a goal a game, future captain possibly as well with that influence

Third Team

I think my AML has helped quite alot as he has 16 assists and Sola plays on the left of my striking pair.Sola will more then likely become the clubs vice captain in the future as Angel Diez will be club captain till the day he leaves.

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - December 2015

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    Only the three games in December before the Christmas break,we were overpowered by the much higher quality of Las Palmas.3-1 actually flattered us more then them as they could have easily scored seven or eight.The game against Recreativo was a very even game which could have gone either way,thankfully better finishing saw it go our way as we claimed a valuable three points.The game against Rayo was nothing more then a heroic performance of the defence's half,we a goal down and Bodipo was sent off in injury time in the first half.Second half starts and we immediately equalized with Sola scoring his 20th of the season,we then managed to hang on to claim a valuable point.

January sees four more games which will put us just over the half way mark,my aim was for 48 points for survival which is still my primary objective but as it stands we only need 17 points from 24 games.Barring any injuries,I'd be happy with two or three points as that will help keep us ticking over as I'm not expecting us to carry on this sort of form.

Last edited by B.W.G; 24-03-2012 at 21:52.

Youth Team

A slight drop but still doing amazingly well, hope you can make playoffs!

Third Team

Thanks I never really expected to be this close to the playoffs but given we have an average age of 18 years old will give us a few years to become better players and then fight for promotion.

Reserves

Are you scared of promotion? Why I obviously wouldn't turn it down I'd feel very wary of it at this stage.

Third Team

I am definitely on edge about promotion,if I get it then I get and will fight tooth and nail to survive,if I don't get it then it will be a case of pick myself up and carry on.I do feel if we did somehow manage it then we would most definitely be the whipping boys in top flight

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - January 2016

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    We battle throughout January and came out with five points which was a good showing.A disappointing draw against Elche saw us throw a 3-1 lead and only walk out with a point,a late equalizer from Gorka Bengoetxea saw us claim a point at home against Sabadell.The 4-1 victory against Eibar,I don't know what to say,we were outshot 16-6 and they had a better possession (59-41) yet we are the ones who walked out with three points!The game against Albacete was disastrous,only we could go to a team who had not got anything in eight games and lose so it was a day to forget.

Iker Sola got another two goals which takes his tally up to 21 goals in 22 appearances but there is a worry about his performances,they have been that good that Athletic Bilbao have been sniffing around as they want him to be a long term replacement Fernando Llorente but Sola only has a buyout clause of £1.1 million so hopefully they won't bid that high for him so I can keep rejecting the offers.

Last edited by B.W.G; 25-03-2012 at 22:07.

Semi Pro

Skimmed through your progress here, quite remarkable to be on the brink of promotion to the top tier so early under the give youth a chance rules. But I think the quality of your youths has helped immensely, that Iker Sola guy is brilliant. I think a 1.1M clause won't be enough to put the AI clubs away from him...

Banned

I think promotion is a huge possibility and I have faith in your managerial skills!

Third Team

noikeee - It has been quite shocking as even I didn't think we get promoted from Segunda Division B so quickly.The youths have come in better then the majority of senior players and that combined with instant first team experience has helped them develop.So far,there is only Athletic interested in him from higher divisions as well as a host of Segunda Division B teams.

Tactic Master - Thanks Anything is possible but I'm not sure as there are only five teams including us fighting for the last two playoff spots but hopefully we can do it.

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - February 2016

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    Only the three games in February due to our match against Racing being postponed twice due to waterlogged pitch and then International call ups.In a surprising twist,we were actually better then the opposition team and fully deserved the win against Gimnastic and that is something that hasn't happened too often this season.The game against can be described as mediocre,wasn't really exciting as both teams rather give the ball to each other,luckily we had our shooting boots on as this claimed a vital three points against Peurtollano.The stats don't normally lie and what it says about our result against Tenerife is that we were extremely lucky to walk out with a point from that game.

We are one point off a playoff spot as we head into March,we do have a busy March as we have six games to play.The six games in clude,the two of the three bottom teams,a mid table side and three of the top five so I won't be holding my breath too much as March will probably make or break our season.The best thing about March will be coming up soon and that is a look at the next crop of youth candidates in which we now have good Junior Coaching as well as Basic youth facilities which is much better then when we first started.

Last edited by B.W.G; 26-03-2012 at 23:42.

Amateur

Great career! Really enjoyed reading it. You shouldn't be scared of promotion, even if you go back to Liga Adelante, the finances will be improved and you'll be able to invest in youth coaching. Wish you luck! And just one advice, for me at least it will be more interesting if you post all of your 11 titular players at the end of the season.

Amateur

Incredible progression through the leagues so far mate, this next intake could give you the player you need for a proper push at promotion.

Youth Team

Great movement so far. Playoffs is a real possibility and would a nice achievement. Even if you don't get promoted, Proto is right, next year will be great for growth and financial advancement.

Still got a good chance of making the play-off's.

Third Team

Proto Tarkula - Thanks With what you just said,it does make sense to go for promotion an not be scared.I actually like the idea of showing my regular 11 players so I will start it at the end of this season.

arinceo - Thanks fella,not too far off next the youth candidate day so we will see what we get.I'm hoping for a DR and a decent backup for GK but think I'll take anything at the moment.

Cerud - Thanks It is a possibility but we will need to play to our fullest as I know we could get promotion,as for next season I don't care what division I'm in as I will give it my best shot in whatever situation we are in.

SRL88 - I honestly thought we blew it as we have had a poor March but other teams around us have done the same so we are still in with a shout.

Reserves

Sooo close in the playoff race!

Third Team

We've dropped off the pace while going for 5th so 6th looks best bet.The only problem is that between 6th and 12th place,there are only 6 points separating the side,we are in 7th one point behind 6th!

Third Team

Youth Candidate Day has arrived,the best rated of them is a MC from Luxembourg of all places but will give screenshots after 9 PM as I've got to go places.

Reserves

Well, the Basque country is reknowned for its big Luxemburgher community

Third Team

It will be in the future,keep him till he retires from playing then hopefully he'll become a coach at the club which will help influence the Youth Candidate days

Third Team

Youth Candidate Day

Welcome to C.D. Vitoria's 5th annual Youth Candidate Day,this year we have our first ever foreigner to come through and is the leading star of the team.

The star of the show,hailing from Strassen,Luxembourg....Daniel Reuter!

Introducing my Assistants pick of the candidates,hailing from Vitoria,Spain.....Unai Zurro

Overview
    I am signalling these two out as they are the best of the best in the Youth Candidate squad.Reuter has the potential to be a good La Liga player while Zurro has the potential to be a leading La Liga Player so these are definitely the best picks.Although Lekue,Valencia and Azpiroz have high potential,according to my ass man,there potential is limited to Liga Adelante.I feel they have been regarded at 5* and 3.5* PA due to our expectation of fighting relegation while Reuter and Zurro will far surpass them.

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - March 2016

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    I'll keep the first two games of the month short and sweet.....Terrible and we didn't even deserve to score!Bodipo was the hero in the game against Villarreal "B" as his double secured victory in a tight affair.Iker Sola doesn't like being overshadowed so he decided to get a brace against a better "B" team as he knocked in two against Barcelona "B" in a frantic 2-2 draw.The game against Murica could have gone either way but I think a draw was the fair result as both teams didn't really deserve to leave.LAst game of March saw us take on 5th place Almeria,we made them battle and in the end,it was our superior finishing which won us the game as we scored 3 from 4 on target.

Valladolid are in the final playoff spot of 6th place,one point ahead of us.The first game of April is a home game against.....Valladolid,I could not have asked for a more intense start to the month!I probably have the worst run in with eleven games to go as we face three of the top 6 and five of the top 9.I think this is officially squeaky bum time!

Last edited by B.W.G; 27-03-2012 at 01:15.

Youth Team

Not a bad youth intake!

Part-Timer

Holy crap, Daniel is amazing.

You are getting some great regens.

Third Team

It was quite a good youth intake but at the moment Basque and Spanish youngsters are really coming through.

There are 7 players from the Basque region in the Spain u19 team.Also from the u19 team there are the next Xavi (Three of them!),Fernando Hierro,Victor Valdes,Josep Guardiola,Sergio,David Albelda and Diego Lopez

The Spanish u21 team consists of 3 players from the Basque region.As for the touted as the next *insert random name*,there are Fernando Torres,Adier Del Horno,Manuel Alumina,Miguel Angel Nadal,Fran,Juanito and Rafael Gordillo.It also has two wonderkids,one of which is from the Basque region and playing for Athletic Bilbao!

So it will be tough for any Spanish youngster in the future!

Third Team

He is but I have mixed feelings about him.My main aim was to concentrate on bringing Basque youngsters through but I wasn't expecting a foreigner to show up in the youth team!I'll probably feel less guilty in 2420 days time when he can claim Spanish citizenship!

They are great for this level but I feel that over half the ones in my first team would not be able to make the step up to Liga BBVA standard.

Amateur

Wow I wish some of my players at Ruggell were as good as that! Good luck against the Valladolid, should be a great match

Third Team

Give it a few years then you should start seeing results,we're up to Good Junior Coaching as well as Adequate facilities so that is helping but also Spain seems to receiving a lot of high potential youth.Daniel Garai is the best Spanish regen while Ignacio Izurza is the best 16 year old in the country.

As for the match against Valladolid,I don't know whether to be angry or frustrated.We were winning 2-1 and into the dying minutes of the game,we then go and concede an equalizer,in the fourth minute of injury time via a own goal!

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - April 2016

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    Only positive highlight in the month was the 2-0 victory over Leganes where Iker Sola scored his 29th goal of the season.We end the month in 9th place,five behind 6th place but there are still seven games left to play.Overall I will sum the month up like this....

Last edited by B.W.G; 27-03-2012 at 12:26.

Amateur

Just read up on your career. Fantastic job, I'm really impressed at how you keep doing much better then is expected!

Reserves

There's always next year, eh?

Third Team

cswalk08 - Thanks I think that's because of the unity of the team,just bringing through the youth team does not disrupt harmony as much and doesn't really effect the tactics.It also helps to scout the next opposition and tweak tactics if necessary.

deltablue - It's not over till it's over,I'm just surprised it was our finishing which let us down.

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - May/June 2016

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    May was absolutely sensational,six games unbeaten,21 goals scored and got ourselves back into 6th place in the table and in the final playoff spot.One game left which was at the start of June,against 17th placed Eibar,we then chocked and lost the match,other results went against us and we lost out on head to head record.I am actually gutted but I said it's not over till it's over and we fought to the very end and at least we can claim the crown of Liga Adelante's greatest entertainers!

MAR was absolutely unstoppable scoring 7 in the last seven which even surpassed Sola's impressive tally of 6 goals in last seven games.If any positive comes from those last seven games,it will be that this squad will be fighting for promotion in the near future.I reckon by the end of the 2017/18 season,we should be fighting amongst the top teams in the league.

Last edited by B.W.G; 27-03-2012 at 17:48.

Third Team

Good News

Quite a big stadium as well as it will hold 15,500 which is massive compared to our 900!

Bad News
    The idiotic chairman decided not to take a loan out

Ugly News

I don't know where the got the figure £6.2 million from but when I checked the finances,it said £5.9 million.

Youth Team

Gutting in the league! Hope you don't go into administration, a points deduction will do you no favours.

Semi Pro

I think the term is good luck?

Third Team

It was quite gutting but next season will be our season (Not liking that,sound too much like a Liverpool fan )

We won't go into administration,my chairman is probably regarded as a tax evader!

With that injection we have increased Youth Recruitment (Now at basic level),increased Junior Coaching (Now at Excellent level) and we're having another Youth Facility upgrade.

Part-Timer

Don't get me wrong but it was probably better this way since you get another season to develop your youngsters and have a better fighting chance on BBVA, you will surely go up next season

Great news about the Stadium!

Part-Timer

Been following this for a while and I'm delighted that you got a player from where I live (not my nationality, but still)! Seeing a Luxembourger who could easily become good enough for La Liga is great.

Amazing progress you've made in so few seasons and the club is growing quite fast as well. How many spectators will the new stadium hold?

Third Team

I was doing it for the money but your side does make a lot of sense as well,think I will aim for a playoff spot next season and maybe promotion the year after as that will work out to be two seasons which is when I move into the new stadium.

It is and 15,500 is an impressive amount to start with,it could possibly have numerous expansions to over 30,000 which would be quite good for a club of our stature.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Romanista1994 View Post
    Been following this for a while and I'm delighted that you got a player from where I live (not my nationality, but still)! Seeing a Luxembourger who could easily become good enough for La Liga is great.

Amazing progress you've made in so few seasons and the club is growing quite fast as well. How many spectators will the new stadium hold?
    He looks like he is going to be amazing as his potential has been upped to leading Liga BBVA player,he has been attracting interest from Villarreal,Malaga and Real Madrid!

New stadium will hold 15,500 to start off with and will probably have room for expansions.

EDIT:Talking of Daniel Reuter,he actually earned his first u21 cap at the age of 15!
    Last edited by B.W.G; 27-03-2012 at 17:30.

Amateur

Unluckey Just missing out on the playoffs :/
    I think youll do wayy better next season because your team will be one year older

Third Team

Was a tough break and I agree with you on that we should be able to do better next season as we are older.

Reserves

Missing the playoffs was perhaps a blessing in disguise. Another year at the adelante level would do wonders for you to prepare for the top flight.

Third Team

I get the feeling it was,we really need to work on our defence.Even though we conceded 70,it wasn't even close to Villarreal "B" conceding 117 goals.I feel the attacking force is good enough even though we need backups for upfront.

Part-Timer

Speaking of Villarreal B, do you actually have a B team? Maybe in the future could it get promoted to Tercera from reputation?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    I get the feeling it was,we really need to work on our defence.Even though we conceded 70,it wasn't even close to Villarreal "B" conceding 117 goals.I feel the attacking force is good enough even though we need backups for upfront.
    Yeah that would be the most worrying part of your challenge to Liga BBVA, you can't survive if you're allowing 70 goals at adelante already. Perhaps some defenders in the next youth intake would do the trick, with the luck you have been having so far. ;)

Third Team

Coentrao - We don't have a "B" so will look to get a Basque feeder team to send some players out on loan.

rancer890 - They do have the potential so they will get better but considering my back like had 4 players under 18 it was more of a learning experience for them!Now you said that,I will get World Class Strikers and Goalkeeper just to spite us by you saying and me wanting it

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - End of Season - 2015/16

Competitions
    Liga Adelante
    League Table
    Well considering it was our first season in Liga Adelante,we did very well and kept it entertaining for the fans and as well as the neutrals.We also were the top scorers in the league as well as having the tenth worse defence so people with heart problems better stay away.With having such a young squad,they can only get better.Considering we missed out on head to head record,things are looking up for us as our youngsters will get better and we could be able to claim a playoff spot in the next two seasons.The highlight of the season was beating the Champs Racing on their own ground but lets not mention the game where they came to us.

Cope del Rey
    Third Round
    Iker Sola basically destroyed Eibar with a hat-trick in the 2nd round as we won 4-1.We were drawn against Almeria in the 3rd round,the fact that it took Almeria into extra time to get rid of us shows how poor their finishing was.They dominated the game but needed extra time to beat us,a Gai Assulin brace is what inflicted the defeat on us.We are showing improvements so maybe we can reach the two legged ties in the future.

Players,Stats and Awards
    Team Stats - Best XI 2015/16 - Overall Best XI

GK - Jose Zubillaga - 44 appearances,73 conceded,4 Clean Sheets - Was his first full season playing for the club and due to being so young I will let him off for his performances as he will get better as he gets older.Has shown flashes of his potential,if he can fulfil that potential then he can become a key figure at the club.

DR - Iker Lekumberri - 43 Appearances,0 Goals,0 Assists - The grandad of the team at 29.He is the weakspot of the team but has been kept in the first team due to noone being capable of challenging for the DR spot until now.This was probably his last season of playing regular first team action due to an hot prospect of a DR coming through.Will be an okay backup in the future until we get good enough backup.The clubs leading appearance maker with 207.

DC - Ricardo Sanramaria - 42 Appearaces,6 Goals,4 Assists - A solid season and is continuing to improve which can only be good for the future.He is probably the best player in the team at the moment and will be able to play in Liga BBVA.He has become one of the Spanish u19 trio along with Romero and Sola.Looking forward to how much he can improve.

DC - Rodolfo Bodipo - 43 Appearances,6 Goals,1 Assist - Again,another youngster playing his first full season with the team,won't start making any judgement on him till the end of next season.Still not picked what nation to play for,not even represented any of the nations at u19 level.

DL - Ignacio Romero - 42 Appearances,4 Goal,2 Assists - Another player who had his first full season with the club.I won't be too harsh on him as he is only 17 so will get better with age.

MC - Angel Diez - 44 Appearances,3 Goals,5 Assists - The club captain at 20 and will be the oldest player in the starting XI next season.Didn't have the best of seasons this past season but he will improve in seasons to come as he comes up to the standard of the league.Easily has 7 years left till he hits his prime so there is still some improvement left in him.Already racked up 184 appearances for the club,could easily make 500+ for the club.

MC - Eriz Uranga - 35 Appearances,3 Goals,6 Assists - Had a disrupted season due to a few niggling injuries one of which kept him out for seven weeks.When he did play,he did really as he was the one normally starting the movements.His progress did stall a bit but if he can keep injury free then there is no reason why he cannot succeed in Liga Adelante.

AMR - Miguel Angel Rodriguez - 44 Appearances,12 Goals,11 Assists - Now labelled the next Josep Guardiola which is quite weird because I'm sure Guardiola was a defensive midfielder.Had an excellent first full season with the club in which he finished the season on fire,although the most displeasing thing for me was that he was overlooked for the u19 Euro Championships as he deserved a place for his performances.He is only 17 and isn't even close to reaching his peak so it is exciting times ahead.

AML - Unai Gurrutxaga - 41 Appearances,5 Goals,31 Assists - Topped the assist chart with 31 which smashed the club record and he also smashed the Liga Adelante as all his assists came in the league.Will miss the start of next season due to injury but hopefully he can recapture some of the form he has shown this season.

ST - Carlos Goni - 44 Appearances,16 Goals,17 Assists - Another solid season for the youngster,he didn't do too bad but he was outshone by Iker Sola.He is still very young so he can improve,already has 55 goals for Vitoria so only needs 45 to hit a century so give him three seasons to get that in!

ST - Iker Sola - 43 Appearances,35 Goals,7 Assists - Absolutely fantastic season overall,won Maximo Goleador del ano Award for most league goals during the season as he hit 31 goals.To top off his fantastic season he won Fans Player of the Year.He is now regarded as a Favoured Personnel so yet another person who beats me to the list!

Overview
    It was an absolutely sensational season as well as gutting at the same time but to finish 7th in our first season can be classified as a gigantic success.We still have a very young squad which can only get better as they get older.Our average attendance was only above 900 because we were sharing a stadium for the first half of the season.Our attacking was impressive but we need to work on our defence more as that is probably what let us down in the long run but I can't be too negative afterall we are the Liga Adelante's self pro-claimed entertainers!

There is alot things going on in the future,we are having a new stadium built which will hold 15,500 and will be called Vitoria Stadium.We have had our Youth Recruitment upped which is not at a basic level,the Junior Coaching has been upped and is now rated as Excellent and finally we are having a Youth facility upgrade which will upgrade to Adequate hopefully but I'm not sure what the next level is.Whatever the case,the future is quite bright for us with all this going on and it will be interesting to see where we are the end of the next season.

Code:
    Season        Division            League       Cup       Continental      Avg.Att              Notes
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12    Tercera Div.Grp 4       2nd         N/A           N/A            418              Promoted!  
    2012/13    Segunda Division B3     9th         N/A           N/A            646              Survival!
    2013/14    Segunda Division B2     9th         N/A           N/A            712          Copa RFEF Runner Up
    2014/15    Segunda Division B3     3rd        1st Rnd        N/A            827          Won Promotion Playoff!
    2015/16     Liga Adelante          7th        3rd Rnd        N/A           1487        Self-Proclaimed Entertainers
    Last edited by B.W.G; 28-03-2012 at 11:40.

Amateur

Brilliant season, B.W.G! So close to playoffs Hope that next year you'll make it. And some of your players look great, I really like Santamaria, Diez, MAR, Goni and Sola! Do you use Goni as a target man?

Third Team

Thanks I know,it gives us better experience though so roll on next season where we may be able to gatecrash the playoffs.I don't use Goni as a target man,I use a 4-2-4 using classic tactics.You can add Zubillaga to that list for me as he is dubbed the next Manuel Alumina

Team Instructions

Goni Instructions

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - Pre-Season - 2016/17
    Overview - Facilities - Board Overview - Expectations

Pre-Season Fixtures

The Team
    Team Report - Tactics

Key Players
    Jose Zubillaga - GK
    Has gotten better since the start of last season,he has also been dubbed the new Manuel Alumina which I'm not too sure is a good thing.He did concede a lot of goals last season but as it was his first full season and he was 16,he will only get better with age.If he performs better then last season then I will have no problems what so ever.

Ricardo Santamaria - DC,DM
    Another solid season off the youngster and in which he became an u19 international for Spain which shows he does have some talent.He made the step up quite easily last season and all I can do is hope for continuous improvement off him.Probably one of a few players who would not be out of his depth in Liga BBVA,has been quite surprising that no bigger clubs have been in for him so that is encouraging for us.

Miguel Angel Rodriguez - AMC,AMR
    Had a slow start to last season but finished with a massive bang as he scored seven in seven which was more impressive then the strikers conversion for the last seven games.He has been labelled the next Josep Guardiola which is kind of weird because I'm sure Guardiola was a defensive midfielder while MAR is attack minded.He carried on his end of season form into pre-season so I will be hoping he can carry on this form into the new season.

Iker Sola - AMC,ST
    Last seasons top scorer with 35 goals in 43 appearances,he has progressed a lot faster then Carlos Goni and is now rated as the best ST in the team.Not expecting him to pull off the same performances as he did last so I will be happy with 20 goals from him.He is one of three players who have been capped at u19 level for Spain so he does have talent.Didn't play during pre-season as I wanted to try some of the fringe players.

Overview
    Quite a few players left during pre-season so we are now down to 46 players altogether.Generally we are fine in all positions but we are starting to look like in the MC position and ST positions,out of 46 we have 5 players who can play in ST which is quite worrying as only three of them are and will be any good.We looked pretty solid in pre-season and we managed to defend quite well which was the worrying part of last season.We've upgraded Youth Recruitment,Junior Coaching and Youth facilities so hopefully we can start getting better backups through from a wider area.

We have two games in August to start off with,we are up against Eibar first and I will want to do very well against them as they are the team we choked against in the last game of the season so I will want to get revenge.The other game is away to Getafe which will be tough as usual but could be a good game to see how we will fair in the season.As for the media preiction,we are predicted 22nd and last with odds of 5000-1 for the fifth season running.I think the media should just give up on their hobs,if I've not been relegated in any of the seasons where they predicted relegation for me,why will I make this one any different!Even though we have done a season in Liga Adelante,we are still regarded as a Local club and have 0.5* reputation so will want a good cup run to see if that will help matters.

Last edited by B.W.G; 28-03-2012 at 15:16.

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - August 2016

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    Was a good start,we got revenge over Eibar for last season and we gave a good showing against Getafe.My only worry is that Iker Sola has not scored yet but I'm sure that will change in the near future hopefully.We're sitting in mid-table but it's the start of the season and our defence is much improved on last season while our attack is probably be around the same.We could have got a draw against Getafe but they have a striker who will could do a job for lower Liba BBVA teams so there is still the quality difference but at least we were not beaten too bad.

September will be a mixed month for teams we face so all months are looking the same so none should be too easy or too difficult.September will also bring the Copa del Rey competition back and we have home advantage as we face Rayo in the 2nd round so will be looking to progress in that.We also have them in the league at home as well so I will be looking to give them two headaches in the space of a week!

Last edited by B.W.G; 28-03-2012 at 23:50.

Solid pre-season there.

Youth Team

Great news on the stadium front! Although, a 15000 capacity is certainly on the optimistic side considering your current average attendance!!

Banned

Wow... Just wow! From a 900 to a 15,500 seater stadium! That is some jump!

Third Team

SRL88 - Thanks

AK22 - It is indeed.To be honest I'm not sure how many we could possibly have,our current stadium holds 900 but when they were installing seats last season we were playing in a 4000 (2500) seated stadium which we actually sold out a couple of times so who knows how many will watch us when it opens.

Tactic Master - It is quite a jump,it's 17 times bigger then our current stadium so it may help with income in the long term.

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - September 2016

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    We were unbeaten in September which is a good thing but it was also frustrating with the way we were playing in the games against Rayo as we easily could have won them all.Even though we drew with Rayo twice,we took the victory on a penalty shoot out which was brilliant and as somewhat of an a reward,we will face Liga BBVA side Osasuna.I was grateful for the draw against Gimmastic as we could only muster a whole two shots in 90 minutes.The game against Murica was a turning point and it was the game where Iker Sola ended his goal drought of 13 hours!Another victory this time against Tenerife lets us leave the month on a high.

Due to Castilla being a "B" team,we actually occupy the last playoff spot but a lot can change over 36 games and hopefully we can maintain a place and after seeing how we have played so far,there is no reason why we can't.October holds a momentous occasion as we will face a Liga BBVA side for the first time under my management.I am also hoping we can pick up maybe six or seven points which will be a massive help in the league.Also maybe Sola getting a hat-trick or two would be very nice as well!

Last edited by B.W.G; 29-03-2012 at 11:50.

Third Team

Copa del Rey 3rd round and against a Liga BBVA side in Osasuna,this is one of my proudest moments in managing Vitoria!

As a reward for beating Osasuna,we will now face the 2015 Copa del Rey winners!

Amateur

Absolutely great win against Osasuna! Congratulations!

Great win over Osasuna .

Reserves

Interesting that the league table is reflecting Castilla not being able to go up.

Third Team

Proto Tarkula and SRL88 - Thanks Roll on the next round!

deltablue - Castilla won't be able to go up,they are Real Madrid's "B" team otherwise known as Real Madrid Castilla.

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - October 2016

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    If one thing has been made clear to me this month,it's that opposition teams don't underestimate us and are a lot more cautious which is making it quite difficult to actually score,on the plus side we're not really conceding many either so I feel pretty confident we will concede less then 70 goals in the league this season.I collected eight points which can be considered a very good tally but it wasn't till the end of the month that I realised how close it was,we're in 8th place with 19 points but are 2 points behind 2nd place which is quite crazy.

I thought beating Osasuna would be the highlight of the month but the first leg of the 4th round bring us the result of Vitoria 2-1 Sevilla!I know we have another leg against them but it is still a remarkable achievement considering our stature.November will be a tough month for us,we have the 2nd leg to play,the league leaders and third place so this will probably help define our season.

Last edited by B.W.G; 29-03-2012 at 23:18.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post

deltablue - Castilla won't be able to go up,they are Real Madrid's "B" team otherwise known as Real Madrid Castilla.
    I know, just remarking that the table is actually showing that by giving 7th the playoff spot shading instead of where they are, which is interesting to see. Didn't realize the game did that.

Amateur

Solid start to the season. Sensational results against Osasuna and Sevilla! That is also an extremely close league, 2 points between 2nd and 8th...

You're going along quite nicely.

Youth Team

Not a bad season so far. I like how the game removes Castilla from the playoff spot as well. Nice touch.

Amateur

Beat up on Sevilla!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    I know, just remarking that the table is actually showing that by giving 7th the playoff spot shading instead of where they are, which is interesting to see. Didn't realize the game did that.
    It is a nice touch,it's the first time I've seen it as well as I don't normally play in leagues where a "B" team is in the league.

scarman - Thanks They were pretty impressive,if I can string a few wins together in the league then maybe we can take advantage of the situation.

SRL88 - Cheers fella

cerud - Lets hope I don't end up from suffering second season syndrome.It is a nice touch so well done SI.

cswalk08 - It was a complete freak result,they got their own back as they won the 2nd leg 1-0 to knock us out on away goals!

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga Adelante - November 2016

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    Impressed with a draw against Alaves as we avoided being added to the list of the defeated as we equalized late on.Sevilla knocked us out of the Copa del Rey on away goals,it makes us seem a lot better then we actually were as were well and truly dominated.The game against Numancia was a joke,we were without six first teamers due to international commitments and it was a very weakened side and we still managed to put a goal past them,if we had a full strength side then we would have beat them.Disappointed with the draw against strugglers Ponferradina as we did more then enough to claim victory.The game against Recreativo was a huge sigh of relief as we returned to being the team I new we could be and Goni ended his goal drought in spectacular fashion!

We are just outside the playoff zone after what I can only describe as a torrid month so that is pleasing in itself.We only have three games in December,the most important of these is against Almeria as a win will see us go above them and give us advantage against them on head to head record.Other games are Castilla and Levante which hopefully I can pick up a couple of points in the process.Without the cup distraction,hopefully we can kick it up a notch in the league and I'm hoping Sola can pick up his form.

Last edited by B.W.G; 31-03-2012 at 10:06.

Reserves

Well you're showing that the first season was no fluke. Keep on winning!

Third Team

I thought it was a fluke as we were struggling in the league earlier in the season but going out the cup as turned out to be a blessing in disguise,I'm pretty sure Almeria and Castilla don't want to face us again anytime soon

You're having a great season and put up an excellent fight against Sevilla.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast