One Day We'll Basque In Glory!

B.W.G

Due to runtime errors on my last save,my new save will focus on one club.

I only have the Spanish Leagues down to Tercera Division loaded on a large Database which has 33,000 players loaded.Updates will be done on a monthly basis.

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Basque-ing%20in%20Glory/CDVitorua.jpg[/img]"]CDVitorua.jpg

My aim is to take Club Deportivo Vitoria to glory,to make this more challenging,I'll be doing so under Giving Youth a Chance rules so I won't be signing anyone

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Information on the Club

Club Deportivo Vitoria is a football team based in Vitoria-Gasteiz, in the autonomous community of Basque Country. Founded in 1945. Its stadium is Betoño, with a capacity of 1,000 seats. (Courtesy of Wikipedia)

The Sports Club is a historic Vitoria football the city of Vitoria-Gasteiz (Álava). was founded in 1945 and has played mostly in regional categories, despite having promoted several times to Third Division. In some of those seasons coincided with the main equipment of the city, Deportivo Alaves, leading to clashes of great rivalry. In 1963, he lost the category and it was not until 2007 when it rose again to the Third Division, where he could only stay one year. In season 2010/2011, the Vitoria becomes the only team to not lose a single game all categories of domestic football and get a new promotion to Division Three. (Courtesy of the club's Website)

End Of Season Updates

2011/12 - Tercera Division Group 4-Pais Vasco

2012/13 - Segunda Division B3

2013/14 - Segunda Division B2

2014/15 - Segunda Division B3

2015/16 - Liga Adelante

2016/17 - Liga Adelante

2017/18 - Liga BBVA

2018/19 - Liga BBVA

2019/20 - Liga BBVA

2020/21 - Liga BBVA

2021/22 - Liga BBVA

2022/23 - Liga BBVA

2023/24 - Liga BBVA

2024/25 - Liga BBVA

2025/26 - Liga BBVA

2026/27 - Liga BBVA

2027/28 - Liga BBVA

2028/29 - Liga BBVA

2029/30 - Liga BBVA

100 Appearances

Player                     Year       Position        Appearances       Goals/Clean Sheets 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jose Zubillaga           2014-           GK              852                 421
Iker Sola                2013-         AMC/ST            813                 1436
Ignacio Romero           2014-          DC/DL            786                  27
Miguel Angel Rodriguez   2014-         AMR/AMC           762                 248
Rodolfo Bodipo           2014-           DC              755                  72
Ricardo Santamaria       2013-          DM/MC            711                  45
Daniel Reuter            2015-           MC              647                 185
Inigo Santos             2016-2027      DRC              476                   6
Unai Gurrutxaga          2013-2028      AML              467                  90
Javier Barandiaran       2014-2025      DC/DL            414                  16
Angelo Roman             2019-           DLC             406                   8
Eriz Uranga              2012-2025      DM/MC            373                  17
Markel Aranburu          2017-           MC              365                  72
Sergio Perez             2020-          ML/AML           310                  92
Carlos Goni              2012-2021     AMC/ST            304                 100
Eneko Santos             2020-          MC/AMC           266                  64
Angel Diez               2011-2027      MC/AMC           246                  32
Yon Extebarria           2023-           DR              246                   0
Unai Zurro               2015-2024       DR              237                   0
Iker Lekumberri          2011-2017      DC/DR            227                  31
Ander Diez               2019-         AML/ST            225                 156
Aitor Iturri             2016-2029       ST              218                  82
Edorta Aguirre           2011-2015     AMC/AMRL          155                  25
Andreas Savvidis         2023-         DR/DL/DC          154                   5
Mikel Bengoetxea         2011-2016       GK              152                  46
Angel Ugalde             2011-2015       DL              150                   1
Javier Alastuey          2011-2016       DC              141                   8
Inaki Salinas            2011-2017       DR              134                   0
Inaki Aguirre            2022-          DR/DC            127                   1
Josu Costa               2011-2015      DM/MC            122                   4
Iker Ayechu              2014-2026      M/AMRC           105                  11
Miguel Angel Izurza      2011-2015       DR              104                   2

100 Club

Entant        Player                     Year       Position        Appearances       Goals/Clean Sheets/Assists 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  1.        Iker Sola                 2013-          AMC/ST            813             1436 (Goals),208 (Assists)
  2.      Unai Gurrutxaga             2013-2028       AML              467                  225 (Assists)
  3.    Miguel Angel Rodriguez        2014-          AMR/AMC           762            554 (Assists),248 (Goals)
  4.      Jose Zubillaga              2014-           GK               852                  421 (Clean Sheets)
  5.       Carlos Goni                2012-2021      AMC/ST            304                  100 (Goals)
  6.      Daniel Reuter               2015-           MC               647            185 (Goals),170 (Assists)
  7.      Sergio Perez                2020-          ML/AML            310                  332 (Assists)
  8.     Markel Aranburu              2017-           MC               365                  151 (Assists)
  9.    Ricardo Santamaria            2013-          DM/MC             711                  112 (Assists)
 10.       Ander Diez                 2019-         AML/ST             225                  156 (Goals)
 11.      Eneko Santos                2020-          MC/AMC            266                  108 (Assists)

JackJCFC - Thanks :D I have played to similar rules before but normally in smaller nations or attempted to in England so will be interesting to see how I cut it in Spain!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Tercera Division Group 4-Pais Vasco - Pre-Season - 2011/12

Board Overview - Finances - Competition Expectations

Pre-Season Fixtures

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Basque-ing%20in%20Glory/CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures.png[/img]"]CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures.png

Wow,I managed to lose to our u19 team!The 2nd defeat was down to giving the players an extended break so I used u19's.The 5-0 was very harsh,we were pretty evenly matched but they were assassins when in front of our goal.Pleased with the victories,especially with the one against La Gineta as they play in the same tier football as us but in a different group (Group 18).

The Team

Team Report - Tactics

Key Players

Mikel Bengoetxea - GK

Our number one choice keeper by a long distance so will be looking at for him to play to his best to help us ensure survival.He will give our fans heart attacks galore with his rushing out and eccentricity but I am confident he will perform for us.Conceded 8 goals in 6 games during pre-season so I can say he didn't do too bad.

Iker Lekumberri - DC,DR

Defence is one of our stronger positions but he is the stand out performer at both DC and DR.DC is his natural position but I can rotate him between the two dependent on the form of others.He can head,mark and tackle and has quite good physicals so I am more then confident he can perform to the necessary standard to help keep the opposition at bay.Played five of the games during pre-season and averaged at 6.74 so he performed very well.

David Diez Vega - ST

Best Striker in the team,and the best player in the team.He may not look the best technically but he will work for the team and chase down defenders.His preferred striking role is as Advanced Forward.Has some good physicals so I am hoping he can outrun some of the opposition,he is the oldest player in the team at 28 so will be hoping he will eventually be a player/coach at the club to give the backroom a bit of support.Played four times during pre-season,scoring one goal and providing one assist so did quite well.I am hoping he will score around 15 goals this season.

Overview

With playing under Give Youth a Chance rules,pre-season went very quickly.With regards to pre-season fixtures,we were pretty consistent as we won three and lost three even if we did lose to the u19 team!My aim is to avoid relegation this season as the media prediction is 20th while we are 200-1 to win the title.Looking at the rules,the top four will qualify for a promotion playoff.I'd settle for 18th place then working up from there,although I am confident we can survive after our pre-season victory over Group 18 side La Gineta.Let the journey to the top begin!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Tercera Division Group 4-Pais Vasco - August 2011

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-1.png

Table

TerceraDivisinGrupoIV-PasVascoOverview_Stages.png

Manager Thoughts

Just the one game for August and what a brilliant start,a win and a clean sheet which puts us in 4th and a playoff spot,only if the domestic season was over!All I can say is that it's three points less I need of my target of forty points for this season which should give us survival.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Tercera Division Group 4-Pais Vasco - September 2011

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-2.png

Table

TerceraDivisinGrupoIV-PasVascoOverview_Stages-1.png

Manager's Thoughts

Tough month for us but that is to be expected from the relegation favourites.The loss to Leioa was a well deserved defeat,the loss to Zarautz was controversial as their goal had a hint of offside.We were lucky to get a point from the Arenas Club as we played very poorly,we performed heroically against Baskonia and was grateful for the three points.We're currently in eleventh after five games with seven points which I feel is more then acceptable.At this point in time,I am most looking forward to youth candidate day as my current midfielders are just about average at best!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Tercera Division Group 4-Pais Vasco - October 2011

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-3.png

League Table

TerceraDivisinGrupoIV-PasVascoOverview_Stages-2.png

Manager's Thoughts

First and most improtantly,we managed to put two victories together in the league!We were much better then Beasain so it was a fair result.The result against Cultural Durango was a cruel blow to them as we were evenly matched throughout the game.Santurtzi were rather unlucky with the fact that they somehow only managed to do us 3-1 as we were that poor.As for the last game of October,we were at home to the media favourites Barakaldo.In a shocker,we played them off the park and won them 4-0,this game will definitely be my highlight of the season.

We've been hit with two suspensions for straight red cards which both were given extended bans,we've also had a few niggly injuries which have given me a headache when it comes to picking the squad as the overall team is not that good.On the plus side,we have actually faced the top three teams already so we should start getting a few more points hopefully.I'm going for 24 points which should get us survival and we have 28 games to get them so I feel pretty confident.

Sure is a funny way of spelling october you have there. Can tell you were thinking of bed when you typed that one out ;).

I think relegation is out of the question (can you actually get relegated from that league?) if you can keep the form up. Starting to look like promotion candidates instead of relegation.

Was definitely thinking of bed at that time in the morning :D

Can get relegated,it's just the bottom two who are relegated so at this moment in time it will be Hernani as they've just sold one of their key DC's!At the moment we're one point behind the promotion playoff places,I'd probably be higher up if we had decent midfielders as that is most definitely our weakest area.

craigswfc - Thanks :D

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Tercera Division Group 4-Pais Vasco - November 2011

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-4.png

League Table

TerceraDivisinGrupoIV-PasVascoOverview_Stages-3.png

Manager's Thoughts

The game against Lagun Onak saw superior finishing from us to claim victory,we then faced relegation battlers Santutxu who made it a battle to a very end but we scraped victory even if a draw would have been a fair result.We did surprisingly well against Laudio,if you take out the possession stats then it was a pretty even match,was also a positive result as they are one of the top teams,the match also drew it's biggest crowd to our ground as 430 people attended.Game against Hernani was straight forward as they are really struggling,they are my definite picks for relegation,we had already scored four before they had a man sent off so even that couldn't have affected the result!

We're in third place,quite a bit above the relegation places,I'm not expecting to keep this up but morale is high so who knows.We've now faced the top teams and the bottom teams so all we've have left is the majority of middle teams to complete the first half of the season.December will certainly be a bit more tricky as we are facing mid-table sides who we are similar to,hopefully we can get through it okay so morale won't be affected too much.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Tercera Division Group 4-Pais Vasco - December 2011

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-5.png

League Table

TerceraDivisinGrupoIV-PasVascoOverview_Stages-4.png

Manager's Thoughts

We finish 2011 in second place and this month I owe it all to my now number one striker Pirri who scored five goal in 3 appearances this month taking his tally to an impressive ten goals in fourteen appearances.We destroyed Zalla 5-1 against a mid-table side as well,drew 2-2 with Elgoibar which annoyed me as we were 2-0 up in 7 minutes then switched off for the rest of the match.Our game against Alaves "B" saw a biggest attendance of 624 in a game we just edged.Roll on 2012!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Tercera Division Group 4-Pais Vasco - January 2012

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-6.png

League Table

TerceraDivisinGrupoIV-PasVascoOverview_Stages-5.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well that was definitely a tough start to 2012!Lucky to get out with a draw against Eibar "B" and both defeats were right as we were outplayed in both games so I can accept that.The victory against Leioa was just what we needed,up against another team who can be dubbed as promotion candidates and we outplayed them to my joy.3-0 was a fair result and was a huge relief to get three points on the board after a poor run.Even when losing,we will still scoring which shows we have become more deadly over the last few months.Hopefully now we can go on a more positive run to try an stay in the top four.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Tercera Division Group 4-Pais Vasco - February 2012

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-7.png

TerceraDivisinGrupoIV-PasVascoOverview_Stages-6.png

Manager's Thoughts

Business has picked up after a poor month in January,our first game of the month I was grateful to escape with a point has we were outplayed for practically the whole match.The games against Arenas Club and Baskonia games showed our brilliance as we recorded two 3-0 victories which helped keep up the pace with the leaders in the league.The 2-2 draw against Beasain saw us play extremely poorly,we took a two goal lead inside twenty one minutes and after that we were pretty much non existent so I am not happy with this performance what so ever and we need to improve.

We have thirteen games left of the regular season and it is a very close battle to secure a top four spot which will see us get a promotion playoff spot.The plus side is that we do have the easier run in but we will need to play to our fullest to ensure as we are sitting in 4th but we are only one point ahead of 5th and three ahead of 6th so it is too close for my liking.

Welcome to Club Deportivo Vitoria's first Youth Candidate selection under my managment.

This is how they look

CDVitoriaYouthCandidatesSquad_Players.png

With Angel Diez being the undisputed star of the show

ngelDezOverview_Profile.png

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Tercera Division Group 4-Pais Vasco - March 2012

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-8.png

League Table

TerceraDivisinGrupoIV-PasVascoOverview_Stages-7.png

Manager's Thoughts

Eight games left to play and it's still pretty close so I am declaring it squeaky bum time but I must be one of the favourites to get a playoff place now surely!Started our month off with a pretty pleasing 2-0 win against Cultural Durango which affected their morale and have now slipped off the pace.No complaints with the defeat to Barakaldo as we were never really at the races so I be happy with only losing 2-0!We were the better finishes as we scored two of our three shots on target against Santurtzi while they couldn't even muster a shot on target to begin with!We just edged the game against Portugalete so 3-1 may flatter us just a bit.All I can say about our 5-2 win against Lagun Onak is heroic performance.

I feel there is no catching first place and we still have to face them in April so not looking forward to that match but other then that we have a really good shot at a playoff spot but we have to make sure that we get the needed results as Leioa are not out of the running yet,it could be a very nervy finish.On a very bright note,we are the top scorers in the league and we now have had a decent MC come through the ranks so things are starting to look bright at this level.

My expectations have sky rocketed,I am looking for a promotion playoff spot as there is now absolutely no reason why we can't do so,we probably have the easier run in till the end of the 38 games so that helps as well.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Tercera Division Group 4-Pais Vasco - April 2012

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-9.png

League Table

TerceraDivisinGrupoIV-PasVascoOverview_Stages-8.png

Manager's Thoughts

Three pleasing performances but one star player who has impressed this month.16 Year old Angel Diez has already shown his quality in the division by knocking in two hat-tricks,this kid has shown that he is a bit special and I hope there is more to come from him!As for the results,we dominated the two struggling sides of Santutxu and practically relegated Hernani scoring 9 goals in the two games.The game which was sandwiched between was against the league leaders,my only feeling from that game was relief as they dominated the majority of the match but could not finish their chances off so we escaped with a point!

Five games left till the normal season is over and we sit in second with a nine point gap between us and fifth so we are in a strong position to claim a playoff spot.We still need two victories to guarantee a playoff spot and our next fixtures are against mid-table sides so it is definitely doable.Another pleasing thing about our performances is that we are still the highest goal scorers in the league so I know at least I'm giving our fans entertainment in the process.

hrbfcrule - Thanks :D He is indeed,I'm really interested in how good he will eventually be as I've never had a youth player start at 5 stars before!

City2000 - Thanks :D It's got even nicer as we've just claimed a promotion playoff spot!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Tercera Division Group 4-Pais Vasco - May 2012

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-10.png

League Table

TerceraDivisinGrupoIV-PasVascoOverview_Stages-9.png

Manager's Thoughts

A win,a draw and a loss....at least I can say we were pretty even regarding results then!The loss against Zalla hurt,it was a very even match and it was an own goal which settled it.Another even game against Elgoibar saw our superior finishing hand us the victory with a 2-0 victory which didn't quite give us a playoff spot.The game at Alaves "B" saw us play in front of 1,642 people in which it was a tight entertaining affair which I can say 1-1 was a fair result and it was a result that saw us cement a place in the Promotion Playoffs!

We have two regular games left in the league against Eibar "B" and Gernika,I really do want to win both just to keep morale up for when we go into the playoffs even if it does mean risking players to injuries and suspensions.We've also under gone a takeover but it's a fan's trust so even if it's successful,I doubt we will be given any money to improve the facilities.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Tercera Division Group 4-Pais Vasco - June 2012

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-11.png

League Table

TerceraDivisinGrupoIV-PasVascoOverview_Stages-10.png

Manager's Thoughts

YES YES YES WOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I am absolutely delighted to win promotion to Segunda Division B,I won the last two games in the league like I said I wanted too which kept morale raised and gave us a second placed finish in the league.We were drawn against Anguiano who finished 3rd in their group,the final score of 2-1 doesn't the whole story as we dominanted the majority of the game so we deserved to progress to the final.In the final we faced Izarra who also finished 3rd in their group,the first half was of nothing to see here,move along.The second half saw us take a two goal lead and in which we are the masters of blowing two goals leads,did so again as they scored an equalizer in the 91st minute.Extra time was frantic but we took the lead but the still came at us and there was never a better time for Alastuey to get his first goal for the club to kill them off and gain us promotion.

In other news,Laudio,Portugalete and Zamudio all failed to get past the Playoff semi-final to leave Club Deportivo Vitoria as the only side to get promoted from Group 4!A full end of season update will follow shortly.

SRL88 - Thanks :D Diez is that good,he is even rated at 5* in Segunda B3 although that will be with avoiding relegation expectations!

Dexter_Morgan - Thanks :D Glad you've enjoyed it so far.

In response to your response....Already had some glory....being the only team out of group 4 to get promoted as well as leading them to their first ever season in Segunda Division :p

Thanks :D He certainly does look it,still young as well and is currently rated at 5* CA,the only bad thing about it is that the reports don't tell you what he could be in the future.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Tercera Division Group 4-Pais Vasco - End of Season

No Transfers made due to Give Youth a Chance Rules.

Competitions

Tercera Division

League Table - Playoff Semi-Final - Playoff Final

An absolutely incredible season topped off with promotion after victory in the playoffs,not bad for a team predicted to finish 20th by the media!We had a solid season in the league even though we couldn't quite catch top place but due to keeping morale up,we made it look simpler then it actually was.There were too many highlights to pick from the performance in the league but the one that probably just edges it is the 4-0 victory over Barakaldo in October as they were predicted 1st by the media compared to our prediction of 20th!The semi-final,was a lot more one sided then the scored suggested and we were unlucky it wasn't a bigger win then 2-1.The final saw literally no action in the first half,the second half saw us blow yet another two goal lead and to make it worse,one was an injury time equalizer!Extra time was quite frantic and they still attacked after we took the lead but there can never be a better time to score your first goal for the club as when Alastuey did!

Players,Stats and Awards

A quick look at the team's End of Season stats.

Edorta Aguirre

He was the undoubted star of the season as he topped the scoring chart with 15 goals as well as topping the assist chart with 15 from 40 games.They are quite remarkable stats as he didn't get suspended nor was he injured.He performed brilliantly throughout the season as he scored an average rating of 7.34,he can play on either wing which showed it's usefulness during the season.His performances saw him pick up Fans Player of the Year.

Pirri

Was the clubs second top scorer hitting 12 goals in 27 appearances which also included an eleven hour goal drought so still quite impressive from a player who started out as our number two choice striker.He averaged at 7.09 which I think is a bit unfair has he scored vital goals for us as well as scoring in more games which shows his goals were spread out in stead of bunched together.He is another player who should be able to make the step up to the next level.

Miguel Angel Izurza

Came 2nd in the assist chart with 13 from 36 appearances,he missed four games through injury which may have cost him top spot in the assist chart.He was one of the best performers during the season as he averaged at 7.21 which was very good.Not bad for someone who plays at right back,should be able to make the step up next season.

Special Mention - Angel Diez

This kid came through the clubs youth system and was already better then any other MC at the club so was signed and drafted straight to the first team.Made his debut and then ten days later,he scores a hat-trick so what a start to life at the club.What I need to do is get him signed to a long term contract as he will be a key figure for us in the coming seasons.

Overview

I achieved what I though would be impossible at the start of the season and gained promotion at first time of asking,to make it even more sweeter,the other three teams who finished in the playoff spots were knocked out in the semi-finals!The team has really settled to my tactics and played some fantastic football during the course of the season as well as giving the fans entertainment as we ended up as the top scorers in the league.Another bright point was the emergence of Angel Diez,the 16 year old slotted into the first team without any troubles and appears to have a bright future ahead of him.He has took up a MC position which was by far the weakest area so we are at least looking stronger overall.

With regards to the future,I have signed a new deal which lasts till 2015 and by that time,I hope to have the club secure in Segunda Division B3.The Fan's trust takeover has failed but the current chairman has nicely increased our Junior Coaching budget which is a nice start and gives a better chance of youngsters breaking the first team earlier,hopefully we'll get taken over by someone with a bit of money to improve the facilities as well.Not too bothered about a new stadium yet as we are not even filling out our 900 seater yet but I expect we could do so in a higher league.

Season        Division            League       Cup       Continental      Avg.Att          Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Tercera Div.Grp 4       2nd         N/A           N/A            418           Promoted 

Archived