+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 901 to 1,000 of 1507

Thread: One Day We'll Basque In Glory!

Youth Team

Ontario...nobody cares about that province. And especially no one cares about Toronto. Right rancer? ;)

Amateur

I think I'd get bored watching a player in real life scoring that often The lower league fan in me emerges, I love a good rubbish team...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Scarman - Cheers fella I'm afraid the best Australia can do are Jimmy Mackenzie and Joshua Baartz.They are that much better then your next lot of players.
    Baartz is pretty good, but not in the same quality as Karaga

Still doing insanely well

Third Team

cerud - Now now....play nice,they're the sole reason why Canada are half decent on my save.British Columbia have produced a bit of talent but Vancouver has produced zero

I'm also a bit mad you got first post on page 10 as I was going to use that for a major announcement regarding my youth Candidates :mad: ;)

alexcharliemann - Don't think it will ever happen so don't worry We were rubbish......once!

Scarman - Cheers fella!I know,Australia has been hit pretty hard for talent and are having to rely on a lot of real players and any regens coming through tend to be playing in New Zealand's league system!
    Last edited by B.W.G; 21-06-2012 at 00:30. Reason: Grammar error

Amateur

Of course the Americans have crap management XD
    Thanks for posting the screenshots!

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - Youth Candidate Day 2024

The Candidates

The Hot Prospects
    1. Oscar Etxebarria - The Ass. Man's pick
    2. Yon Etxebarria
    3. Andreas Savvidis - The second pure foreigner to come through (Reuter is the first!)

Manager's Thoughts
    With regards to defence,this has been a good candidate day as I only needed a decent keeper.Oscar is that good at a young age he is already regarded as the third choice keeper but I only have four anyway!Yon look like he will be good right back in the future but we are that short at the moment nationally,I will take anything!As for Savvidis,not had a good defender who can use both his feet so he will be very useful in the future,I also noted he is the 2nd pure breed foreigner to come through the system.I'm not entirely sure at how foreigners like that can come through,maybe the Youth Recruitment is starting to pay off.

An interesting thing to note is that there are three Extebarria's at the club including me.The start of my date of birth is 29/09,Oscar is 28/09 and Yon is the 27/09.That to me is quite freaky overall three people with the same surname and born at the end of September!

Also one of them is my son but I will let you guess which one it is.Anyone who guess's right can have a cookie.

Last edited by B.W.G; 09-07-2012 at 12:51.

Amateur

Trick question, they are your twins.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by cswalk08 View Post
    Of course the Americans have crap management XD
    Thanks for posting the screenshots!
    Don't worry,they will be good one day,it has to be the U.S.A turn eventually.Mexico and Canada can't hog all the talent

Part of me has to route for the U.S.A,my great-great-great Gran was from Frankford but I'm not sure which one has the 1911 census only says Frankford,America!

Third Team

Wrong,can't be twins as there is a day separating them!

Edit:Actually is possible but they're not twins!

Amateur

Maybe not one was born at 23.59 pm the other is born 00.01 am

Third Team

I know,I edited it as I remember the twins I went to school with.The girl was born 20th October at 23.45,the lad was born literally seconds after 00.00 on 21st October.Was funny listening to her boss her brother round as she was older then him

Amateur
    A journeyman currently at Szolnoki (Hungary)

I've just caught up with this. Glad to see you finally picked up that Champions League trophy last season.

And I too bow down to the brilliance that is Iker Sola.

Third Team

Cheers fella

He's that good,he makes me bow down as well and I'm the manager

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by buzz2k7 View Post
    Maybe not one was born at 23.59 pm the other is born 00.01 am
    precisely what I meant

Reserves

Oscar. Because maybe the ass man would want to please you to say your son has the most potential out of this intake.

Youth Team

A great intake, a few potential gems there.

Amateur

Because Rancer said Oscar, I'll say Yon Just so both are picked

And train up the Cypriot, make him into a world beater!

Third Team

Sorry Rancer but my ass man lives up to being an ass It is Yon but I am worried that he has a short temper.

JackJCFC - That's is the best w've had in the last few years.Just need more attackers coming through to make it even!

Scarman - Good guess,luck is on your side!The Cypriot should become quite good,I'd easily have him the Spain u19s so Cyprus have got quite a talent on their hands.

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - March 2024

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    With regards to the Champions League,we beat Twente 4-0 in the 2nd leg to record a 8-1 on agg victory,that easily could have been double figures if we finished our chances properly,this has also set up a tasty Quarter Final tie with Real Madrid with the winner going on to face Inter Milan or Man City in which I hope it's the latter.

The league saw us beat Sevilla 3-0 in which should have been more but for finishing,We destroyed Espanyol 8-2,the funny thing about this was Sola was sent off after 33 minutes so I took off Santamaria and put on Diez who also got two in the match!Sola got a three game ban and we did miss him against Real but we put in a brave performance and stole the points.We didn't have any trouble against Deportivo and Almeria in which the major highlights were Angelo Roman scoring a cracker against Almeria as well as Diez's hat-trick against Deportivo.

April sees two games against Real in the CL as well as two games against Barcelona with one of those being the Copa del Rey final.The league sees us face Barcelona and At.Madrid as our toughest games but we also face Betis who still haven't secured a win and have only got 9 games to do so!Sola scored 8 in 4 for the month and was banned for the rest so that wasn't too bad,he is on 117 in 43 games for the season.He is fully rested so good luck to Real Madrid who we face first in April!

Last edited by B.W.G; 21-06-2012 at 22:34.

Amateur

Is it me or is sola starting to get suspended alot :S ?

Third Team

That basically sums Sola up,scores a lot and gets banned a lot.In 11 seasons (roughly including this season),he has 9 red cards and 123 yellow cards.He once got 23 yellow cards and 3 reds in one season.Sola is basically a more prolific Balotelli

Reserves

You must be a proud dad.

Third Team

I am indeed,he's made a fantastic start to life in the u19's,he's made 4 appearances and even has a goal

That basically sums Sola up,scores a lot and gets banned a lot.In 11 seasons (roughly including this season),he has 9 red cards and 123 yellow cards.He once got 23 yellow cards and 3 reds in one season.Sola is basically a more prolific Balotelli
    The wonders.....

Youth Team

That's awesom that you have a son! Never had that before.

Reserves

Do you need to be at a club for ages or something, as I've never had one, but the other example I can recall is FMAnderson's popular thread about it a couple of years ago (and he got a stadium named after him) so I was just wondering if there was a connection.

Third Team

Think it's extremely rare,read somewhere it was something like a 1 in 10,000 chance.I've not actually got a stadium named after me,still at the good old Vitoria Stadium.This is the first time I've had on in any CM/FM since I started playing them in 99!

Reserves

Think it's extremely rare,read somewhere it was something like a 1 in 10,000 chance.I've not actually got a stadium named after me,still at the good old Vitoria Stadium.This is the first time I've had on in any CM/FM since I started playing them in 99!
    I got one in FM09. Patrick.

You're son is talented which you should definitely be proud about. Some have mentioned that they have a son but they're crap.

Third Team

You should be proud as well,not only did you have a son but he was capped by his country as well Thanks god for a bit of luck,all I need is a personal stadium which is a decent size and I should be set

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - April 2024

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    Sola came back with a bang as he put Real Madrid to the sword in both legs as we went through 3-1 on agg but he did pick up a booking in the 2nd leg which ruled him out of the 1st leg of the Semi-final clash with Inter Milan.In the end we didn't need him as we put Inter to the Sword as we won 4-0 which put us in a fantastic position going into the 2nd leg.If we are to progress to the final then we will face Arsenal or Tottenham.

In the league,we basically finished things off.Beat Granada 7-1 after having Aranburu sent off after 9 minutes for two bookable offences!Destroyed the useless Betis 8-0 and they now have to finish with the lowest points total in Liga BBVA since the start of the save,we drew with Athletic which was a massive disappointment as we did enough to actually win the game but I guess it wasn't to be.Don't think I could have asked for a better way to clinch the title then by beating Barcelona 4-1,we absolutely dominated them start to finish and the winning margin could have been a lot bigger than three.Finished the month off by beating At.Madrid to carry on our domination over Madrid in general.

May bring's the Champions League semi-final second leg which we are in a brilliant position to reach our second CL final.We have a tricky tie against Barcelona in the Copa del Rey final,we may have beat them in the league but that means nothing in a final.The league I am not bothered about,we can win all our remaining games as Valencia is the most difficult of the ties we have left.Sola is now on 133 goals in 51 appearances and with the teams we have to face,I am expecting him to get to 140!

Last edited by B.W.G; 26-06-2012 at 12:51.

Nice, League title in the bag, and a Chapions league final apperanc almost secured.

133 goals

Youth Team

Great work in the league, winning it at a canter in the end. Good win over Madrid in the CL too, hope you can win it!

Third Team

TheGreatTraveler - Cheers fella,we lost the battle but I won the war against Inter.We lost 1-0 but went through 4-1 on agg Sola isn't normal,he got 4 against Getafe and now has 137 goals for the season!

JackJCFC - Thanks We're into the final where we will face your nemesis......Arsenal.....they are currently 7th in the Premier League and make the final of the Champions League.

Third Team

Right May is over and I am pleased to say that we completed a clean sweep.We out Barcelona'd Barcelona in the Copa del Rey final and I finally got one over Arsenal as we won the CL 2-1

All that will be covered in the end of season update.I will be looking to get the build up for Euro 2024 and Euro 2024 update done next.

Youth Team

Right May is over and I am pleased to say that we completed a clean sweep.We out Barcelona'd Barcelona in the Copa del Rey final and I finally got one over Arsenal as we won the CL 2-1

All that will be covered in the end of season update.I will be looking to get the build up for Euro 2024 and Euro 2024 update done next.
    Congrats on the clean sweep. Good to see you got one over on Arsenal too

Reserves

Yay, take that Arsenal!

Youth Team

I think I want Sola tested for performance enhancing drugs!!

Reserves

I want him tested for performance inhibiting drugs!

Third Team

Thanks guys

Don't worry Sola is straight edge.He doesn't drink,doesn't smoke and doesn't do drugs.Being straight edge means he is better then us

Also he is chipped so if he does anything wrong then he gets shocked!

Third Team

Spain - The wait till Euro 2024 is over!

The Chosen Ones

Code:
    Goalkeepers - Jose Zubillaga (Vitoria),David De Gea (Man Utd),Josep (Barcelona)

Defenders - Inigo Santos (Vitoria),Ignacio Romero (Vitoria),Rodolfo Bodipo (Vitoria),Marcos Ruiz (Man City),Juan Jose Leal (Juventus),David (Porto),Angel Del Rio (Barcelona)

Midfield - Francisco Gala (Barcelona),Markel Aranburu (Vitoria),Daniel Garai (Athletic),Miguel Angel Rodriguez (Vitoria),Ruben Hernandez (Real Madrid),Sergio Perez (Vitoria),
    Aaron Alvarez Alvarez (Tottenham),Juan (Juventus),Unai Gurrutxaga (Vitoria)

Forwards - Sergio Cardenas (Barcelona),Iker Sola (Vitoria),Ivan Vazquez (Valencia),Tomas (At.Madrid.)

Fixtures

Manager's Thoughts
    We've done what we can in the build up to the tournament and I am mighty relieved that we finally get some competitive fixtures as friendlies bore the hell out of me.We generally have a good squad with nine of the team coming from Vitoria,while the others are mainly youngsters who are impressing for the clubs.The fullback positions are a concern as of now but they will be sorted in the future with talent coming through the numerous youth systems.We should be able to get to the latter stages of Euro 2024.

If we are to succeed then it will be mainly relying on Sola as I do at club level,he only needs two goals to reach 60 for Spain but we tend to do better in competitive fixtures.We have a strong midfield with exception to the left wing as I had no choice but to use my own two wingers as no other club actually has Spanish left wingers so I had no choice but to select mine.Lets hope I don't crack under pressure as we are the hosts to the tournament.

Last edited by B.W.G; 03-07-2012 at 17:39.

Amateur

I think the real winner at the Euro's will be the team that concedes the least to Sola

Third Team

So that's the Netherlands then,we beat them 3-1 but Sola didn't score,he then went on to bag a hat-trick against Ireland

I just wanted to post this .

Reserves

Bad luck of the Irish.

Third Team

SRL88 - That is brilliant

deltablue - They had no luck of the Irish,they finished 3rd in the group and qualified.In the 2nd round they only got drawn against us!We beat them 5-0 with Sola getting another hat-trick and we're now on to face France in the Quarter-Final.

Reserves

You faced them in both the group stage and 2nd round? That doesn't sound right.

Third Team

I know,I'm not entirely sure how this whole format works from Euro 2016.I know the top two teams go through and then it's a number of 3rd place teams after that.Not even sure how the draw would work for that.

Youth Team

Good luck at the Euros- I'm sure you'll beat France!

Third Team

Cheers fella,we did beat France with a very difficult 2-1 victory.We face England in the semi-final with the winners facing Germany.My plan is to ruin any chance of the old rivals meeting up

Third Team

Spain - Euro 2024

Group Stages

Code:
                        Group A                                             Group B                 
                      P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts                                  P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
    1st Italy         3  3  0  0  8  1   9                  1st Spain        3  3  0  0  13 1   9
    2nd England       3  2  0  1  6  2   6                  2nd Netherlands  3  1  1  1  4  4   4
    3rd Greece        3  1  0  2  4  7   3                  3rd Ireland      3  1  1  1  3  5   4
    4th Bulgaria      3  0  0  3  3  10  0                  4th Hungary      3  0  0  3  1  11  0

Group C                                             Group D
                      P  W  D  L  F  A  PTS                                  P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
    1st Wales         3  1  2  0  3  2   5                  1st Ukraine      3  1  2  0  5  2   5
    2nd Scotland      3  1  1  1  2  2   4                  2nd Czech Rep    3  1  2  0  4  3   5
    3rd France        3  0  3  0  2  2   3                  3rd Romania      3  1  1  1  7  9   4
    4th Switzerland   3  0  2  1  1  2   2                  4th Turkey       3  0  1  2  3  5   1

Group E                                             Group F
                      P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts                                  P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
    1st Croatia       3  3  0  0  5  1   9                  1st Poland       3  1  2  0  3  1   5
    2nd Russia        3  2  0  1  5  1   6                  2nd Germany      3  1  2  0  1  0   5
    3rd Serbia        3  1  0  2  2  3   3                  3rd Denmark      3  1  1  1  3  2   4
    4th Motenegro     3  0  0  3  2  9   0                  4th Sweden       3  0  1  2  0  4   1

Knockout Stages

Manager's Thoughts
    We started off the tournament with a bang and it pretty much ended with a wimper.We eased through the group stage with a 100% record while knocking in 13 goals in the process.In the 2nd round we were drawn against Ireland which I didn't think was possible unless draw is random,we did better against them then we did in the group stage as we won 5-0 with Sola getting a hat-trick.

We had a tricky tie against France in the quarter final which was made harder by the ref,we went 2-0 up with ease then the controversial decisions started,we had a goal ruled out for a "foul",had Aranburu sent straight off for what should have been a bookable offence then he France scored from an offside position,thankfully we held on to mover to the semi-final.We were against England in the semi-finals and we gave a real Jekyll and Hyde performance,brilliant in the first half and terrible in the 2nd but a Sola double was more then enough to send us through.

We were a minute away from losing the final against Germany when Perez popped up and scored in the 3rd minute of injury time to take it to extra time.Extra time was more exciting than normal time but we couldn't finish our chances to win it so it went to penalties.We held our nerve and won 3-2 on penalties but the penalties were really poor,there were five penalties from fourteen converted!

Sola was the top scorer with 15 which set a new Euro Championship record,this also puts him on 73 goals in 47 caps which puts him 1 goal behind Torres's record of 74 goals for Spain so he is 99% likely to break it by the end of the year!

Amateur

Congratz on winnin the euros now bring the world cup

Youth Team

Good job on the Euros! You're right, it definitely began with a bang! Stunning group qualification!

Youth Team

Congrats on the euros, looks like a close run thing in the end.

Reserves

Great from start to finish.

Third Team

Thanks guys

Don't worry buzz2k7,that is definitely on the agenda but we have the small matter of the Confederation Cup in 2025 as well as qualifying for the World Cup

Amateur

Well done in the Euros and another fantastic year with Vitoria! How much is Sola listed as worth?

Third Team

He's listed at £36.5 million or in FM 12 U.S dollars... $58 million! I'm also very tight when it comes to wages,Sola only earns £47k a week

Amateur

47 k a week?! the stars of today could learn a thing or two from him

Amateur

Very good performance at the Euro's

Third Team

buzz2k7 - Lets hope he never nearly crashes his car if he hears he is only getting a small pay rise

Scarman - Thanks fella

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - End of Season 2023/24

2023/24 Transfers
    To show that I am following the rules by not signing players from other clubs.Not much done really,those who left the club permanently were never going to make it.Loaned Azpiroz out again for the same fee to the same club,he is a good backup but with my players rarely getting injured,I felt loaning him would be for the best.Azpiroz has actually generated us £1.5 million in fees from loans so he has done quite well in my opinion!

Competitons
    Liga BBVA
    League Table
    I failed at one of things I wanted to do and that was to go the season unbeaten,the team who ruined it was Barcelona as we lost 3-1 to them in December.We drew with Osasuna and Basque rivals Athletic.We set a new record for points and goals with the latter probably be never beaten by anyone.Sola showed his scoring abilities by scoring 86 league goals.As a team we scored 8 goals in one game twice,7 goals in a game once and 6 goals in a game unbelievable nine times!Not a single team really threatened us as At.Madrid didn't gel quickly enough,Real sold their best player to Man Utd and Barcelona were adapting to new ways under a new manager who hasn't got much time left as they appointed another manager who was over 60!The biggest shock was Betis getting two wins and two draws in their last 4 games,(one of the wins was against Real Madrid!) to avoid becoming the worst team ever to play in Liga BBVA by two points!

Champions League
    Winners
    Just total annihilation came from us competing in the Champions League,we finished top of the group with a 5-0-1 record,we lost to Inter 3-2 but that didn't matter.We scored 31 goals just in the group stages with the biggest win being 9-0 against Zurich.We had Twente in the Knockout round and they were no match for us as we beat them 8-1 on agg.We were given Real Madrid in the quarter final,how we came out with only a 3-1 agg victory is beyond me as we dominated them in both times.The semi-final saw us up against the only team to get something against us in the CL in Inter Milan,we destroyed them 4-0 in the first leg and that was without Sola playing!We lost 1-0 in the 2nd but it was more then enough to see us go through with relative ease.The final if we had lost it,I'd be demanding goal line technology,we had had balled cleared off the line no less the 4 times during the game,this was probably the easiest 2-1 victory I'll ever record.This victory confirmed three things,first being sola is unstoppable,2nd being we finally ended our Arsenal hoodoo and 3rd is that London clubs have now failed twice in a CL final at Luzhniki.

Club World Cup
    Winners
    This was easier then winning the Euro Super Cup against Sevilla,we beat Al-Ahly in the semi-final 9-0 in which Sola got 6.We then faced Velez who I would thought be more difficult but no,Sola destroyed them by himself as he hit 7 in the 8-1 win.Surprisingly this wasn't Velez's heaviest defeat in the CWC final as they lost 9-0 to Man Utd in 2019!Sola scored 13 in 2 games to show there is no team in the World who can stop him.

Copa del Rey
    Winners
    This was a lot easier then I actually expected it to be,we beat Ferrol 13-1 on agg in the 4th round.We were drawn against Real in the 5th round which I thought would be a very hard challenge but no we disposed of them 7-0 over two legs.Quarter finals saw us face At.Madrid and I made a decision of playing most of my 2nd XI and we disposed of them 3-1 on agg.We had a easier semi final against Zaragoza,I decided to play most of my 2nd XI but they did let me down a bit and especially in the 2nd leg but we still went through 4-1.As for the final,Barcelona didn't know what hit them.As you can see,we destroyed them from start to finish,my only problem was our finishing as well as Santos getting sent off for the third time in the season!

European Super Cup
    Winners
    The Europa League winners just couldn't cope and were lucky that it didn't hit double figures,I was disappointed we took the foot off the gas in the 2nd half but 6-1 was still a really good scoreline,Sola top scorer hitting three goals as well as the post.

Supercopa
    Winners
    They were more a threat then Deportivo were a season before but that doesn't even say a lot as our 2ns XI beat them 4-1 in the first leg before our main team finished them off in the 2nd leg to give us a 6-1 victory.

Players,Stats and Awards
    Best XI 23/24 - Overall Best XI

A quick look at the Players Stats!

Iker Sola
    Noone will be surprised by the revelation that Sola was top scorer as he hit 150 goals in 57 appearances.His performances saw him land absolutely every award possible barring the ones MAR and Aranburu won.There isn't a striker close to his ability who can play up front on his own like he can do.He broke the record for league goals with 86,20 in Cup Competitions and absolutely destroyed Continental Competitions as he netted 44 in 15 games.He even scored 30 in 15 international appearances which would have take his overall tally to 180 goals in 72 appearances!The scary thing is that he is only 25 so he can possibly play till around 33/34which will give many defenders and goalies nightmares for years to come!

Miguel Angel Rodriguez
    To absolutely nobodies surprise,MAR topped the assist chart with 65!That isn't only a record for the Club and FM12 but also on any FM as my previous best was 62 on FM11!He assists,he scores and there is literally no more then I can ask him to do!He played 55 times,scored 22 and provided 65 assists while averaging at 8.24 for the season.His performances saw him land Jugador Espanol del ano in a Vitoria 1-2-3 ahead of Aranburu and Perez.He still has about two years to his peak but he should be able to keep going into his 30's as he doesn't really have any major challenge to his position.

Markel Aranburu
    My assistant manager now rates him as the best MC in which I think he is showing bias as I believe Reuter is.Never the less,Aranburu is definitely in the top two MCS for the club,made 54 appearances this season,scoring 15 times and providing 28 assists which was a brilliant return.His performances saw him pick up Jugador joven del ano in what was a Vitoria 1-2-3 as Perez came 2nd while Roman came 3rd.

Special Mention - Sergio Perez
    This youngster has gone and taken over the spot of Unai Gurrutxaga in the AML,he's normally been a back up but when Gurrutxaga got injured at the start of the season,Perez took the opportunity by both hands and it was next to impossible to find a reason to drop him.He has more caps at International level then I would like but we got such a shortage of wingers that I actually had no choice but to call him up.Played 49 times and scored 11 goals and provided 28 assists while averaging at 7.89 which was pretty brilliant for him.He is one of two youngsters (other being Angelo Roman) to have usurped the old guard.I would also like to take this opportunity to laugh at Athletic Bilbao scouts for failing to pick him up,Perez was born in Bilbao but cam through our system,not bad considering most of the team come from Vitoria!

Overview
    Now how can I top this season,we won everything in style and I have very little left to achieve with Vitoria,we are the 4th biggest team in the World behind Arsenal,Bayern Munich and the number one team.....Real Madrid.If we can repeat the feats of this season then I see no reason why we can't move up the board into the top three or possibly even higher.My stadium cannot be expanded any more so it is a case of waiting for a new one which will probably be around 2035 if I've done my maths right.It was a brilliant season and we practically owe it to Sola who scored 150 goals,there will never be a more deadly lone striker.

It's took me a long time to do this report as I have actually been considering my future,I have a contract till 2027 which will see a lot of plyers at their peak but I have the English leagues loaded and I have seen something really scary,Liverpool languishing in League 2!It's the end of the 23/24 season,there is no way they should be down there.I was actually contemplating doing to them what I've done to Vitoria so far,only in Liverpool's case it would be restoring them to glory.I do feel that I have unfinished business as I want to get Sola to as near 1000 goals as possible and needs 442 goals to do so if you include international goals under my management.

Code:
    Season        Division            League       Cup       Continental      Avg.Att              Notes
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12    Tercera Div.Grp 4       2nd         N/A           N/A            418              Promoted!  
    2012/13    Segunda Division B3     9th         N/A           N/A            646              Survival!
    2013/14    Segunda Division B2     9th         N/A           N/A            712          Copa RFEF Runner Up
    2014/15    Segunda Division B3     3rd        1st Rnd        N/A            827          Won Promotion Playoff!
    2015/16     Liga Adelante          7th        3rd Rnd        N/A           1487        Self-Proclaimed Entertainers
    2016/17     Liga Adelante          2nd        4th Rnd        N/A            900              Promoted!
    2017/18      Liga BBVA            12th        5th Rnd        N/A            900              Survival!
    2018/19      Liga BBVA             5th        5th Rnd        N/A          11771        Europa League Qualification! 
    2019/20      Liga BBVA             6th        WINNERS      Quarters       11343            Won a trophy! 
    2020/21      Liga BBVA             1st         Semis       WINNERS        11838             Won Double!
    2021/22      Liga BBVA             1st        WINNERS       Semis         17450           Domestic Double!
    2022/23      Liga BBVA             1st        WINNERS      WINNNRS        23066             Won Treble!
    2023/24      Liga BBVA             1st        WINNERS      WINNERS        28854            Clean Sweep!
    Last edited by B.W.G; 27-06-2012 at 11:40.

Third Team

Iker Sola - The race to 1000

Code:
    Season          Apps      Goals     Av.R
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2013/14           9          5       7.07
    2014/15          45         12       6.90
    2015/16          43         35       7.48
    2016/17          39         13       6.94
    2017/18          36         20       7.15
    2018/19          24         15       7.33
    2019/20          51         29       7.27
    2020/21          59         49       7.46
    2021/22          58         78       8.11
    2022/23          55         106      8.57
    2023/24          57         150      9.00

International    47         73

TOTAL           523         558
    He needs 442 goals to reach the 1000 goal mark and he is 25 so it is going to be a close run thing unless he can reproduce his form in the last two seasons which should help.If he scores around 60 goals for the next 8 seasons then he will definitely get it but he still has two seasons roughly till he hits his peak.We will know better in a couple of seasons time whether he will actually hit the mark but I will keep playing him till he retires.At Spanish level,he needs one got to equal the Spainish goal scoring record and two to beat it,the holder is Fernando Torres with 74 goals!With the group I have for World Cup qualifying,there is no way he won't finish 2024 being the all time top scorer for Spain!

Amateur

Let's go Sola!!

Youth Team

150 goals split that between 6 different players you you still probably have league leaders

Third Team

The guy is unstoppable and will probably reach the 600 career goal mark in less then half a season.I can't expect too much off him though as he is now one of the old heads of the team

Amateur

I think he will get 1000 goals before his 30s

Third Team

No pressure then,needs 100 goals minimum per season as well as some international goals to make he sure gets it done then

Youth Team

Average rating of 9.00 for a season is just insane.

Another brilliant season. Well done.

Third Team

JackJCFC - The guy is insane from top to bottom.He was bald at 15,he is a dangerous as Balotelli when it comes to doing stupid stuff,he is the most prolific goal scorer I've ever had and he just terrorises anyone he plays against!

SRL88 - Cheers fella Still want that unbeaten season though

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - Pre-Season 2024/25
    Overview - Facilities - Boardroom Overview - Expectations - Finances

Pre-Season Fixtures

Not much to say here,we won these fixtures with ease,to make things sound even better,the friendlies didn't even feature Sola who will be 100% fit ready for the seasons opener.

The Team
    Team Report - Tactics

Key Players
    Jose Zubillaga
    Ignacio Romero
    Daniel Reuter
    Iker Sola
    Just the one change to who I have dubbed as my key players,I've taken Rodriguez out and put Reuter in as most of our attacks actually start with Reuter,so he not only starts attacks but he can provide assists as well as score and will more then likely be the next entrant into the '100 Club' as he needs 5 goals to reach 100,also needs 21 assists to get to 100 as well.The rest of them are they best in the positions and will do what they always do and that is play to their best.

Overview
    All there is to do is to carry on as we do,the main objective is to go unbeaten in the league to claim the tag 'invincibles' as we have never done that and that is the only thing to do.Our youth facilities are being upgraded as due to technological advances,it originally downgraded but the board agreed to upgrade them straight away.We've had under soil heating installed which is weird considering I've never had a game postponed at Vitoria Stadium.Maybe when a new stadium is built,I may get a roof!With only using youth players,it has helped build funds up which currently stands at £140 million and will probably increase as the seasons progresses so that will help in the future.

Still got three years left on my contract and that will see most of the players hitting their peak which will get me started on bringing the next lot through the system to keep things going.Perez and Roman are the youngest in the teams but we have very good defensive youngsters coming through,hopefully we will get some attacking youngsters through in the next couple of seasons and that will keep us going with ease till 2035!The last interesting thing to note,we've had Reuter capped by Luxembourg,Roman capped by Canada and now last season hot prospect Andreas Savvidis has been capped by Cyprus at the age of 16 years and 239 days!Let this season go off with a bang by beating Barcelona in the Supercopa!

Last edited by B.W.G; 28-06-2012 at 11:55.

Reserves

I doubt he'll have much trouble getting 1000.
    Last edited by deltablue; 27-06-2012 at 14:29.

Amateur

Ha! Philadelphia scored on you! Feel the power of the Union! Oh....you scored 6?.....crap. Nevermind

Third Team

deltablue - I think your right with that,even Barcelona could't cope with him in the Supercopa,we won 9-0 on agg with Sola getting 7 of them,the only thing stopping him getting more was Josep who is Barca's number one as well as the Spanish number 2!

cswalk08 - To be fair I did go easy on them,Philly scored from their only shot on target from the penalty spot in the 90th minute!If I had played Sola then it would have been double figres no doubt about it.

Amateur

I figured. MLS doesn't seem to progress much relative to big Europeans clubs (not including the edit I use in my career thread), Philly especially. You should make them your feeder club! Send some of your young players to develop over the summer months instead of them doing noting.

Third Team

In other games,I have actually seen Philly win the CWC but I'm guessing that was a freak save.The edit your using is quite brilliant,I played it with Manchester Mavericks.Will try and make Philly my feeder club eventually,might help with the marketing side of things to bring in more income.I guess I could loan some of the younger players out

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - August 2024

Fixtures

League Table

Manager Thoughts
    Well that turned out to be a lot easier then I originally expected.We beat Barcelona 9-0 on agg,we won 4-0 in the first leg after having Perez sent off after 3 minutes!The 2nd leg was too straight forward considering Barcelona fielded a strong team,if it wasn't for the keeper then we could have hit double figures.Valencia looked like a tough opener as they finished 5th last season,played a match and found they were really poor,Sola scored six while MAR and Reuter both scored from 35 yards out.We were really poor against Schalke and they took the lead but we somehow went in 2-1 up,we then completely dominated the 2nd half with Sola getting his trademark hat-trick.

September is here and there is not much too think of it as Malaga looks to be the most difficult game,we also face Espanyol,Sporting,Celta and Real Sociedad in the league so I'm not exactly too threatened by them.The Champions League has been drawn and we face Bayern Munich,Panathinaikos and Young Boys which should be a straight forward group really,we kick off away to Panathinaikos which is the only CL game in September.

Iker Sola has been on fire hitting 16 goals in 4 appearances at club level while no internationals have been played.He wants a new contract but I've refused so far as he has one till 2028,probably give him one the end of the season with a decent payrise.

Last edited by B.W.G; 29-06-2012 at 12:19.

Reserves

Not the worst of starts to a season.

Third Team

Definitely not,it was frustrating in the first half of the Schalke game as I know they can play so much better.

Third Team

The inevitable has happened with Spain,Sola has become the all time top scorer!

Boy did he do it style and it wasn't San Marino

Last edited by B.W.G; 29-06-2012 at 12:19.

Amateur

So Sola is having an off year?

Third Team

Sola is a one man army,it's the rest of the team letting him down!

In other news I gave full debut's to Oscar and Yon Extebarria in a 5-0 win against Malaga.They both impressed me enormously,Oscar scored a 7.10 in goal and Yon played a 8!They are also both capped by Spain u21!The defence we have coming through can probably be better then the defence we currently with have and Roman will probably the old head in the next gen defence.

Reserves

Well, it was only Torres he had to beat

Third Team

I don't think he is happy at beating Torres's record,he literally wants to destroy it.Sola scored 5 against Bulgaria to take his Spanish tally to 86 in 49 appearances

Youth Team

Sola is a beast. What are you using as a tactic for him?

Amateur

He is on the road to atleast another 100 goals

Third Team

cerud - He is indeed.This is the tactic and player instructions I am using for him.

buzz2k7 - I hope so,the more he gets in the next couple of season,the easier to hit a bigger target.

Youth Team

Only 6 goals for Sola in your first game, think he might be slowing down ;)

Third Team

Only 6 goals!It was Valencia who finished 5th in the league last season.I was more disappointed with him only scoring 3 against Schalke!

Third Team

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - September 2024

Fixtures

League Table

Manager's Thoughts
    Well,that month was easy.We played six games,scored 28 goals and conceded 0.Sola was the main scorer as usual as he scored 19 month (as well as 13 in World Cup Qualifiers which meant he scored 32 in September!).I was that confident I even played Oscar and Yon Extebarria in the games against Malaga and Real Sociedad,if these two play like they did in the games then it is only a matter of time before they barge their way into the first team.The toughest match was against Sporting in which Sola destroyed them.

October brings to really tough games,Real Madrid in the league and Bayern Munich in the Champions League in which I will definitely need to play full strength teams to beat them.We also have a CL game against Young Boys who stunned Bayern Munich in the opening game so we have to be careful.In the league we have Osasuna,Sevilla and Jaen,I reckon we could win all three but we can't get complacent.Sola is the in-form man and is basically dragging this team behind him,he is up to 35 goals in 10 games.If we include his international goals it stands at 48 goals in 12games!.

Last edited by B.W.G; 02-07-2012 at 11:58.

Reserves

I imagine your keeper is redundant.

Amateur

Sola is absolutely unbelievable, best player I've seen anyone have on FM12.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFitz View Post
    Sola is absolutely unbelievable, best player I've seen anyone have on FM12.
    This. Agreed.

Amateur

How many goals did he score at this time last season :P

Excellent start to the season.

Third Team

deltablue - Both of them have been pretty redundant during the games.

AdamFitz and cerud - I would say he is definitely one of the best players I've had on FM12.To top off it off,he only has one attribute at 20 which is agility which is pretty impressive in itself as well.

buzz2k7 - For 24/25,as of 2nd October he has 38 goals in 11 games.In 23/24 at that point he had 30 goals in 10 games so he is just doing better then last season.

SRL88 - Cheers fella

Reserves

Can I see your keeper?

Third Team

1st Choice Keeper - Jose Zubillaga

2nd Choice Keeper - Oscar Exterbarria

A comparison between the two

Reserves

Thanks, just interested as even the best teams need some insurance at the back.

Amateur

Your second choice keeper looks a beast already for 17 years old

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast