Domestic Cups not being taken seriously

Why do big teams in the game not take the FA cup or League cup seriously?

just seen man city beaten by watford 0-7 and arsenal 0-6 at home against ipswich and they both had a load of under 18 players playing and only had 1 player on the bench

it really does my head in and is totally unrealistic especially in the FA cup

anyone know a way to fix it?

It's not just the FA Cup or League Cup. It's seems to be all the domestic cups in game. I've bought this up with SI once around November when I bought 2012, and they acknowledged it. Waited for the post-January patch, and the issue still persists with the 12.2.0 patch. It just ruins the immersion in the game for me.

Very annoying, i think SI toned down the importance because outside England the cups are taken less seriously, but i feel even that is changing with the current holders of the major cups in the top 3 nations being Real Madrid, Man City and Inter Milan

FA Cup really needs to be placed of higher importance, i had a two finals two years in a row against a Tottenham side who finished 1st and 3rd the years before in the league and they were playing squad players and 18 year olds who had never played int he league.

Totally cheapens the occasion and what should be a great achievement when you trounce a top team who should be giving you a hiding.

Well ... the top clubs in England hasn't really taken the league cup very seriously for a long time now, have they? At least not those involved in the Champions League. Arsenal and Wenger is a good example. The FA cup is another matter. But domestic cups in other countries tend to not be seen as important or reputable as the FA cup is in England. With a few exceptions. I think it's fairly common that the clubs involved in the top of the league table, and that is also in a european competition, will take the opportunity to field hot prospects and players that otherwise don't get a lot of match starts.

In the last patch I won the FA Cup with Cardiff first season while in the Championship. In 12.2 I reached the League Cup Semis and FA Cup Final with Southampton first season, my run to the FA Cup Final included knocking out 4 Prem teams, one of which was a 5-1 win away to Chelsea! Bit too easy with Championship clubs.

I'm seriously hoping that SI break from tradition and try and fix this before FM2013 with another patch, but that's wishful thinking.

Home or abroad, this shouldn't be happening in game, I can understand with the League Cup if certain teams are in Europe, but not with the top domestic cup. Be that in England or another country, I know for a fact that the DFB-Pokal (German Cup) is held in high regard, even if it doesn't get much attention here, or as much as the FA Cup does. But it doesn't stop it being a highly sought after prize. The game is so much more fun when you (or you see) a small team knock out out a giant club who aren't playing under-18s.

I just hope this doesn't carry on over into FM13.

Didn't I see something in the patch notes the other day about them fixing this a little bit?

It's true though, clubs should take these cups more seriously. Thankfully in reality in England at least the League and FA Cup are becoming more sought after in recent years.

In the Russian Cup quarter final Rubin Kazan fielded a 14 year old against my team, as well as a whole host of other untried teenagers. When you consider that we'd beaten their first team in the league a couple of weeks before this game, and that their league campaign was more or less dead, it looks even sillier.

Suffice to say I won comfortably, and went on to collect a lot of generous prize money from winning that game.

Archived