There goes all my hard work until january in just 6 weeks

So to fill you in, my season is going well, we are 2nd in the table and cruising most matches, still in all cups and looking good.

Then comes January, my keeper is Kameni so off he goes to African cups, am like that's fine use back up....wait i cant, check his page and he received an injury mid November keeping him out till end of season. Forced to bring in the U19's keeper and all that hard work is gone by the time Kameni is back.

League: drooped from 2nd to 3rd, but a cool 17 points behind top

Coupe de la league: knocked out by a keeper own goal

French cup: knocked out due to a keeper error in extra time.

Guess all that is left is europe for me this season

it is! you would think with Hunterlaar and Lavezzi upfront then Pastore and Renan Augusto behind them you would be able to score some goals.

They can if you know what you're doing.

The plan was to use back up keeper, i didnt figure he had got injured. It was in training so easily missed.

The instant my back up keeper got injured I'd be looking for cover, whether my 1st choice was off to the the ACN or not. Then again I like to have 3 first team keepers, at least.

A lot of people don't bother with backup keepers as they're so rarely needed.

My teams always have 1 keeper, 1 crap guy on loan just in case, and a few youngsters.

I also think people in here are being harsh because of the types of threads we've had recently. I don't think he's bitching or whining about the game, he's just telling his story in a d'oh kind of way.

A lot of people don't bother with backup keepers as they're so rarely needed.

My teams always have 1 keeper, 1 crap guy on loan just in case, and a few youngsters.

I also think people in here are being harsh because of the types of threads we've had recently. I don't think he's bitching or whining about the game, he's just telling his story in a d'oh kind of way.

You get loads of d'oh moments in Brazil when all your first team and every u20's get called up to International duty and you struggle to field a side :D

I agree! so very much agree, people lately have just been harsh. Yes I get that 2 keepers isn't right, but i normally dont keep one on bench due to how not used he is. He is better getting footie in the reserves. I do have reserves, i have about 4 or 5 in u19's there just not top league yet that is all.

I agree! so very much agree, people lately have just been harsh. Yes I get that 2 keepers isn't right, but i normally dont keep one on bench due to how not used he is. He is better getting footie in the reserves. I do have reserves, i have about 4 or 5 in u19's there just not top league yet that is all.

You can have him on the bench and still allow him to play reserves though.

not all the time, sometimes i get the "cant play due to being already involved" message.

Right, if the matches are on the same day- I get that sometimes too, just have to keep an eye on the schedule when the assman asks for the reserve players. I don't keep a keeper on the bench when I get have only 5 subs. 7 subs, okay, but I've found that using a sub slot for a keeper has bit me many more times than not. But, it's a funny game- I had both starter and backup keeper injured in the same game a couple versions back, so you never know :)

Noticed that you have Pastore so I'm guessing PSG? Sorry just curious on whether the under 19 keeper is Areola.

Yeh am PSG, the U19 keeper i ended up using was M'Pasi. Just signed Muselera for next season so got 3 now, not that I have any idea who to play.

In my current save I have my awesome keeper with CA/PA of 180+, my backup keeper is CA/PA of 140 odd then my younger keeper who has CA 120 odd and PA 160.

The only time my first choice keeper has been injured was just before the CL final in one year so I had to use my first backup, but I feel that my 3rd choice wouldn't lose me games.

You've got to plan for every eventuality, I usually have a decent enough 3rd choice but ALWAYS have a EPL standard backup (once I'm doing well of course, in the lower leagues most keepers are terrible whether they are your 1st, 2nd, or 42nd choice).

Archived