+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Big Club, Small Country - Challenge

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ShyBaldBuddhist View Post
    Just run a quick test to see if worth carrying my save on with Montserrat. I have run my save on for 3 years to see how many players are coming through at other clubs. Only 15 players available for Montserrat in my database at the moment. Decided it was going to take way to long before the international job became available and will be starting this again with a more viable nation. So...

Former Gambian international Simone Finke takes charge at Man City. Was undecided about whether to go with a big club or start at a lower club for more of a challenge. In the end I figured to go for the cash and the big club to try and get some decent players through straight away. Chose City as they have the players to fit into the formation I play. Chose Gambia simply because FM legend Cherno Samba is eligible. Going to be my first signing
    Good luck with Gambia SBB, unfortunately Montserrat is one of those nations that SI don't have enough info on the players leading to only 11 being in the database

Part-Timer

Disappointing to see people having to restart their games. I've just had my first intake and was disappointed to see no Liechtensteiner players come through.

I notice my DB is also lacking in players, but I'm pretty sure I could just turn on the swiss leagues to fix that one so that's what I might do.

Amateur

Curacao would have been amazing in the Dutch league as so many are dual nationality.

I've come across a lot of them.

Same with Surinam. I just think a European test would bring the greatest reward / most frustration, I may not have succeeded by the time FM13 comes out, but I'll give it my best shot.

Vamos Andorra!
    Last edited by BS_8; 06-03-2012 at 18:12.

Reserves

how many players in the db do you need to manage a country?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    how many players in the db do you need to manage a country?
    The minimums usually between 70 and 80 players but I think it takes positions into account aswell so if there are only 2 goalkeepers I don't think its possible to manage them

Reserves

70-80! :O so unless you take rubbish san marino who seem to have a decent pool of players in the game (or another team like this) you have to produce loads of players before you can manage them, if they only have 10-20 players in the db?

Amateur

It's a good challenge and a long term one, creating a large pool of players is easier than getting enough quality players for San Marino to compete in Europe, let alone the world.

Then a lot of countries have dual nationalities like Curcao, Netherland Antilles and Surinam with Holland, you can load Holland to help I'd assume?

Also depends how much you want to get into your game, you can holiday large chunks until you get the national players you want?

I've got my first Andorran youngster and found a good Andorran coach from the 5 Andorran staff on the game.

Hopefully that will help my cause.

It could be a very long came before I even become competitive, let alone qualify.

Part-Timer

Curacao is now the name for the Netherland Antilles, I loaded the dutch league in that save but the player numbers never increased for any nationality including second. It concerned me that even if I got enough players back to play as them if a few retired then the game would probably sack me due to lack of players, just like it does if you get relegated to a non playable league

Amateur

I had NA on my mind after Curcao, apologies. I wasn't sure but put it instead! Loving the challenge at the moment. Trying to flood my club with Andorrans where I can.

Has anyone noticed if they come through other academies in your league at all or just the club you're managing?

Part-Timer
    Champions League prediction winner 2013/2014

When I was trying it with Montserrat there weren't any coming through at other clubs until I added the English leagues. If you are after Andorrans may be worth loading the Spanish leagues. Still may not get many through but it should help.

On another note I have started again. Haven't liked the English league on any save so far on FM12 and wasnt enjoying it at City. I have taken Biscotti's advice and have swanned over to Belarus to take over at Dinamo Minsk. I have taken Belrusian nationaility too so hopefully the challenge should be achievable. Only about half way through the season and this save looks to have legs already. Some decent talent at the club, hopefully the youth intake will be as good as the facilities.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ShyBaldBuddhist View Post
    When I was trying it with Montserrat there weren't any coming through at other clubs until I added the English leagues. If you are after Andorrans may be worth loading the Spanish leagues. Still may not get many through but it should help.

On another note I have started again. Haven't liked the English league on any save so far on FM12 and wasnt enjoying it at City. I have taken Biscotti's advice and have swanned over to Belarus to take over at Dinamo Minsk. I have taken Belrusian nationaility too so hopefully the challenge should be achievable. Only about half way through the season and this save looks to have legs already. Some decent talent at the club, hopefully the youth intake will be as good as the facilities.
    Good luck in Belarus, I think the harder part of that challenge may be trying to win the champions league. There is a club in Belarus in the lower divisions with 20 for all the youth stuff so they produce some of the best you nation has seen

Reserves

where can you find out how many players of a certain nationality there are? the player search doesnt show them all due to scouting restrictions do they?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    where can you find out how many players of a certain nationality there are? the player search doesnt show them all due to scouting restrictions do they?
    I went through the editor database to get the initial amount, but you should be able to get them all when you do a search in game as you have 100% knowledge of your nation

Amateur

Since I had barely started and the DB updated today, I restarted with the 12.2 DB. Still Finnish at Inter though.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by 18Rabbit View Post
    Since I had barely started and the DB updated today, I restarted with the 12.2 DB. Still Finnish at Inter though.
    No problem

I know the challenge has had a few teething problems but we seem to be getting over those hurdles now, I'm sure there were a few little problems when the small club to big club challenges started too.

Just about to post on my 1st Panamanians

Part-Timer

Real Madrid/Panama - Youth Intake - 2011/12

Youth Intake

Emanuel Herrera
    Javier Torres

Torres doesn't look like much of a player but Herrera has a lot of promise, also he solves a real problem for me as my reserve Keeper is banging on about wanting 1st team football so now I can tell him to do one and put Herrera as my back-up between the sticks

Part-Timer

Now that the new patch is in I've run a quick check of the database and some nations have gained more players from the quick check I've just done,for example Botswana have 10 more players since the update, so at some point tomorrow I'll update the nations on the opening post

Semi Pro
    Football Manager isn't life or death ... It's far more important than that!

Brettney's Manchester United Sri Lankan Adventure: Youth Players 2nd batch!

Man Utd Youth;

Just the 1 Sri Lankan player once again nowhere near as good as last seasons either ... We are also already on a Treble for the season Community Shield, Club World Cup and League Cup ... Still no sign of the Sri Lankan job coming up.

Gnanasena Hewage Profile|Gnanasen Hewage Coach Report

Youth Team
    MM Arena, Le Mans, France (Big Euro Nation Challenge)

eally interesting challenge mate and one i am tempted by. will have a think about it and maybe have a couple of little plays with it see what happens. hope it takes off for you.

Part-Timer

brettney1980 - you might have another season at the earliest to wait before the Sri Lanka job becomes available, I've noticed that international managers don't seem to get sacked til after the 2014 World Cup
    rlipscombe - Cheers for the support, I came up with it cause I always try a save with a big club but usually start losing interest after about 4 seasons so decided this would keep me more interested in carrying on a save, also there are very few challenges out there where you can take over one of the giants straight from the off.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jimbowmanuk View Post
    brettney1980 - you might have another season at the earliest to wait before the Sri Lanka job becomes available, I've noticed that international managers don't seem to get sacked til after the 2014 World Cup
    I can live with that ... I should of won every trophy possible with Utd by then at this rate

Part-Timer

Hmm thinking about Kenya as I used to live there, Venezuela as I live near there, and Qatar as I may soon be moving there.

But great challenge with a great twist LOVE IT

Part-Timer
    [FM14] It's not you, it's me. I just can't do club monogamy anymore!

Sounds like a good challenge, might give this a pop when my current save dies down.

Turning Qatar into a good team in time for WC '22 sounds like a good idea!

Part-Timer

Herrera looks a decent prospect Jimbo. A little eccentric maybe but should prove to good enough back up to Casillas

Part-Timer

The new Manager of Barcelona has been announced as Kenyan International Glenn Crane.

The former defender has 25 caps to his name with one solitary goal.

Retired early due to a serious Knee Injury and becomes the youngest high profile manager in History.

Semi Pro

Brettney's Manchester United Sri Lankan Adventure: Season 2012/13

Another hatfull of trophys but still no sign of Sri Lanka dropping their current manager ... Is there no way i can offer my services!?

Squad Stats

Transfers - Luka Modric (overpaid for him i guess) for £52m was the big signing of the summer.

Competitions Info;

Community Shield: Won!
    European Super Cup: Won!
    World Club Championship: Won!
    League Cup: Won!
    FA Cup: Lost In Semis.
    Premier League: Lost on Goal Difference!
    Champions League: Lost in Final!

Youth Watch: Mohamed Jiffry Mohamed Anees

End of season news ... Ryan Giggs retires, Wayne Rooney wants to leave

EDITL Forgot Champions League!

Last edited by brettney1980; 08-03-2012 at 12:44.

Part-Timer

2011/12 season summary

League: Winners
    French Cup: Quarter-Finals
    Coupe de la Ligue: Winners
    Champions League: Quarter Finals

A strong season, but I do feel we could certainly have done better. More disappointing, though was the lack of any Liechtensteiner regens coming through the academy this season. That being said, there are a few pretty good french prospects, so it's not like I've not got some youngsters to nurture

Part-Timer

Good luck in Belarus, I think the harder part of that challenge may be trying to win the champions league. There is a club in Belarus in the lower divisions with 20 for all the youth stuff so they produce some of the best you nation has seen
    Don't think the board are going to help me along the way to CL glory either. They have already sold two of my better players from under me due to receiving what they thought were good offers. I also had agreed a fee for Pablo Mouche, who looks like he would be ideal as one of my front men, but the board are being tight with the wages. Even being £10k under budget they wouldn't allow me to offer more than £1.9k and he wanted £3.5k.

On the plus side they have agreed to invest some of the funds raised into youth and training facilities so hopefully we will have a decent bunch come through

Part-Timer

Real Madrid/Panama - End of Season - 2011/12

Everything almost went to plan this season but a small blip towards the end cost us 2 trophies. In the league we were toe to toe with Barcelona for the most part but a couple of bad results for them meant we had enough of a gap to afford any slips and we took advantage winning the league by 3 points. In Europe we coasted through the group games to set up a game against Benfica, fairly easy games to win 6-2 on aggregate, the draw pitted us against Barcelona in the quarters and we lost the 1st leg 2-0 at the Nou Camp a week later when they came to visit we thrashed them 5-0 and advanced to the semi's. Porto stood between us and the final a routine 2-0 win at home before travelling to Portugal where we were disallowed a goal in the opening minutes, this clearly spurred on Porto who beat us 3-0 putting us out of the Champions league 3-2. The Spanish cup went to plan to begin with 9-0 agg against Cadiz, 4-1 agg against Sevilla, 5-3 agg against Valencia and 5-2 agg against Ath Madrid put us through to the final against Athletic Bilbao. We just couldn't find the target and had to come from behind to force extra-time, nothing happened over those 30 mins and it went to penalties where we went down 3-2. A note of interest is that in all saves I've had on FM12 I have yet to do the League/Cup double hopefully that can change next season.

League Table
    Champions League
    Spanish Cup

In Panama news, they reached the 3rd round in North American World Cup Qualifying but are currently bottom of their group which includes Mexico

Code:
    Season	| League	| Cup		| Europe
    --------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12	| 1st		| Runners-up	| CL semi-Finals
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by jimbowmanuk; 08-03-2012 at 17:43.

Amateur

After a lot of work on Ajax and Andorra, Title winners 2 seasons and Cup winners and despite an Andorran coach, I received just 1 Andorran by my 4th intake.

I think it was unlucky, there were a few U18s at Andorran sides but nothing to shout about.

I think the task of it all would have been too much, so I have sadly given up (maybe too easily) on that game. I just don't think I could have even competed with other European teams let alone manage to Qualify and win a World Cup.

I like this challenge though, so didn't want to bin my enthusiasm though. I decided as no on has take Surinam yet, I think I will, but I will still be Ajax. I will update later as I am busy, but I have already had 2 Surinam players. One who could excite world football and have another U19 who has Surinam as his second nation.

I think I may have a bit more luck with this game.

Sorry for cheating/failing at my first attempt. Onwards and Upwards.

Amateur

This seems like a really good challenge, decided to go with the team with the BEST Youth Facilities in the world!

RGUOR Minsk playing in the Belarusian Lower League (4th Tier) I haven't edited them, this really is how they appear in the game.

I'm a former Mongolian International Ant Fletcher with 25 caps and 6 goals to my name, makes me the 2nd highest goal scorer in Mongolian history.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Ant View Post
    This seems like a really good challenge, decided to go with the team with the BEST Youth Facilities in the world!

RGUOR Minsk playing in the Belarusian Lower League (4th Tier) I haven't edited them, this really is how they appear in the game.

I'm a former Mongolian International Ant Fletcher with 25 caps and 6 goals to my name, makes me the 2nd highest goal scorer in Mongolian history.
    Good luck Ant, and I know you haven't edited them I chose not to include them in the OP but they have 20 for everything

Part-Timer

Dinamo Minsk/Belarus 2012 Season Review

Squad - League - Cup

Good first season domestically as we did the double. Really struggled to find a goal scorer in the first half of the season. Forked out £250k for Du Bala in the summer transfer window and he made all the difference. He notched 19 goals in 23 starts to ensure we topped the league. The cup is quite a strange affair in Belarus as it is spread over two seasons. At the start of the season we finished off what was started last year to lift the trophy. We wont be retaining it though as we have already been knocked out on pens to a lower league team. Had quite a tough draw in Europa league qualifiers. We managed to get past Red Star 4-1 on aggregate in the 3rd qualifying round. Basel were too strong in the next round though and we went out 4-3 on aggregate. As there is no U-18 squad all youth intake went straight into the reserves. Didn't get any list of candidates so no screenshot of the full bunch. Iliya Ostrikov was the one the ass man picked out as being the best. Doesn't look great but pretty sure we can train him on to become good enough for the reserves at least.

In Belarus news they are currently ranked 68th in the world. They are second bottom of the world cup qualifying group and don't have much chance of progressing with France and Spain in the same group. Hopefully this means the position may become available soon. I am very surprised at the standard of some of the players. Glad I started a game here, gives me some good scouting knowledge for future saves. Some of these players are good enough for mid-lower level premier league and are very cheap.

Amateur

I think the Finland coach can feel me eying his job. As of Sept 15th of the first season Finland is the "Most Improved Nation" moving up from 75th to 54th in the rankings. *******.

Part-Timer

Same thing is happening over in Belarus. Since my update they have moved up to 49th in the rankings. Had some great wins over the Czechs, Poland and Slovakia. Think I'll start withdrawing my players to ruin his chances

Amateur

RUOR Minsk/ Mongolia - Youth Intake - 2011/12

Youth Candidates

Badmaanyambuugiin Dagvasuren Attributes - Badmaanyambuugiin Dagvasuren Coach Report

The only Mongolian of the intake and the lowest potential at just 1* but his name...it's just so "Badman" ;)

Part-Timer

Brilliant name

Part-Timer

That name just makes me want to link this

Anyways, aside from that, I don't remember the last time I played as a team where I had cash to splash with. Only mid-way through July and already £24m spent. Still got another £5m or so in the budget too, which I'm using to chase youngsters with.

Amateur

Well, Fnord Fjord may get lucky and get a vacancy on the Finnish international team, mainly because the team has been plagued with injuries and has started losing but, I ain't picky.

Amateur

Decided to see what I can do with Macau.

Darren Denton has taken over the reigns at AC Milan.

EDIT: Can we take the national team jobs at youth levels?
    Last edited by dinthead; 09-03-2012 at 11:10.

Part-Timer

Don't see why not. It can only help to develop your players and get the national job in the end.

Amateur

After a lot of work on Andorra, unfortunately the game has gone to rest.

I decided that I will be Surinam as there is more chance of progressing as a nation than Andorra ever will.

For the purpose of the challenge, I took over Ajax in February to find that they were sat in 13th in the Eredivisie.

Not wanting to mess with too much too soon and hoping I'd keep my job, I went on holiday to get rid of the nightmare season.

Here is my Surinam profile:

Denith Van Hoof

My Surinamese players:

Mark Jap A Joe

Carlos Kinsiani

The both have Dutch as second nation. I have one youngster that has Surinamese as a second nationality too:

Stefano Denswil

Ajax Season 2011/12:
    Eredivisie 13th
    Champions League: 3rd in Group
    Euro Cup: 1st Knockout Round Ajax 1-3 Valencia (agg).
    Dutch Cup: 3rd Round, Ajax 0-3 Sparta

Not sure who was in charge, but possibly one of the worst seasons for Ajax ever? PSV 3rd, Twente 10th and Feyenoord 11th.
    A weird Dutch Season. Roll on next year and the Surinamese invasion.

Part-Timer

So i ask my board to buy me Neymar.....they say no.

I ask them to buy Thiago Silva from milan, they stump up 34.5 million and bring me the centre back on a silver platter.

Pique and Thiago Silva CBs With Puyol to rotate in, or take the RB role from Dani Alves on occasions, and Abidal or Adriano (or hopefully soon Aly Cissokho) on the left.

Predicting alot of clean sheets!

Forza Barca!

PS; Also buying Mcdonald Mariga, the only kenyan worth anything!
    Last edited by glennuk; 09-03-2012 at 14:04.

Part-Timer

Curacao is now the name for the Netherland Antilles, I loaded the dutch league in that save but the player numbers never increased for any nationality including second. It concerned me that even if I got enough players back to play as them if a few retired then the game would probably sack me due to lack of players, just like it does if you get relegated to a non playable league
    That's incorrect. Curacao was an island in the Netherlands Antilles but the Netherlands Antilles split so Curacao and Sint Maarten became constituent countries within the Kingdom of the Netherlands and Bonaire, Sint Eustatius, and Saba became special municipalities of the Netherlands.

Sorry about that. *nerdy time over* ;)

Part-Timer

This topic intrigues me... I havent really got properly into FM12 quite yet, but something I always like to try is having a go at San Marino, both the club and the country. They start from the smallest beginnings... but with some decent effort and guidance, they can definitely provide a pretty huge return...

Amateur

Thumbs up

Introducing Christopher Chagrulaf, former Guamanian International player and the new manager of the New England Revolution in the MLS,

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...grulafove.png/

I also applied for every Guam national team post and got the U-21 gig!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...taffstaff.png/
    Last edited by SetUpMan50; 09-03-2012 at 19:07.

Amateur

Great challenge. Will follow this thread with great interest. Good luck everyone!

Part-Timer

Good to see more people taking part, International youth management is perfectly acceptable as it gets your foot in the door with the FA

Semi Pro

I am going to try to do it wit Luxembourg
    And be the coach of Monaco
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 10-03-2012 at 00:38.

Part-Timer

Since I have a career updates thread that is taking up a lot of my time, is it alright if I just holiday through seasons and only play international matches (when I get the job)?

Amateur

RUOR Minsk/ Mongolia - 2011/2012 Season Review

Squad - Belarusian Cup - Belarusian Lower League

A very good debut season, our squad shrunk considerably to stick with our budget of £425 p/wk and I had to release a few players to be able to sign Badman, I'm optimistic about playing in the 3rd Tier (Second Division) next year and maybe get back to back promotions.

Amateur

That damn Finnish manager just keeps pushing Finland up higher, they're now up to 38th in the world. They drew a pretty gnarly group for World Cup though so hopefully he chokes on the pressure.

With one week left to go in the mid-season transfer window, Inter is sitting +6 up at the top of Serie A and have only had one loss this season. We've also qualified for the First Knockout Round of the ECC.

So other than the a-hole coaching Finland doing really well, I'm doing good in the challenge so far.

Part-Timer

Dinamo Minsk/Belarus 2013 Season Review

Squad - League

We won the league again but it was mush closer this year. Had to sell most of my top stars as they wouldn't sign new contracts. Got quite a bit of cash in though and have been able to get the board to improve facilities again. Also helped by getting past Derry, Sheriff and APOEL to reach CL group stage. The group looked a killer and thought we would get destroyed every game. Somehow we actually managed to finish 3rd. Madrid failed to score against us as we beat them at home and drew over there. Chelsea in the KO stage was too much and they thrashed us 7-2 on aggregate. It all means plenty of cash which will help to develop the stars.

Youth Intake

New bunch came through and we have three 4* potential players and a 3 1/2* which is good news.

Kashevskiy
    Makovskiy
    Mironchik
    Makovskiy

Belarus News

Bernd Stange is not doing me any favours. He has pushed Belarus up to 30th in the world rankings. They somehow managed to beat France away and some good friendly victories over Turkey and N.Ireland. Euro qualifying group doesn't look to difficult either with Portugal proving to be the thoughest opponents. With the other teams being Moldova, Denmark and Hungary they have an outside chance at qualifying.

Part-Timer

Real Madrid/Panama - End of Season - 2012/13

A very successful domestic season, we started off with winning the Super Cup comfortably and never really looked back, Barcelona are not the team they were last season this may be down to the fact that Guardiola took the Spain job and Barcelona appointed Ancelotti, whenever we dropped points they seemed to drop points too so our gap widened constantly throughout the season winning the league at the Nou Camp with 4 games to spare. I finally got over my personal hoodoo of doing the double the only real scare was Villareal in the quarters where i needed penalties to beat them. Europe was a different kettle of fish however, easily through the group stage only dropping 2 points set up a meeting with Lyon. We lost the 1st leg in France 2-0 but I was confident we could turn it around at home despite them not having a shot at goal in the 2nd leg and us having 26 we could only manage a 1-0 win and crashed out of the Champions League.

League Table

Spanish Cup
    Champions League

Another couple of Panamanians came through the youth academy, with Striker Pablo Gallardo looking promising for Panama, not quite got the potential to be Real Madrid quality, and a defender Carlos Diaz who doesn't even look Panama quality let alone Madrid quality

Youth Intake
    Pablo Gallardo
    Carlos Diaz

In Panama news they are in the final group of World Cup qualifying where they are currently unbeaten, and their manager is relatively young so I may have a bit of a wait for the job to open up

North American World Cup Qualifying

Part-Timer

Gallardo looks a decent player. Should be good enough for a lower league team at the very least.

Part-Timer

Yeah he could be my main striker once the National Job becomes available, and it might be sooner rather than later as Panama have lost a couple more games to teams they should beat

Part-Timer

Belarus job just became available as Bernd Stange retired from football. Threw my name in the hat thinking I must have a chance seeing as my Minsk team is doing okay and I got laughed at. Looks like I'll have to wait a while longer for the top job.

Amateur

Decided to give this a try with the Cook Islands, with my club being Benfica. I've never managed a big team before, so it's odd having millions to spend! First 2 seasons were Zé Roberto on a free and Chris Brunt.

Part-Timer

This year we had a couple of Liechtensteiner players come through the academy:

Manfred Damm - Report

Norbert Hillebrand - Report

Neither look at all promising, but hopefully they can at least improve to the point that they might get a call-up.

Amateur

Fancy taking part

Today Partizan Belgrade have announced there new manager former Montenergrian International Danilo Djuradji

After speaking to the media after the heartbreak of a career ending injury against England in the euro qualifiers he stated "he couldn't wait to make Partizan to be a force in European football again"

Part-Timer

Dinamo Minsk/Belarus 2014 Season Review

Squad - League - Champions League

Third league success on the run but it's getting a lot closer. Went down to the wire this year and we were lucky enough to get the point required on the final day. Lot of potential in the squad and the CL money is meaning we can upgrade facilities on regular basis. Struggling to attract the best coaches though. Think we may need to have a decent run in a European competition. Managed to edge past Linfield, Omonoia Nicosia and Anderlecht to reach the group stages. Had another tough group and we were the whipping boys as we didn't get a single point.

Youth Intake

Not a great intake this year. Only 3* potential but I'll be giving them contracts to give them a shot at improving.

Mikhail Afanasiev
    Leonid Afanasiev
    Igor Osipovich

Belarus News

The new fella is doing quite well and remains unbeaten 7 games into his Belarus career. Results include away draw in Hungary and shutting Portugal out for a 0-0 draw at home. Even with the decent results they have dropped to 35th in the rankings.

Part-Timer

Panama Under 21's are going to be playing in the French Youth Invitational, guess who they hired as manager?

Panama U21 manager?

Part-Timer

Good stuff. Should be able to throw some of your youth prospects in.

Part-Timer

Real Madrid/Panama - Youth intake - 2013/14

So the latest crop came through with 2 more Panamanians but they dont look the most promising

Youth Intake
    Arturo Rivera
    Jose Jesus Rios

Rivera may just have enough potential to be an International player but I cant see him being a Madrid player. The Spanish players seem to have a bit of potential though I could have the next Ricardo, Andres Palop, Fernando Hierro and Michel Salgado.

Semi Pro

Still checking in here and it's good reading folks progress ... Even if i'm not able to play at the moment, since the update patch i cant load any of my save files (all coming up with errors) and don't feel like starting again incase all my saves end up this way ... Good luck guys.

Semi Pro

Right decided to go with real madrid as club decided to go wats easiest in two seasons iv had 1 luxembourg player so not much to say really

Part-Timer

Haha, quick update as i played a couple of games today.

Won the world club championship, and also beat real madrid, who sacked Mourinho (After all those comments he said about me in the media..fool)

I am top with Barcelona, and eagerly anticipating the transfer window (Currently in mid dec of first season)

Watching Wanyama (Sp?) of celtic, to see if i should sign him and try and make him a Kenyan star.

PS: Forgot that it was actually fun to play a big team game at times too

Amateur

First transfer window has come and gone and we're still riding high on top of the Serie A. We've started playing a little shakier, getting a few draws when we should have won and getting a pretty disappointing draw against Empoli in the Italian Cup Semi-final first round. Finland meanwhile continues to rise in the international standings even though they haven't hired me as manager yet. it may be a few seasons before that job comes available.

Jim, how did you get hired as the U21 coach? I don't even see that job listed.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by 18Rabbit View Post

First transfer window has come and gone and we're still riding high on top of the Serie A. We've started playing a little shakier, getting a few draws when we should have won and getting a pretty disappointing draw against Empoli in the Italian Cup Semi-final first round. Finland meanwhile continues to rise in the international standings even though they haven't hired me as manager yet. it may be a few seasons before that job comes available.

Jim, how did you get hired as the U21 coach? I don't even see that job listed.
    It was just by chance, I thought that they only had an under 20's side but a message came up with the draw for the FYI tournament so I clicked on Panama U21's and it said apply for job. I managed to arrange a couple of friendlies but apart from the tournament in the summer the u21's dont do much else.

Semi Pro

Third season over didn't get any new luxembourg player won the league last two seasons Luxembourg haven't done anything

Amateur

I don't get how Ajax finished so poorly last year, maybe it is great having no European competition this year, but we have started with a bang, currently top, not sure we will stay there though, time will tell.

Anyway, Beat Heerenveen in 4th to make a 5 point gap between 3rd/4th to give us some breathing space and 2 days later, had a cup game against Go Ahead. This was 4 days before playing away to PSV, so I used it as rotation and made 9 changes. Time for a Surinamese invasion I thought, but I wanted to win this too. So went for reserves and 2 Surinamese were named in the squad aswell as 2 Dutch U21s.

Ajax 2-0 Go Ahead with Carlos Kinsiani netting his first goal in his first appearance and becoming Ajax's Youngest Ever Goalscorer with a neat turn and placed finish. Hopefully this won't lead to a Dutch call up!!

Lorenzo Pique, who I signed on a free, played 90 minutes at right back.

Progress for the Surinamese lads.
    Last edited by BS_8; 13-03-2012 at 19:10.

Part-Timer

Real Madrid/Panama - End of Season - 2013/14

Real Madrid do the Treble

Well technically the quadruple if you count the Spanish Super Cup. A very successful season all round despite only earning 1 point in the league matches against Barcelona they were awful for most of the season. We had a fantastic season in the league only dropping 13 points while scoring 128 goals and only conceding 18.
    The Cup was another routine success where we broke the Spanish record for goals in the competition with 36 including 11 over 2 legs against Sevilla. The Champions League was my greatest achievement. A routine journey through the groups pitted us against Ajax where we comfortably won 4-0 over 180 minutes to set up a quarter final with Bayern Munich, a 2-1 win in Munich followed by the same result at home put us through to a tie against Chelsea. We won the 1st leg 3-0 in Madrid before travelling to London where Ronaldo got himself sent off after 5 minutes, down to 10 men and we scored. In the 2nd half Ramos also saw red putting us down to 9 men but the tie was never in doubt and a 2nd goal on the night put us through to the final 5-0 where we would me our biggest rivals Barcelona. A tense affair but Sergio Aguero broke through the defence to score what would be the only goal of the game and the one that sent the trophy to Madrid

League Table
    Spanish Cup
    Champions League

In Panama news they missed out on the Play-off for the World Cup by 1 point. In under 21's news my 1st game in charge was a friendly against Syria we won 1-0 but it was a poor match. Another friendly against Armenia saw us lose 2-1. Onto the French Youth Invitational, and the big boys, where our 1st match was against Australia and we were outclassed 4-0, Portugal were next and we got the best result of my International career, losing 2-0 we managed to claw it back for a 2-2 draw, leaving us the simple task of beating Brazil to advance, 4 goals and 90 minutes later the dream was over. My job was not helped by Herrera choosing to play for Spain's U19's and Gallardo thinking he was good enough for Spain rejecting a call-up. The sooner I get the top job the better as I may be able to sway them with a full cap.

French Youth Invitational

Code:
    Real Madrid
    Season	| League	| Cup		| Europe
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12	| 1st		| Runners-up	| CL semi-Finals
    2012/13	| 1st		| Winners	| CL 1st KO round
    2013/14	| 1st		| Winners	| CL Winners

Panama Under 21's
    Season	| FYI
    ---------------------
    2013/14	| Group Stage

Semi Pro

I am guessing i would need to turn the dutch league on to get more Luxembourg players ??

Congrats Jim have you signed Bale yet he is immense at LB i think he got 18 Assists for me last Season

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by toonbalmy87 View Post
    I am guessing i would need to turn the dutch league on to get more Luxembourg players ??

Congrats Jim have you signed Bale yet he is immense at LB i think he got 18 Assists for me last Season
    That might give you more players, or the Belgian league as they are next door too. The Chairman kept giving me more money to spend so I did indeed by Bale, he's been good in the AML position too when I've been short of players, also signed Hamsik at MC and he has been immense all season

Amateur

Be starting this challenge up tonight after work. Looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Semi Pro

That might give you more players, or the Belgian league as they are next door too. The Chairman kept giving me more money to spend so I did indeed by Bale, he's been good in the AML position too when I've been short of players, also signed Hamsik at MC and he has been immense all season
    they they keep giving me money each year 1 transfer window i had £206 Million to spend iv bought Gotze Hummels paulo henrique lucas moura Damiao bale hazard and couple others along with the best regns money can buy squad looking awesome tbh

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by toonbalmy87 View Post
    they they keep giving me money each year 1 transfer window i had £206 Million to spend iv bought Gotze Hummels paulo henrique lucas moura Damiao bale hazard and couple others along with the best regns money can buy squad looking awesome tbh
    I know what you mean about the money, every 4 months they say finances have improved and add another £50million to the pot.

Amateur

Isn't there a Luxembourg team in the Swiss League, maybe that would help?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by BS_8 View Post
    Isn't there a Luxembourg team in the Swiss League, maybe that would help?
    No its a Liechtenstein team Vaduz in the Swiss League

Amateur

Ahh I'm thinking of Virton or something like that!?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by BS_8 View Post
    Ahh I'm thinking of Virton or something like that!?
    They play in the Belgian 3rd division, I think there on the border between the 2 countries

Amateur

Ahh thanks Jim, Maybe that'll help? I'll stop clogging the thread up.

Amateur

Former Nicaraguan International star, Eduardo Garcia has taken over at top Argentine club Boca Juniors.

Amateur

Welcome aboard TwinsFan86.

Part-Timer

Dinamo Minsk/Belarus 2015 Season Review

Squad - League - Champions League - Cup

We won the league comfortably with a lot of games to spare. Pleased with how the formation is coming along too. Trying to develop a very strong defensive formation. Can't see me being able to win the CL by outscoring the opposition so need to keep it tight at the back. Only 13 conceded in the league is a good start. The cup was easy enough and most of the games were played using reserve players. In the CL we swept Ulisses of Armenia and Zestaponi of Georgia aside. Hapoel Tel Aviv were stronger but we edged past them to reach the group stages for the third year running. Thought we had a chance of getting out of a reasonable looking group. Man City would be tough but I thought we could beat Shaktar and Fenerbache. Unfortunately it wasn't to be as we came 3rd after 2 poor results against the Turks. Still we have the Euro cup next year. Should all help to raise the clubs reputation so we can get better coaches and players

Youth Intake

Some of the recent intake have been getting first team action and performing for us. Yuriy Kashevskiy was back up target man but still started 20 games managing 11 goals and 7 assists. Vitaliy Milronchik started 23 games in the centre of midfield. Not as many assists as I would like but has still played really well. So with having some talent through recently I was hoping for better than the 3* potentials that came through. Also hoping to get some defenders soon. All the best youth players coming through are midfielders and strikers at the moment.

Shushkevich
    Shtanyuk

Ass man said Shushkevich has the talent to be the most gifted player through the system in recent years. Don't see it myself but I'll give him a shot.

Belarus News

The new manager is doing me no favours at all. He has managed to qualify for the Euro's and raised the world ranking to 27th. He's only 43 too so no chance of him retiring. Disappointed he's not calling any of my youth players up yet. They look better than some of the first teamers.

Part-Timer

Sold Dani Alves for 37 million to Man City. (only really sold him, as he was unhappy i fined him, the little twit)

Bought in Sime Vrjalsko, Aly Cissokho, Antoine Griezmann and still had money to spare, so managed to sign Damiao for the rest + a bit more Good day

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by glennuk View Post
    Sold Dani Alves for 37 million to Man City. (only really sold him, as he was unhappy i fined him, the little twit)

Bought in Sime Vrjalsko, Aly Cissokho, Antoine Griezmann and still had money to spare, so managed to sign Damiao for the rest + a bit more Good day
    Cissokho has been superb in my Lyon game, as has Griezmann, who I signed in the summer of '12

Part-Timer

Not sure how I have done this but I am in the quarters of the Europa league with Minsk. Beat Tottenham 3-1 on aggregate and stumbled past D. Kiev 2-2 on away goals. Think we have come to the end of the road though as we have drawn Man Utd.

EDIT:Lost 4-2 on aggregate to United. Was leading 2-0 in the first leg until the 70th minute. I then made the mistake of trying to hold on to the lead and they scored two goals late on. I was completely outclassed in the return and not sure how we only let 2 goals in. In the end they had 11 CCC's to my 0
    Last edited by ShyBaldBuddhist; 14-03-2012 at 15:18.

Part-Timer

unlucky against United SBB, the World Cup has just finished and England approached me to be their manager, turned it down of course, but it means I should get the Panama job no problem when it becomes available

Part-Timer

The Panama manager has left his post, guess who they want as their new manager?

New Panama boss

Amateur

March 17th, 2012

Youth intake for Inter this year looks really good, both for the club and for Finland.

The three most promising were a superb M/AM(C) named Giacomo Pettinari, a solid AML (which fits great into my tactics) named Giovanni Migliore and a future Finnish star ST/AML named Markus Tuominen.

So far it's been a good year for Inter, we're still at the top of the table (up by +9 now), have made it to the Italian Cup semi-finals, and passed the Champions Cup first knockout round (barely edging out Olympiakos 1-1 and then 1-0 (where they had a denied penalty)).

Part-Timer

Good stuff on landing the Panama job jimbo. Now the hard work begins

Part-Timer

I just brought in Mario Frick as my new AssMan. No sign of there being enough players in the DB for me to get the national job any time soon though, so I think the swiss league will have to be turned on.

Amateur

Former Antigua and Barbuda footballer,Trevor Thomas, is FC Internazionale new coach

Amateur

April 14th, 2012

Breaking News!

Won the Serie A and that put me as the 10th best Finnish coach of all time. This should help when the Finland job comes open.

Part-Timer

Good going 18rabbit - there is only 1 Panamanian in the Panama hall of fame and its me. Made it into the spanish hall of fame too. I need to increase the Nations ranking I think as my brighter looking youngsters are refusing call-ups

Semi Pro

So i've had my Save Game rescued and i'm back ... Here's my latest Sri Lankan Youth Prospect - Awesome name right!?

Brettney's Manchester United Sri Lankan Adventure: Youth Players 3rd batch!

Man Utd Youth;

Thilan Jayanath Seeman Ratnayaka Mudiyanselage Profile|Thilan Jayanath Seeman Ratnayaka Mudiyanselage Coach Report

I'm into problematic territory now .. The Sri Lankan jobs are seemingly unavailable - Too many Sri Lankans have retired leaving too few to choose from i guess!? I'll try loading up the Indian League see if this helps any .. I may sign aload of Sri Lankan free agents to Man Utd reserves ...

Amateur

Season 2012/2013 Review.

SEASON

Eredivisie - Dutch Cup

The season was a lot better for Ajax this time around, with no European football, I just wanted to bring that back. The quality of the production line here is insane. The league was won with 2 games to go, so I decided I would plays some reserves, youngsters and fringe players. Surinamese youngsters Kisniani was given 180 minutes over the last two games, after his goal in the Dutch Cup, he scored versus NEC and set up a goal versus NAC. The 16 year old with 2 goals and an assist in 3 games. Holland U19s wanted him, but I withdrew him from their squad, fortunately they haven't come back again, but he is good enough. Netted over 30 goals for Ajax U19s and Ajax 2 and 15 assists in 27 games. I am now his favoured personnel, so I hope I have some influence over his international future.

The cup was a poor performance, but I wanted to win the league and so I used my youngsters for it.

YOUTH INTAKE

I had a decent Youth Candidates and another class Surinam youngster come through. Unfortunately I was hoping for more than one, but quality is better than quantity.
    Say hello to:

Gordon Kemble

SURINAM NEWS

Great news! He retired! The press were unsure who was in line, but I couldn't apply.. I soon found out why a couple of moments later. The Surinam Clique

Surinam are flying high in 96th.

Not sure I'll have a say anytime soon.

Amateur

Found this interesting. My star keepr announced he is retiring after this season. Ok no big deal. I go to look at his new staff attribute bar and find that he now has some knowledge of GUAM!!!! How awesome is that, he will most certainly be hired into the backroom after this year.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/4...iewstaffat.png

Amateur

End of 2011/2012 Season Report

The Goals
    1. Win League Title - 2012
    2. Win Champions League - Not complete
    3. Win World Cup - Not complete

2012 Cup Finishes
    • European Champions Cup - Runner Up - (Damn you Barca! We were 3-3 in extra time and then they manged to sneak one more in at minute 112)
    • Italian Cup - Winner - Barely squeaked by in a penalty shootout with Juve.
    • Italian Super Cup - Winner - Beating out AC Milan in extra time, 2-3.

2012 League Tables
    Senior Squad - 1st place by 19 points, qualified for ECC.
    U20's - 1st place Group 1 by 14 points.

Status of International Achievements
    Manager for Finland - Position still filled by Mixu Paatelainen (Secure)
    Finland World Ranking - Moved from 75th to 44th, peaking at 35th in January 2012
    Fnord Fjord is currently in 5th place in the Finnish manager hall of fame with 51 points.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast