Big Club, Small Country - Challenge

zOLNA.png

As some people may be aware, others maybe not, that the Nationality of your manager can have an impact on the regens that come through the Youth Academy. With this in mind I have decided to make a challenge of it.

The premise is fairly simple, create your manager with a nationality of a Country that has never qualified for the World Cup Finals, using your club as a tool to get the best players coming through from that nation. To win the challenge you must win the League Title and Champions League with your club and Win the World Cup with your chosen nation.

The Rules

Create your Manager(Make sure he is of your chosen nationality)

Select past Experience(International Recommended)

Choose your Club(Any club is fine)

Load all players from chosen Nation(you can decide what size of database - no other additional customising is allowed)

When the National Job becomes available you must apply for it

The Goal

Win League Title

Win Champions League

Win World Cup

The 1st two should be fairly straight forward with a top club

Posting

Please post Manager's initial profile showing Nationality

Post Regens when they enter your Academy

Post International job(when you've taken over)

Post End of season with final league and cup finishes

Post End of tournament qualification and Finals(International)

Some screenshots showing youth intake

American Samoa

lDBLW.png

Cape Verde

haY8L.png

Eritrea

KbkH7.png

Avaliable Nations - I would advise chosing a nation with over 100 players

[center][b][size=2]Asian Nations[/size][/b]
Players in Database[/center]

AFC	Afghanistan	82
AFC	Bangladesh	319
AFC	Bahrain		500+
AFC	Bhutan		29
AFC	Brunei		204
AFC	Cambodia	252
AFC	Chinese Taipei	500+
AFC	Guam		471
AFC	Hong Kong	500+
AFC	India		500+
AFC	Jordan		484
AFC	Kyrgyzstan	152
AFC	Laos		138
AFC	Lebanon		500+
AFC	Macau		500+
AFC	Malaysia	500+
AFC	Maldives	298
AFC	Mongolia	121
AFC	Myanmar		500+
AFC	Nepal		381
AFC	Oman		112
AFC	Pakistan	500+
AFC	Palestine	73
AFC	Philippines	257
AFC	Qatar		500+
AFC	Singapore	500+
AFC	Sri Lanka	500+
AFC	Syria		201
AFC	Tajikistan	95
AFC	Thailand	500+
AFC	Timor-Leste	42
AFC	Turkmenistan	89
AFC	Uzbekistan	500+
AFC	Vietnam		500+
AFC	Yemen		58

[center][b][size=2]African Nations[/size][/b]
Players in Database[/center]

CAF	Benin				476	
CAF	Botswana			126
CAF	Burkina Faso			370
CAF	Burundi				92
CAF	Cape Verde			223
CAF	Central African Republic	134
CAF	Chad				121
CAF	Comoros				43
CAF	Congo				199
CAF	Djibouti			20
CAF	Equatorial Guinea		105
CAF	Eritrea				40
CAF	Ethiopia			158
CAF	Gabon				203
CAF	Gambia				231
CAF	Guinea				495
CAF	Guinea-Bissau			183
CAF	Kenya				500+
CAF	Lesotho				70
CAF	Liberia				291
CAF	Libya				122
CAF	Madagascar			95
CAF	Malawi				102
CAF	Mali				500+
CAF	Mauritania			79
CAF	Mauritius			132
CAF	Mozambique			352
CAF	Namibia				111
CAF	Niger				113
CAF	Rwanda				156
CAF	São Tomé and Príncipe		13
CAF	Seychelles			40
CAF	Sierra Leone			151
CAF	Somalia				61
CAF	Sudan				68
CAF	Swaziland			170
CAF	Tanzania			286
CAF	Uganda				184
CAF	Zambia				203
CAF	Zimbabwe			291

[b]
[center][size=2]The Americas	[/size][/center]
[/b]

[center]Players in Database[/center]

CONCACAF	Anguilla				10			
CONCACAF	Antigua and Barbuda			32
CONCACAF	Aruba					55
CONCACAF	Bahamas					6
CONCACAF	Barbados				31
CONCACAF	Belize					179
CONCACAF	Bermuda					163
CONCACAF	British Virgin Islands			1
CONCACAF	Cayman Islands				6
CONCACAF	Curacao					74
CONCACAF	Dominica				9
CONCACAF	Dominican Republic			20
CONCACAF	Grenada					24
CONCACAF	Guatemala				500+
CONCACAF	Guyana					42
CONCACAF	Montserrat				11
CONCACAF	Nicaragua				297
CONCACAF	Panama					364
CONCACAF	Puerto Rico				51
CONCACAF	Saint Kitts and Nevis			18
CONCACAF	Saint Lucia				12
CONCACAF	Saint Vincent and the Grenadines	21	
CONCACAF	Suriname				82
CONCACAF	Turks and Caicos Islands		1
CONCACAF	U.S. Virgin Islands			0	
CONMEBOL	Venezuela				500+

[b]
[center][size=2]Oceania Nations[/size][/center]
[/b]	

OFC	American Samoa		39	
OFC	Cook Islands		231
OFC	Fiji			403
OFC	New Caledonia		75
OFC	Papua New Guinea	71
OFC	Samoa			92
OFC	Solomon Islands		203
OFC	Tahiti			107
OFC	Tonga			82
OFC	Vanuatu			100

[b]
[center][size=2]European Nations[/size][/center]
[/b]

UEFA	Albania			500+
UEFA	Andorra			61
UEFA	Armenia			348
UEFA	Azerbaijan		500+
UEFA	Belarus			500+
UEFA	Bosnia and Herzegovina	500+
UEFA	Cyprus			500+
UEFA	Estonia			500+
UEFA	Faroe Islands		500+
UEFA	Finland			500+
UEFA	Georgia			500+
UEFA	Iceland			500+
UEFA	Kazakhstan		500+
UEFA	Latvia			489
UEFA	Liechtenstein		84
UEFA	Lithuania		500+
UEFA	Luxembourg		151
UEFA	Macedonia		500+
UEFA	Malta			500+
UEFA	Moldova			296
UEFA	Montenegro		500+
UEFA	San Marino		500+

[center]Clubs with High Youth Facilities[/center]

Club		Country		Facilities	Coaching	Recruitment
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boca		Argentina	19		18		20
River 		Argentina	18		18		20
Man Utd		England		20		17		20
Lyon		France		18		16		20
Rennes		France		18		16		20
Panathinaikos	Greece		17		16		20
Chivas		Mexico		16		16		20
Porto		Portugal	18		19		20
Benfica		Portugal	17		18		20
Sporting Lisbon	Portugal	18		19		20
Partizan	Serbia		15		15		20
Red Star	Serbia		15		15		20
Real Madrid	Spain		18		18		20
Basel		Switzerland	15		15		20
Ajax		Holland		19		19		19
Roma		Italy		18		17		19
Barcelona	Spain		20		20		19
Velez		Argentina	19		18		18
Inter		Italy		19		17		18
Southampton	England		20		15		17
Feyenoord	Holland		18		18		17
PSV		Holland		17		17		17
Arsenal 	England		19		16		16

Good Luck to all that take on the Challenge

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Former Andorran striker and footballing God adrianomartinez.png (hope you like the Andorranesque name..) has been entrusted with taking on the role of Ajax manager.

He has hinted at using the world class youth system in ensuring Ajax become major players in the Champions League.

Former Andorran striker and footballing God (hope you like the Andorranesque name..) has been entrusted with taking on the role of Ajax manager.

He has hinted at using the world class youth system in ensuring Ajax become major players in the Champions League.

Good luck, Andorra will be quite a challenge, but with Ajax having a great set up some good ones should come through

This looks like an interesting challenge, the biggest test could be to actually get these good players to play for your country and not their club country. If you only employed staff from your chosen country do you think it would increase the number of players coming through?

This looks like an interesting challenge, the biggest test could be to actually get these good players to play for your country and not their club country. If you only employed staff from your chosen country do you think it would increase the number of players coming through?

That idea had crossed my mind, it might give you an increase in players coming through but the staff possibly wont have good atts, I might try and see if I can sign a couple of coaches

Could you show us the quality of those American Samoan regens?

Unfortunately no, I holidayed a game to just before the intake and added a manger of a different nation several times to see what players appeared but never saved after the intake. I'll go into the save and do another nation and post results shortly

Quick question, did you all have a player in your youth at the start of the game?

Secondly, instead of my huge screenshot how do you make it a link as a word?

Thanks.

To answer your 1st question No unless your fortunate to already have some there, players of your nationality should appear when you get your 1st youth intake usually about March, and for your 2nd question once you've uploaded your picture to an image hosting site you need to copy the page link then click on the picture of the globe(to the right of the smiley face) and enter your URL link, it should look something like this when you click ok

Jim Bowman

change the text in the writing where i've underlined it to highlight for you and you should be good to go

its a lot easier to do than it is to explain

Good idea, will start eventually. Any way you could get a list of national teams that have not been in a world cup?

Maybe a good idea to put in opening post, and also put thier rep....to see who takes a harder/easier challenge!

Good idea, will start eventually. Any way you could get a list of national teams that have not been in a world cup?

Maybe a good idea to put in opening post, and also put thier rep....to see who takes a harder/easier challenge!

Thats a good idea, I'll hopefully have something up tonight but may be tomorrow.

Thats a good idea, I'll hopefully have something up tonight but may be tomorrow.

onfederation	Country	Number of Attempts
AFC	Afghanistan	2
AFC	Bangladesh	7
AFC	Bahrain	8
AFC	Bhutan	0
AFC	Brunei	2
AFC	Cambodia	3
AFC	Chinese Taipei	9
AFC	Guam	1
AFC	Hong Kong	9
AFC	India	7
AFC	Jordan	7
AFC	Kyrgyzstan	4
AFC	Laos	2
AFC	Lebanon	6
AFC	Macau	7
AFC	Malaysia	10
AFC	Maldives	4
AFC	Mongolia	3
AFC	Myanmar	1
AFC	Nepal	5
AFC	Oman	6
AFC	Pakistan	6
AFC	Palestine	3
AFC	Philippines	2
AFC	Qatar	8
AFC	Singapore	9
AFC	Sri Lanka	5
AFC	Syria	12
AFC	Tajikistan	4
AFC	Thailand	10
AFC	Timor-Leste	1
AFC	Turkmenistan	4
AFC	Uzbekistan	3
AFC	Vietnam	5
AFC	Yemen	7
CAF	Benin	5
CAF	Botswana	3
CAF	Burkina Faso	5
CAF	Burundi	3
CAF	Cape Verde	2
CAF	Central African Republic	1
CAF	Chad	2
CAF	Comoros	1
CAF	Congo	6
CAF	Djibouti	1
CAF	Equatorial Guinea	2

Confederation	Country	Number of Attempts
CAF	Eritrea	2
CAF	Ethiopia	9
CAF	Gabon	5
CAF	Gambia	5
CAF	Guinea	9
CAF	Guinea-Bissau	4
CAF	Kenya	9
CAF	Lesotho	4
CAF	Liberia	7
CAF	Libya	7
CAF	Madagascar	7
CAF	Malawi	7
CAF	Mali	2
CAF	Mauritania	4
CAF	Mauritius	5
CAF	Mozambique	5
CAF	Namibia	4
CAF	Niger	4
CAF	Rwanda	3
CAF	São Tomé and Príncipe	2
CAF	Seychelles	2
CAF	Sierra Leone	8
CAF	Somalia	3
CAF	Sudan	9
CAF	Swaziland	4
CAF	Tanzania	7
CAF	Uganda	6
CAF	Zambia	10
CAF	Zimbabwe	8
CONCACAF	Anguilla	2
CONCACAF	Antigua and Barbuda	7
CONCACAF	Aruba	3
CONCACAF	Bahamas	2
CONCACAF	Barbados	5
CONCACAF	Belize	3
CONCACAF	Bermuda	4
CONCACAF	British Virgin Islands	2
CONCACAF	Cayman Islands	3
CONCACAF	Dominica	3
CONCACAF	Dominican Republic	5
CONCACAF	Grenada	4
CONCACAF	Guatemala	12
CONCACAF	Guyana	7
CONCACAF	Montserrat	2
CONCACAF	Netherlands Antilles	13
CONCACAF	Nicaragua	4

Confederation	Country	Number of Attempts
CONCACAF	Panama	8
CONCACAF	Puerto Rico	6
CONCACAF	Saint Kitts and Nevis	3
CONCACAF	Saint Lucia	4
CONCACAF	Saint Vincent and the Grenadines	4
CONCACAF	Suriname	11
CONCACAF	Turks and Caicos Islands	2
CONCACAF	U.S. Virgin Islands	2
CONMEBOL	Venezuela	10
OFC	American Samoa	3
OFC	Cook Islands	4
OFC	Fiji	7
OFC	New Caledonia	2
OFC	Papua New Guinea	2
OFC	Samoa	4
OFC	Solomon Islands	6
OFC	Tahiti	5
OFC	Tonga	4
OFC	Vanuatu	6
UEFA	Albania	9
UEFA	Andorra	2
UEFA	Armenia	3
UEFA	Azerbaijan	3
UEFA	Belarus	3
UEFA	Bosnia and Herzegovina	3
UEFA	Cyprus	12
UEFA	Estonia	6
UEFA	Faroe Islands	4
UEFA	Finland	16
UEFA	Georgia	3
UEFA	Iceland	10
UEFA	Kazakhstan	3
UEFA	Latvia	5
UEFA	Liechtenstein	3
UEFA	Lithuania	6
UEFA	Luxembourg	17
UEFA	Macedonia	3
UEFA	Malta	9
UEFA	Moldova	3
UEFA	Montenegro	0
UEFA	San Marino	4

Dont want to step on anybodies toes but i already had this available since i set myself little challenges like this all the time ... I may join in at some point great idea.

Hmmm, I'm confused. I always use the same Manager in all my saves (Canadian) and I've never seen a Canadian youth come through the ranks out of about 15 youth intakes. What am I doing wrong?

I think it depends on the rep of the manager and the scope of the clubs youth recruitment, what teams do you usually play as?

I've only gotten far enough to get a youth intake in two saves. Paris FC are a team in France's third tier, I've played 11 seasons with them and are now in Ligue 1. The other is an extremely small Icelandic side.

Maybe the Paris FC recruitment is not quite far reaching yet, I wouldn't expect any different nationalities in the Icelandic one

Ahh massive Faux Pas, after working through the whole season, quite enjoying it and winning the Dutch Cup I realised I haven't loaded Andorran players, I didn't get any regens.

Back to the drawing board by any chance?

Ahh massive Faux Pas, after working through the whole season, quite enjoying it and winning the Dutch Cup I realised I haven't loaded Andorran players, I didn't get any regens.

Back to the drawing board by any chance?

Bad luck BS_8, but some seasons you may not get any of your nationality, and other seasons you could get quite a few

^bad luck man :(

If i'm an english manager managing in portugal and i improve my youth reecruitment, will i get english regens? I have the english leagues loaded if that helps.

I don't think the English leagues loaded has any impact, on one save I was getting at least 2 Scottish regens coming through at Inter each season and I didn't have their league loaded.

As poor as he looks I imagine he's one of Curacao's better players. May be able to train him on to become a decent third tier player.

Going to be gutted if I don't get a player come through the system.

Yeah I don't think he'll be good enough Madrid but he is probably good enough to be a Curacaoan International

Brettney Joven former Sri Lankan International has been revealed has the man to take over from Sir Alex Ferguson as Manchester United manager he said at a press conference that he will be looking to youth and as already signed an handful of young players. He as already brought in his first fellow countryman in this man who can surely only play for the Utd reserves ...

Thought i'd bring in one of the better Sri Lankan players since he is clubless .. Already played the Community Shield and even though we played a weaker side i am gutted that we lost to City on Penalties with Substitute Rooney missing as well as Giggs and Park.

ShyBaldBuddhist - Thats a good turnout for your 1st intake, I doubt any will be Barcelona quality but they may be Montserrat's best youngsters

We seem to have a nice mix of nations and clubs chosen so far, I'm quite pleased with a few taking up the challenge as I know a lot of people aren't fans of International Management

Real Madrid/Curacao - 2011/12 - End of Seaon Report

A bit of a disappointing season with Real Madrid, things started brightly beating Barcelona 7-2 on aggregate in the Super Cup, winning almost every game up to christmas and sitting top of the league by 5 points. Then we met Barcelona in the Spanish cup where we won the 1st leg 3-2 before being trounced 4-0. That 1 result seemed to ruin the teams morale and we struggled against teams in the bottom half of the table, before meeting Barcelona in the quarter finals of the Champions League where they beat us 6-3 on aggregate. The lead in the league turned to a mountain to climb and we could only manage 2nd a disappointing 14 points behind Barcelona. Next season I'm hoping to get more consistency from the team.

League Table

Spanish Cup

Champions League

Curacao had a fairly good season with some good results so I cant see their manager getting sacked anytime soon, he is 63 years old though so maybe a retirement will open up the job for me

Season	| League	| Cup		| Europe
-------------------------------------------------------
2011/12	| 2nd		| 1/4 Finals	| CL 1/4 Finals

2011-2012 Season Review

Barcelona.pngflag.png

Squad - League - Champions League - Cup

Was all a bit easy in La Liga. Only one defeat during the season meant we won the title by 21 points. By the time the CL semi finals came around we had a few too many injuries and suspensions. Meant we lost the 1st leg 1-0 and we couldn't pull it back in the reverse fixture. Messi was god like - 47 goals and 38 assists - but Villa grabbed top scorer with 50 strikes to his name. Only made one signing during the season so have a bit of cash this summer. Will be looking to beef up the defence and possibly get another striker. Hopefully I can find a Monterattian capable of playing for us.

In Montserrat news they actually managed a win this season, albeit against Turks and Caicos. Suffered a massive 8-0 defeat against Uruguay. Currently ranked 207 in the world with only San Marino below them. They only have one player listed in the squad at the moment. If we can get another 4 youngsters through at Barcelona perhaps we can build a decent squad together. Manager is only 50yr old so not sure when I will get chance to manage them.

^did you not load players from nation?

great season and that looks like a great intake. quantity is better than quality at the moment because they will all walk into the monseratt team

All players from nation were loaded. Just don't think there are many players in the database. Found myself a Montserattian coach who I signed even though he is useless. Doing all I can at the moment to get players through my system. I agree quantity over quality at the moment. I also have Pique tutoring Ince and his attributes are increasing very nicely. Daniels is a new signing, brought in for £1.5m. I knows hes rubbush but he is eligible for Montserrat so worth the outlay to try and train him on

record.jpg

Figured I may aswell give him a chance in a cup game. Brought on at half time and managed a 6.9 in the anchor man role. Not bad for a 16yr old Montserattian making his debut for the worlds biggest club. Was also going to give Short a game but he got injured the day before the match.

Enjoying challenge of trying to develop Montserrat players through the youth system but boredom could become an issue. Chose Barca because of the great youth facilities but it's far too easy. Playing on auto pilot just trying to get to March when the youth intake is announced. Nearly at March again, will see what the intake brings me and if nothing special I may start again at a different club. Was thinking a lower level club with decent facilities may be better due as there will be a challenge trying to get to the top. Crewe may be a decent club to try this with.

Archived