Serie A - Dual Ownerships

Hi I need some help with regards to transferring players who I own only 50% of. I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but there isn't one about general transfers so didn't know where to write this. I have a major problem with regards to the options when owning these players. I have quite a few in my squad on large salaries who I need to get rid of. Problem is there is no option to offer my stake in them to other clubs, to loan them out to other clubs or to offer them for anything. Is there a way to get rid of this dead wood from my squad? I need them gone asap so I can reduce my wage bills and bring in some cheaper, better players.

a little off topic but where did this partial ownership thing even start? any other leagues you can find it in? also how do they decide who he plays for? further that in the case of euros if he plays for one team and the other team buys the rest of his contract would he be allowed to play or would the other team playing him prevent it?

a little off topic but where did this partial ownership thing even start? any other leagues you can find it in? also how do they decide who he plays for? further that in the case of euros if he plays for one team and the other team buys the rest of his contract would he be allowed to play or would the other team playing him prevent it?

A few benefits listed on this blog here

http://www.serieaweekly.com/2011/07/finding-a-sustainable-transfer-system-is-italys-co-ownership-a-clue.html

With regards to your last question, decisions on ownership are made at the end of the season so it's unlikely the situation would occur. In the event it did, I imagine it would work just as normal transfers do, in that the player would be cup-tied.

A few benefits listed on this blog here

http://www.serieaweekly.com/2011/07/finding-a-sustainable-transfer-system-is-italys-co-ownership-a-clue.html

With regards to your last question, decisions on ownership are made at the end of the season so it's unlikely the situation would occur. In the event it did, I imagine it would work just as normal transfers do, in that the player would be cup-tied.

i kinda get it now, but it still seems like an over complicated way to loan a player. thanks for trying to clear that all up.

i kinda get it now, but it still seems like an over complicated way to loan a player. thanks for trying to clear that all up.

It's not really that overcomplicated... No more than holding 50% of a company's shares, really.

Yes. It's a mandatory blind auction - this is important, because unlike negotiations, you can't see what the other bids are.

If the co-ownership is for 2 years, you also get the option to bid for the player after the first year - however, if either side wants to delay the bid until the second year, then the bid is delayed (i.e. if you bid, but the other team delays, then your bid is meaningless).

Blind auctions can be brutal, of course - at least in negotiations, you can make mistakes and make up for it. You can't make mistakes in blind auctions. You can sometimes end up underbidding by miles and missing out on a player that you want. You can sometimes end up overbidding by miles and overpaying for a player. And sometimes you end up stranded with players that you don't want.

Thanks for clearing that up x42bn6 Do your scouts give you advice as to how much the other team are likely to bid in the way that they give you an indication of how much a team would want for a player you bid for in the regular manner?

Thanks for clearing that up x42bn6 Do your scouts give you advice as to how much the other team are likely to bid in the way that they give you an indication of how much a team would want for a player you bid for in the regular manner?
I'm not sure. I tend to just bid whatever I feel is sensible for the full player, divided by two, adding a couple more million here or there if I would like to have that player.

Most of my co-ownerships are for players that "I wouldn't mind being stranded with as backup or squad players." So I try to minimise the level of potential disappointment. I've been burnt by co-ownership deals in the past...

Take into account who the other club is when making a bid for example, I had a co-ownership deal with a Serie B club whose finances were insecure, the player that was co owned could easily play in any of the top teams already (he was 19/20) I bid 20K and they bid nothing due to having no finances :D.

Archived