+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Serie A - Dual Ownerships

  1. #1

    Default Serie A - Dual Ownerships

    Hi I need some help with regards to transferring players who I own only 50% of. I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but there isn't one about general transfers so didn't know where to write this. I have a major problem with regards to the options when owning these players. I have quite a few in my squad on large salaries who I need to get rid of. Problem is there is no option to offer my stake in them to other clubs, to loan them out to other clubs or to offer them for anything. Is there a way to get rid of this dead wood from my squad? I need them gone asap so I can reduce my wage bills and bring in some cheaper, better players.

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    7th November 2006
    Location
    Pureperv it seems!!
    Posts
    31,154

    Default

    There are rules for that but I don't remember them.

    Anyhow GD can help you better, I'll move this.

  3. #3
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    23rd February 2010
    Posts
    1,927

    Default

    You normally have to wait until the decision on the ownership is made on the off-season if i remember it right.

  4. #4
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st April 2008
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    230

    Default

    a little off topic but where did this partial ownership thing even start? any other leagues you can find it in? also how do they decide who he plays for? further that in the case of euros if he plays for one team and the other team buys the rest of his contract would he be allowed to play or would the other team playing him prevent it?

  5. #5
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    3rd April 2006
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soverntear View Post
    a little off topic but where did this partial ownership thing even start? any other leagues you can find it in? also how do they decide who he plays for? further that in the case of euros if he plays for one team and the other team buys the rest of his contract would he be allowed to play or would the other team playing him prevent it?
    A few benefits listed on this blog here

    http://www.serieaweekly.com/2011/07/...ip-a-clue.html

    With regards to your last question, decisions on ownership are made at the end of the season so it's unlikely the situation would occur. In the event it did, I imagine it would work just as normal transfers do, in that the player would be cup-tied.

  6. #6
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st April 2008
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mije1983 View Post
    A few benefits listed on this blog here

    http://www.serieaweekly.com/2011/07/...ip-a-clue.html

    With regards to your last question, decisions on ownership are made at the end of the season so it's unlikely the situation would occur. In the event it did, I imagine it would work just as normal transfers do, in that the player would be cup-tied.
    i kinda get it now, but it still seems like an over complicated way to loan a player. thanks for trying to clear that all up.

  7. #7
    Third Team
    Join Date
    7th March 2007
    Location
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.
    Posts
    6,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soverntear View Post
    i kinda get it now, but it still seems like an over complicated way to loan a player. thanks for trying to clear that all up.
    It's not really that overcomplicated... No more than holding 50% of a company's shares, really.

  8. #8

    Default

    So on FM do you just receive a message at some point during the summer asking how much you a willing to pay for the other team's half of the player?

  9. #9
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    23rd February 2010
    Posts
    1,927

    Default

    Yes, it's normally on the 30th of June if i remember right, you are asked to make a bid for the other 50%.

  10. #10

    Default

    Ok thanks. What happens if the other team doesn't want to bid for the player? I have one that I want but want all of the others gone asap

  11. #11
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    24th November 2004
    Location
    Knee-deep in clunge
    Posts
    1,368

    Default

    I think you are compelled to make bid for the other 50% so if you don't want the player just bid nothing, or €1 if it won't let you bid nothing.

  12. #12
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    23rd February 2010
    Posts
    1,927

    Default

    Good question, i think the ownership decision is delayed a season if both teams bid "zero" for him, haven't played there yet on FM12 so can't really remember.

  13. #13

    Default

    Hopefully someone who has played a season of Serie A will be able to enter the discussion and help out seeing as nobody seems 100% sure

  14. #14
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th March 2009
    Posts
    142

    Default

    If both teams bid the same amount the player stays at his currently registered club.

  15. #15
    Third Team
    Join Date
    7th March 2007
    Location
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.
    Posts
    6,670

    Default

    Yes. It's a mandatory blind auction - this is important, because unlike negotiations, you can't see what the other bids are.

    If the co-ownership is for 2 years, you also get the option to bid for the player after the first year - however, if either side wants to delay the bid until the second year, then the bid is delayed (i.e. if you bid, but the other team delays, then your bid is meaningless).

    Blind auctions can be brutal, of course - at least in negotiations, you can make mistakes and make up for it. You can't make mistakes in blind auctions. You can sometimes end up underbidding by miles and missing out on a player that you want. You can sometimes end up overbidding by miles and overpaying for a player. And sometimes you end up stranded with players that you don't want.

  16. #16

    Default

    Thanks for clearing that up x42bn6 Do your scouts give you advice as to how much the other team are likely to bid in the way that they give you an indication of how much a team would want for a player you bid for in the regular manner?

  17. #17
    Third Team
    Join Date
    7th March 2007
    Location
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.
    Posts
    6,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Niebiescy View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up x42bn6 Do your scouts give you advice as to how much the other team are likely to bid in the way that they give you an indication of how much a team would want for a player you bid for in the regular manner?
    I'm not sure. I tend to just bid whatever I feel is sensible for the full player, divided by two, adding a couple more million here or there if I would like to have that player.

    Most of my co-ownerships are for players that "I wouldn't mind being stranded with as backup or squad players." So I try to minimise the level of potential disappointment. I've been burnt by co-ownership deals in the past...

  18. #18
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd March 2011
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Take into account who the other club is when making a bid for example, I had a co-ownership deal with a Serie B club whose finances were insecure, the player that was co owned could easily play in any of the top teams already (he was 19/20) I bid 20K and they bid nothing due to having no finances .

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts