Things you've never done in FM

I'll get this started.

I realised today I've never kept a note/saved a note about anything in FM

I also noticed that I've never filtered any player searches by contract status -> unattached until today, as for some reason in god knows how many years of playing i never linked the word unattached to 'not playing for anybody'. maybe subconsciously i thought the player's legs were unattached or something...

anyway...

Never managed in the champions leauge..... I know I know.... I always start lower leauge with the dream of getting promted to the top but never reach the wednesday night highs normally its a cold windy night in bradford..

Its not all its cracked up to be, the season crippling fixture list you get from actually competing makes me want to be in Bradford, sounds a ncie place ;)

To people not using notes; I use notes to remember which players respond good to either a higher or a lower form of praising during the season. I use notes for players in my team which my staff recommend certain playroles for (targetman feet / head / would make a good playmaker). I also use notes to remind myself of the date when a young player signs a full time contract so I know when to put a bid in for him (for those youngsters < 17 years of age who keep signing provisional contracts at their current club no matter how often you put a bid in). Just to give you an idea what they can be used for.

Back on topic: I've never managed an international side. I've never "spend big", no matter what club I have been at, as I hate spending large ammounts of transfer money. I'd rather spend low and develop youngsters info good players. I've never managed in South America or Asia. Sounds like there's still a lot left for me to do :)

Yeah, notes for me as well.

Also using the tutorial. Actually, I tried once, just to find out it's useless if you are looking for details.

Praising players at other clubs is also something I don't do anymore since it takes so much time to talk to a journalist about it. When it took me one click I was happy to do that.

I have never ever won the Spanish Cup, from the CM series to the FM series, playing as some of the great teams, some of the average teams and some poor teams.

I don't think I am destined to ever win it.

If there was ever a bogey competition, I think that would be it.

I've used notes before for red cards; 1 red = warning, 2nd red in same season = wages fine.

I've never had a new stadium, managed outside of Europe, downloaded any tactics, been relegated, managed Spurs (yuck)

But I did win a silver medal at The Olympics with GB 2012, not that anyone cared in game. I was quite chuffed! :D

I have never:

- used notes.

- managed a team outside Europe.

- started a game with a top league club.

- played with any more than the three tactics set up at the outset of the season.

- got the sack (apart from Fulham when they were taken over).

- played a save for more than 10 seasons.

- set up games around a play-maker.

- turned down a job offer.

- signed a player with lass than a 4 star potential rating.

That'll do for now!

I have never:

- Accepted a job offer when been approached first (moved from Sporting Lisbon to Fiorentina after I applied for the job)

- Gone a season unbeaten despite going close twice (losing one in each)

- Managed in any league outside of Europe

- Been relegated

- Got the sack

- Sent my assistant to a press conference

- Had the board undermine me and sell a player

I have never:

- Taken a club from the conference to the premiership (or any other bottom division to top)

- Finished a season in South America (Get bored for some reason)

- Managed in Asia or Africa

- Had the board undermine me and sell a player

- Managed a club i hate in real life (Sunderland, Man U, Chelsea)

Never coached a team outside of MLS.

Never used the nickname feature.

Never used the notes feature.

Have never had an active member of the Brazilian, English, French, Italian or German national squads on my roster (though that may change very soon as Brazilian U-20 striker won't stop improving and is now over an 8 avg/game.)

Never accepted a job offer from another team (including Real, ManU, Bayern, Inter, etc...where my personal salary would have been over double my entire MLS squad's wage budget!)

Never used the set piece creator.

- Never managed anyone else bar West Ham and England

- Never made a training session

- Never "really" bother with Press Conferances

- Never use TC Tactics "anymore"!!

- Never used nickname feature

- Never made a note

Aw sod it - Never used probably 70 % of the features in FM, want to buy players, create a tactic or two and play the matches. Want to be a manager not a psycholigist!! ;-)

I've never guided a small club up through the leagues to the highest levels of the game. And I doubt I ever will. I don't know how anyone does it.

It's the only way I play now and has been since 08. It is such tough task, but a great feeling as you climb the league

You should try it

For the last 4-5 editions I have never signed a player that doesn't have a face in his profile, whether it be one I have as part of a pack or one of the regen faces.

There are also some regens that I won't buy based on their hairstyle

Never used the notes feature really and only used the nickname feature once.

I have never:

- been a manager of an Italian club (but I have managed San Marino in the Italian leagues)

- been a manager of a French club

- won UEFA Europa League

- won a league game in Hong Kong (that's 2 seasons worth or a bit over 30 games)

Some of you need to get out of the UK and out of Europe. Asia and North Americans leagues are fun. :)

Archived