Best in the Business Steam achivement for FM 2011

OK, as I am now chasing Steam achievements for FM 2011 (did not buy FM 2012 and please don't flame me as I like to "complete" my games), the "Best in the Business" achievement seems puzzling to me. In one season, I won 10 Manager of the Month awards but Steam is not showing that achievement.

What is the reason for this? I am currently in my 5th season managing Manchester United and had won numerous Manager of the Month awards. Anyone here has any ideas on how to complete this achievement?

Thanks!

:(

Whilst I'm not 100% certain' date=' I'd imagine you have to be ranked the number 1 manager in the world in the 'Hall of Fame'.[/quote']

Well, this is incerrect as I am currently number 1 in the Hall of Fame. Does this achievement refers to 1 season or a cumulative number of seasons? Even so, there was one season where I bagged 10 Manager of the Month awards.

Whilst I'm not 100% certain' date=' I'd imagine you have to be ranked the number 1 manager in the world in the 'Hall of Fame'.[/quote']

wrong. to get the award you have to win manager of the month 10 times. It doesn't have to be in the same season either, just aslong as you win the award 10 times in the saved game. I got it long ago.

wrong. to get the award you have to win manager of the month 10 times. It doesn't have to be in the same season either, just aslong as you win the award 10 times in the saved game. I got it long ago.

OK, so this must be a bug. I won a total of 49 Manager of the months (or it may be 47) over a period of 5 years and the achievement is not showing! I am so frustrated as I am a "completionist" and would love to get all the Steam achievements for my games. Does this problem appear for FM 2012? Is anyone else facing the same problem? How do I get this fixed? Should I start another game and see how it goes?

This is so frustrating by the way!

Continental king one didn't work on FM11 either, I had three different saves where I achieved this one but it never unlocked.

By the way, can you be more specific on which of the achievements are broken? So I would not waste my time chasing them for FM 2011. This makes me want to purchase FM 2012!

I have read the Continental King one for winning three continental cups in three different continents and The Professor for gaining 75% scouting knowledge for your club are the ones that you cannot get. If you view the global achievements it lists that 0.0% of players have got these two achievements, now some people claim that this just means less than 0.1% of players have managed these two so it doesn't show up. However I achieved Continental King and it did not unlock and a few people on here that I know never unlocked The Professor despite getting the required scouting knowledge.

I posted this same thread over at the Steam forum and apparently, a Steam user was having the same problem. He contacted Steam as well as SI but they both did not reply to him. He somehow corrected the "Best in the Business" Steam achievement by playing for 2 consecutive days!

Can SI kindly look into this problem? This problem seems to appear in FM 2012 as well.

Probably irrelevant, but Steam achievements don't work if you're playing the game in offline mode. It'll say you got the achievement in the game, but the Steam client won't record it. I assume that's not the problem here, but I thought I'd mention it just in case some people didn't know.

Probably irrelevant, but Steam achievements don't work if you're playing the game in offline mode. It'll say you got the achievement in the game, but the Steam client won't record it. I assume that's not the problem here, but I thought I'd mention it just in case some people didn't know.

No, I am sure I had Steam in an online mode because I am ALWAYS connected to the net when I switch on my laptop. So this is not the problem.

By the way, the Steam forumer told me that it is not a Steam issue but a SI issue. So the fault lies in SI. Can or will SI fix this? This is of course a non game breaker issue but it would always be nice to play games without any major as well as minor problems.

Can SI please comment on this issue?

The only achievement that is broken for FM12 is Best Player in Europe, after they fixed the Hero ones in the last patch. Only one that has 0% globally, which is pretty much impossible considering how easy it would be to do if playing with a team like Barca or Real Madrid

OK, this was the response I got from a user at the Steam forum. I quote, "SI are aware of it and they said they would investigate when I reported it. They have not come back to me and that was 6/7 weeks ago."

So what does this mean? SI does not care anymore? Can SI be more like Paradox where they listen to their players who play their games?

By the way, these kinds of bugs in the game really makes me depressed. Even computer games can't give me happiness if these errors exist and the developers fail to correct them. I think I won't buy FM 2012 because of this and maybe even FM 2013. :(

Are you serious? If you get depressed over a game, you got issues. Bugs WILL exist, no matter how advanced technological we are, bugs will always appear whether if you like it or not.

Archived