+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3rd Annual FMCU Awards: Preview

Third Team

Default 3rd Annual FMCU Awards: Preview

Well, we're just over six months away from the new awards ceremony and it's time to look at who might be in the running for this season's awards.

2011 Winners
    Best FMCU Poster - rancer890
    Best FMCU Thread Name - Stats Are Like Miniskirts; They Give You Good Ideas, But Hide The Important Things - Cougar2010
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career - IK Tord - Becoming the best in Europe using only youth products - hrbfcrule
    Best FMCU Under the Radar Award - Flamers
    Best FMCU Career - dafuge on tour - dafuge
    Best FMCU Journeyman Career - dafuge on tour - dafuge
    Best FMCU Team - Messina - SnakeXe

These luminaries are already enshrined in FMCU folklore. But who will join them? At this early stage, no-one is sure. But we will throw it open to the floor for their predictions.

Also, we're looking for a new award. One that'll add to the golden sheen of the ones we have already. Your thoughts will be welcome.

Now, over to you....

Third Team

Me of course, oh and Hot Chocolate for FMCU Poster.

Reserves

Duno bout me winning back to back Best FMCU Poster...but I've been as good as last year!

The likes of AK22, B.W.G, Barney, daf, Scribe, Matoko, Snake, deltablue, Raware, yourself Deisler..I could go down the list.

Lots of good candidates this year for all awards due to the sheer amount of career threads that have popped up!

Youth Team

As well as the FMCU Team award, we could also have the FMCU Legend (working title! ). This award would be for a player that has had a memorable impact on a player's career. Using dafuge's thread as an example, a player such as his iconic striker, Vukojevic, would be the type of player I would expect to be nominated for such award.

Reserves

Been excited about this since the last one, and have a good idea who I'd go for in a few fields. Open competition for sure.

Part-Timer

How about the 'FMCU Maybe Next Time Award'? It could be for career threads which showed potential but died out or career threads that had to end because of a crash dump.

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner

There have been some very good threads this year and some really enjoyable reads. Looking forward to the voting.

Third Team

All good ideas. Any more?

Semi Pro

Possibly a "Lifetime Poster Award" or similar, someone who has contributed to the forum over a number of years and made it a better place?

I am aiming for a second under the radar award, watch out

First Team

since I'm only new to this part of the forum and have very little experience with this section, it's given me an idea - how about a sort of "Best FMCU Newcomer"? Awarded to the best newcomer in this section, of course. Feel free to name it after me too

Amateur
    2013 Confederations Cup Prediction League Champion \o/

As I originally planned in the Dream Team thread, would you object to there being a Dream Team Captain award for the most influential player in FMCU over the year (not necessarily the highest average rating)?

Still need more submissions to the team though!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by JDownie View Post
    since I'm only new to this part of the forum and have very little experience with this section, it's given me an idea - how about a sort of "Best FMCU Newcomer"? Awarded to the best newcomer in this section, of course. Feel free to name it after me too
    That's the 'Under The Radar' award

Semi Pro

Deisler can I just point out I got it last year, this is my 3rd thread, FM10 - Team Bury, FM11 - Ice Cream Dream, FM12 - I'm Just Flamers From The Bloc
    Last edited by Flamers; 01-03-2012 at 09:51.

Youth Team

I don't think I'll win any this year to be honest, although my new career thread is better than the last there's just so many other great ones this time. I can see Makoto's San Marino thread taking two or three.

I think you are in the running for best poster Snake. Couldnt help but find myself laughing (in a good way) over the whole Arsenal stuff . Makoto will definitely win the Fountain of Youth award in my eyes. He is getting my vote anyway.

Journeyman will probably be the toughest however. There has been such a high volume of quality threads this year.
    Last edited by SRL88; 01-03-2012 at 10:19.

Semi Pro

Fountain of Youth to hrb for the second year

Thats a good question can last years thread that is still played win again Deisler?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    That's the 'Under The Radar' award
    Is it? I was wondering about that as I couldn't remember. Even if hrbfcrule's threat does still count, I imagine people would give others a chance this time, especially as it hasn't been as active. I can think of a couple of things I'd have a faint chance for this year but there are more deserving winners for all of them so simply being in the running would be an achivement with the strong group of careers and people around.

Semi Pro

I know this is my first year on here but I thought under the radar and best newcomer were different? I'm sure that's what was in last years, but maybe I'm just dreaming things

Or I've got on Skyrim and walked into the 50ft magic mushrooms.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    I know this is my first year on here but I thought under the radar and best newcomer were different? I'm sure that's what was in last years, but maybe I'm just dreaming things

Or I've got on Skyrim and walked into the 50ft magic mushrooms.
    If you are, we're in the same dream, I thought it was for focussing on smaller nations and league.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    If you are, we're in the same dream, I thought it was for focussing on smaller nations and league.
    I was sure that under the radar was for a really good poster who didn't post much and wasn't widely recognised like Flamers last year (this year I'd totally disagree) and that best newcomer was for someone that is new to the forum within the past year like me.

Reserves

I was sure that under the radar was for a really good poster who didn't post much and wasn't widely recognised like Flamers last year (this year I'd totally disagree) and that best newcomer was for someone that is new to the forum within the past year like me.
    That was my other thought, but it seems a bit of a paradox as aside from the 'not post as much' thing, a) it makes it tricky to think of who to vote for, and b) the winner would definitely be recognized. Or is that me being a blit slow? As a newcomer I don't really know who the others are who I can vote for.

Edit: Just looked up last year's thread. Someone asked exactly the same thing and Deisler said it was indeed for those who made an impact having not posted as much, despite mixing it up with best newcomer above.
    Last edited by deltablue; 01-03-2012 at 14:10.

Semi Pro

That was my other thought, but it seems a bit of a paradox as aside from the 'not post as much' thing, a) it makes it tricky to think of who to vote for, and b) the winner would definitely be recognized. Or is that me being a blit slow? As a newcomer I don't really know who the others are who I can vote for.

Edit: Just looked up last year's thread. Someone asked exactly the same thing and Deisler said it was indeed for those who made an impact having not posted as much, despite mixing it up with best newcomer above.
    So is there two different awards or not? I'm confused.

I believe that once the person has been recognised for not posting much but making a big contribution they shouldn't really win it again because as you said they are not 'under the radar' but those people could have been around for more than a year. Whereas the best newcomer is simple, anyone in the last year that has joined up/started posting regularly can win it.

Reserves

So is there two different awards or not? I'm confused.

. Whereas the best newcomer is simple, anyone in the last year that has joined up/started posting regularly can win it.
    Not that I'd really know who whose people are not having been around much before. I think I can say (probably) that 'Under the Radar' and 'best newcomer' are different.

Third Team

I go on the NHL method here. Doesn't matter how long you've been in the AHL, the year you are called up to the NHL is your rookie season. However, you can play 6 games per season for two seasons and still be called a rookie.

However, if people want a 'Best Newcomer' to add, whom am I to get in the way?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Flamers View Post

Thats a good question can last years thread that is still played win again Deisler?
    Unfortunately not. If it was nominated for an award, it is out of the running for the next year. I realise that this is slightly unfair to you, but it stops one thread winning it years and years in a row.

Third Team

My other thought is that to go merely from the year you joined is a little harsh. Maybe someone's posted for a while in other forums and just started here.
    Last edited by Deisler26; 01-03-2012 at 14:38.

Reserves

My other thought is that to go merely from the year you joined is a little harsh. Maybe someone's posted for a while in other forums and just started here.
    Yes, and aside from the 'just started' bit, the same applies to me, so joining date isn't always an indicator. Glad you added that as I was briefly confused by the NHL stuff.

Third Team

Yes, and aside from the 'just started' bit, the same applies to me, so joining date isn't always an indicator. Glad you added that as I was briefly confused by the NHL stuff.
    Haha. My point was you can post in other people's threads, but the moment you start your own and come to get noticed, then you're a newcomer

First Team

This describes me - only starting using FMCU about a week ago but have been on the forums for 3 years or something now.

I can't think of any ideas for awards... I'm rubbish at this

Semi Pro

Yeah I wasn't meaning join date, I was meaning when you started posting regularly in FMCU and became known around these parts.

I like the idea of having 'Under the Radar' and 'Best Newcomer'.

Third Team

Yeah I wasn't meaning join date, I was meaning when you started posting regularly in FMCU and became known around these parts.

I like the idea of having 'Under the Radar' and 'Best Newcomer'.
    I'm not averse to it! Just depends what people want!

Semi Pro

I'm not averse to it! Just depends what people want!
    Well it gets my vote

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

Quote Originally Posted by Flamers View Post

Personally I think that would be a bit unfair. Besides I haven't really played/posted that much since the last awards.

I'm sure there is someone more deserving of the award this year
    Last edited by hrbfcrule; 01-03-2012 at 17:30.

Reserves

Best Newcomer would only apply for those members who are in their first year of being active in the FMCU forum, not necessary all the forums in general, since this is a FMCU Awards and not SI Community Forum Awards.

If I was the Best FMCU Poster last year, am I automatically ineligible for that award this year? (although tbf, real life kinda took over a lot more than last year, so I think there's a lot of other candidates for that award).

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Best Newcomer would only apply for those members who are in their first year of being active in the FMCU forum, not necessary all the forums in general, since this is a FMCU Awards and not SI Community Forum Awards.

If I was the Best FMCU Poster last year, am I automatically ineligible for that award this year? (although tbf, real life kinda took over a lot more than last year, so I think there's a lot of other candidates for that award).
    There's easily enough strong people around that you shouldn't be ineligible, though as you say real life has really eaten into your time this year, so like with hrbfcrule's Tord thread I imagine there would be far stronger contenders who would probably win anyway.

Third Team

I think with the best poster one, you can be voted every year.

International Squad

There should be a Biggest Nob Award.

Youth Team

There's only one Nob(by) around here though. As far as I know... *shifty eyes*

Semi Pro

And a best hot drink award.

International Squad

Hot chocolate with cream and chocolate flakes. No contest.

Youth Team

"Best Discussion About Sandwiches" award?

Semi Pro

Remove the cream Nobby and replace it with marshmallows.

That was some discussion, I was going to bring it back up again but this time asking if anyone had tried those Walkers crisps and what your guess would be. I have no idea over any of them and I've tried all of them

Youth Team

I haven't tried any yet, I refuse to be duped by their jug-eared marketing campaign

Third Team

So, any newcomers that might have forced their way into the reckoning?

Me

Part-Timer

So, any newcomers that might have forced their way into the reckoning?
    Scarman, JackJCFC or cpfc543

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    As well as the FMCU Team award, we could also have the FMCU Legend (working title! ). This award would be for a player that has had a memorable impact on a player's career. Using dafuge's thread as an example, a player such as his iconic striker, Vukojevic, would be the type of player I would expect to be nominated for such award.
    Surely has to go to SRL88's Chris Ord this year doesn't it?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by chile_paul View Post
    I prefer Scarman's Sebastian Schneider.

Quote Originally Posted by chile_paul View Post
    Yeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by letissierandhenryaregreat View Post
    I prefer Scarman's Sebastian Schneider.
    Booooooooooooooooo!!!

Youth Team

Why never me?

Semi Pro

Good luck to everyone, remember best frocks That includes you Crouchy!

Youth Team

Makoto, the guy who did the San Marino thread is a newcomer isn't he? He should be in the running. SRL88 has a great thread (even if he is managing dirty Liverpool) and contributes a lot in the threads I follow.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Makoto, the guy who did the San Marino thread is a newcomer isn't he? He should be in the running. SRL88 has a great thread (even if he is managing dirty Liverpool) and contributes a lot in the threads I follow.
    The bold I agree with. The crap in the middle of that deserves the middle finger in your direction Snake .

Makoto is a newcomer I think and this thread is cracking. I like the write-up of TomTucks career as well.

Third Team

Yep. Well I'll edit as and when the votes come in.

Reserves

'Best career' and stuff seems like a general one, maybe based on events as well as style, so there's probably room for a Best layout and/or Best Writing style solely for presentation. Still wondering about 'best newcomer' as I'm probably the greyest area of the lot in terms of having a semi-regular posting presence (but no thread aside from briefly at the beginning) before this FM year, and there are people who might be up for it but don't get a look in because people don't think of them as counting.

Youth Team

Wish I could qualify for newcomer...but I started my first career after the final patch of last year's FM I think...

Third Team

One of my first threads in here was back on FM09, in fact iirc it was the second thread ever!

+ Reply to Thread