The Rise Of The Sammarinese - Game Thread

The Rise Of The Sammarinese - Game Thread

The Sammarinese have been working on a project to put San Marino on the footballing map. Twenty Two sammarinese youngsters have been put through their paces to become the future of Sammarinese football. They have been split into two groups and registered to two teams in the Campionato Sammarinese...

Fiorentino

GK - (Dieu) Arawn Moridin

DR - (Goldyrulz) Ben Goldsmith

DCR - (Zagaluke) Luke Corcoran

DCL - (Nicka94) Nick Adam

DL - (Toonbalmy87) El Toono

DMC - (Shybaldbuddhist) Simone Finke

MCR (Playmaker) - (5ergio) Alessio Gentile

MCL - (Bambi Holt) Lukio DiSalvo

AMR - (Ejldude) Edoardo Lorenzo

AML - (MightyMariner) Walter Ashario

Striker - (Plobdork) Plob Dork

Damagnano

GK - (Matts) Matt Swain

DR - (Babaginoosh) Davatzis

DCR - (Ri916) Richard Marino

DCL - (TWFL) Giusseppe Leoni

DL - (Elnaith) Giuseppe Faci

MC (Playermaker) - (Animosama) Animosama

AMC - (Larxus) Geraint Alacarde

AMR - (Duffy) Stefano Duffinci

AML - (Stothy) Jake Stothard

Striker - (Slich) Daniel Park

Striker (Target Man) - (Bergtaur) Scevola Zangari

The idea is to develop both teams of players to become future world stars and make Sammarinese football a brand name, not only on a club level, but also on an International level. To add a little extra spice to all of this, these two teams will develop a whole new rivalry in football, unlike any other!

Currently, the San Marino is considered to be the worst Nation in Europe. They are Ranked 207th (2nd to bottom) in the World and have 0 points. The hope is that as the players start to develop, they will be able to bring San Marino up the table and hopefully dominate on all fronts. However, only 11 players can play on the pitch, so there isn't just a rivalry on club level, but a very healthy rivalry on the International front. Players will have to prove themselves to me in several friendly matches and the qualification stages for competitions, as I will base the performances in those games on who will start the big tournaments.

On a club level, San Marino also has the worst Nation Coefficients. This is probably the hardest task of them all, as we need our two clubs to drive Sammarinese football forward. Unfortunately, games in the Campionato Sammarinese will be rather easy in these early stages, but if we can push on and hopefully get far in the Champions League and other European competitions, we can bring more money to the league and hopefully a better reputation to the other clubs in the far future. We are currently ranked 53rd in the Qualification Places league (Last Place) and we're allotted One Champions League place and two Europa League places.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I decided to make it fair and choose two teams that aren't in Europe first season, because there is only 1 champions league spot.

I was referring to the season when and if we manage to qualify not this one. It seems my assumption was correct :)

Gotta love how Gentile started as an agile & fit player. It'd have been better if lady luck smiled on him and granted some more marking, flair & creativity.

All 17's for Penalty Taking, Finishing, and Composure, with 20 Determination thrown in to top it off for Park. Looks like Damagnano won't have any trouble converting those pesky spot kicks. (I have no idea if determination helps with penalties, but I suppose it can't hurt)

Friendly Match - Domagnano Vs Fiorentino

I've decided to give you a little taster and start off our very first match with a friendly between our two teams :D

First Half

Not much happened in the first half, apart from Fiorentino's obvious dominance in possession. They ended the half with 61% of possession and had several shots on goal. Domagnano have only had two shots on target so far, but had a very good chance with a great save from Arawn Moridin.

Injury: Scevola Zangari

Second Half

50th Minute: Edoardo Lorenzo makes his way into Domagnano's area after a spell of possession dominance, but Richard Marino goes in hard and Lorenzo goes down under the challenge! The Fiorentino players look towards the referee... PENALTY!!!

51st Minute: Nick Adam steps up to the spot to take the penalty... Will Swain go the right way??? Adam smashed the ball low into the bottom right corner... GOALLLLLL!!! 1 - 0 Fiorentino!!!

56th Minute: A horrible pass from DiSalvo hits his own player and bounces back towards his own goal! Duffinci picks up the ball and it's three vs two! Duffinci takes it out wide and puts in a fantastic cross which Park hits on the volley into the bottom left hand corner!!! GOALLLL!!! Park with a fantastic goal and a fantastic cross from Duffinci! Domagnano 1 - 1 Fiorentino!

71st Minute: A great chance for Park from a fantastic through ball by Alacarde, but a fantastic save from Moridin! It wouldn't have counted anyway as the flag goes up for offside.

85th Minute: Stothard steps up to take the corner... RICHARD MARINO!!! Brilliant header and what a way to make up for giving away the penalty earlier in the match! Domagnano 2 - 1 Fiorentino!

91st Minute: Nick Adam goes so close with a header from the corner, but it just grazes the bar!!!

FULL TIME!!! DOMAGNANO 2 - 1 FIORENTINO!!!

Man of The Match: Richard Marino

Domagnano Possession: 42%

Fiorentino Possession: 58%

Round 1 and Domagnano come out on top! :thup:

How many games a season are there?

I'm really not too sure right now as I haven't completed a full season yet, but the Campionato Sammarinese starts in two groups. One group of 8 and one group of 7. I think it splits into a play-off eventually for the European spots.

Btw, are Domag and Fiore fierce rivals? Would be great if they are.. Hahah..

Yes, I made the fierce rivals in the editor :)

yes! what a way to makeup for the penalty! man of the match as well! made my guy to score headers from set pieces (hope they've been set to go to me ;) ) a suggestion i have is that we ask to have certain stats trained. no effort on your part just us asking ;)

yes! what a way to makeup for the penalty! man of the match as well! made my guy to score headers from set pieces (hope they've been set to go to me ;) ) a suggestion i have is that we ask to have certain stats trained. no effort on your part just us asking ;)

I was already thinking this, along with being allowed to choose a preffered move to train or remove once per season.

San Marino Vs Peru - Friendly

I've decided to pick Peru as our first major challenge in International football. Peru are currently Ranked 26th in the World, so if we manage to some how get a result, we could end up with some big points!

Geraint Alacarde picked up a Twisted Ankle and has had to be replaced for this friendly match. He will be out injured for 5 - 6 weeks.

Formation: 4-1-1-2-2

GK - Matt Swain

DR - Davatzis

DC - Nick Adam

DC - Richard Marino

DL - Giuseppe Faci

DMC - Simone Finke

MC - Animosama

AMR - Edoardo Lorenzo

AML - Walter Ashario ©

ST - Scevola Zangari

ST - Daniel Park

Match Report

First Half...

17th Minute: Animosama finds himself with the ball 25 yards out and a clean look on goal! He smashes the ball and it deflects off a Peru player, but the Peru goalkeeper is equal to it.

21st Minute: Giuseppe Faci with a disgracefull pass puts Claudio Pizarro through on goal, one vs one! Pizarro hits it low in the bottom right hand corner... WHAT A SAVE BY SWAIN!!! Animosama reacts quickly to take control of the ball, passes back to Swain and he clears the ball up field!

35th Minute: A fantastic lobbed ball from Peru and Pizarro is clear through! Swain does all he can to make himself look big and thankfully puts Pizarro off as he smashes it inches wide! That was lucky!

36th Minute: Guerrero and Pizarro are running the defence ragid and are playing one-two's with one another. Finally Pizarro puts the ball through and Guerrero smashes it low... ANOTHER BRILLIANT SAVE BY SWAIN! But it's not over... Pizarro swoops on the ball... It's an open net and he just slots it in with ease. Goal to Peru - San Marino 0 - 1 Peru

40th Minute: Animosama whips the ball out wide to Faci, he takes it up the wing and smashes the ball across the face of goal! Ashario goes for the volley... Inches from the crossbar! Good stuff and a good response from San Marino!

45+2 Minutes: A cross from Peru and Cruzado gets his head on it... An Instinctive save!!! Swain is on top form here!

Second Half...

47th Minute: Triple Substitution...

Animosama Off, Lukio DiSalvo On

Edoardo Lorenzo Off, Stefano Duffinci On

Daniel Park Off, Plob Dork On

47th Minute: Edoardo Lorenzo is about to make his final contribution with this Free Kick! He steps up... GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!! Edoardo Lorenzo swipes the ball in to the top left hand corner!!! 25 yards out! San Marino 1 - 1 Peru

64th Minute: Substitution...

Walter Ashario Off, Jake Stothard On

82 Minute: Guerrero puts the ball through for substitute Fano, he's one on one... Goal to Peru - San Marino 1 - 2 Peru

92nd Minute: A HUGE mistake from Peru as they give the ball away cheaply, Stothard picks it up and smashes it forward... Plob Dork is through on goal! Acasiete fouls Plob Dork from behind... Red Card. That could have been the chance, but Acasiete took one for the team... The free kick comes to nothing.

Full Time...

Match Stats to come later...

Stothard is not amused with his line up.

Well at the moment the only player guaranteed a start in the next line up is Matt Swain, but there's a good chance Stothard will start, because i'm just experimenting :) He's on the bench right now anyway.

Make sure you check back regularly when I post match information, because i'll be updating that post as the match is being played :) 1st half is already up!

San Marino Vs Peru Match Stats

Possession - 41%

Matt Swain 5.8 - Bit confused by this as he played extremely well in my eyes and kept it close with 3 top class saves, was a 7.5 at least in my eyes.

Davatzis 6.4 - Probably just about right, the whole defence was a shambles at times.

Nick Adam 6.7 - Unsure at such a score, but the game is a bit strange.

Richard Marino 6.7 - Same as the above...

Giuseppe Faci 6.7 - Was probably slightly better than the other defensive players.

Simone Finke 6.9 - Played ok, but could be better, but it's early days.

Animosama 6.8 - Played well in my opinion, was a big part of most build ups. Was subbed only due to fitness.

Edoardo Lorenzo 7.4 - Was struggling to make an impact and was already confirmed to be subbed, but scored a free kick just in time.

Walter Ashario 6.7 - Struggled just like Edoardo Lorenzo.

Scevola Zangari 6.7 - Wasn't getting much service, so wasn't to blame.

Daniel Park 6.1 - Lost the ball often and didn't connect well with Zangari.

Sub - Stefano Duffinci 6.7 - Played much better than Edoardo Lorenzo, good substitute.

Sub - Plob Dork 6.7 - Had a fantastic chance to steal the draw, but was brought down in a desperate attempt, resulting in the red card for the opposition.

Sub - Lukio DiSalvo 6.3 - Not the best of days for Lukio.

Sub - Jake Stothard 6.5 - Maybe he needs more time on the pitch to prove himself.

Just so you know, I will only be doing these full match reports on important matches, which includes all International Matches, for now whilst we are a small country in terms of rank and matches between Domagnano and Fiorentino. The other league matches are very low key and I expect big scores, so I will just post the results.

Holland V San Marino - European Championship Qualifier

Holland are the current World Number 1! There is no doubt we are going to lose here, but I hope we can give them a run for their money! Unfortunately, fitness isn't on our side and the side i've picked is only based on the fitness of each player.

I've gone with the Tic-Tac type of play, just to see if we can keep hold of the ball and restrict Holland.

Here's the current situation... We will definately not qualify.

Formation: 4-1-2-2-1

Gk - Matt Swain

DR - Davatzis

DC - Richard Marino

DC - Luke Corcoran

DL - El Toono

DMC - Simone Finke

MCL - Lukio DiSalvo

MCR - Animosama

AML - Jake Stothard

AMR - Stefano Duffinci

ST - Plob Dork

Match Report - First Half...

3rd Minute: Holland are already showing their intent with an early break from Robben who uses his pace and whips in an inviting cross. Kuyt gets to the ball and hits the post... What a let off!

10th Minute: WHAT A GOALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! Absolutely amazing from Jake Stothard! He took the ball down the left hand side and decided to cut into the box with some great trickery. He heald the ball for as long as he could and eventually released a magnificent pass to Simone Finke who smashed it low into the bottom left hand corner from near the penalty spot! Holland 0 - 1 San Marino!!!

12th Minute: Some great defending by Marino, clearing another cross from Robben. Robben is definately causing problems with his pace.

16th Minute: Animosama picks up a Yellow Card after chasing down Sneijder and fouling from behind.

31st Minute: San Marino work their way forward and Simone Finke picks up a ball from Animosama who quickly finds the through ball for Plob Dork, but he doesn't accelerate fast enough and the defender catches up... Wasted chance.

32nd Minute: Robben has been a constant threat and runs from his own half, blazing past every player... He crosses the ball across the face of the goal... Goal by Kuyt, he made no mistake with that one! Holland 1 - 1 San Marino

45th Minute: Robben is at it again! He puts in a great cross again, but El Toono will be delighted with his acrobatic clearance! The ball comes back though and Sneijder puts a high ball into the box which is met by Robben and he hits the crossbar!

Second Half...

53rd Minute: San Marino are having to withstand some very heavy pressure and it's a corner to Holland. Sneidjer puts the cross to the back post which is met by Vlaar. FANTASTIC REACTION SAVE! Matt Swain is at it again!

Substitute: Edoardo Lorenzo On - Stefano Duffinci Off

Substitute: Scevola Zangari On - Plob Dork Off

63rd Minute: Finke puts a fantastic ball over the top, but the Holland keeper reads it and Holland get a huge let off as Edoardo Lorenzo was clear through!

64th Minute: An instant reply from Holland's big scare! Van Persie was inches from scoring, but Matt Swain stole it from his feet, fumbling the ball in the process, but is cleared by Corcoran!

69th Minute: Jake Stothard picks up a Yellow Card.

71st Minute: Robben picks up a lose ball and runs down the wing, putting in a great cross which is met with ease by Sneijder... Holland 2 - 1 San Marino.

75th Minute: Sneijder with another fantastic shot is well saved by Matt Swain.

76th Minute: Holland 3 - 1 San Marino... Matt Swain had no chance as Sniejder blasts a screamer from 20 yard! I have to say... What a goal!

82nd Minute Holland 4 - 1 San Marino... We did well to hold out this long, but it's starting to fall apart now. It's simply pin point accuracy and pace that is going against us.

Full Time

Your predecessor sure put you in a big hole for the qualifiers :p Hopefully Park can get his stamina higher so he can stay on the field longer and produce. Was nice to see the team hold Holland off for 70 minutes, too bad about the finish though

Well at the moment the only player guaranteed a start in the next line up is Matt Swain, but there's a good chance Stothard will start, because i'm just experimenting :) He's on the bench right now anyway.

Make sure you check back regularly when I post match information, because i'll be updating that post as the match is being played :) 1st half is already up!

Booo I say! BOOO!

Archived