+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [iOS & Android] FMH Save Editor by FMHVibe

Semi Pro

Default [iOS & Android] FMH Save Editor by FMHVibe

Ever wanted to up your money? Now you can. Ever wanted to see your players' hidden attributes? Now you can.

A word from the makers:
    Dec: When Foss approached me with this file I couldn't believe it. I have found it was so helpful and made sure I supported him in getting this finished and thankfully it has. I hope you all enjoy this as much as me.

Foss: Well, finally after hard and not so hard work I can proudly say that the FMH Save Editor is available for public download and I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did creating it.

What is this?
    It is a save editor for iOS/Android that gives you the ability to edit different things such as managers, players and clubs as well as see various hidden statistics in the game.

V 1.1 Changelist:
    * Fixed the overwriting save bug
    * Fixed the index bug that causes extreme edits
    * Minus wage value fix
    * Allow ability to edit club colours for home and away kits
    * Added player liked and disliked personnal onto the view

V 1.2 Changelist:
    * Fixed the transparency issue when editing colours
    * Fixed the player swapping bug
    * No more 21+ attributes
    * Allow ability to edit players' clubs
    * Support added for Android saves

V 1.2.5 Changelist
    * Fixed Value, Wages and Nationality editing
    * Restructured Value and Wages display
    * Amended .asg loading
    * Concatenated some attributes

FAQ:
    Where do I put this?
    This is a file that goes on your computer in which you extract and load the FMH Save Editor file. It will then prompt you to load your FMH iOS save file.

Should I back up my save first?
    Yes we always recommend you store a copy of your save before putting it into the editor.

I have found a bug, what shall I do?
    Just post it here.

Can I edit anything else such as player names?
    Sadly no, if you want to request something we will look into it but we've tried to include everything we can.

Are you planning to do a Mac version of this?
    Not at this time, sorry.

Ok, what about a FMH PSP game?
    No chance at present, sorry.

Great work, how can I reward you?
    To say thanks please buy a premium account which can give you unlimited downloads and help keep this site running too.

This is still a WIP so please report any bugs by posting.

Download

- Dec & Foss
    Last edited by Dec9693; 08-12-2012 at 17:26.
    http://fmhvibe.co.uk - The original Football Manager Handheld fansite

Amateur

Im afraid this does not work mate and I now have an file in the FMH folder on my iPhone that I can get rid off.

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewDriverNo1 View Post
    Im afraid this does not work mate and I now have an file in the FMH folder on my iPhone that I can get rid off.
    Please bear in mind that I expect this is a WINDOWS program not an iOS one - to use it I expect you have to transfer your save game file off from the iPhone and onto the PC, then view/edit it and put it back onto the device.

PS - Congrats Foss, looks great

Semi Pro

Andrew:
    Where do I put this?
    This is a file that goes on your computer in which you extract and load the FMH Save Editor file. It will then prompt you to load your FMH iOS save file.

Amateur

I dragged my save game file onto my desk top, edited it and then when I try and save the changed I get an error message

Amateur

PS well done tho people will be amazing when I get it working!

Semi Pro

We have noted a problem and since hopefully fixed it where overwriting a save causes an error. Hopefully v1.1 is released tomorrow with a few new features - club colour editing for example, and bug fixes with the one you stated and a very random index being generated for no reason after using this being the main two.

Thanks for your support and patience, this is the first release so hopefully we can get bugs fixed as soon as we can.

Amateur

Will we be able to do transfers with this in the future? Well done again

Semi Pro

Hopefully, Foss isn't online to ask but I know you cannot change names due to the way it is stored. I wouldn't imagine it would be much problem though so in the near future it could be implemented but I don't want to give my word as I don't do the coding, I also wouldn't want to rush everything in causing a chain of bugs again.

Amateur

Hi dec for us mac users,would it possible to use a save you have edited on windows ?

Semi Pro

Yes. Sadly though we don't have Macs to make a version for it.

Amateur

Interesting...are you able to set the date back to 2012 in order to evade the season limit, or is that a hardcoded variable somewhere sneaky?

Semi Pro

Intresting idea, I will look into it.

Amateur

I can't get the edited files to play at all, when I try and load them the game closes.

Semi Pro

V 1.1 Changelist:
    * Fixed the overwriting save bug
    * Fixed the index bug that causes extreme edits
    * Minus wage value fix
    * Allow ability to edit club colours for home and away kits
    * Added player liked and disliked personnal onto the view

Download

- Dec & Foss

Amateur

Maybe someone here in the FMH community with a Mac and some coding skills will be willing to work with Dec and Foss in order to bring an editor for Mac OS X as well?

That would be great...

Semi Pro

I have researched a Mac compilier which could work but due to none of us having a Mac we cannot test it so want to perfect the Windows version first.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Dec9693 View Post
    I have researched a Mac compilier which could work but due to none of us having a Mac we cannot test it so want to perfect the Windows version first.
    I can test it out on different Mac models if you like, from iMacs to MacBooks.

Semi Pro

Thanks, I will consider that when we feel we are at the point to test on the Macs. You could always give me one if you like ;)?

Amateur

WARNING - This editor has just RUINED a game I have been playing for MONTHS!! . I made one change to one player (Lowering his wage and Value so that I could release him)

AND

The position of EVERY SINGLE one of my players has changed. My star striker (David Goodwillie ) is now a goal keeper, my midfielders are now defenders etc
    Last edited by AndrewDriverNo1; 28-02-2012 at 16:19.

Semi Pro

That is why you should read the OP. We advised you to back up before editing in case so we can take no blame for that.

We had tested it and found v1 did this on SOME occasions, we tried to fix it on several games provided to us that had this error so we tested it again and it was fine. Sadly however it seems the problem was a bit more complex which is expected from 2 people testing and 100 (105 downloads to be exact) and while we edited the bug it seems we didn't fully fix it. If you can provide us your save game we can look into it and hopefully fix it. Thanks.

While I appreciate you are trying to help please don't be so darned rude. This is a complex thing to do and we are trying to fix it ASAP - the editor isn't majorly bugged as we have only found this one to do with the games so far and while it is a big bug this isn't an easy thing to do and hope you can respect that.
    Last edited by Dec9693; 28-02-2012 at 16:14.

Amateur

Sorry i didnt mean to have a go I know you are doing this for free and in your own time I was just disaapointed and was enjoying the saved game. I have started a new career and saved over it mate so dont worry about it.

I will keep an other save slot free and am happy to test the editor out for you guys with a random save ( Not Mine!haha )

Semi Pro

It is fine, I can understand the frustration and we are trying to stamp bugs out quickly.

We did have this in though:
    Should I back up my save first?
    Yes we always recommend you store a copy of your save before putting it into the editor.

So really it is your choice whether to do it or not and we cannot take the blame for you not doing this, sorry.

Amateur

I have been playing a season today after editing a few stats this morning. a few of the stats changed from the 20's i set to mid 10's but i just wanted to see it working. one thing i noticed was that i set man utd to rich and in this first season using it i had the bankrupt message saying i will have to sell players. i also set capello's stats to 1's allover hoping he would get the sack in time for the euros but it hasnt happened yet.

bit annoyed i had to register to your site to get the download though.

pretty good so far though. well done fella's.

Semi Pro

"I have been playing a season today after editing a few stats this morning. a few of the stats changed from the 20's i set to mid 10's but i just wanted to see it working. one thing i noticed was that i set man utd to rich and in this first season using it i had the bankrupt message saying i will have to sell players. i also set capello's stats to 1's allover hoping he would get the sack in time for the euros but it hasnt happened yet."

Could you send me the file please? I am currently doing some tests on the club side and the finance worked perfectly so I am a bit confused this side.

"bit annoyed i had to register to your site to get the download though."

This is for protection, we've had many people steal our stuff before and in order to stop bots coming in and ruining statistics. I feel this would benefit you as well as ourselves.

Thanks for the feedback and nice work .

Amateur

I don't know if it's a bug or just freaking incredible, but my old keeper that I had for years has 255 for movement. Yes 255. Gotta be a bug some where in there.

Semi Pro

We thought we'd fixed this. There was an issue with 21 attributes too. Can you send me the save please?

Amateur

any chance you can implement the ability to change the players club?

Semi Pro

It is on the list to edit for sure. It is a high priority of ours but we need to get this bug fixed first.

Amateur

Seeing as you've managed to crack it, plan on revealing the save file specification? ;P

Semi Pro

I don't really think that is fair on SI.

Amateur

We thought we'd fixed this. There was an issue with 21 attributes too. Can you send me the save please?

I've also noticed that it switches Tackling and Shooting whenever you go to edit a player occasionally. Just go edit Arsenal and you will see.

Edit: forgot to ask, whats your email so I can send the save file?

Amateur

It is on the list to edit for sure. It is a high priority of ours but we need to get this bug fixed first.
    Awesome, care to share what else is on the list? For instance maybe add badges to the teams? I think if we can change the players team I.e messi at Newcastle (a boy can dream) with the Newcastle badge and kit ths would be really great additions!

Semi Pro

Tyler - My email is Dec@FMHVibe.co.uk. You can also upload the file to mediafire.com and post the link here if that would suit you better.

Newcastle - We have a few things we'd like to do such as player position changes but badges isn't stored on the save file sadly.

Amateur

Hi Dec, may I ask when will the new update for the editor be released. By the way, I am new in the forum.

Semi Pro

We don't have a release date as we wouldn't want to disappoint if something happens. All I can say is hopefully soon.

Welcome to the site .

Amateur

Just wanted to say cracking job with it, never though I'd see an FMH (IOS) editor!

Had the same issue where when I change any figure whether it be attribute ect all of my players swap positions. Looking forward to the next release/editor!

Amateur

This looked very promosing - but it has gone very quiet after initial bugs were discovered - with no news of version 1.2 or bug fixes on the FMHVibe web-site.

Lets hope that it gets updated (with a broader range of features) soon.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Two View Post
    This looked very promosing - but it has gone very quiet after initial bugs were discovered - with no news of version 1.2 or bug fixes on the FMHVibe web-site.

Lets hope that it gets updated (with a broader range of features) soon.
    Patience mate, they have released the last version 9 days ago.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Two View Post
    Doesn't mean they aren't trying to fix it or make a better version

Semi Pro

"This looked very promosing - but it has gone very quiet after initial bugs were discovered - with no news of version 1.2 or bug fixes on the FMHVibe web-site."

Sorry I am trying to answer every person but there's only so much we can say. I have stated we are still working on this and that's the reason we're quiet though I'd love to be saying it has this, this and this. We did thought we'd fixed the issue several days ago but we didn't so we haven't released. As mentioned before we're looking to add transfers into 1.2 but priority is fixing the bugs. Thank you for your patience.

Do bear in mind that my updates to FMH take considerably longer than 9 days to create and I work on the game full-time ... as such a hobby project such as this editor might take a little while for them to investigate issues with and fix, I'm really impressed at how far its got personally.

Amateur

Hi guys, it's being some times since the last update. Just wondering any news for v1.2.

Semi Pro

We have both been busy. I have had 6 assignments in 3 weeks and Foss has 5 assignments due in soon too. We are still working on it but time at the moment is limited.

Semi Pro

V 1.2 Changelist:
    * Fixed the transparency issue when editing colours
    * Fixed the player swapping bug
    * No more 21+ attributes
    * Allow ability to edit players' clubs
    * Support added for Android saves

Download

- Dec & Foss

This post has been promoted to an article

Amateur

Well done, thank you

Semi Pro

No problem. Guessing it works then?

We stupidly forgot to add the option to save as Android but if you save as a .dat then rename it back to a .asg then it works.

Amateur

Transfers work ok unless the team you move a player too is full then the player just disappears....

I also had a 35 year old still on £50,000 a week so tried to edit his wages but didn't work...

No big deals tho , you have done amazing making this. Well done again

Amateur

Yeah, this works very well except as Andrew just mentioned changing the wages doesn't seem to work at all, I've tried with about 5 different players now to no affect.

Really awesome work on this though.

One feature that might be good would a way to reset the date so you could play more than 30 seasons. It's probably not possible or whatever due to the nature of the save game file, I don't know what data is in there but if it could be done then it would be amazing.

Semi Pro

"Transfers work ok unless the team you move a player too is full then the player just disappears...."
    Seems odd, I think releasing him on a free will be needed to be added in when this occurs.

"I also had a 35 year old still on £50,000 a week so tried to edit his wages but didn't work..."
    Will look into this too, thanks.

"One feature that might be good would a way to reset the date so you could play more than 30 seasons. It's probably not possible or whatever due to the nature of the save game file, I don't know what data is in there but if it could be done then it would be amazing. "
    We've looked into this already and sadly it isn't possible, sorry.

Thanks both of you for your wonderful comments too, means a lot.

Amateur

Perfect, but even though it says you fixed 21+ attributes my 'keeper James Fossdyke's Flair is 255.

Semi Pro

Can I have the save please. 255 is the maximum number of bytes stored so something isn't right however if you give me the save I can look at it.

Amateur

Im sort of having the same problem with Andrew though that I moved a Free Agent to my club and he has completely disappeared from my game.

Amateur

Can I have the save please. 255 is the maximum number of bytes stored so something isn't right however if you give me the save I can look at it.
    Sure, how can I send it to you?

Semi Pro

The first issue is being looked at, we didn't think anyone would overload their squad (you can put players in your reserves) so didn't add in a "fail safe" option.

Follow the pinned topic in this forum on how to send SI save games but Email it Dec@FMHVibe.co.uk or upload it to a file sharing site and post the link here.

Amateur

255 is the maximum number of bytes?... That's one huuuuuge number, you could build half an operating system bootloader in that xP

Semi Pro

Wrong wording, I can read and do binary just didn't word it right ;).

Amateur

Ok, Ill send it tomorrow, im going to bed now lol

Amateur

I can't load my save game in FMH Save Editor...
    When I put my game on my computer, it's a .asg file, is this correct?
    If I start the editor, it doesn't recognize the file?
    Am I doing something wrong?

Grtz,
    Kenneth

Quote Originally Posted by Kennethvds View Post
    I can't load my save game in FMH Save Editor...
    When I put my game on my computer, it's a .asg file, is this correct?
    If I start the editor, it doesn't recognize the file?
    Am I doing something wrong?

Grtz,
    Kenneth
    .asg is quite correct for an Android save game file - I believe that chaps have edited the editor so that it should detect and work with that file extension, if it doesn't try renaming it to fm_save1.dat then seeing if it'll load into the editor BUT rename it back to the original file name before you put it back on the device (or the game won't be able to locate it).

PS - This editor is NOT an SI product and obviously it may well mess up your save, use it at your own risk .... I'd recommend heavily backing up any save games before editing them just in case they get messed up.

Amateur

Thanks for the info Marc.
    I tried the things you said, but when I want to put the file back on my device, I get an error saying that my device doesn't support the file type...

Anybody got this working with android?

What app do you use to transfer you save game?

p.s. I'm using a Galaxy S2

Grtz,
    Kenneth

Personally when I transfer data on and off my S2 I normally use one of the Wireless transfer apps which are kicking around the store (Wireless Explorer Pro or something like that I think its called) ....

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Airdroid is supposed to be a decent free one as well, there's loads and loads of them out there.

Amateur

Downloaded "Wifi File Explorer".
    The app gives me a URL, but when I put the URL in my browser, it doesn't connect...
    "Page not found"...

Quote Originally Posted by Kennethvds View Post
    Downloaded "Wifi File Explorer".
    The app gives me a URL, but when I put the URL in my browser, it doesn't connect...
    "Page not found"...
    Is your device online using wireless? - also make sure you use the :8000 or whatever at the end of the URL, its important ..

Amateur

Another bug.

I edited 2 players - moved 2 players from Rangers!

I started a new game as Hearts and noticed a bug......

I was 50-1 odds against Hibs! (I noticed they were favourites and was shocked!)

They Wer 33-1 to win. Editing data must affect the reputation of your club as this happens in the next few games too against other clubs.

Semi Pro

I will look into it. May help if you say what you edited exactly and what you have - Android or iOS.

Thanks,
    Dec

Amateur

Maybe i'm just being an idiot here, but can someone please tell me how to open my edited game on my iPad... I edited my save, saved it as a .dat file, added it to the app in itunes and synced my iPad. But when i start FM on my iPad the file isn't in the list of files that i can load. Again, i'm probably being an idiot, but would be grateful for some help with this.

What name did you give the file? - it has to be one of the ones expected by the app or it won't be recognised ...

Amateur

I overwrote my savegame, but i think I added .dat at the end. Later I tried again and called the file 'ajax save'.
    I wasn't aware that I needed to use a specific name for the file. Could you tell me what the expected file names are so I can try again?

Amateur

I used to do that with files, I put .dat or .tga .jpg etc but it would already add it so I would have two .jpg, just change it back to save1 (I think its called) or whatever th save was before, it should automatically add the .dat and It should work.

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dezeman View Post
    I overwrote my savegame, but i think I added .dat at the end. Later I tried again and called the file 'ajax save'.
    I wasn't aware that I needed to use a specific name for the file. Could you tell me what the expected file names are so I can try again?
    This thread will show you the correct file names to use...

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...save-game-file

Amateur

I've got FMH 2012 on both my iPod and my Android phone, so far this editor has been fairly good. Just wish it had more features like database editing such as creating/changing leagues or league names, creating/changing clubs, as well as adding new players. As Marc has said in the past, it's unlikely there will ever be a simple in-game editor on iOS or even the Android version and since some people may want to manage in leagues that aren't currently available or just want to create their own club on FMH it would be a great idea to have a data editor for FMH 2012. Or just incorporate these features in the current save editor.

It would be great to have something like the FM editor that comes with the PC version of FM.

Default Problem for android?

does the save game editor work for android?
    im wondering because it gives me the option to look for android files but i have put the files on the pc hardrive but the editor wont find them
    any help
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonbarrett View Post
    does the save game editor work for android?
    im wondering because it gives me the option to look for android files but i have put the files on the pc hardrive but the editor wont find them
    any help
    thanks
    In theory I believe yes it will - however its not created or supported by SI so you'd be better off asking that sort of query on the FMHVibe forums where someone involved in its development can answer you ...

Semi Pro

I have answered your message on FMHVibe Jackson.

Amateur

Can i use the editor on my macbook ?

Semi Pro

Not yet, we will look into it in the summer (at the moment it is exam/assignment time).

Amateur

another link to download the editor data? i'm new here. i cant download in original website..

Semi Pro

You can, you need to sign up and validate then you get 2 downloads per 24 hours.

Amateur

Will there be another update for this?

Semi Pro

There will be but please be patient. I finished College on Friday and have a bucketload of stuff to do for Vibe and other things, I also need to talk to Foss too.

hi there, i have downloaded the save editor and extracted on my pc. however, when i try to open my .asg file from my android tab, a message appear saying that the save editor stop working.

then, i save of .asg file on my pc and open from there.
    but i cant edit the club i manage from the save file.

next, how do i save my .asg file after edit because it only allow to select .dat under save type.

any idea and help, please?

The editor isn't an offiicial product (ie. nothing to do with SI) - but perhaps save as a .dat and then rename it back to its original name afterwards?

noted Marc, i will try it out.
    thanks.

Amateur

When ( obviously take as much time as you guys need as what use have done so far is great so dont want to you to think im moaning etc)

But when you do update the editor will you be adding new features? or fixing things like being able to change wages etc

Semi Pro

We are already working on it, we are taking our time due to this as we want to be able to get as much stuff in it and working as possible.

Amateur

We are already working on it, we are taking our time due to this as we want to be able to get as much stuff in it and working as possible.
    Well Done again for what you have achieved already!!

Semi Pro

Thanks, we are trying to get more in for players (position, dual nationalities, wages etc) but also clubs hopefully.

Amateur

I have worked out that if you move more than one player to a club then one of the players is removed from the game. So you can add each teams main summer signing which is still good

Amateur

Semi Pro

It is being worked on but I have a new job and Foss has had other commitments so things have been pretty hectic. A lot of the bugs are being ironed out as we speak though.

Amateur

link is no longer working? or is it just cos ive only just registered?
    Last edited by haroat; 02-10-2012 at 23:13.

Semi Pro

Have you validated your account? What are you downloading on?

Amateur

on win7 on pc, get this error code #10849.

Semi Pro

Have you surpassed the daily download? What is your username?

Amateur

nope, not downloaded anything. username is Haroat.

Amateur

nm, fixed it

Amateur

Hi

Some transfer help please

Why is it when I change the squad I want some of the players are missing out of the game totally??

Am I doing it wrong or too many at a time? What is it as its soooo frustrating...any help would be great??

Cheers

Semi Pro

Please refer to earlier in the thread, we've noted this as a bug.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast