Lost in Iceland? I don't think so

bjoggi33

Hello and welcome. This will be my first career that I am posting on this forum. I will be taking charge of my local team here in Iceland, Keflavík. Hopefully this will be a fun and interesting career. Should probably state that I'm not a big writer so don't expect huge updates!

Here is the database setup, I have only the Icelandic divisions loaded as my computer is not the best. I also have all players based in Iceland and from Iceland.

So here I sit as the new manager of Keflavík. They are a semi-professional club that play in the Icelandic Premier Division (Pepsideildin). Keflavík play their home games at Nettó-völlurinn that hold up to 4000 people (1100 seated). Keflavík's biggest rivals are Grindavík and with other rivals like Njarðvík and KR. Keflavík possess average training facilities and basic youth facilities. The finances are decent but nothing extreme.

keflavik_h.png1073.pngkeflavik_a.png

clubinfo.png

Manager Profile

The Squad

My aims for this career is to make Keflavík the dominant force in Iceland and get Iceland known for something else than the eruption of Eyjafjallajökull and the Blue Lagoon.

1073.png

Keflavík - 2011 Season Preview

Friendly Results

Screenshot2012-02-25at14927AM.png

Board Expectations

Icelandic Premier Division - Qualify for EURO Cup Media Prediction - 4th

Icelandic Cup - Reach the Semi Final.

IUP - Just to be competitive.

Budgets

Transfer Budget - £14,820

Wage Budget - £5,395 p/w

Current Wage Bill - £5,280 p/w

Transfers

Not a lot of activity. Only one player signed.

Deniran Ortega(ST) - Signed on a free transfer after he was released from Slavia (Sofia) He takes up a foreign slot in the squad but he's worth it. Made an instant impact in the IUP (Icelandic Upper League Cup)

Transfer summary

1073.png

Keflavík - 2011 Mid Season Update

Screenshot2012-02-25at51334PM.png

Well we haven't been as consistent as I would have liked in the league. But it's all starting to click and we have 3 wins in a row in the league, we've had some unlucky losses in the league that could well have been wins. Hopefully our recent form wont slip and we continue to fight for a European spot.

IUC - Came 3rd in our Group and didn't qualify for the Semi-finals. Had a nice win like the 7-0 win over KA and the 5-1 win over HK.

Icelandic Cup - We started the cup in the 3rd round with a 3-0 over Reynir, a lower league club, in the 4th round we drew Breiðablik and won them comfortably 2-1. We proceeded to the Quarter-Finals were we drew Grindavík, our biggest rivals. Hopefully we will go all the way to the finals as i'd like to get some silverware the first season as I can't see us grabbing the league at this point.

Fixtures

1073.png

Keflavík - 2011 Season Review

Icelandic Premier Division

Screenshot2012-02-26at71758PM.png

The season started bad with two losses and two draws, we managed to pick yourself up a little bit and sat 3rd at the halfway point. After that the title was pretty much a certainty when we were 4 points ahead with two games left. Those games didn't go as planned and we drew 1-1 vs Fylkir and lost 3-2 vs Þór but we snatched the title with 1 point over KR and Valur, who came 2nd and 3 respectively. Great to win the league in the first season and qualifying for the Champions Cup will hopefully bring more money into the club.

IUC - Came 3rd in our Group and didn't qualify for the Semi-finals. Had a nice win like the 7-0 win over KA and the 5-1 win over HK.

Icelandic Cup - Fell out in the Quarter-Final vs Grindavík on penalties.

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Deniran Ortega(ST) - A good debut season. He and Steinarsson worked well together upfront.

Gudmundur Steinarsson(ST) - Was joint top scorer in the league with Ortega. He wont be with us next season as he refused to sign a new contract.

Adam Larsson(DC) - The Swede did good in the defense but he was only on loan here at Keflavík so will go back to Mjällby AIF for next season.

Gudjón Andri Antoniusson(RB) - Good season for him and averaged a 7.12 rating.

Marco Ingrao(ML) - Fine season for the winger.

Season League Position Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------
2011 Prem Division 1st League Champions
[/Code]

1073.png

Keflavík - 2012 Season Preview

Friendly Results

Screenshot2012-02-27at24344PM.png

Board Expectations

Icelandic Premier Division - Challenge for the title - Media Prediction - 2nd

Icelandic Cup - Reach the Semi Final.

IUP - To be competitive.

Budgets

Transfer Budget - £0

Wage Budget - £5,068 p/w

Current Wage Bill - £5,440 p/w

Transfers

Sekou Ouattara - Free transfer from KR.

Craig Healy - Released from Aston Villa, he's not very good just brought him in for backup.

Transfer summary

Champions League

Champions Playoff

First leg: Keflavík 2 - 0 Rangers. Quality of possession more important than quantity? Didn't expect this at all! Unfortunately our star defender picked up his 5th yellow card and will miss the second leg at Ibrox Stadium.

Second leg: Rangers 2 - 2 Keflavík. A dream start with Ortega scoring in the first minute! Can't believe we are trough to the groups of the freakin' Champions League in our first try!

Life sure is sweet :D

Keflavík - 2012 Season Review

Icelandic Premier Division

league12.png

What a good season it was for Keflavík. After a poor showing in the IUC and the Champions Cup we managed to win the league with 2 games in hand and 11 points more than KR, who came 2nd. The league itself started slow with two draws in a row but after that we pretty much dominated the league and only lost two games in the league which I think is pretty good. Now we have won the League two years in a row.

IUC - Another poor performance this year.

Icelandic Cup - Lost 2-3 to Selfoss in the 3rd Round.

Champions League - Proud of the team to reach all the way to the Group Stages. Winning the Scottish giants, Rangers on the way. The groups went pretty much as expected and I finished 4th. Really delighted with the surprise 2-1 win over Benfica. Here is the Group Table.

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Transfers

Finances - After reaching the Group Stages of CL we got around £6,000,000 and some of that money went into this.

Key Players

Jainudeen Nongwele(MC) - A transfer we have been waiting for since quite awhile, he came in the August transfer window and despite playing only a small amount of games he deserves a spot here as he played magnificently in the midfield making 8 assists in 7 league games

Deniran Ortega(ST) - He was injured for the first part of the season but he was our best striker with 16 goals.

Sandy Paillot(DC) - What a player! A heading god and scored a massive 16 goals with his head. He also isn't too shabby in the art of defending ;).

Sekou Ouatarra(DC) - Was Sandy's partner in the defense and did great.

Your CL results are a lot more respectable than mine. I lost 7-0 in Portugal, but I held them to 0-0 on my lumpy icefield.

Kudos on the the Youth Facilities. My chairman bought me a brand spanking new stadium (bigger than Laugardalsvöllur) with my CL money, unimaginatively named HK Stadium... though I think HK-völlur (I'm led to believe völlur means field, or something along those lines, in Icelandic) would be more appropriate.

Your CL results are a lot more respectable than mine. I lost 7-0 in Portugal, but I held them to 0-0 on my lumpy icefield.

Kudos on the the Youth Facilities. My chairman bought me a brand spanking new stadium (bigger than Laugardalsvöllur) with my CL money, unimaginatively named HK Stadium... though I think HK-völlur (I'm led to believe völlur means field, or something along those lines, in Icelandic) would be more appropriate.

Cheers mate. Yes, I would like to see more names for the stadiums. Maybe be able to name it yourself or something like that?

Cheers mate. Yes, I would like to see more names for the stadiums. Maybe be able to name it yourself or something like that?

It's possible to get a ground named after your manager if you hang in for long enough and acquire legendary status. That's an achievement I've always wanted to do, yet never managed. Probably my ultimate FM target...

1073.png

Keflavík - 2013 Season Preview

Friendly Results

friendlies.png

Board Expectations

Icelandic Premier Division - Challenge for the title - Media Prediction- 3rd.

Icelandic Champions Cup - Win it.

Icelandic Cup - Reach the finals.

IUP - To be competitive.

Budgets

Transfer Budget - £2,51M

Wage Budget - £16,218 p/w

Current Wage Bill - £12,5 p/w

Transfers

Lee Naylor - Brought in as a Player/Fitness Coach. He's 32 years old so I'm expecting him to become a full coach next season but he will be decent enough DL position.

Julián Guzmán - Came in for £230K from a club in El Salvador. Despite being only 19 years old he is a good keeper and is set to have a bright future here in Iceland.

Maximiliano González - The clubs new record signing after paying a £1,000,000 compensation. What he lacks in pace he makes up for with his ridiculous team and work rate.

Mads Laudrup - The son of who many believe to be the best player Denmark have ever produced, Michael Laudrup. He came on a free transfer after his contract ran out with HB Køge. Good player who can play on the left wing and in the middle.

Transfer summary

Champions League

Second Qualifying round

First leg: Keflavík 3 - 1 Bóltfelagið B36. A solid 3-1 win. Would have liked to see more goals scored as we dominated them.

Second leg: Bóltfelagið B36 0 - 6 Keflavík. Again, we win with a larger margin. Good game.

Nice close to home tie

I just had to make 2 trips to Eastern Europe in Azerbaijan and a slightly closer trip to Macedonia and next I'm of the the Czech Republic.

Nice close to home tie

I just had to make 2 trips to Eastern Europe in Azerbaijan and a slightly closer trip to Macedonia and next I'm of the the Czech Republic.

Does the game take note of the extra cost traveling to a distant country? If so it might be good that I drew Rangers(2nd year in a row) in the Champions Playoff.

Archived