Realistic, and irritating!

Whilst waiting for the new patch before I REALLY get into the game, i started a new one today as a sunday league rep manager in charge of england. First game, Terry, Cole and Lampard all got a bit 'cocky' so i dropped them and just went with youth instead, which served me quite well, I only lost one game, a friendly to Ivory coast, and we dominated it. I only conceded 7 goals, and 4 were to Ivory Coast, and we scored about 3 in most matches so I was optimistic for the european championships, drawn against Ukraine, Belgium and France.

First game, everyone has full morale, playing usual formation, and no changes to the usual first eleven, with the exception of Carrol in for Rooney because he was injured, Ukraine win 2-0, scoring in the 9th and 30th minute.

Second game, everyone is very good morale, usual formation, couple of changes, Rooney is back in, and Lennon is in for Young, Nianngolan (sp?!) scores in the 9th minute and we are unable to get a shot on target, despite going on overload, take more risks, get ball forward, put ball into box, every offensive shout I can do and Belguim win 1-0, we go out as France beat Ukraine.

Third game, with no pressure on, we win 3-0, dominating the game, also saving me from the sack.

Can't decide whether I should have gone with a more established squad instead of sticking with my youngsters, or the game is an even better simulation of real life than I thought, and England will crumble in tournaments whatever happens!

Yeah stay with them. I am just in the group stages of the WC with them, took them over from day one. I dropped Ferdinand and Terry right away. Stevie G is still good for 45 mins though and Joey Barton is brilliant.

Yes, you read that properly, I have Joey Barton in the squad at the World Cup :)

In 2020/21 & combining managing England with Spurs, I managed to qualify for & win the Euro Championship (beating Denmark in the final)... just started WC qualifying with a 6-0 win over Hungary at home & a 4-2 away win over Bosnia.

Rooney has 176 caps & 113 goals (despite being sent off & banned for 3 matches at the Euro's) and is still really quite good.

Archived