database problems

Im having some problems trying to update my database. Ive done this a few times before so im pretty sure im doing the right thing, but the new database doesnt show the new changes. I downloaded a new database update for the january season.

I hit start new game, then click changes. I go under my data editor and tick the box for the database i want to use. I click confirm..the game loads...but then it doesnt show the changes from the database i picked. What else am i missing? thanks guys

I even loaded the database on my editor and I didnt see any changes on it. I downloaded a few other databases to see if the one i downloaded was faulty. Any database update i download doesnt work.

yea i have it all in the correct folder, and i see the updates when i click on "start new game" then "changes". i see them in the editor tab. I click on the update i want to load...but after the game loads i see no changes. Same with the actual editor. Ill load up the editor, then load up the database, but i dont see the changes on the editor either. This is with numerous databases im trying.

I think .dbc goes in a different folder than .xml, one goes in db and one in editor data changes i think, i might be wrong though, i always end up with about 3 copies of the files ive downloaded trying to get the editor to work, ask around in the editor forum!

Archived