fixture list is a joke.

This has already been brought up numerous times and discussed until the horse was nothing but pulp. It's unfortunate, yes, but when you're in 3 or 4 different competitions, you're going to run out of days to schedule games on. I think the final date of the season is hardcoded to prevent it from being pushed back into International tournaments and you having games scheduled after all your players are called up for international duty. This in turn forces games to be shoved into a limited amount of dates.

I think the main problem is that if this were to happen in real life, there would be a human being using common sense to rearrange the games whereas a computer doesn't possess that attribute. I'm not a computer programmer so I'm not sure how easy this is to sort. I would imagine though that if it was a relatively easy fix, SI would have done it by now.

It seems to be a 'lesser of 2 evils' at the moment. Do you play 9 games in 2 and a half weeks with a full squad, or do you end up playing rearranged games at the end of May/beginning of June when you have had most of your squad called up for international tournaments?

My team will have played an astonishing 67 matches if we win everything this season which is looking a good bet

38 premier league games

6 league cup games

6 fa cup games

13 champion's league games

4 other cup games

That is a game virtually every midweek as well as every weekend and I still cope!

Part of the issue may be the manner in which the computer re-schedules games for a later date; it's not uncommon for me to go ten days without a game in the first half of the season due to Cups/call-ups. However, the computer tends to push these games back about a month or so, leaving me with a grueling final month of playing every other day.

Also, sometimes it can be your own doing, inadvertently - you might have drawn a cup game and now have a replay, you might have poor pitch facilities so games get postponed because it's in poor condition, etc.

Best thing to do is give your players a day of rest from training every now and then, and invest in having decent squad depth. And if you fall out of a competition once or twice...well, that's football :p Better luck next year, eh?

I thought this is one of the more realistic part of the game, top club manager is often have to CHOOSE which competition he'd want to concentrate in, or risk failing in most of them because they push their players too hard... For reality check you can look back and see how many clubs have won double/treble and how people see that as an accomplishment.

My team will have played an astonishing 67 matches if we win everything this season which is looking a good bet

38 premier league games

6 league cup games

6 fa cup games

13 champion's league games

4 other cup games

That is a game virtually every midweek as well as every weekend and I still cope!

83 games roughly a season I end up playing :(

Brilliant league, strange league structure compared to Europe and loads of very good Mexican players. I haven't been there on FM12 yet but loved it on FM11 and FM10.

I ran it for my career save on FM11 and there were a few decent players in it. Bought a few. I'm waiting for the update before starting a career save on FM12 but I did mess around with a pre season. I noticed that some players from the Mexican League who got work permits in FM11 did not get them in FM12 (younger players). Another example was Funes Mori - although Argentine - he got a permit in FM11 and not in FM12. Not sure if it will be part of my career save in FM12.

my fixture list is a joke

i play on

thur 26.4

sun 29.4

mon 30.4

wed 2.5

sat 5.5

mon 7.5

wed. 9.5

fri 11.5

sun 13.5

i have 5 games in hand.. and im going to go out all of the competitions because of it.

The answer then is to do what many Managers in the past have done. The either play a side in a cup competition that is very weakened or play a side expecting to get knocked out of a cup to focus on a more important one. You are the Manager so its in your control

You are trying to win all competitions and now suffer because of it

The answer then is to do what many Managers in the past have done. The either play a side in a cup competition that is very weakened or play a side expecting to get knocked out of a cup to focus on a more important one. You are the Manager so its in your control

You are trying to win all competitions and now suffer because of it

Wise words MrPompey.

I think playing back to back days is actually a problem though. If it EVER happens IRL, it's EXTREMELY rare. But in FM11 and 12, I hear stories like this all the time. Playing two days in a row is basically a bug, and SI should strive to fix it. Is it a glaring, awful, huge, game-breaking bug? No. But I can understand why the OP is complaining.

Guys, you don't have to try to find a way to be an apologist for every little error in the game. Psychologists call that 'rationalizing'. ;)

I think playing back to back days is actually a problem though. If it EVER happens IRL, it's EXTREMELY rare. But in FM11 and 12, I hear stories like this all the time. Playing two days in a row is basically a bug, and SI should strive to fix it. Is it a glaring, awful, huge, game-breaking bug? No. But I can understand why the OP is complaining.

Guys, you don't have to try to find a way to apologize for everything. Psychologists call that 'rationalizing'. ;)

there is a bug with Europa league fixtures causing 3 games like this in December in 2012 I think.

But what the OP has shown is not a bug. The game cannot extend the seasons finish date and because he's had games rearranged, postponed and been successful in all competitions he's been in then the game has to do the fictures somehow. Hence the back log of games.

Archived