Lower Leagues, Complete Squad Makeover

Im planning on starting a game with Crawley town once this new patch comes out(come on SI get on with it) and am just wondering about the squad. I know crawley have a pretty solid squad as it is but Ive seen around the forums people starting a new game and just wiping out the entire squad and staff and starting from fresh. Im wondering if people have had any success doing this or would advise against it. With Crawley you could probably get awya with keeping some of the players as they are pretty good as I said. The only problem I can see is the bank balance plumenting from releasing players. SO any tips anyone?

Also I remember seeing somewhere a thread were people have done this and built a squad from free agents/cheap deals. Anyone any ideas

Certainly in English non-league it is worth bringing in an entire new squad. A good BSS player is on 200-300 a week, you can get better free agents who for some reason want 30-40 instead. Demands need to be much higher, especially those moving areas - I don't think you should see many part timers move to a new area for £30 a week!

Play the first season and just see what happens.

Get rid of any unwanted high-wage players if neccessary - that would be my only main piece of advise.

Yeah that seems logical, just wanted to see what peoples opinions on it were. Might start a save now just to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

No need. Every lower league club i've ever started with has had a few gems to hold onto.

I go in thinking i'll sell everyone then a few do great and save you the bother. Obviously as time goes on you'll faze them out in order to improve though.

Yeah, slowly start to bring in better players, from what Ive seen around the forums though Jamil Adam is a must buy for a lower league team. Not really got into a long term save on FM12 yet apart from my Blackburn save in Season 4, I tend to start a lot of games get bored move on so want a real challenge now :)

Archived