When getting new intake of players how can I get better players in different positions?

Hi Guys,

I'm playing as Woking and approaching the end of my 5th season here, for the past 3 seasons I have had 3 really highly rated strikers (one a season), and one highly rated CM to enter my youth team through the intake system. After loosing the first striker to Huddersfield after forgetting to sign him to a professional contract as soon as possible. I now have 2 decent strikers and a good CM in my youth, now I got one of my favourite parts of the season, new intake of players and I have another really highly rated strikers. Now I'm not complaining to have another but I won't be able to get all of them to reach there potential so I will end up loosing a few of them and I have other gaps which I have to sign players instead of youth. Is there a way to try and change the players that come into my side through this method or is it pot luck?

Thanks in advance

Personally I make sure to save the game on 12th March, then keep re-loading until I'm happy with the new youthies :)

thats pretty much cheating in my opinion, dont get me wrong im not judging you, play the game as you wish. But for me personally i like to play as it was intended, which is to take what u get and not reload for any reason. It is same with losing a match, i dont reload when this happen so i can make some poncy screenie of my league win with Bolton in season one.

thats pretty much cheating in my opinion, dont get me wrong im not judging you, play the game as you wish. But for me personally i like to play as it was intended, which is to take what u get and not reload for any reason. It is same with losing a match, i dont reload when this happen so i can make some poncy screenie of my league win with Bolton in season one.

Of course it's cheating.

But you only benefit 4 or 5 years down the line.

So it's hardly a gamebreaker.

When you're so far into the game - newgens are the big appeal for carrying on.

Personally I make sure to save the game on 12th March, then keep re-loading until I'm happy with the new youthies :)

Won't lie I'm always tempted to do this. Thus far I have resisted temptation though, paid for it too, last years youth intake was an absolute shocker

On my current save I've taken FC Halifax from BSN to League 1, and I've noticed I'm starting to get a more balanced bunch of youth players now than when I began, even though I haven't upgraded our youth development. In my first season, I got 4 youth left-backs :confused:. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but maybe your club's reputation/league affects your intake?

In a way, it makes sense - lower down, fewer players will want to join you, so you take what you can get; higher up, you can pick and choose a bit more.

Archived