+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Big Fish in a Small Pond - Game Thread

Amateur

Goal difference ruins my life!

Part-Timer
    Champions League prediction winner 2013/2014

Been having a change of heart about the points system. How does this sound:

In essence there are 46 places from the top of the Premier division to bottom of the 2nd division. I was thinking that points awarded for where you finish in the pyramid so top of premier gets 46 points, 2nd gets 45 points, 3rd 44 points, etc all the way down to 1 point for coming bottom of the 2nd division. I think this would mean that teams who are regularly successful will be near the top. Also means that teams who are loitering in the lower divisions but amounting a lot of points wont have an advantage. Also thinking of adding points for promotion to the top league, not just winning it. So new points system would be:

- 1-46 points depending on league finish
    - 10 points for winning tier 3
    - 15 points for promotion from tier 2
    - 20 points for winning tier 2
    - 30 points for winning the top flight
    - minus 10 points for relegation
    - 15 for cup win
    - 100 points for any European glory

I'm quite sure this will mean the teams who have been in the Premier and 1st divisions will be near the top and the ones yet to achieve promotion will be near the bottom. Also think it means everyone will be alot closer and will still be alot to play for in the last 4-5 seasons. Thoughts?

Part-Timer

Fair enough I'd say. This is all about teams so the point system shall be directly on them, not at all related to the players' personal achievements.

Part-Timer
    [FM14] It's not you, it's me. I just can't do club monogamy anymore!

That looks good to me mate.

Amateur

Little Tiko bashing them in! Happy days.

Amateur

Seems a good system to me!

Reserves

good system, are you thinking of doing a points count back so it is the same all the way through?

Part-Timer

Yeah the table will be amended. Probably won't be until Wednesday due to work

Part-Timer

2016 Mid-Season Update

Premier Division

Edoardo Lorenzo and Tromsdalen are flying back in the big time. Lorenzo has been in great form laying on plenty of assists to help propel the club up into 3rd place. Hopefully he will be back from foot injury soon to try and win a European place.

First Division

Steve Duffy is on fire again for Pors. His 25 league goals have lifted the club to top spot and they have 6 points cushion to 3rd place. If Duffy and co. can keep up the pace they should be playing top flight football next year.

John Crane is looking to bounce straight back with Valdres. They head the chasing pack behind Pors and must be favourites to land one of the promotion spots now. The past experience of promotion form the league and already playing top flight football should give them an advantage over the other teams.

Daniel Park will be happy with the start Tonsberg have made. Back in 3rd but still in with a shout of promotion, itís looking a great debut year in the 1st division.

Omar Brown is in magnificent form for Strindheim. Already he has 27 goals in all competitions and has the club sat in 4th spot. Canít be counted out for promotion but history has shown it is all on Omarís shoulders.

Lewis Leddy and Algard are having another good year and are currently in 5th place. They are there on goal difference alone and it just needs a decent run to shoot them into the promotion spots. Algard are in the middle of a takeover and it remains to be seen if that will benefit the club.

Mike Nevo and KFUM Oslo have had a poor start. They occupy 10th place and looks like it will be another year in the 1st division. The club are too good to get involved in the relegation scrap but not good enough to catch the top clubs.

Jesus Christ is out of form for Nest-Sotra. Only 2 clean sheets so far and he has conceded 25 goals on the other 10 league games. Going to be a difficult run in but they are only 2 points from safety so itís not over yet.

Santi Ganso and Raufoss are deep in trouble. A 5 point return at this stage of the season is not good enough. They sit 2nd bottom and 7 points from 12th place. Ganso has just come back from a few weeks out with injury. Hopefully he can drag the club clear.

Tiko Brohan is finding the step up with Vindbjart very tough. Tiko has grabbed a few goals but itís not been enough as the club prop up the league. On a run of 8 consecutive defeats in all competitions and still awaiting a first league win, it is difficult to see how they will avoid relegation now.

Group One

Herring has had a great start as Skeid currently sit top of the pile. Itís close at the top but Herring is in good form and they should be hard to catch if he can keep performing.

Dench Frimpong isnít far behind with Moss. They face Skeid within the next few weeks and again in the penultimate game of the season. If both teams continue performing the title could be decided then.

Jaime Bowmimo isnít too far back in 3rd place with Baerum. They have already beaten the league leaders once this season and, if they beat them again in the return fixture, promotion is still possible.

Severus Moody and Steinkjer have had a poor start. They are 6th in the table and 8 points off promotion. It will take a monumental effort to top the league from here.

Arawn Moridin needs to show some signs of improvement to ensure Lorenskog donít get dragged into the relegation spots. Only 1 point clear at the moment and Moridin is again not performing. Just been another change of manager though so hopefully we will see them move up the table soon.

Group Two

Jake Stothard will be happy to see Follo top of the league. The club has been in great form even when Jake missed a few weeks with a head injury. Itís very close though and they canít afford to be complacent.

Wolodymyr Zelenko and Lillehammer are second on goal difference only. They lost the opening game but are unbeaten in all competitions since, including beating the league leaders. Looks to be between the top two and the return fixture could prove to be a title decider.

Group Three

Geraint Alacarde continued the good form from the end of last year to get Notodden into top spot. He has grabbed plenty of goals and assists while the defence are also playing their part. Will need to keep it going though as it is very tight at the top.

Luke Corcoran and Floy are onlt two points behind and still have to play the league leaders twice. Their next two games (and the final two games) are against the current top two. If they can get results their they could make themselves favourites for promotion.

Group Four

Freddie Whites has got Harstad into a good position. Top of the league and 3 points clear, Freddie should be confident about promotion from here. Has grabbed goals and assists in equal quantity and if he keeps it going will be very difficult to catch.

The Cup still holds interest for a few of the clubs at the quarter finals stages. Tonsberg, Strindheim, Lillehammer and Oslo are all still in with a shout. Will be at least one of the clubs in the semi finals as Strindheim and Lillehammer face each other.

Amateur

Hmm, noticed decline in some attributes.. Anyway, hope Geraint can keep up and PLEASE Notodden. Don't disappoint!!

Part-Timer

Another good season for Duffy! Lets hope Pors can keep it up for the season as it's so tight at the top. I'm still scoring 67% of our goals which is worrying!

Amateur

Looks like theres a decent chance for one of our teams to finally break through for a cup win, which I assume carries a Euro Cup spot. Should be interesting to see who gets the victory there

Amateur

That's better. Promotion this season and then push on from there. A bit weird to see that Harstad have a Vietnamese player..

Amateur

D'oh! I'm giving up on Moridin. Every season just seems to get worse and worse! LÝrenskog is going down

Part-Timer

Hopefully Bowmimo can really produce in the 2nd half of the season and get back up to the 1st division

Amateur

Come on! We need this promotion!

Amateur

woo. Flying high in 3rd!

Part-Timer

Like the change to the points.

As for Josh Crane, keep it up and get Valdres back where they belong.

Part-Timer

New table has been done and it does look a lot fairer. If anyone thinks I have calculated their points wrong just let me know.

Code:
                      League Points   League Win   Cup Win   Relegation   Total
    Edoardo Lorenzo        105            45                    -10        140
    John Crane              84            25                    -10         99
    Santi Ganso             83            10                                93
    Mike Nevo               78            10                                88
    Jesus Christ            74            10                                84
    Steve Duffy             70            20                    -10         80
    Lewis Leddy             64            10                                74
    Daniel Park             49            10                                59
    Omar Brown              48            10                                58
    Jaime Bowmimo           53            10                    -10         53
    Freddie Whites          51            10                    -10         51
    Luke Corcoran           49                                              49
    Tiko Brohan             39            10                                49
    Herring                 46                                              46
    Dench Frimpong          46                                              46
    Geraint Alacarde        41                                              41
    Jake Stothard           38                                              38
    Severus Moody           38                                              38
    Wolodymyr Zelenko       33                                              33
    Arawn Moridin           30                                              30

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by larxus View Post
    Hmm, noticed decline in some attributes.. Anyway, hope Geraint can keep up and PLEASE Notodden. Don't disappoint!!
    Surprised any attributes are going down. Just checked and he hasn't been injured so not sure what to put it down to.

Quote Originally Posted by duffy89 View Post
    Another good season for Duffy! Lets hope Pors can keep it up for the season as it's so tight at the top. I'm still scoring 67% of our goals which is worrying!
    Doesn't matter who scores them as long as the goals fly in. Anene isn't getting as many assists though this year.

Quote Originally Posted by slich View Post
    Looks like theres a decent chance for one of our teams to finally break through for a cup win, which I assume carries a Euro Cup spot. Should be interesting to see who gets the victory there
    Yep. Euro spot for the cup winners. It will be interesting to see how the clubs perform in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by TWFL View Post
    That's better. Promotion this season and then push on from there. A bit weird to see that Harstad have a Vietnamese player..
    He's been at a few of the clubs. Spent 2 1/2 years at Floy with Luke Corcoran and then second half of last year wt Lillehammer with Zelenko. His history shows him as being in Norway since 2007. He's not much of a player and I'll be surprised if he's still there next year. Especially if Whites gets promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by dieu View Post
    D'oh! I'm giving up on Moridin. Every season just seems to get worse and worse! LÝrenskog is going down
    Don't look at the points table, doesn't make good reading for Moridin. Still a long way to go in the sign up. Wouldn't write him off just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbowmanuk View Post
    Hopefully Bowmimo can really produce in the 2nd half of the season and get back up to the 1st division
    Be good bet for promotion if he pulls his finger out. Not performed on a personal level so far and they are still in 3rd spot. Has the ability to get them to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by stothy View Post
    Come on! We need this promotion!
    Everyone needs promotion

Quote Originally Posted by ejldude View Post
    woo. Flying high in 3rd!
    It's a brilliant start. Was very surprised by how well they are doing. Top 5 get European spots (depending on the cup winner) so they have a good chance of getting into Europa league.

Quote Originally Posted by glennuk View Post
    Like the change to the points.

As for Josh Crane, keep it up and get Valdres back where they belong.
    Think everyone will find the new points system better. Valdres look good for a promotion spot, could easily win the league if Duffy gets injured at Pors

Amateur

I think Geraint just got lazy at some point..

Amateur

this is a new scenario for Algard, we are normally up there!! hopefully leddy can fire us up!

Part-Timer

Does strindem actually buy any players ?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Animosama View Post
    Does strindem actually buy any players ?
    They've actually been very busy this year. They just seem to buy same calibre of players and leave it all up to Omar

Part-Timer

I think the league table gives a fairer reflection now.

It looks like Pors have signed a couple of players, I'd be quite interested to see American, Steve Riley and Ivorian, Vamouti Diomande. Looks like they're having good seasons!

Part-Timer

Already managed to holiday to the end of the year. Not sure if I'll have time to get an update done today but I'll try. I have noticed a 123 in the goal of the year award so thought it was worth sharing. Must say that as good as Park's strike is, Duffy gets my vote. Unfortunately Jesus Christ was on the receiving end of two of the goals.

1. Daniel Park - A memorable goal from Park as he runs from inside his own half before hitting a long range curling shot

2. Steve Duffy - An absolutely incredible goal from the striker as he picks up the ball in his own half, dribbles past the Nest-Sotra defence and hits a defly executed finish

3. Omar Brown - An absolutely incredible goal from the striker as he picks up the ball in his own half, dribbles past two Nest-Sotra players and hits a well struck effort
    Last edited by ShyBaldBuddhist; 22-03-2012 at 09:48.

Part-Timer

I think the league table gives a fairer reflection now.

It looks like Pors have signed a couple of players, I'd be quite interested to see American, Steve Riley and Ivorian, Vamouti Diomande. Looks like they're having good seasons!
    Diomande
    Riley

Riley looks a decent defensive midfielder. His passing and creativity are quite low so not quite sure how he has managed so many assists.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ShyBaldBuddhist View Post
    Diomande
    Riley

Riley looks a decent defensive midfielder. His passing and creativity are quite low so not quite sure how he has managed so many assists.
    Riley looks like the engine room of our team! What a guy, hopefully we can hold onto him, Diomande looks ok for this level too.

Cheers SBB

Part-Timer

Already managed to holiday to the end of the year. Not sure if I'll have time to get an update done today but I'll try. I have noticed a 123 in the goal of the year award so thought it was worth sharing. Must say that as good as Park's strike is, Duffy gets my vote. Unfortunately Jesus Christ was on the receiving end of two of the goals.

1. Daniel Park - A memorable goal from Park as he runs from inside his own half before hitting a long range curling shot

2. Steve Duffy - An absolutely incredible goal from the striker as he picks up the ball in his own half, dribbles past the Nest-Sotra defence and hits a defly executed finish

3. Omar Brown - An absolutely incredible goal from the striker as he picks up the ball in his own half, dribbles past two Nest-Sotra players and hits a well struck effort
    To be fair, that is an outstanding goal with the outside of his boot from Park, don't mind losing to that!

Third Team

herring and elvis in the same team the dream has happened

Part-Timer

2016 Season Review

Premier Division

Edoardo Lorenzo and Tromsdalen become the first to manage European qualification. Third is a great finish for the newly promoted Italian, was only 2 points off the Champions League spots too. Had a great season personally as he amassed 21 assists, a new league record, and clinched the midfielder of the year award.

First Division

Steve Duffy continued the great return of goals to fire Pors to top of the league. They will need to tighten the defence up when they step up to the top league though. Twice this year they conceded 7 goals and that will not be good enough in the Premier League. Duffy swept the board on seasonal stats, top goal scorer, most MOM awards, highest AR and also won players player of the year.

John Crane fell away with Valdres. Four consecutive defeats in August appear to have ruined their promotion chances. Looks like a rebuilding job at Vadres as they have off loaded most of the first team squad and retained just 7 players.

Daniel Park earns back to back promotions with Tonsberg. Itís a fantastic achievement for the club and Park personally. He had a great year scoring and providing goals in quantity, including the goal of the year. Also made it to the cup final but didnít have enough in the tank to grab the win.

Omar Brown should be disappointed not to be going up with Strindheim. It was in their own hands with 2 games to go but they did have two tough games. Away to Tonsberg and home to Algard on the final day, if they managed to get a win in either game they would have made it. Unfortunately a 4-2 defeat to Tonsberg and a 6-3 loss against Algard ensured another season in the first division.

Lewis Leddy and Algard finish just outside the promotion places again. Managed 40 league goals for the first time and if he can repeat that next year Algard should be close again.

Mike Nevo and KFUM Oslo again did enough to stay up but they are not looking like challengers at the moment. Nevo was out of action for a few weeks with a knee injury but itís unlikely he would have been able to get them much higher in the league.

Jesus Christ suffered a terrible year for Nest-Sotra. He only managed 4 clean sheets all season and saw 64 goals fly past him. It left the club well adrift at the foot of the table and a rebuilding job for next year.

Santi Ganso and Raufoss got a few more points on the board but relegation looked inevitable after the first half of the season. Ganso topped scored with 11 and also managed a few assists. Hard to believe that 2 years ago they were minutes from promotion to the top flight.

Tiko Brohan and Vindbjart are heading straight back down. They managed a few wins in the run in but were not good enough in the end. Hopefully they will bounce straight back up and give it a better shot next time.

Group One

Herring secures promotion with Skeid. It looked easy in the end as they won by 13 points, suffering just one defeat along the way. Will be Herringís first shot at the first division and the club will need him to perform to have a chance of staying up.

Dench Frimpong and Moss couldnít catch the leaders. All Frimpongís best work was on the defensive side again but he has the talent and the attributes for a more creative role. I think the manager should be looking at moving him into a more advanced role to have a better chance at promotion.

Jaime Bowmimo finishes in 3rd place with Baerum. Itís a disappointing finish for a team dropping down from the first division and Iím sure Bowmimo will be looking for improvement next season. Baerum look like another club with a rebuilding job on as they let most of the first team squad go.

Severus Moody and Steinkjer could only manage a 5th place finish. Moody was the leagues top scorer but it wasnít enough to get the team challenging. Somehow the manager has secured a new contract too, after 5 seasons in charge I think the board should look at bringing someone new in.

Arawn Moridin got Lorenskog clear of relegation but itís another poor season for the club. Like Frimpong, Moridin could probably help the team more if he was played with a more attacking mentality. He averaged 5 tackles per game in the league but its goals that win you games.

Group Two

Jake Stothard is celebrating promotion at Follo. The club went unbeaten for the second half of the year and eventually won the league by 9 points. Jake was in good form as the giant notched 13 assists and a 7.77 AR. Will need to improve on that again though next year when playing against better opposition.

Wolodymyr Zelenko has his best finish to date with Lillehammer. Didnít have enough to challenge the champions in the end but were well clear of 3rd place. Looks promising for next year if they can keep up the form.

Group Three

Geraint Alacarde finally earns promotion for Notodden. Couldnít have been much tighter though as it was secured on goal difference alone. Alacarde has Floy to thank for the promotion as they beat Randaberg on the final day which meant Notoddenís win was good enough to take them into the 1st division.

Luke Corcoran has his worst season yet with Floy. They havenít finished outside the top 3 in the previous seasons but have fallen to 6th this year. Will be yet another year when the Floy management rebuild the squad as they let everyone bar 4 first team players go.

Group Four

Freddie Whites returns to the first division with Harstad. Came down to goal difference in the end but Freddie wonít care about that as long as they go up. Had a great year as he scored and provided goals in abundance. Hopefully they can do better than the last time they played in the first division.

The Cup was eventually won by Rosenborg but Tonsberg had a good run to the final. They beat Strindheim in the semi finals but league champions Rosenborg were too strong.

Code:
    Edoardo Lorenzo        149            45                    -10        184
    Steve Duffy            100            40                    -10        130
    John Crane             110            25                    -10        125
    Mike Nevo               98            10                               108
    Daniel Park             78            25                               103
    Santi Ganso            101            10                    -10        101
    Lewis Leddy             91            10                               101
    Jesus Christ            89            10                    -10         89
    Omar Brown              76            10                                86
    Freddie Whites          65            20                    -10         75
    Herring                 60            10                                70
    Jaime Bowmimo           65            10                    -10         65
    Geraint Alacarde        55            10                                65
    Jake Stothard           52            10                                62
    Dench Frimpong          59                                              59
    Luke Corcoran           58                                              58
    Tiko Brohan             55            10                    -10         55
    Severus Moody           48                                              48
    Wolodymyr Zelenko       46                                              46
    Arawn Moridin           36                                              36

Part-Timer

Bah. Clearly Raufoss has some awful players and an even more awful manager to go with it. Ganso leading the scoring is justifying this, assuming he is played at MC rather than ST.

Part-Timer

Come on you Pors! Bloody hell, we need to tighten up our defence next year if we're going to have any chance of surviving. I take it we had some pretty high scoring games last season SBB?

Need to hold onto Riley for next season!

Part-Timer

Loads of them. Pors were definitely the entertainers last year. A few 3-2, 4-2 wins. Seem to remember a 5-3 defeat and a 4-4 draw too plus Strindheim putting 7 past them (can't remember who the other team where who scored 7 against them).

Riley is a certainly a key player, had a great year. Diomande is still there at too but is in the reserves at the moment.

Amateur

That Canadian, Lumley, looks pretty good on the flight flank. Looks like Tromsdalen are turning into the Man Utd of Norway with their wing play.

Part-Timer

That Canadian, Lumley, looks pretty good on the flight flank. Looks like Tromsdalen are turning into the Man Utd of Norway with their wing play.
    I'll get you a screenshot of him when I have chance. Got to get ready for work soon so not got time today.

Amateur

Awesome, great job by Tonsberg to get back to back promotion, and a good cup run as well. Also, doesn't the fact that Tonsberg lost to Rosenborg, who has a champ league spot, mean that Park gets to test out the Euro Cup as well?

Edit: Also quite surprising that they managed to reach the point where they get 2 champs league slots, I don't think I've seen Norway do that well in any of my saves
    Last edited by slich; 23-03-2012 at 14:53.

Amateur

Quite a way off promotion this year for Algard but next should be good if Leddy can keep his shooting boots on

Part-Timer

Once again Omar was so close

Reserves

relagation I thought JC was a good goalkeeper? Worst thing is i cant even blame the strikers!

Third Team

elvis and herring in an elevator to the stars

Part-Timer

Elvis may be leaving the building. He is out of contract soon and wand by a few clubs

Part-Timer

Lumley looks a decent player. Will do well to keep hold of him.

Awesome, great job by Tonsberg to get back to back promotion, and a good cup run as well. Also, doesn't the fact that Tonsberg lost to Rosenborg, who has a champ league spot, mean that Park gets to test out the Euro Cup as well?

Edit: Also quite surprising that they managed to reach the point where they get 2 champs league slots, I don't think I've seen Norway do that well in any of my saves
    Didn't cross my mind about Tonsberg getting into Europe as cup runners up but you are right. They are in the Europa league next year \o/

Rosenborg have won the league every year and qualified for the CL group stages a couple of times. Not sure how they have amassed enough co-efficient points for 2 CL spots during that time though as they haven't been pulling up any trees when they made the group stages

Amateur

Finally a promotion to be happy about!

Amateur

Hahah finally promoted!! and Geraint's scoring quite a number of goals for an AMC..

Part-Timer

2017 Mid-Season Update

Premier Division

Daniel Park has had a decent start in the top flight with Tonsberg. Currently in 9th place, they look a few too many points off the tops spots to challenge for Europe but survival will be an achievement for the first year up there. The club face Ekranas of Lithuania in the Europa league qualifiers in a few weeks. It looks a winnable tie on paper.

Steve Duffy is still able to knock the goals in for Pors but itís looking a harder season. Down in 12th they are 7 points above the relegation spots but canít get complacent. Keeping the ball out of their own net appears to still be a problem.

Edoardo Lorenzo has a fight on his hands to keep Tromsdalen up. Itís a mighty fall after last years 3rd place finish. Only 4 points adrift at the moment so it is manageable but needs Lorenzo and co. to find a few more wins from somewhere. They have not yet entered the Europa league qualifiers so unknown who they will be facing.

First Division

Omar Brown has knocked in 22 goals to fire Strindheim to the top of the league. After just missing out last year Omar will be pleased to see the club continue to move forward. Have a good 6 points advantage over 3rd place so look to have a realistic shot at promotion this season.

Jake Stothard has pushed Follo up to 3rd in his first season in the 1st division. They had a great start but lost the last couple of games, a run that coincides with top scorer Totland suffering a broken leg. If they can find a new striker to take his place they may not be out of the promotion race.

Lewis Leddy is enjoying a decent start again at Algard. They have been close for the past couple of years and still only 3 points off 2nd spot so canít be counted out to grab a promotion place. Lewis has been in great form as he knocks in 24 goals in all competitions.

Herring took a while to get Skeid going. They couldnít grab a win in the first 4 games but have since gone on a decent run. Now 7th and with an outside chance of back to back promotions but, it looks more likely it will be a season of consolidation.

Geraint Alacarde had a good start with Notodden but has just suffered a broken foot. Looks like he might miss the rest of the season and he will have to hope the rest of the squad have enough to keep them up.

Mike Nevo and KFUM Oslo sit middle table again. Itís the clubs 5th year in the first division and time they started showing some ambition to move up the table. Mike is in great form personally but canít do it all on his own.

John Crane and Valdres are drawing too many games at the moment. It has left them nearer the bottom than the top and a disappointing start for Crane. If they can start converting the draws into wins they will soon fly up the league though.

Freddie Whites is finding it just as tough second time round with Harstad in the first division. They are bottom of the pile and 9 points from safety so will take a mammoth effort from here to stay up.

Group One

Dench Frimpongis enjoying an unbeaten start as Moss top the table. With 3 goals already it could prove to be one of Frimpongís better goal returns this year. Just got himself injured though and will be out for 3 weeks with a twisted knee.

Jaime Bowmimo isnít too far back with Baerum. Only a couple of points in it at the moment and with Frimpong out it may give the Chilean a chance to catch up. Jaime is having a decent year as he scores and provides in equal quantity but all gets stuck in and makes the tackles. Looks a very good all round midfielder.

Santi Ganso and Raufoss are a place further back and four points off the top. Promotion isnít out of the question but will take a huge push from here to overtake the top two. Would have been closer if they had managed to beat Baerum recently but the club lost the match 3-2.

Severus Moody is scoring a few for Steinkjer but itís only good enough for 4th at this stage. It was a poor start to the season that left them adrift of the leaders. Currently on a 6 match unbeaten run and if they can keep going may be close at the end of the year.

Arawn Moridin is in a familiar position with Lorenskog. Itís still a mystery why the club are performing so badly year on year but again find themselves near the bottom of the table than the top. May be time for a change of manager but his role is said to be stable at the moment.

Group Two

Wolodymyr Zelenko could be on the verge of his first promotion with Lillehammer. In 2nd spot and just one point off the top spot, they have a great chance of going up this year. League leaders Ranheim travel to Lillehammer in a few weeks and the game will a massive decider in who lands the title. Zelenko and co. have already secured a draw against them in the away fixture.

Luke Corcoran is top scorer for Floy. He has grabbed six goals already but itís the problem keeping them out that leaves the club in 4th place. They have already shipped 16 goals but just managed 3 consecutive clean sheets. If they can carry that form on Luke may get a bit closer and there is only 3 points in it at the moment.

Group Three

Jesus Christ is looking to bounce straight back up with Nest-Sotra. They are in second and just 1 point off the top. It has taken 6 years but they look to have finally managed to find some goal scorers as they have fired in 29 league goals already.

Tiko Brohan is doing all he can to take Vindbjart straight back up. He is in magnificent form as he scores and assists in huge quantity. Only 3 points off the top at the moment the club are unbeaten so have to be fancied to be close at the end of the year. They have already faced the league leaders at home, beating them 7-0!

The cup reaches the fourth round and there is still a bit of interest. Pors, Valdres, Tromsdalen & Algard have been handed home ties. Vindbjart, Notodden & Strindheim have all been drawn away.

Part-Timer

Pretty happy with that from Pors and Duffy, avoiding relegation is vital this year! Riley is having another great year but defence still looks pish!

Good to see we're still in the cup, looking forward to taking on Geraint Alacarde and Notodden!

Amateur

Hopefully its third time lucky again for Algard!!

Amateur

A decent start to the season, hopefully Park can keep Tonsberg from being relegated. Unfortunate that they won't be able to repeat the cup success of last year as they've already been knocked out. Mind telling me who Tonsberg got knocked out by? Only two cup games played seems like either a really bad draw or a huge upset.

Part-Timer

Hopefully Bowmimo can get promoted this season, he's not assisting much though, must be due to poor strikers

Reserves

Yay! JC has some goalscorers!

Part-Timer

Pretty happy with that from Pors and Duffy, avoiding relegation is vital this year! Riley is having another great year but defence still looks pish!

Good to see we're still in the cup, looking forward to taking on Geraint Alacarde and Notodden!
    Bet Alacarde isn't quite so keen on facing Duffy and Pors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Lead View Post
    Hopefully its third time lucky again for Algard!!
    In with a very good chance I think. Only 3 points in it and Leddy is scoring for fun at the moment.

A decent start to the season, hopefully Park can keep Tonsberg from being relegated. Unfortunate that they won't be able to repeat the cup success of last year as they've already been knocked out. Mind telling me who Tonsberg got knocked out by? Only two cup games played seems like either a really bad draw or a huge upset.
    Was a pretty awful showing against Omar Brown and Strindheim as they went down 5-0

Quote Originally Posted by jimbowmanuk View Post
    Hopefully Bowmimo can get promoted this season, he's not assisting much though, must be due to poor strikers
    They have Pelligrino and Flekstad Vik leading the line. They don't look too good do they.

Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    Yay! JC has some goalscorers!
    About bloody time. Heimisson, Karoliussen & Monssen are the main men with 21 goals between them.

Not sure how long most of you have been playing FM but some may recognise a bit of a FM legend at Notodden. Think it was FM05 (possibly earlier) that Daniel Fredhiem Holm used to be amazing. Was surprised to see him in their squad list when I was taking the screenshots but got me remembering how good he used to be. Just need Tonton Zola Moukoko to pop up somewhere now
    Last edited by ShyBaldBuddhist; 28-03-2012 at 12:16.

Semi Pro

Jus as moss are r at the top Dench gets injured Arghhh unbeaten aswell KUTGW shy

Part-Timer

They have Pelligrino and Flekstad Vik leading the line. They don't look too good do they.
    I'd be surprised if them two ever managed to finish their dinner

Amateur

Follo for prem!

Part-Timer

Well, if I can't win Group 2 this time, it may never happen.

Part-Timer

I have lost my confidence in Raufoss as a team to be honest. We need a semi decent manager to support Ganso with a decent team of players, not rely on him solely and exhaust him as well!

Amateur

Poor so far from Freddie and co. they're better than this.

C'mon You Harrrss!

Part-Timer

Come on omar

Amateur

Bet Alacarde isn't quite so keen on facing Duffy and Pors.
    Hahah What do you mean by that? Game on!! Oh wait, is Geraint's injury over? Hahah..

Part-Timer

2017 Season Review

Premier Division

Daniel Park had an almighty collapse with Tonsberg. Just two more league wins in the second half of the season means they go straight back down. Itís an unbelievable turnaround after the good start they had. In Europe they eased past Ekranas, 6-0 on aggregate, but were outclassed by Aston Villa and went out 7-0 over the two legs.

Steve Duffy and Pors showed good signs of improvement and moved up to finish 7th. Picked up the profile of the year and top scorer awards.

Edoardo Lorenzo ensured Tromsdalen stayed in the premier division with some great displays. Managed 23 assists in all competitions but struggled to get himself on the score sheet with only 6 goals all season. Crashed out of Europe early on as Tonsbergís conquerors, Aston Villa, saw them off 8-2 on aggregate.

First Division

Omar Brown earns promotions with Strindheim. The league turned into a procession in the end as the club won it by 22 points. Brown celebrated top goal scorer and players player of the year awards.

Jake Stothard was 4 minutes away from back to back promotions with Follo. Level on points with Odd Grenland going into the last day of the season they faced Sogndal at home. With 86 minutes on the clock they were leading 2-1 whilst Odd were still level. Then a freekick was floated in to the box from the halfway line and stuck away for Sogndal to equalise and end Folloís hopes of promotion. It was a game Stothard was suspended for due to a needless yellow card in the previous game. Perhaps he could have made the difference if he could control his temper.

Lewis Leddy and Algard suffered 3 consecutive defeats at the end of the season to end their promotion dreams. They were games Lewis missed due to a dislocated shoulder and it looks like the team missed his goals. He was in great form again as he notched 41 in all competitions.

Herring and Skeid won only 1 of their last 14 games to get dragged into the relegation shake up. They just about managed to stay away from the bottom places but they need to improve for next year.

Geraint Alacarde managed to shake of his injury in time to play the last two games of the season for Notodden. He masterminded a 4-0 win over Skeid to give the club a fighting chance but a 2-1 loss to Sogndal put pay to their survival chances. Have to be favourites to bounce straight back if Alacarde stays fit next season.

Mike Nevo needs some help at KFUM Oslo. He is constantly one of the top performing strikers but without the support they remain a mid-table team. Grabbed 35 this season to ease Oslo into the safety of 10th place.

John Crane and Valdres almost clawed their way into second place. It was just too many draws in the end that cost them. Knocked in a load of goals again including goal of the season.

Freddie Whites is back down to division two with Harstad. They gave it a good fight though and lost only two of the last 14 games, including a 6-1 thrashing of Algard on the last day of the season. Should bounce straight back if they can continue that form.

Group One

Dench Frimpong earns his first promotion with Moss. Only one defeat all season for Dench and the boys left them 5 points clear at the top. Frimpong will need to start scoring and providing a few more though to have any chance next year.

Jaime Bowmimo and Baerum had a poor finish and end up 16 points off the champions. They have had a change of chairman and many thought he would want to install a new manager. Unfortunately for Jaime he gave the current man a new deal.

Santi Ganso and Raufoss were too inconsistent to seriously challenge for the title. Only once during the run in could they manage consecutive wins to finish 3rd and 10 points off the top. Ganso missed a few games during the run in with a facial injury but should be fine in time for the new season.

Severus Moody gave it a good go to get Steinkjer promoted. They won 12 out of 15 in the run in but it was only enough for 2nd spot. Was in great form personally as he notched 32 in all competitions.

Arawn Moridin ensured Lorenskog stayed up but they are still a team underperforming. The fact Arawn was top scorer with 6 shows the underlying problem. The manager has somehow secured a new 1yr deal for himself so could be more of the same next season.

Group Two

Wolodymyr Zelenko secured promotion with Lillehammer. They walked the league in the end as they went on a great run. Only two defeats all season and those losses came within the first 3 games.

Luke Corcoran will not be happy to finish in 4th place with Floy. Luke grabbed a few goals and almost hit double figures but it was the defensive duties that were required. They shipped 31 goals which isnít good enough as the best defender at the club he has to take part of the blame for that.

Group Three

Jesus Christ misses out on promotion with Nest-Sotra. They were a lot closer at one stage but then four games without a win and that appears to have put an end to any promotion chances.

Tiko Brohan capitalised on others failings and takes Vindbjart straight back up. Was in terrific form again as he scored and provided in quantity. Hopefully he will make a better go of it in the second division this time.

The cup was won by Stabaek. Was an open affair with Rosenborg getting knocked out early but none of the players could take advantage.

Code:
    Edoardo Lorenzo        183            45                    -10        218
    Steve Duffy            140            40                    -10        170
    John Crane             137            25                    -10        152
    Omar Brown             106            30                               136
    Mike Nevo              119            10                               129
    Daniel Park            110            25                    -10        125
    Lewis Leddy            115            10                               125
    Santi Ganso            113            10                    -10        113
    Jesus Christ           101            10                    -10        101
    Jake Stothard           80            10                                90
    Herring                 79            10                                89
    Freddie Whites          86            20                    -20         86
    Dench Frimpong          73            10                                83
    Tiko Brohan             69            20                    -10         79
    Jaime Bowmimo           76            10                    -10         76
    Geraint Alacarde        72            10                    -10         72
    Wolodymyr Zelenko       60            10                                70
    Luke Corcoran           69                                              69
    Severus Moody           61                                              61
    Arawn Moridin           43                                              43

Amateur

HOW CLOSE IS THE FIRST DIVISION?? shame Leddy got injured could've been a different story!

Part-Timer

I don't think Raufoss will be able to bounce back up from the fall. That single match, being few minutes away from the Premier Division then blowing it totally...

Part-Timer

Chuffed to bits that Pors stayed up but that doesn't hide the fact that we need to make drastic improvements to our squad for next season. I managed to play every game this season so if I get injured we're going down!

Amateur

Ooh, new formation. Judging by my Lorenzo's assits he has become playmaker extraordinaire.

Amateur

Jees we are yo-yoing like crazy. We just ran out of games there though. We really need to get a good team together..

Amateur

OH NO! That's the second time we have lost it in the last 10 minutes of a season I am sure!

Amateur

LÝrenskog keep underperforming. Surprise Surprise... *sigh*

Part-Timer

Finally we are going up the leagues, cmon Lillehammer!!!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Lead View Post
    HOW CLOSE IS THE FIRST DIVISION?? shame Leddy got injured could've been a different story!
    Was very close, anyone down to about 9th had a chance of promotion. No one seemed to want it enough though. I think the injury cost them 2nd place.

Quote Originally Posted by 5ergio View Post
    I don't think Raufoss will be able to bounce back up from the fall. That single match, being few minutes away from the Premier Division then blowing it totally...
    It's looking tough. Didn't imagine they would fall so far after being so close. Would probably help if they were in a different group. There's a lot of competition on group 1.

Chuffed to bits that Pors stayed up but that doesn't hide the fact that we need to make drastic improvements to our squad for next season. I managed to play every game this season so if I get injured we're going down!
    Seems to be okay on the injury front. Don't remember too many long lay offs. I think they will be okay now, first season survival is the key.

Ooh, new formation. Judging by my Lorenzo's assits he has become playmaker extraordinaire.
    Also adopted a new position as CM and appears to have played most of the season there.

Quote Originally Posted by TWFL View Post
    Jees we are yo-yoing like crazy. We just ran out of games there though. We really need to get a good team together..
    Was a great run at the end of the season. If they could start the season in the same way, they could be challengers.

Quote Originally Posted by stothy View Post
    OH NO! That's the second time we have lost it in the last 10 minutes of a season I am sure!
    Yeah in 2015 season I think it was. Hope they don't fall like Raufoss did after they missed out by minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by dieu View Post
    LÝrenskog keep underperforming. Surprise Surprise... *sigh*
    I think if they had a new manager it would be different. It's got to happen at sometime. Need to be in a different group too I think due to too much competition in group 1.

Quote Originally Posted by bergtaur View Post
    Finally we are going up the leagues, cmon Lillehammer!!!
    Really want them to stay up. The defenders have been slightly disappointing in their influence on the teams so far. Hope they are just late bloomers and can help the club move on from here.

Amateur

WHY!!! T-T If only I wasnt injured.. Haiz, nvm, let's go Nottoden!!

Banned

I don't think KFUM Oslo have any ambition

Part-Timer

FINALLY Omar

Part-Timer

Some very bad news I'm afraid guys. I was upgrading my PC to Windows 7 64bit and have lost the saves. I was sure I had FM installed on my E drive so wouldn't have to back it up. Appears I was wrong and it was installed on my C drive and I have lost the sign up save and my challenge save at Minsk. Absolutely gutted to have lost it as I thought most of the players were making progress now and there was a chance the likes of Omar and Duffy would start challenging for the league title soon. Apologies to everyone who signed up and was following, not a mistake I will make in the future!

Banned

Unlucky ShyBald, i've made the same mistake before as well, it's gutting Not your fault.

Amateur

Severus moody needs help! He can't get promotion himself. New signings needed to give him a hand!

Reserves

^ dont think this guy read the posts above him . Sad that this challenge has ended as it was really enjoyable.

Third Team

so i think we can all agree i would have won

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sebs View Post
    so i think we can all agree i would have won
    I'm afraid not, I believe I would have been a late bloomer

Amateur

Some very bad news I'm afraid guys. I was upgrading my PC to Windows 7 64bit and have lost the saves. I was sure I had FM installed on my E drive so wouldn't have to back it up. Appears I was wrong and it was installed on my C drive and I have lost the sign up save and my challenge save at Minsk. Absolutely gutted to have lost it as I thought most of the players were making progress now and there was a chance the likes of Omar and Duffy would start challenging for the league title soon. Apologies to everyone who signed up and was following, not a mistake I will make in the future!
    Ahh no! Loved this sign up! Thanks for all your work!

Semi Pro

Arghh freck oh well thanks for a running a very good sign up SBB

Amateur

Yeah thanks SBB It was good fun

Part-Timer

Cheers fellas. I may look at starting it up again soon if people are still interested. May be a few weeks off though as I have a lot of work to do atm.

EDIT: Actually how many are still interested if I set up another sign up thread? May start in a different league, max the PA from the start so progress is quicker and a few other tweaks. A show of hands over the next few days would be good. If still a few around I will get a new sign up thread going. We may even get a couple more people interested
    Last edited by ShyBaldBuddhist; 05-04-2012 at 09:13.

Part-Timer

I'd gladly join as you were consistent and excellent while running this one.

Reserves

I would do it . Although I think each poster should get to create two players to play for their club. This would mean that people would have to think when creating their players to make them work in tandem. it would also result in the teams having more success as this time there were only a few sides that made the premier division and they never looked like winning it or progressing in europe.

Amateur

I'm definitely up for another one.

Amateur

Same here! I'm in.

Amateur

+1 to staying involved in a new game

Part-Timer

So gutted to see this finish SBB, just as things were getting interesting! Thanks for all the great work

Amateur

A very good idea. Would happily sign up again.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    I would do it . Although I think each poster should get to create two players to play for their club. This would mean that people would have to think when creating their players to make them work in tandem. it would also result in the teams having more success as this time there were only a few sides that made the premier division and they never looked like winning it or progressing in europe.
    If all 20 left in this game signed up again that would mean 40 players to follow. Thats a lot of work tbh. It was taking a couple of hours per update as it was. I could pair players up at one team as suggested at the start of the other sign up but it kind of goes against the aim of the sign up.

I think the way forward may be to chose a lower ranked league. My idea was to download a data update for Northern Ireland which goes down to level 7 and has 7 cup comps. Was thinking to input the players at tier 4 so it's not too far from the top. Would be similar to Norway as it is based on 4 groups at tier 4. More cups means more things to follow and chances of winning something. The alternative idea was to choose an elite league like Italy or England and just see how far they can go. Not much chance of winning the top flights imo but may make it more interesting if the players were coming up against the well known players. Open to all suggestions at this stage.

Thanks for everyone who has replied saying they are up for take 2 of the sign up

Amateur

I think lower ranked (like N. Ireland) because then our players will definitely play.... unlike if it was Italy/England where our players may not make the team let alone challenge for anything. I will sign up either way though to be honest haha.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by tjt65 View Post
    I think lower ranked (like N. Ireland) because then our players will definitely play.... unlike if it was Italy/England where our players may not make the team let alone challenge for anything. I will sign up either way though to be honest haha.
    Yeah I agree, definitely Northern Ireland.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3