+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Big Fish in a Small Pond - Game Thread

Part-Timer
    Champions League prediction winner 2013/2014

Default Big Fish in a Small Pond - Game Thread

Big Fish in a Small Pond

Okay this is it. Twenty two of the worlds most promising stars have joined Norweigan 3rd tier clubs. Every one have been tied down on 20 year deals and declared to see out their contracts. The aim is simple. Take a small unknown Norwegian team as far as possible. Although they play in a variety of poistions, all players have been set the same PA and CA. Injury proneness has been set at 1 to make sure they get as much playing time as possible. I have also set all clubs that the youngsters have joined as professional. I hope this helps them to train the players on to reach their potential. The runners and riders are as folllows:

Group One

Mike Nevo will be turning out for KFUM Oslo. Fans will be hoping he can fire them to the 2nd place they have been tipped for.
    Arawn Moridin will look to anchor the midfield at Lorenskog. It's been suggested they could finish as high as 3rd place this year.
    Dench Frompong is looking to make his mark at Moss. They are the bookies favourites to lift the title this season.
    Severus Moody will lead the line at Steinkjer. Will have some ground to make up though as they are only tipped for 9th spot.
    Omar Brown hopes to make an impression at Strindheim. The bookies are suggesting a 5th place.

Group Two

Jaime Bowmimo has joined Baerum. Only tipped for 6th place this coming season.
    Jake Stothard will play for title favourites Follo FK.
    Demba Hynd will hope he can make the difference for Kristiansund BK. Can they surpass the 3rd place that has been predicted?
    Wolodymyr Zelenko is at Lillehammer. Media say 5th spot for LFK.
    Santi Ganso will be aiming to take Raufoss to the top. 2nd is the suggested finish this year.
    John Crane will turn out for Valdres. Can his goals improve on the 4th place finish they are tipped for?

Group Three

Lewis Leddy is at Algard. Looks to have the talent to to take the club higher than the 4th the media are predicting.
    Luke Corcoran hopes to be a rock at the back for Floy. Bookies say 2nd place for Floy.
    Jesus Christ will between the sticks for Nest-Sotra. Only tipped for 5th so JC is hoping he can keep the clean sheets to improve on that.
    Geraint Alacarde will be bossing the midfield for title favourites Notodden.
    Steve Duffy leads the line for Pors Grenland. Tipped for 3rd spot.
    Tiko Brohan the tiny winger starts with Vindbjart. Will need to do well as it;s said they will get no higher than 7th.

Group Four

Freddie Whites joins Harstad. Media predication is 4th place.
    Herring Herring-Herring-Herring hereby know simply as "Herring" has turned up at Skeid. Tipped for 2nd spot in the league
    Juan Coco Luis Pereira will be looking to fire the goals in for Orn Horten. Predicted they won't finish any higher than 5th.
    Daniel Park will ply his trade at Tonsberg. Can he fire the goals to match the 3rd place finish that has been suggested.
    Edoardo Lorenzo will take command of the midfield for Tromsdalen. Top spot is where they are expected to be come end of the season.

Amateur

Ouch 6 determination, should be interesting to see if the 20 influence can offset that to enable me to become captain.

Looking forward to this, thanks for starting it up!

Part-Timer

Turning out for Lillehammer huh? Perhaps I'll be inspired by the surrounding Olympic history!

Amateur

i really like the look of Lewis Leddy. looks to have a bright future... hopefully

Part-Timer

Ganso looking good even though it'd have been better if he had a bit more strength to that frame to be honest.

Amateur

Moridin just about looks like the perfect DPL. Looks very promising indeed!
    Although I do not like that he's so slow. Hope that improves as he gets older! You can't have it all I guess.

Amateur

Looks great! How many promotion spots in each division are there?

Amateur

Only one. And to get promoted you have to play a qualifying game against a winner from the other groups as well.
    At least that was the system when I was playing. It may have changed since then.

Amateur

Ok, just checked and the qualifyer is no more. Best team from each group gets promoted.

Part-Timer
    [FM14] It's not you, it's me. I just can't do club monogamy anymore!

Come on you PORS!!!

Amateur

Lets do this!

also, why does it say everybody is joining brann?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by zagaluke View Post
    Lets do this!

also, why does it say everybody is joining brann?
    In 2031 all the players are joining Brann. This is to ensure they stay at the starting clubs throughout their careers. Brann was chosen at random

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by TWFL View Post
    Looks great! How many promotion spots in each division are there?
    As dieu says. Just one promotion spot per group. It could mean 4 players are promoted straight away but may be asking too much in the first season. Three relegation spots per group but I'm hoping that wont affect anyone.

Part-Timer

Just to let you know about the updates. They will be regular but also quite sporadic. I work shifts so it can be hard to find the time to do it. Don't be surpised if there are sometimes 3 or 4 a week and just the one the following week. The game is being run on full detail. I am hoping this will mean the players have a bigger influence on games rather than results being decided on reputation alone. For the first few season I will be doing updates twice a season. If once the clubs get to the higher levels they start challenging I may change it to monthly.

Finally the scoring will be:

- 10 points for winning tier 3
    - 20 points for winning tier 2
    - 30 points for winning the top flight
    - minus 10 points for relegation
    - 15 for cup win
    - 100 points for any European glory

Group 2 has one team less playing in there. To ensure it's fair all clubs will have their average points per game calculated over the season. I will then multiply this by 2 and add it to the scores.

Good luck all. Hope we can make this a decent sign up

Reserves

really excited about this. jc looks to be a zanzibarian legend!

Amateur

Wow my guy looks epic! Maybe being at title contenders will be awesome

Amateur

Quite like the look of Moody, hopefully can inspire Steinkjer onto greatness.

Third Team

there's only one herring herring-herring-herring

Banned

Looking forward to the first update!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    Looking forward to the first update!
    What he said!

Part-Timer

Should have an update ready in the morning. Season has been run up to midseason. Just got to upload the screenshots and get it all typed up.

Part-Timer

Looking fwd to an update

Amateur

Is it just me, or are the screenshots really small?

Amateur

I'm not having any problems seeing the screenshots

Amateur

Hmm.. T-T.. I keep seeing small screenshots.. Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by larxus View Post
    Is it just me, or are the screenshots really small?
    I'm getting this too. Tried switching browsers and that didn't help. =(

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ejldude View Post
    I'm getting this too. Tried switching browsers and that didn't help. =(
    I even saved the picture, but didn't help either..

Part-Timer

2012 Mid-season Update

Group One

Mike Nevo has started well at KFUM Oslo. They currently sit top of the pile at the half way stage. Scoring and creating in equal amount Nevo is showing what a team player he is.

Omar Brown has the Strindheim fans in wonderland. He seems to score every time he takes to the pitch. He already has 16 goals to his name in just 13 games.

Dench Frimpong might not be scoring or creating too many for Moss but he is an important player. He is playing as a midfield enforcer. Averaging over 3.5 tackles per game he doesn’t mind getting stuck in, keeping the club in contention at the top of the league.

Arawn Moridin and Lorenskog may be too far behind now to have a chance at promotion. Already 6 points behind the leaders, Moridin may have to step up and start creating a few more goals for the team.

Severus Moody and Steinkjer can only match pre-season prediction of mid table at the moment. Moody has done well enough but he’s going to need better players around him to get the club up the league.

Group Two

Jaime Bowmimo must be delighted with how things are going at Baerum. The team are defying the media’s tip of a 6th place spot as they are currently unbeaten and sit top of the tree. Bowmimo’s 4 tackles per game average and 80% passing success must be playing a large part in their current success.

Santi Ganso and Raufoss aren’t too far behind though and are also unbeaten. An impressive 7.34 average rating so far and 5 assists in 11 league games shows Ganso’s contribution to the cause.

Wolodymyr Zelenko and Lillehammer are in 3rd place. Drawing a few too many games at the moment as they are struggling to find the net. Zelenko is doing his part by keeping the opponents at bay. Only 9 goals conceded so far in what looks to be a solid defence.

Demba Hynd isn’t exactly setting the world alight at Kristiansund. The team are doing well in 4th place but Hynd has only managed one goal and no assists. He is going to need to better to get the club into the higher leagues and fulfil his potential.

John Crane took a while to get going at Valdres. It wasn’t until the 8th game for the club he found the back of the net. He has gone on a decent run now though with 8 goals to his name, including a league record 4 goals in one game.

Jake Stothard must be wondering what’s gone wrong at Follo. They were favourites to win the league at the start of the campaign but find themselves in a relegation battle. Currently 12th and 4 points from safety it could be a long hard run in.

Group Three

Lewis Leddy sits top of the league with Algard thanks to 15 goals in 14 appearances. He forged a prolific partnership with Paul Oyuga but with his partner sidelined for 2 months can he keep the club going on his own?

Luke Corcoran and Floy will be hoping they slip up as they are only 3 points behind at the moment. Corcoran is doing well helping the club to the best defensive record in the league whilst the strikers are scoring for fun.

Steve Duffy has been magnificent for Pors so far, averaging a goal a game, six assists and a 7.99 average rating. Although 6 points off top spot, if he keeps up that kind of form Pors may not be out of contention yet.

Tiko Brohan looks to have too much work to do with Vindbjart. The diminutive winger is doing quite well on a personal level but just doesn’t seem to have the players around him to challenge at the moment.

Geraint Alacarde is struggling with pre-season title favourites Notodden. Currently all the way down in 8th place the club has struggled to get a settled team all season. Alacarde is the only player to have started every game. Has managed a decent return of 6 assists and a 7.18 average rating but will need to do better next season to try and achieve promotion.

Jesus Christ has been doing his part for Nest-Sotra. Seven clean sheets in fifteen games have left the club with same conceded as the top placed club. Unfortunately for JC the strikers aren’t performing so the club sit languishing in 10th place. They are 12 points above the relegation spots though so should be okay.

Group Four

Edoardo Lorenzo is two points clear at the top with Tromsdalen. Lorenzo has been steady more than spectacular as the campaign has shown to be more of a team effort with Tromsdalen.

Daniel Park has been fantastic for Tonsberg. All 10 goals and 6 assists have come from Daniel playing out on the right wing. Only 2 points behind Tromsdalen but 5 clear of the chasing pack it looks to be a two horse race in group four.

Herring has been great in the centre of midfield for Skeid. Five goals, 8 assists, 6 MOM awards and a 7.52 AR tell its own story. May be too late this year but Herring has definitely shown he is capable and will be looking for the club to invest in the summer to match his own ambitions.

Juan Coco Luis Pereira has faced a similar struggle at Orn Horten. On a personal level he is brilliant as he leads the goals table in the league. He has 14 in all competitions but it’s keeping the ball out of the net that is the problem for Horten. 25 goals conceded in the league which is more than the bottom club.

Freddie Whites won’t be happy with the start Harstad have had. They are struggling down in 9th place only 3 points above relegation. Whites has been outstanding considering he has been played out of position at left midfield for the whole season. If the management saw sense and played him in a more familiar role he may be able to drag them clear.

In other news only Whites and Lorenzo have any chance of cup success as we reach the fourth round. Tromsdalen have a good chance of progressing but Harstad have their work cut out with an away trip to Premier league Odd Grenland.

Part-Timer

Is anyone else having problems seeing the screenshots? I am using the same format I used in my career thread in FMCU and no one said anything there. I had already taken all the screenshots before I saw you were having problems. Click on the link for Steve Duffys club Pors. I was missing that screenshot and had to go back. I have resized it so hopefully that will make a difference. If not I will mess about with resolutions and see what I can do.

Amateur

Still same problem.. Apparently it's in 180 x 105 pixels on my comp..

Part-Timer

Blimey, these boys are tearing it up! Things are looking really tight at the top of Group 3, its still anyone's game!

Part-Timer

How is this link larxus - Random Screenshot

Semi Pro

I set out Dench Frimpong to be a enforcer and that is exactly what he is doing protecting the defense
    Hopefully Moss will get up to the top the league
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 22-02-2012 at 10:27.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ShyBaldBuddhist View Post
    I can see this one. But not the others.

Part-Timer

I'll post future screenshots in that format. I'll try and catch another shot of your player so you can see what he looks like. Earliest chance will be tomorrow though

Amateur

Great start from Park and Tonsberg, too bad that he couldn't hold up during the cup run though. 2nd half of the season in Group 4 should be interesting with the two teams still left in the cup as well as a tight race up top. Nice to see stat increases already as well!

Amateur

Yup this one works.. Really sorry for the trouble and thx for the adjustment..

Banned

Mike Nevo is doing great at KFUM Oslo I'm getting exactly what i wanted from him, goals & assists.

Amateur

I set Moridin up as an DLP, but so far he hasn't done as well as I hoped for... Needs to improve his passing, creativity and anticipation a little now and then he'll start to really shine I think. He's done well, but should have been doing much better with the stats he's got.

Amateur

I have faith in little Tiko!

Part-Timer

Omar Brown lets bring success to Strindheim, even though my physicals suck

Part-Timer

As long as Raufoss gets their W rato up, I don't care much about Ganso performing the best of the pack or not. 2 goals, 5 assists and 2 MoMs in 10 league games is pretty solid. Solid passing and tackling, decent shot ratio & dribbling. Is he captaining the side by any chance with that influence and decision?

Part-Timer

Wait, I'm already retired from International play? I'm 17!!!

Part-Timer

Top of group 2 hopefully the unbeaten run can continue all season

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by bergtaur View Post
    i think everyone has been retired. probably so it doesnt affect the challenge with the player leaving the club for international duty

Amateur

FML This aint fun!

Amateur

Solid start.

Amateur

loving being top with the mighty algard!! but its early yet!! keep up the work Lewis Leddy!

ps love this already! great sign up

Part-Timer

Here are screen shots of players and clubs for larxus and ejldude as they were having problems seeing the screenshots.

Geraint Alacarde - Notodden

Edoardo Lorenzo - Tromsdalen

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by 5ergio View Post
    As long as Raufoss gets their W rato up, I don't care much about Ganso performing the best of the pack or not. 2 goals, 5 assists and 2 MoMs in 10 league games is pretty solid. Solid passing and tackling, decent shot ratio & dribbling. Is he captaining the side by any chance with that influence and decision?
    Not yet. I imagine he will captain the team in time but the management have kept with the old captain for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bergtaur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    i think everyone has been retired. probably so it doesnt affect the challenge with the player leaving the club for international duty
    Correct. I retired all the players and set injury proneness to 1 for them all too. Want them to get as much playing time for the club as possible, not buggering off to play internationals.

Quote Originally Posted by stothy View Post
    FML This aint fun!
    Early days mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Lead View Post
    loving being top with the mighty algard!! but its early yet!! keep up the work Lewis Leddy!

ps love this already! great sign up
    Cheers. Hopefully everyone keeps up the interest. It's the first sign up I have run on this forum. From what I have seen though it needs everyone to keep posting to get the banter goingthat makes a decent sign up.

Mini update for you all, but no spoilers. I have run the update to end of season. Four players have managed to get their teams promoted. I am going to try and get the update posted by this morning but no promises. I have work a couple of hours and it takes a while to get all the screenshots uploaded and typed up.

Amateur

Here are screen shots of players and clubs for larxus and ejldude as they were having problems seeing the screenshots.

Excellent thanks. Although I've noticed that my dribbling, rather than my passing has been set to 20. =/

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ejldude View Post
    Excellent thanks. Although I've noticed that my dribbling, rather than my passing has been set to 20. =/
    Crap. I checked and double checked before setting the game up. I was positive I had it all correct. Do you want me to change it via FMTRE or leave it as it is now?

Amateur

Oooh, nice attributes overall.. Nice game stats too.. Hahah thanks again..

Amateur

I have work a couple of hours
    No you don't! This is your job now!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by dieu View Post
    No you don't! This is your job now!

Not a chance I'm going to be able to get the update done. I have taken and uploaded the screen shots. Just typed up the details for Group 1 but don't have the time for the other three groups plus doing the points table. Will now either be tomorrow evening or Saturday morning.

Amateur

If it's not too much bother, I'd rather have my passing at 20. Dribbling not really necessary for a DLP. =/

Amateur

I'm curious as well as to how the AI goes about naming captains, because I'm assuming that we're all pretty much the best players on our team. I'm assuming nobody is yet a captain but it would be cool if any of us become captains as teenagers.

Thanks for the updates and looking forward to who managed to climb out of the 3rd tier!

Part-Timer

2012 Season Review

Group One

Mike Nevo secured the title with KFUM Oslo due to a convincing 8-2 away win on the last day of the season. Nevo continued the team ethic by scoring 13 goals but also provided 12 assists for team mates. It was tight at the top and Oslo conceded a lot of goals, something they will need to address when they play in a higher league next year.

Omar Brown and Strindheim collapsed in the second half of the season. Only managing a further four victories left the club in 7th place. Brown only getting another 3 goals in 11 games during the run in may explain why the team struggled so badly.

Dench Frimpong had a steady year with Moss. He dominated the midfield defensively but with only 3 assists appears to lack the creative edge to push the team on to challenge for the title.

Arawn Moridin and Lorenskog made a decent challenge of it in the end. They were only five points behind Oslo and should have been closer but for a poor defeat at home to Tiller. Moridin will have to improve next season, 3 goals and 6 assists is not enough to help the team at this level.

Severus Moody did well at Steinkjer during the run in. He added 17 goals and seven assists to help the club move up a couple of spots. Hopefully he can continue this next year get the team motoring.

Group Two

Jaime Bowmimo couldn’t continue the good run with Baerum. They lost six games in the run in and dropped down the table to third. They were eventually 9 points behind the winners and Jamie must be very disappointed with how the season finished.

Santi Ganso and Raufoss capitalised on Baerum’s poor finish to top the league. With only 1 defeat, top scorers and best defence in the league they definitely deserved the promotion.

Wolodymyr Zelenko and Lillehammer ultimately suffered in the league due to too many draws. Only 4 defeats during the season but the 11 stalemates cost the team a higher place finish than 5th. Zelenko did well defensively so a new striker looks a priority to make a better push of it next year.

Demba Hynd grabbed a few more goals at Kristiansund but still failed to make an assist. The club remained 4th in the table and the fans will be demanding more from Hynd next year.

John Crane had a poor run in with Valdres. He only grabbed 2 more goals and an average rating of 6.91 is very poor for a player of his calibre. Another player who needs to step up to the plate next term.

Jake Stothard will be relieved that Follo managed to pull away from the bottom. Stothard stepped up and improved in the 2nd half of the campaign. He added 7 assists but ended the season goal less something which surprised everyone seeing as he is such a dead ball specialist.

Group Three

Lewis Leddy is still in a state of disbelief at Algard. A great first half of the season but the team only won four more games to fall to 6th place. Leddy continued to score on a regular basis but it wasn’t enough and Lewis will be stunned by the final table.

Luke Corcoran and Floy couldn’t quite do enough to step up after Algards fall. The club dropped a spot to 4rd but Corcoran was brilliant, 4 goals, 4 assists and a 7.32 average is very impressive for a central defender.

Steve Duffy continued his great form for Pors to ensure they topped the league. Whilst all about were falling Duffy kept on scoring and assisting in quantity and looks to have the quality to make the step up next year.

Tiko Brohan had a decent run in at Vindbjart. He still looks to need better players around him but it was a good first year and with some investment they could challenge next season.

Geraint Alacarde and pre-season favourites Notodden will be puzzled as to how they fared so badly. Only good enough for 8th place but Alacarde can be happy on a personal level. He got himself a quantity of assists and a few goals but ultimately it wasn’t enough. Has a hernia at that the moment and may struggle to be fit for the new season.

Jesus Christ was brilliant for Nest-Sotra. He managed 13 clean sheets in 25 games and only conceded 21 goals in total, easily the best defensive record. The club managed to push up the table to 5th place in the end and if they find a goal scorer may be contenders next season.

Group Four

Edoardo Lorenzo secured top spot with Tromsdalen. Eventually winning the league by 10 points Lorenzo stepped up his game adding a few goals and assists at the business end of the season. A great effort and Lorenzo looks another player good enough for the step up in class next year.

Daniel Park tailed off with Tonsberg. The club slipped to 6th place and Daniel must be frustrated they couldn’t continue the good form from the start of the season.

Herring tried to apply the pressure with Skeid but fell short in the end. Still it was a great effort and Herring will no doubt become a fans favourite if he continues the great form. The shout of “there’s only one Herring Herring-Herring-Herring” may be a mouth full but it’s one the fans are singing.

Juan Coco Luis Pereira tried to drag Orn Horten to the summit but fell short. He is the epitome of a one man club. A 24 goal season with 10 assists and a 7.69 average is very impressive but wasn’t enough to get the club any higher than 3rd.

Freddie Whites was continually played out of position at Harstad. He did very well from the left midfield slot providing plenty of assists but 7th position is all the team could manage.

The Cup was won by Odd Grenland who knocked out the last remaining youngsters clubs. Tromsdalen made it the furthest with a quarter final placing but went down 3-1 to the eventual winners.

Code:
                           Points  League Win  Cup Win  Relegation  Total
    Edoardo Lorenzo         63        10                             73
    Santi Ganso             57.4      10                             67.4
    Steve Duffy             55        10                             65
    Mike Nevo               50        10                             60
    Herring                 53                                       53
    Juan Coco Luis Pereira  52                                       52
    Luke Corcoran           49                                       49
    Arawn Moridin           48                                       48
    Jaime Bowmimo           47.6                                     47.6
    Tiko Brohan             47                                       47
    Demba Hynd              45.5                                     45.5
    Lewis Leddy             45                                       45
    Jesus Christ            45                                       45
    Dench Frimpong          44                                       44
    Wolodymyr Zelenko       41.2                                     41.2
    Daniel Park             41                                       41
    Severus Moody           41                                       41
    Freddie Whites          41                                       41
    Omar Brown              40                                       40
    Geraint Alacarde        39                                       39
    John Crane              36                                       36
    Jake Stothard           32.5                                     32.5

Part-Timer

I will amend Lorenzo's attributes for the next update. I had already run the game up to the end of the season. Is everyone elses player correct? If not let me know so I can correct it via FMRTE.

Well done to the four promoted players. Especially Lorenzo who walked the league with only the one defeat. Good luck for the coming year to everyone.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by slich View Post
    I'm curious as well as to how the AI goes about naming captains, because I'm assuming that we're all pretty much the best players on our team. I'm assuming nobody is yet a captain but it would be cool if any of us become captains as teenagers.

Thanks for the updates and looking forward to who managed to climb out of the 3rd tier!
    I think they have not been named as capatin due to age at this stage. All the players are far and away the best at the club. I fully expect most of the to become captain within the next few seasons

Third Team

herring herring-herring-herring's team look a bit unlucky to have been in tromsdalen's league - could be better next year. who has been relegated?

Amateur

Disappointing end to the season, especially with 2 missed penalties in the last 11 games. Hopefully we'll fare better next year with Lorenzo moving up to the next level.

After a quick look, it looks like nobody got relegated which is a plus, hopefully we'll have 4 players promoted next year too

Part-Timer

The groups are all mixed up. Wasn't just a case of one club being dropped into each group. Only Harstad and Skeid remained in group 4. Some of the groups have 6 of the youngsters clubs in there though.

Amateur

Not a bad first season

Amateur

Arggh the Harstad manager should be sacked! Can't he tell Freddie's a AML/ST.. Needs to sort it out for next season.

Amateur

Haha yeah same here, my AMR/ST seems to always play as MR as well, I would have assumed that he would have played as a ST in 442 but I suppose the AI thinks differently!

Part-Timer

Am I the only one who can't see these screenshots guys?

EDIT: I can still see the first update but not the new one...
    Last edited by duffy89; 25-02-2012 at 11:58.

Amateur

no problems for me with the screenshots

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by duffy89 View Post
    Am I the only one who can't see these screenshots guys?

EDIT: I can still see the first update but not the new one...
    Mine say that the website is blocked

edit: Actually don't worry I can see them fine on my phone.

Amateur

Little Tiko Brohan has grown from 4'11" to 5'0".... no longer classified as a dwarf? haha

Amateur

SACK THE ALGARD MANAGER four wins in the second half is poor!! can't expect Leddy to win all the games haha. devastated at the final league table

Amateur

T-T third from bottom...

Part-Timer

I guess whenever I play good so does my team

Part-Timer

Not sure why some are having problems with the screenshots. I'm going to start using imageshack instead. Can anyone who can't see the images below let me know

Steve Duffy - Pors

Part-Timer

Just holidaying through at the moment but stopped it to check how everyone is doing. Noticed a news message about Lorenzo scoring a diving header. Don't see headed goals from open play that often so thought I would upload it. Good late run into the box and a great header. I'll keep an eye out for other decent goals and upload them too.

Part-Timer

Not sure why some are having problems with the screenshots. I'm going to start using imageshack instead. Can anyone who can't see the images below let me know

Steve Duffy - Pors
    That's great, cheers mate!

Amateur

Steve Duffy - Pors
    Works perfectly, thanks.

Amateur

Well... this sucks.

Part-Timer

Get in! Promoted at the first time of asking, lovely. Good enough stats for Ganso with 6 goals and 7 assists. Hopefully Raufoss will be able to stay in the 1st Division.

Amateur

Hmm wow, that arrives in late area ppm seems pretty good, I don't remember ever having any of my central midfielders coming in to the box for a header like that.

Should be interesting to see what the new groups look like now, hope that I'm not in the group with 6 players!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Lead View Post
    SACK THE ALGARD MANAGER four wins in the second half is poor!! can't expect Leddy to win all the games haha. devastated at the final league table
    Was a quite magnificent collapse You won't be happy to hear the manager is classed as untouchable

Quote Originally Posted by larxus View Post
    T-T third from bottom...
    Well... this sucks.
    Still early days chaps.

Quote Originally Posted by duffy89 View Post
    That's great, cheers mate!
    Quote Originally Posted by TWFL View Post
    Works perfectly, thanks.
    good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by 5ergio View Post
    Get in! Promoted at the first time of asking, lovely. Good enough stats for Ganso with 6 goals and 7 assists. Hopefully Raufoss will be able to stay in the 1st Division.
    Was really happy to see Ganso and Lorenzo win promotion. Thought it would be strikers who dominated so for a couple of midfielders to make it was a nice suprise.

Quote Originally Posted by slich View Post
    Hmm wow, that arrives in late area ppm seems pretty good, I don't remember ever having any of my central midfielders coming in to the box for a header like that.

Should be interesting to see what the new groups look like now, hope that I'm not in the group with 6 players!
    Can't remember too many of my midfielders scoring headed goals either. Sorry to say you are in a group of 6

Hoping to get an update posted tonight whilst the missus is watching prancing on ice. If not it will be tomorrow evening

Amateur

Was a quite magnificent collapse You won't be happy to hear the manager is classed as untouchable
    oh bejaysus I've got the arsine wenger of this league of my gaffer!! our year next year!!

Amateur

Can't remember too many of my midfielders scoring headed goals either.
    Interesting, it happens a lot on my saves. Even when my wingers are atrocious in the air. Guess it just comes down to playing style. Valencia used to grab around 10 a season for me on FM 10.

Amateur

Wingers do get into the box for headers often for me as well, but was talking about the central and defensive midfielders, who generally don't, at least for me

Part-Timer

2013 Mid-Season Update

First Division

Edoardo Lorenzo has had a great start with Tromsdalen and defies the media prediction of a 13th place finish. Currently 4th and only 4 points off top spot means there is still a chance of promotion. Lorenzo has been in great form with 11 assists so far.

Santi Ganso and Raufoss are not doing as well but just about managing at the moment. The club are floating about near the relegation spots as was expected by the media who had them down for finishing 14th. If Ganso can find a bit of form they should be okay but the Spaniard isn’t having a great season so far.

Steve Duffy has been out for most of the season with Pors. A pulled hamstring in the second game of the season has left him out for 3 months. The team desperately need him and he should be back within the next week. Hopefully it’s not too late and he can fire the club to safety.

Mike Nevo is having a torrid time with KFUM Oslo. With only 1 win to their name they are already 9 points from safety and it will be a hard run in. Nevo is top scorer for the club but only has 4 strikes to his name. He is going to need a few more to rescue this season.

Group One

Severus Moody has started how he finished for Steinkjer. 14 goals in 13 games so far for Moody has pushed Steinkjer up into 3rd place. They are 7 points off top spot so may be too much to ask for them to get promoted though.

Omar Brown has been unbelievable for Strindheim. He has 26 goals in 14 games and is doing his upmost to get the team challenging this year. He has a new league record 7 goals in one game which came in an 8-1 victory over Ostsiden.

Arawn Moridin and Lorenskog were expected to be closer this year. Media had them down for a 3rd place finish so to be sat 6th is a disappointment. Only the one goal and three assist so far for Arawn, he needs to improve his output for the team to get them up the table.

Dench Frimpong was expected to top the league with Moss. The title favourites are having a bad time of it though and sit in 7th place. They need a goalscorer to help push the team up the league.

Juan Coco Luis Pereira and Orn Horten’s move to group one hasn’t paid off. Pereira is on fire and already has 16 goals to his name but the club are languishing in 8th place. Pereira needs a few team mates to help him out.

Group Two

Daniel Park is enjoying a good start again with Tonsberg. Hopefully he will be able to continue his good form and the club won’t tail off this year. It is very close at the top with only 3 points separating the top 5. Tonsberg will be looking at Park to continue scoting and providing goals in quantity.

Jaime Bowmimo isn’t too far behind with Baerum. He’s managed to grab a few goals, including a screamer from outside the area, but is failing to set them up for his team mates. Only the one assist so far, something he will be looking to improve on.

John Crane is knocking the goals in at Valdres. He already has 14 to his name and struck up a good partnership with Grubisic. Unfortunately his strike partner is out for 5 weeks so Crane will have to carry the team for a while.

Jake Stothard is doing well at Follo. The club may only be 7th but at least Stothard has found his scoring boots. He recently grabbed the winner in a 7 goal thriller with a powerful effort from outside the area. Follo need a few from him to help push the team up the table.

Wolodymyr Zelenko and Lillehammer are a place further back in 8th. They have sorted out the problem of drawing too many, unfortunately the games appear to be converted into defeats rather than wins.

Demba Hynd will be looking to push Kristiansund up the league. Only 9th at the moment which is a huge drop on the 2nd place the media predicted. Hynd is joint top scorer at the club with 3 goals perhaps that highlights the clubs problems.

Group Three

Lewis Leddy has put the second half of last season behind him with Algard. He has shot them to the top of the league with 12 goals in 13 games. He has also managed to set up a few for his team mates. It’s very tight at the top and Leddy can’t afford any more slip ups like last year.

Luke Corcoran and Floy lead the chasing pack and are only one point behind at the moment. Corcoran is doing well, averaging over 3 tackles per league game and also found the net a few times.

Jesus Christ is in great form for Nest-Sotra. Only 5 goals conceded in 11 league games has helped the club into 3rd spot. 10 clean sheets in all competitions for Jesus this season. No goals so far in his career despite getting up the pitch whenever he can.

Tiko Brohan can’t be counted out either with Vindbjart. Although down in 5th place they are only 5 points behind. Brohan has been in good form, 7 assists and a few goals so far for the little man.

Geraint Alacarde is in 6th place with Notodden. The club were tipped for 2nd spot so are under performing at the moment. Alacarde is doing his part by providing in quantity and managing an impressive 7.45 average rating.

Group Four

Freddie Whites is in good form for Harstad. He has managed to train on as a left midfielder and his performances have picked up greatly. 7.80 average rating, 8 assists and 6 goals is an impressive contribution. Currently sat in 3rd spot he will have his fingers crossed that Mjolner slip up during the run in.

Herring isn’t far behind with Skeid. Currently 4th on goal difference Herring will have the belief they can still win promotion. He’s doing well on a personal level with 6 goals from midfield and a few assists. Just needs a bit of luck to push the club further up the league.

In Cup news there are still a few teams left in the draw. Valdres, Strindheim, Nest-Sotra,Tromsdalen, Orn Horten & Tonsberg all make it into round four.
    Last edited by ShyBaldBuddhist; 27-02-2012 at 17:25.

Part-Timer

Noticed a few players have had positional changes since the set up. The main position was set as natural and secondary position put as accomplished. Didn't know a player could lose an accomplished rating if it was set during the set up.

Part-Timer

Hopefully Bowmimo will have a better 2nd half to the season this year and get his team over the winners line

Amateur

That's the sort of goals you get for 20 longs shots

Amateur

Glad to see Park bounce back to have a solid first half again, especially in the cup and scoring penalties. Its pretty amazing how hes had 1 goal and 1 assist per game in the cup so far. Hopefully he can end the season on a high note this time as well and lead his team upwards

Part-Timer

That's the sort of goals you get for 20 longs shots
    Shame there was only one man and his dog behind the goal to see the big fella knock it in. Find it quite funny how much the big lump stands out against the other players

Semi Pro

Arghh freck I thought I'd be different and be a. DM instead of the usual ST seems like its bit me on my AR se oh well up the moss

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by toonbalmy87 View Post
    Arghh freck I thought I'd be different and be a. DM instead of the usual ST seems like its bit me on my AR se oh well up the moss
    If it's any consolation, I did the same thing. Or I set him up as a DPL, but that one is not working either.

Amateur

Good to see Whites doing well just need the rest of the team to pitch in a little and to go on an unbeaten run and we'll be fine!

Amateur

Red face

Moody seems to be doing well, banging in plenty of goals! Only 7 points behind, tough but not impossible!

Part-Timer

I'd be pretty happy if Ganso picks up his form and Raufoss keeps themselves clear. Come on son!

Amateur

The mighty Algard best not slip up again this season!! Lets make this our year!!

Amateur

Ooooh, 4 moms in 12 matches? Not bad..

Amateur

Floy are just getting warmed up

Part-Timer

Good to see Omar in form again and I hope he keeps it up and not suddenly turning into torres at the second half of the season

Reserves

'No goals so far in his career despite getting up the pitch whenever he can. ' glad your keeping track. would be mortified if i scored and you missed it! I believe we wont be the first promoted, because of the other teams attacking 'big fish' , but when we are we will stay up, 5 goals in 11 games is ridicoulous keeping!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast