+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What age is it ok to play fm until

Part-Timer

Default What age is it ok to play fm until

Hi im 37, ill be 38 in a few month, i love playing fm and always have, but am i too old for the game or not? Do i need to grow up haha

Amateur

well at least game does not change your birth up to 15 years when adding a manager

Subs Bench

As long as you are having fun, I don't see why you think there should be an age limit.

Banned

99 If you live longer, unlucky!!!

Amateur

Keep playing until you get bored of the game, whole point to life is to enjoy so thankfully games don't have an upper age limit.

Amateur

i'm 32, been playing 16/17 years, not quitting any time soon. I wonder who the oldest FMer in the community is.....

Semi Pro
    I'm in the hall of shame in FM08 - most goals scored by a relegated team - 101

I think there are a few in their 50's, I know I'm not the oldest at 46.

Amateur

Should do a poll of what age group we all fall in to

Amateur

I am 48 play all the time!! love it

Reserves

If you're playing the game and you're over 100, does the game knock a few years off like when you're 15 and it makes you older?

Part-Timer

I am 60 in April and still play. Not as often but regularly. I like the game, it challenges you, it makes you think and it keeps you fresh. PC games have taught me quite a lot of different things since I started way back when.

Without boring people, I would say play until you don't want to play but age should not be a barrier. Your a long time dead so a little bit of what you fancy does you good.

Anyway it's the only way I can get NUFC to win anything

Third Team

I'll probably play FM until I drop dead tbf.

Semi Pro

Well, Fergie's 70 and still playing football manager ;)

Amateur

My dad just turned 68 and he plays video games...but he is easy to beat.

Amateur

I'm soon to be 34 and I have to say using those hours to play FM is a luxury that I can less and less afford. I reckon I'll be quitting the game altogether soon enough xD

Part-Timer

You should only play until you die. I turned 34 on feb 14th and plan at least another 34 years god willing.

Amateur

Im 52 soon and have played all the FM/CM games and still play every day pretty much lol

Both my parents play games and they are in their 50's.

I actually know one person on here who plays FM and he is 77 (yes really as I know them IRL)

Amateur

I was going to start a thread on this today!!
    I`m 37 turning 38 in March and don`t feel like quitting anytime soon.
    I have 2 young girls and i usually manage to get 2-3 games per night when they are all tucked up in bed
    I used to be good at Fifa 2006, i got to the semi finals in the Fifa interactive tournament in Sydney but since then it was all downhill when playing 1st person shooters or fifa games. My reflexes are not what they used to be but i can still give the odd young en a flogging online now and again but nothing like i used to.
    Thats where FM comes in, any age can have great fun, without having the reflexes of a 13 year old to get anywhere, plus i still enjoy it the same as i did years ago.
    Despite some bugs in the game, it is still an awesome game and i would like someone to say there is a better football management game on the market. People have to realise, it is only a GAME and nothing can be 100% like reality.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
    Both my parents play games and they are in their 50's.

I actually know one person on here who plays FM and he is 77 (yes really as I know them IRL)
    Has to be the winner, surely. I remember once showing my granddad the first FIFA game, he was probably about 70 at the time. His mind was blown....

Amateur
    The Peoples Republic of Stockport, Cheshire

Hi im 37, ill be 38 in a few month, i love playing fm and always have, but am i too old for the game or not? Do i need to grow up haha

Death

I am 37 in April, but I cannot wait till I retire so I can really go for it.

Semi Pro

As the old saying goes.. " I did not stop playing because I grew old. I grew old because I stopped playing".

43, still playing every day, and I have done since CM97/98.

Part-Timer

40 this year and no plans to stop - i have three boys 2 x 6 year olds and 1 nine year old. 9 year old is playing the game and the eldest twin wants to start as wll - poor wife!!!

Reserves

I came to say what chesterfan2 said - one of the mods on here is older than time itself, and he still plays ;)

Amateur

I'm 39, 40 this year, i play everyday and have no plans to retire just yet.
    I've been playing CM/FM since the very beginning.

Amateur

i`m 41 and have been playing since 91/92 when it was made by domark on the amiga and no plans to stop anytime soon wife has other ideas though.

Amateur

26 (27 this year) still going strong... Have two kids and a full time job nothing better than a sneaky look on the forums and a late one on a saturday night when kids are all in bed.
    getting married in september my goal is to win the champions leauge on the new patch by then never done it yet.

Reserves

28 with child in tow ... you're never too old.....

put it like this... are you ever too old to watch football or support a team? are you ever too old to say ' I could do a better job then that clown of a manager we have'

fm gives us the chance to sit in the seat of the greatest job on earth

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    I am 60 in April and still play. Not as often but regularly. I like the game, it challenges you, it makes you think and it keeps you fresh. PC games have taught me quite a lot of different things since I started way back when.

Without boring people, I would say play until you don't want to play but age should not be a barrier. Your a long time dead so a little bit of what you fancy does you good.

Anyway it's the only way I can get NUFC to win anything
    LOL,someone older than me,i reach the big six'o in October,agree with your comments on PC games

Banned

Age is totally irrelevant, play until you stop enjoying the game. In fact keep playing for a year after you stop enjoying it just to make sure you have stopped enjoying it.

Third Team

I'm 34 and not ashamed of anything. I can see myself playing less due to professional or family constraints in the future, but not due to any odd feeling about playing a video game.

In essence, what's wrong with playing FM which isn't with watching TV or reading a crime novel? It's a leisure activity which is actually requiring more interaction and thoughts spent than the socially perfectly acceptable TV show. Just mind that playing a video game is something you are doing on your own much more than watching TV which can still create some kind of common experience with somebody else.

Amateur

Nice to hear everyones thoughts. I am approaching 37 and have played the series since the early nineties, so I like many other here I have grown up with the game. And since my appetite for football and competitions never will dampen, and when the game always evolves, I guess I will play till my last day.

Really agree with jayahr, I don't like watcing TV that much, so for me playing a game is much more fun and challenging.

Amateur

I turned 30 in December and I'm a regular gamer, both in terms of FM and my main interest which is console gaming. The attitude of non-gamers than video games are for kids really, really annoys me. Lots of games these days are aimed at adults and I know many gamers that are in their late 30's and 40's.

As everybody else says, play as you see fit and don't let society make you think you're too old for gaming.

Part-Timer

Play until it's not fun.

And yeah, football manager definitely beats reality TV. And surely that should go for people of any age.

Amateur

im 28 and i can still lose 12 hours playing this! or sometimes after work 4 or 5. tell you one thing though the GF doesnt like it when she sees the laptop going on. great way to block out the rubbish in life.

I am approaching 33 in May and do not think I am ever going to give up this amazing game, my opinion it is even in some situations a good trainer to solve situations in real life quickly and also a good mindtrainer. People around me are always really amazed about the facts I knowin Football, you only have to be really carefull you do not mix-up FM facts with real life facts :-) !

However I noticed in the past years it is not easy for me to stick long with one save, my satisfaction is gone more easily as in the early days.As I really hate the big money spending nowadays in Football , I really try to develop my teams with home-grown players and hardly spent money on transfers. This way it is not easy to achieve big success however in real life there is also only one team able to win the CL............... and more managers as clubs ;-)

KUTGW oldies and play this game 4-ever!

Amateur

62 years old, when you've turned cheap and senile, and sell your best players to your rivals despite 7 years of trophy drought.

Semi Pro

Age doesn't matter. At all.

Amateur

I'm coming up for 68 in May & play FM every day. I play this game instead of just watching TV. At least I have to "unrust" my brains to do this.
    I do play tennis three times a week though, to keep my blood circulating.

Semi Pro
    Drowning myself in a pint after England let me down again!!!

I'm 38 this year and have played every ChampMan/FM game to death since. No plans to retire until i can't use my limbs.

Amateur

I'm 34, 35 this year...
    I'm another that's played the series since it first began in 91/92.
    I admit I spend less time on FM these days, mainly because of the games on the 360, CoD, Skyrim etc etc.
    I've got 2 kids and another on the way, so I find my 'free' time diminishing all the time, and now even my 4 year old is an FM fan and is learning the game FAST!!!
    Looks like he'll have to have his own PC soon too...jeez man, when I was his age I literally had 3 toys I reckon and all I wanted to do was play football for real, computers at home didn't even exist!!! LOL
    Luckily for me, my lads both love a 'real' game of football too so it's all good.

Long live FM.

First Team Squad Member

I am 30 and like trying to imagine what FM2070 will be like, if I live that long.

Amateur

I'm approaching 35 and have been playing FM/CM since the start so that must be the best part of 20 years, the only game I buy without fail on release every year. Some editions I enjoy better than others. I'm also an avid Xbox gamer tried to get the Missus into gaming but I'm fighting a losing battle just have to wait until the kid is old enough to hold a joypad and I'll have her hooked too. Basically if you enjoy it why should age be a barrier

Amateur

50 in a couple of weeks and been playing this nearly 20 years. No wonder I'm divorced!

Amateur

78 in April and still shouting at the PC when my team does'nt play well (nearly as bad as watching England)

Banned

38 here and still playing.

FM is one of the few games you can play until you are in the late 90 neighborhood.

Amateur

I'm 36 pushing 37, no intention of giving up anytime soon, it's my way of relaxing after a hard day at work

Amateur

I'm 47 and still playing, have since the CM days.

I'm also still into other types of games too, like Skyrim or Starcraft.

Never to old to enjoy computer games

Amateur

Sounds like an AA meeting ;)

Hi my name's Steve, I'm 33 and I'm addicted to FM!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by stevevdm View Post
    Sounds like an AA meeting ;)

Hi my name's Steve, I'm 33 and I'm addicted to FM!
    All together now....Hello Steve.

I'm 30 this year - been playing since 96/97. My mum thinks I could've been a doctor

Amateur

I'm 26 and have played since CM3 I can't imagine not playing it.

Amateur

Only 21 so got plenty of time.

Amateur

Based on most of the posters ages in this thread, I am one of the young ones at 51!
    I really enjoy the FM game and play it regularly as do a few of my friends. We always exchange stories about our saves over a tea.

Amateur

Hi Guys,

Great topic!
    I am 41 myself and still play loads of games.

I actually run my own XBOX and console gaming site for over 21's only for people too meet up play games and chat about them.
    Check it out here www.GamerscoreAddicts.net

Cheers

Third Team

You know your getting old when you start a game of Football Manager and you're given your real age .
    When I first started playing it'd automatically make me 30 years old!

Semi Pro
    American + Reading fan = Always buying the away shirt ...

I'm 51, and love the game. But I'm kind of a nut for the genre...

Banned

I'm 20, only got about another 60 years of FM in me I think.

Amateur

55 years old. Decided I could do better than any Leeds manager in real life. Will keep going until the real Leeds win the Champions League. Means I'll have to live until I'm 169 at least. Anyone know if there are pills I could take?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggchaser View Post
    55 years old. Decided I could do better than any Leeds manager in real life. Will keep going until the real Leeds win the Champions League. Means I'll have to live until I'm 169 at least. Anyone know if there are pills I could take?

If only eh?!!

Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like this.

There's a lot of creaking going on in this thread.

Semi Pro
    Somewhere between Yael Stone and Laura Prepon (@_meestercat)

Quote Originally Posted by scotty1974 View Post
    I think it's compulsory that you stop playing FM at 27. Anything older is against the EULA.

+ Reply to Thread