+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crash everytime start new season

Amateur

Thumbs down Crash everytime start new season

Hi, since I installed the update everytime I go To start a new season on my iPhone it crashes. I have tried deleting the game and reinstalling it, but this didn't work.

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Hi, can you let us know what sort of device you have and which OS you have installed on it?

Have you tried fully powering off (by holding down the power button on the side for several seconds and then swiping) and then powering on again? This can often solve issues related to memory fragmentation.

Amateur

It's an iPhone 3. I have tried turning it off and on again already. Thanks

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisovens View Post
    It's an iPhone 3. I have tried turning it off and on again already. Thanks
    Can you indicate which leagues you are selecting as 'active' and what options in preferences you've changed from their defaults (if any).

Thanks,

Marc

Amateur

Hi, I only had uk leagues and had not changed any preferences. Thanks

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

Can you do me a large favour then - go into preferences and turn off the quick start option - then try starting the game and see if that helps or not.

Amateur

Hi, just tried that but it didn't work sorry. Thanks

Just to clarify, are you trying to progress from one season to the next? If you are and there's a save game you can supply us with, we'd be very happy to take a look at it to see if we can determine why it doesn't progress. Let me know and I'll link you the instructions.

Amateur

Hi, yes it is when I try to move to a new season. It has happened on numerous save games. I will send you one if you let me have the link. Thanks

Hi, here are instructions on how to extract save games and send them to us: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...save-game-file

It's a bit confusing that it's happening to you on several different saves, the most obviously likely cause of such a thing happening would be your phone running low on available memory, but that would be strange if you've powered it off. In any case we'll take a look at the saves and see if we can get any useful info out of them.

Thanks

Hi- let me know if you've managed to send a save yet!

Amateur

Just updated my iPhone and it works now! Thanks

Amateur

Hope it's ok to hijack this thread rather then starting one exactly the same? I too have the same problem of the game crashing during the end of season update after the first full season. I have also tried re-installing switching off etc. My app is on the iPhone 3. I have tried different seasons with different settings and teams but the same happens everytime, may I send a saved game too?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisovens View Post
    Just updated my iPhone and it works now! Thanks
    Do you happen to know exactly which iOS version was running before you updated? We'd like to see if we can work out why this might have occurred for you in the first place.

As I'm sure you know now that you've got it working, we didn't have any problem loading and progressing your save file in the test room but we're interested to see if there's some obscure device/OS version combination that might be causing problems.

Quote Originally Posted by S6kev View Post
    Hope it's ok to hijack this thread rather then starting one exactly the same? I too have the same problem of the game crashing during the end of season update after the first full season. I have also tried re-installing switching off etc. My app is on the iPhone 3. I have tried different seasons with different settings and teams but the same happens everytime, may I send a saved game too?
    If you could let us know which iOS version is currently causing you trouble, and then try to update as chrisovens did, that'd be great. If you could also make sure you've powered your phone fully off, that's something worth trying as well.

If it still doesn't work, we'd be happy to look at your save.

Semi Pro

I sometimes have this problem with my 3G too, I just keep it on charge and keep turning it on and off to persevere and it does it. I have sent both before and after to Marc .
    http://fmhvibe.co.uk - The original Football Manager Handheld fansite

+ Reply to Thread