FM2012: CSE United

CSEUnited.png

CSE UNITED F.C.

CSE United are recruiting players to join them in their upcoming League 2 season. The club are looking for 20 players to join the club as it embarks upon it's first season in the nPower Football League looking to mount a promotion push at the first attempt. With a new ground being built, "The Forum", and a new manager to be appointed soon, we are welcoming applications from any players who wish to be considered for a place in our squad for the 2011-2012 squad. If you wish to be considered, please fill out the following form.

Thanks

Chip Butty (Chairman)

Player Name:

Nationality:

Position:

League 2 player similar to:

Please note that the League 2 player you decide you are similar to will be used to generate your player in the game. If you are applying to be a goalkeeper, make sure you select a goalkeeper. If you are applying to be a defender, make sure you choose a defender etc ... I will edit that player and then transfer you to Barnet who will be edited to become CSE United in the game. One of the attributes that will be edited is your potential which will be randomly generated between 150 and 200, your determination will be set to 20 and a future transfer will be set to 2035 to ensure you stay at CSE United for your entire career. The club's coaching facilities will be edited to be impressive as well. The aim is that the squad will help the club move through the divisions and hopefully into the Premier League pretty quickly without the need to sign many outsiders.

This list below will be edited to show the players who sign up to be a part of CSE United. Please look at the positions available and choose a vacant spot. Bear in mind I may not have edited it completely. Make sure the League 2 player you choose can play the position you take. Also, please make sure your chosen player is a League 2 player and he should not be on loan from another team (unless they are in League 2). I won't be checking this till all spaces are full so you run the risk of losing your place if you don't select this player correctly. If you don't know any League 2 players, load up FM12 and have a look!

GK: Edoardo Lorenzo (ejldude) *Romain Larrieu

GK: Matt Swain (matts) *Scott Shearer

RB: Omar Brown (Animosama) *Paul Caddis

LB: Tin Tin Tin (sebs) *Kevin Nicholson

CB: Dench Frimpong (toonbalmy87) *Mark Ellis

CB: Kalju Väljas (bergtaur) *Chris Barker

DF: Draco Longbottom (bambi holt) *Graham Coughlan

DF: Josh Wilson (Plobdork) *Rob Kozluk

RW: Charles Beams (charlesbeams) *Sergio Torres

LW: Yaqub Al-Billionairy (letissierandhenryaregreat) *Jean-Paul Kalala

CM: Austin Hodge (austinho) *Damien Johnson

CM: Elliot van Barthold (TWFC) *Simon Ferry

MF: Seamus O'Bowman (jimbowmanuk) *Lee Minshull

MF: Bastian Schweinstiga (ssestig) *Ashley Westwood

ST: Geraint Alacarde (larxus) * Ben Williamson

ST: Mike Nevo (Tactic Master) * James Constable

ST: Marcus van der Cook (cookie15) *Darryl Duffy

ST: Jake Stothard (stothy) *Lukas Magera

Some positions are specific, i.e. RB (right back), others are more general, i.e. MF (midfielder) - for the more general spots, you just choose somebody who would be classed that way. Doesn't need to be a specific position though, i.e. a MF could be a winger, a defensive midfielder, a creative attacking midfielder, a utility midfielder who can play different midfield positions etc ...

I'm going to change mine soon i think. Pretty sure Sergio Torres isn't a right winger haha.

And yeah he is at Crawley.

He is a M R, M C, AM RLC on the game so it'd work. When I edit him, I will change his position to AM R anyway. It's more for that stats that you are selecting him. His age will also be edited to move him down to 18 years old.

James Constable won top goalscorer in 1st and 3rd season, coming 2nd in 2nd and 4th season in one of my saves, so thats why I chose him :) Hopefully we can partner each other and destroy teams!
I chose my guy due to his Genie Scout rating at the start of the game and being the most expensive player in L2 (on sale value)

For me, Ben Williamson scored 57 goals in 102 apps in my save for my team.. would have been more if not for the injuries which always seem to happen when he's in hot form..

Thats a nice goal to game ratio :) I preffered to look at the AI players though, because it seems a lot easier to get players to play better with your own team. Take Messi for example, you would never see the AI get him to score 82 goals in a season like I did :)

Glad to have you back GCB!!! I was actually wondering where you went to a couple days ago, I guess school has kept you busy.

Little girl was born on January 9th - she's the one that has been keeping me busy. Lots of decorating and making furniture and shopping and doctors and hospitals for the past few months. She's settling into a little bit of a routine now so I've got some free time again. That's why this will be a little less detailed though.

Little girl was born on January 9th - she's the one that has been keeping me busy. Lots of decorating and making furniture and shopping and doctors and hospitals for the past few months. She's settling into a little bit of a routine now so I've got some free time again. That's why this will be a little less detailed though.

Ah well good on ya man.

Name: Draco Longbottom

Nationality: welsh

Position: DF

Player: Graham Coughlan(Southend)

I think he'll be a magic player won't he? :D Might prefer to play for Bradford City though ... Or Plymouth Argyle in Draco's case?

Player Name: Josh Wilson

Nationality:Latvian

Position: DF

League 2 player similar to:Rob Kozluk (Port Vale) ;) or Gareth Owen same team

I'm definitely going to make you Rob Kozluk, what a leg-end. Never any good but a leg-end!

Didn't expect to fill the sign up that quick. Need to edit the database next, then I'll get started. No promises over time, it'll be when I get to it.

OK, the choices are:

Paolo Di Canio: The Italian is currently the manager of League 2 Swindon Town (yet to play a game though) and has a tremendous pedigree in the game with spells at Celtic, Juventus, Napoli and Lazio to his name. He also spent time as the main man with West Ham United in the Premier League and a season with Sheffield Wednesday although that shouldn't be held against him considering the way he left the Owls. CSE United would signal his early development as a manager and it appears to be a certainty that the Italian will be an excellent manager - however, he could be tempted to leave CSE United should they begin to do well.

Alan Shearer: Another inexperienced name in the frame is former England international striker and BBC pundit, Alan Shearer. The former Southampton, Blackburn Rovers and Newcastle United legend won the Premier League at Rovers and is the record goalscorer for that division. In his first managerial foray, he failed to revive Newcastle United as they were relegated from the Premier League and was replaced by Chris Hughton at the time. Again, it seems inevitable that Shearer should be a good manager but, like Di Canio, could he resist the temptations of leaving CSE United if he was to do a good job?

Billy Davies: The former Preston North End, Derby County and Nottingham Forest manager may not be the most cosmopolitan name on the shortlist; however, he has by far the most experience and has several promotions on his CV already. With CSE United looking to progress up the league structure, Davies could be the sensible option although the 'do anything to win' approach might not result in glorious, free-flowing football. The Scot probably would stick with the club during times of success though and would probably guarantee more stability than other names on the list.

Sergey Gurenko: A little bit of a wildcard option appears to be former Belarussian international defender, Sergei Gurenko. Having retired from the game in 2009 after spells with Lokomotiv Moscow, Roma, Parma and Real Zaragoza, Gurenko recently stepped into management with Dinamo Minsk, his final club as a player. With 80 caps for Belarus, he appears to have a good knowledge of the game but he never played in English football and the accusation will be that he is not ready to start at CSE United.

Could the 18 players plus any other people reading along please PM me your votes for a new manager. Send me your first, second and third choice please! Voting will close at 21:00 (GMT) this evening.

Archived