+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Japan in Copa America? + Can only search for right sided players?

Amateur

Default Japan in Copa America? + Can only search for right sided players?

Hey, I was managing Santos in 2015, and Mano Menezes got sacked after they were knocked out in the quarter finals of Copa America. I applied and got the job(finally), and I was interested to check out who knocked them out. I was surprised it was Japan...seriously, I don't think Japan should be playing in Copa America?

By the way, I think I was looking for right sided players before I was Brazil's manager, but because you can't filter by side when you're managing a national team, I think the search filter still has 'right', and I couldn't find players like Sandro or Marcelo through the filter. Any way to fix this?

Amateur

As incorrect as this might sound it is actually quite true. If you do a quick google for "Japan copa america" you will see they were invited into the copa america tournament last year along with mexico. They after much tooing and throwing decided not to take part and instead Costa Rica were invited in. But this whole debacle is probably why Japan are in the copa america in game.

Amateur

Yeah I know, I've heard of it. Still, it's a bit unusual?

Semi Pro

As strange as it sounds every time a Copa America takes place two other countries are invited in to make up the numbers. In theory England and Spain could participate.
    http://fmhvibe.co.uk - The original Football Manager Handheld fansite

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

The filter bug is something that we're aware of and are currently looking into.

As Dec's mentioned, there are always guest nations in the Copa America, one of them is usually Mexico and the other varies, Japan have been known to play in it so I wouldn't consider it particularly unusual.

Semi Pro

Here is some information for you - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_Am%C3%A9rica#Invitees.
    http://fmhvibe.co.uk - The original Football Manager Handheld fansite

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Alari View Post
    The filter bug is something that we're aware of and are currently looking into.

As Dec's mentioned, there are always guest nations in the Copa America, one of them is usually Mexico and the other varies, Japan have been known to play in it so I wouldn't consider it particularly unusual.
    Cool, I hope there's a fix/update for that soon, it's really starting to annoy me. Can't search for regens

Amateur

There were rumours that Spain was invited for the last Copa America.

+ Reply to Thread