Ive noticed a weird thing in regards to work permits on the handheld game. Permits are given or denied based on team.

For example, I cannot get a work permit for Vrlasko (sp) at Man City, but I can at Newcastle. I can get a work permit for Wilfried at City but not at Newcastle.

How is the determined by the game? Either a player can or cannot get a work permit. Why would the club in question make a difference?

Further, who is deciding what teams can get what players and what has gone into that decision? If Wilfried cannot get a work permit for Newcastle but can by City, who made that decision and why?

Perhaps I am overlooking something, but this has always perplexed me.

• SI Staff

I'll check this when I get in on Monday, but there is a grey area in which a player sometimes may get a work permit and sometimes not when they are right on the boundary of the criteria used. I suspect the two players you mention might fall within this grey area.

I would be interested to see what you find. I have found with specific teams it is impossible to get certain players. Like last night, I started a Spurs game maybe 10 times. Each time Vrlasko and Wilfried could not get a permit. Now, if I play as Castle I can get both, and if I play as City I can get Wilfried, and if United I can get Vrlasko.

Whats particularly odd is that these are near certainties. If it was near random chance I could understand, but why certain teams would have a 99% chance to sign a player and another team would have a 1% is rather odd. Something within the code has to be determining this, whether intentional or not.

• 4 months later...

Archived