Help with editing, please

I'm trying to transfer Kaka to Preston North End (don't ask) and am having no joy. I've done several other transfers successfully, but am struggling with this, for some reason. Can anyone lend a hand? Here is the text I've entered:

"PLAYER" "Ricardo" "Izecson dos Santos Leite" "Milan" "" "" "" "" "" "Preston"

Thanks for any help!!!

I'm trying to transfer Kaka to Preston North End (don't ask) and am having no joy. I've done several other transfers successfully, but am struggling with this, for some reason. Can anyone lend a hand? Here is the text I've entered:

"PLAYER" "Ricardo" "Izecson dos Santos Leite" "Milan" "" "" "" "" "" "Preston"

Thanks for any help!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mightyowl28:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">anyone know how to transfer a player who starts as a free agent to a club. eg danny cadamarteri to grays? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

anyone know how to do this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you just leave his current club field blank?

I'm also trying to changesome players from K-league (korea league) to real players and transfer them to my club but nearly all the players are greyed out. I was just wondering if you can edit them and if you can, how? I tried exactly what the booklet told me

e.g.

Dong-Hyun Hong is greyed out player but I want to change it to Kim Nam-Il (Real K-League player) and transfer him to Arsenal.

"PLAYER" "Dong-Hyun" "Hong" "Ulsan" "Kim" "Nam-Il" "1988" "180" "200" "Arsenal"

Anyone tell me what's wrong iwth the following code? I tried for hours to change the player. Hwang Jin-Sung is not greyed player yet when i try to change him, it still stays the same? Anything wrong with my code?

"PLAYER" "Hwang" "Jin-Sung" "Pohang" "Kim" "Nam Il" "1988" "300" "330" "Arsenal"

Thanks in advance

• SI Staff

It would need to be

"PLAYER" "Jin-Sung" "Hwang" "Pohang Steelers" "Kim" "Nam Il" "1988" "300" "330" "Arsenal"

However if you start a game in England then Pohang Steelers are not one of the South Korean teams in the game and so it will not work. However if you start a game in say Australia then Pohang Steelers are present and so the edit works.

Also a players CA and PA can be a maximum of 200

Thanks for your help, but there seem to a problem with editing. When I entered the code, it did seem to change everything except his name. When I go to his profile, I can see the changed name in his full name category but in actual team squad names and such, the name is still Hwang Jin Sung. Only in his profile, the edited/changed name appears but elsewhere, the original name.

Thanks in advance

BUMP. I'm sorry but it's frustrating to see the edited players still having the old name except when I go to his profile. Any help? I've heard of editing errors such as names getting deleted or half wiped but I've never heard of this error.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the bump if this error is known.

Archived