Impatiently waiting for FM 12.2 patch!

Before I start, this isn't going to be the normal "When will it be out blah blah blah" that we normally get at this time of year although it would be nice to know!

My main reason for this thread is to ask if anyone is having the same problem as me. I can't seem to get into a game recently as deep down I know there is basically no point as it will be outdated within a week or 2 with the new patch coming out. I can't wait for it to be released but all is not bad for me, I've managed to FINALLY get my hands on FIFA 12 and CoD MW3 so I'm able to spend my time doing other bits (currently unemployed) but this is quite possibly the most anticipated Jan Transfer Window update for me for a long time!

No I'm not having the problem. I'm into a long term game, and as patches are save game compatible, I'm not nothered about waiting.

If you mean out of date with regards to the data update, then as soon as you start playing the game it will be different to real life as players get transferred in FM that haven't IRL.

There are already 2 or 3 unofficial data updates available in the editors forum if you are desperate to play.

My biggest problem is being a Saints fan we signed a Japanese player that isn't in the db and from what I've seen only FM WeeGiE have included him but due to that fact he isn't there it's pretty much guesswork what his stats would be and theoretically SI would have people to give more accurate stats so I'd rather wait 'till the SI release

I did go about 6 seasons in with Saints when the game was first released but I got to the point where I felt I could do no more despite my trying and every time I leave a club to join a different 1 I always seem to loose interest rather quickly then when I go back to the original club (I save under a different name when I join another club) I can't seem to get into it any longer lol I'm just a very strange individual :D

You should think further about your approach when you join a diferent club.

IN A NEW CLUB, first things to do are to have a quick look in your new club's status plus some 'general management changes' in your team's squad.

Next you will approach your board and set season's expectations.

From the moment you are invited in your first press conference, you start using you management and leadership skills.

So, you have already started as a manager in your new club effecting your team,your team's tactics and the transfer market.

Play less football and more manager. You will still lose interest? i dont think so

Where exactly does it sound like I'm impatient? I've stated I have other things to take my time while I wait for it, just looking forward to it being released as I'm sure everyone else is. Also I am looking for a job, kinda hard to get 1 when there's around 10-15 people applying for 1 job and due to the fact I screwed up my time at school my qualifications aint exactly the greatest which makes it difficult and Able, I will if I can get to a computer when I find work

Ideally I want to do Computer Maintenance so I'll have plenty of time with computers, unfortunately though they would be switched off lol I have looked into courses for it but the lovely Job Centre won't help in anyway to the point they won't give any kind of money while at college which will mean we loose out on £100 a week so can't really afford to do it. The only money I would get if I did go back to college is £30 a week so financially there's no incentive to do it

wouldnt worry about it richie... im out of work at the mo... have been for 6months .. just isnt anything around here... and im qualified to the nines for various roles :/

and yes... im not starting a new save as i want to wait for the patch.. its annoying as hell...

Thanks Welshace, I've been unemployed about as long as that with very little qualifications as I said before and it's frustrating putting in so many applications and not even hearing a no, I understand they have so many things to do but does it really take much longer than 2 minutes to phone someone and say "Sorry, your not what we're looking for at this time, good luck in looking"

Anyway, good luck finding yourself a job mate, I'm sure with your qualifications you'll find something soon, if I'm honest I'm not overly bothered about it cos I'm getting to see my 2 girls grow up but looking forward to finding a job, sorry should I say getting impatient in finding a job!

Lucky people deep Into a save like myself won't have this problem :cool:

Nope you're right. Instead we have the problem where players who you buy before their 18th birthday aren't correctly registered as Home Grown, making it difficult to register squads for European competitions after a few seasons.

Can't play this at all now until the new patch comes out, and I'm hoping they fix this problem as it was in FM11 and not fixed then.

Where exactly does it sound like I'm impatient?...

In the thread title!

I too am looking forward to the final patch, I have just started a new game as a Director of Football to pass the time. I am playing the usual game except I am not watching any games, I holiday through the match and give my assistant manager much more control over my team than usual. It's quite an interesting way of playing, I can get through a season in a couple of hours and have a chance to see how the team develops over time without sitting through hours of games.

I am looking forward to starting a decent normal LLM game when the patch arrives though. Good luck with the job seeking, keep on applying and you will get one eventually.

Has the final patch was this late before ?

But again, SI didn't owe us any patch. They never promised in EULA any patch, didn't they ?

Plus complaining is no use. Especially not here. "users" will defend them anyway.

Its not even late, last year it was out 8th march. Think the earliest its ever been out is 14th feb

Thanks Welshace, I've been unemployed about as long as that with very little qualifications as I said before and it's frustrating putting in so many applications and not even hearing a no, I understand they have so many things to do but does it really take much longer than 2 minutes to phone someone and say "Sorry, your not what we're looking for at this time, good luck in looking"

Anyway, good luck finding yourself a job mate, I'm sure with your qualifications you'll find something soon, if I'm honest I'm not overly bothered about it cos I'm getting to see my 2 girls grow up but looking forward to finding a job, sorry should I say getting impatient in finding a job!

yep the only decent thing about being unemployed right now is getting to spend time with the mrs and the kid .. so its not so bad .. until my savings run out that is :/

I sympathise with your job search, I've just graduated from university with a History degree, I spend three days a week doing volunteer work (I don't get paid but it gets me some experience) and from what job agencies tell me, there's still hundreds of people applying for every job!

I applied for one a few weeks back, they had 200 people going for that job. They decided to interview 12 people, of which I was one, but when I'm up against someone who has years of experience, I'm never going to win.

I've applied to do a teaching course, which is something I'm really eager to do, so fingers crossed I get on that.

And on-topic, I've not bought FM12 yet, and won't until the final patch is out! That's what I've done for the past couple of editions. I've got all my facepacks/kits/logos ready, I'm just waiting for the patch. In the meantime, I'm currently downloading the demo, as I've just realised that I've not played that yet, and that might keep me happy for a little while until the patch is out.

I'm deep into a long-term save that I've put on hold until the patch. Haven't played FM for three weeks now, because a player asked for a new contract, and I agreed he deserved one. But I can't fulfill the promise, because he won't negotiate with me. Already lost two subs/2nd-teamers this way, and I'm waiting for the patch so I don't lose my starting MC/DM.

manreaction - I've just secured my first teaching post after qualifying last July. Had been volunteering as a TA (then employed as one) for a few months so I wasn't twiddling my thumbs at home, hoping for one day a week of supply work.

They were around 100-150 people PER JOB that I was applying for, so was bloody chuffed to get four interviews in quick succession (didn't need the fourth as I was offered the job for the third interview). Being a man helps - especially in primary - but there's certainly no shortage of teachers.

Not to let that deter you - it's a superb thing to get into. But be prepared for even more job woes!

Nope you're right. Instead we have the problem where players who you buy before their 18th birthday aren't correctly registered as Home Grown, making it difficult to register squads for European competitions after a few seasons.

Can't play this at all now until the new patch comes out, and I'm hoping they fix this problem as it was in FM11 and not fixed then.

This isn't a bug, as I understand it. If you buy young players they need to be at your club for two years (or seasons? Not sure) before they count as HG for European competitions. It kept happening to me so I looked it up.

I'm holding myself back for starting a new game, waiting for the patch. Really want to start a new save though, I just know it would be a waste of time and would lose the motivation early on. Can't believe they haven't even announced the patch yet, hopefully it's sooner than it seems.

They did announce it, way back during release. Posted a patch schedule, just like every year. And the 3rd-and-last will be end of February/beginning of March. Just like every year.

Good point, but they've also made it clear on twitter that they will update us on when it's close, which is kind of what I meant :p

Personally I hope they hang fire for a few more weeks, with the big new stories IRL over the last couple of weeks (Capello & Rangers etc) I would prefer to wait a little longer have these included in the update, rather then have to listen to everyone moaning that this wasnt updated

I am also impatiently waiting for the new patch as my save corrupted in December after over 200 hours of playing time.

Similar experience here but it has happened to me on other versions too. I always keep a back up of the save game and choose the safe save option too.

I dont know if I want the new patch. The last patch is allways pain in the a.. They fix some things, and s.... up something else. At the same time it is never in relation to realism. If you start the game in summer 2011, and choose patch 12.2 (or 12.3 – I really dont know what they would called the new patch), you will end up with transfers update from the january transfer window – which is totaly unrealistic. If you choose to start summer 2011, and with 12.1.1, you would and up with a messy player and coach history, and coaches and managers from the last patch. They have never been able to do this option right. I m only waiting what kind of a mess they will do with the new patch.

Archived