Can YOU become THE most expensive player - 2012 Edition - Game Thread

200px-Cristiano_Ronaldo_in_Real_Madrid_2.jpg200px-Nicolas_Anelka_4690.jpg200px-Juan_Sebastian_Veron_2009_FIFA_CWC.JPG

When Nicolas Anelka (Le Sulk) Moved to Chelsea he became the Worlds Most Expensive player, with clubs spending a total of £86.5 Million on him during his career.

He took over from Juan Sebastian Veron who accumulated fees of around £77 Million.

More recently Cristiano Ronaldos HUGE £80 million transfer brought his accumilated total to £92.5 Million.

Now the Mantle has passed to YOU.

You have the opportunity to create your own player, and see if you can become the Most Expensive Player in the World.

This experiment will be run with the Italian Leagues, English Leagues, and Spanish Leagues selected, and i will be observing each players progress throughout each season.

I Will post updates looking at how well each player has played and also looking at the fees that clubs pay.

Players had a choice of starting player age whilst signing up which is as follows;

18 Year old = 90-100 Rep and 100-115 CA and 190-200 PA

19 Year old = 100-110 Rep and 110 - 125 CA and 185-195 PA

20 year old = 110-120 Rep and 120-130 CA and 175-185 PA

The Future Stars

1. Steve Duffy - AMR/ST - Interested Clubs

2. Gamba Goma - SW/DC - Interested Clubs

3. Luke Corcoran - MC/AMC - Interested Clubs

4. Björn Björnsson - AMR/ST - Interested Clubs

5. Richard Paldaninnii - AML/ST - Interested Clubs

6. Arawn Moridin - AMR/ST - Interested Clubs

7. Geraint Alacarde - AML/ST - Interested Clubs

8. Jake Stothard - MC/AMC - Interested Clubs

9. Mundungus Shacklebolt - AML/ST - Interested Clubs

10. Josh Wilson - AMRC - Interested Clubs

11. Long Tym Quaker - AML/ST - Interested Clubs

12. Edoardo Lorenzo - ML/AMR - Interested Clubs

13. Mike Nevo - AMC/ST - Interested Clubs

14. Eighteen Rabbit - MR/AMR - Interested Clubs

NOTE: Updates will hopefully be 4 times per season.

One in the summer transfer window, covering signings. (News Style)

One in December covering performance for the first half of the season. (Paragraph Style)

One in january window covering signings. (News Style)

One at the end of the season, covering performances and awards etc. (Paragraph Style)

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

July 2011 - The Beginning

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdhd0VCKwMeh5_w5CcqAqSP6YaapxHUC4xmKmu0ch6Eb_gtVMJ&t=1

Hello and welcome to another edition of Sky Sports Future Stars.

Andy: Im Andy Gray, and with me today is Richard Keys.

Richard: Thank you Andy, and welcome you all to the newest season of Sky Sports Future Stars. We have scoured the globe for the brightest and best talent who have yet to sign a professional contract.

Andy: With all of the players Under 20, and some already being asked to join the youth ranks of their national teams, we have some exciting prospects.

Richard: From Zambia to Alesund. Dublin to Edinburgh. We have talent to keep every viewer entertained.

Andy: Yes and over the last few weeks we have slowly but introducing these stars to the football fans all over the world. Promo adverts, meet and greets, and most importantly connecting them with potential clubs.

Richard: With exposure like that there are plenty of clubs looking to see what these Future Stars can bring to their squad.

Andy: The wait is almost over, to stop any clubs getting too keen we signed them to a sky sports contract that stops them from signing for any club….

Richard: Until TODAY.

Andy: The transfer window is open and there have never been so much hype and so many clubs looking at our stars.

Richard: Over the next few days and weeks we will be tracking offers, signings, trials and more as we look for our ultimate Sky Sports Future Star.

Andy: Stay tuned and keep refreshing the website for the latest news on our 14 Future Stars.

Live Transfer Watch

Richard: Welcome to our live transfer watch. Throughout the days we will be updating our pages with the most recent news concerning our 14 stars.

1. Steve Duffy - AMR/ST - Interested Clubs

2. Gamba Goma - SW/DC - Interested Clubs

3. Luke Corcoran - MC/AMC - Interested Clubs

4. Björn Björnsson - AMR/ST - Interested Clubs

5. Richard Paldaninnii - AML/ST - Interested Clubs

6. Arawn Moridin - AMR/ST - Interested Clubs

7. Geraint Alacarde - AML/ST - Interested Clubs

8. Jake Stothard - MC/AMC - Interested Clubs

9. Mundungus Shacklebolt - AML/ST - Interested Clubs

10. Josh Wilson - AMRC - Interested Clubs

11. Long Tym Quaker - AML/ST - Interested Clubs

12. Edoardo Lorenzo - ML/AMR - Interested Clubs

13. Mike Nevo - AMC/ST - Interested Clubs

14. Eighteen Rabbit - MR/AMR - Interested Clubs

Andy: With each star having at least one club that is rumoured in papers or across the internet to be interested in their signature, it could be a race.

Richard: Will any teams sign more than one of our stars? Will all of our stars get signed to professional contracts?

Andy: The only way to tell is to keep watch Sky Sports Future Stars!

7th July 2011

Sky Sports can Exclusively reveal that Lecce and OGC Nice are in talks with Mundungus Shacklebolt.

8th July 2011

Sky Sports has found out that another one of our stars has been in the news. A tug of war battle between Wolfsburg and Bolton is underway in a bid to sign Bjorn Bjornsson.

9th July 2011

Out of the blue our first Future Star has signed. Joining a Spanish side in the third tier (Spanish Second Division B1). We can confirm that Long Tym Quaker has snubbed interest from higher reputation teams such as Bresca and Elche to sign for the minnows from Tenerife.The 'Great Hope' of the San Marino national side may have been swayed by the gurantee of first team football, and a 2 year contract worth £2,100 per week. Interestingly enough Tenerife have slapped a huge £25,000,000 release clause into the contract to stop any suitors.

Andy: Thats an incredible 31 times his current value.

Richard: They obviously have huge hopes for their new signing, and will hope he can propel them to the Liga Adelante.

Andy: Well they are one of the bigger clubs in the division so that is not our of the question.

Richard: He could prehaps be our first star to win a trophy.

Andy: Well lets not get too ahead of ourselves.

11th July 2011

Two spanish teams, Xerez of Liga Adelante and Salamanca of the Spanish Second Division B2, have declared they are in a race to sign Belgian Geraint Alacarde. However we can also exclusively reveal that Cartegena of Liga Adelante have more privately submitted a contract offer to the young attacker.

In a busy day for transfer news, Steve Duffy has been in contact to let us know that he has agreed to a 2 week trial with Rangers. Lets just hope that is enough time to impress.

12th July 2011

Our second signing of the season, and it is the previously mentioned Bjorn Bjornsson.

Andy: I hope he has plumped for the Premier League, the young lad has already been called into the U21 Swedish team, and I would LOVE to see him play week in week out.

Richard: Well andy you will be happy. He has officially signed a 3 year contract at Bolton, worth an estimated £9,250 a week.

Andy: Wow, I am delighted for the lad.

Richard: He has stated on his twitter feed that he is excited to be at Bolton, and believes he can learn alot at the Reebok Stadium.

13th July 2011

Into the second week since our Future Stars were available to be signed and we have more action coming right at you.

Arawn Moridin has signed for Championship boys Peterborough, rejecting an offer from Huddersfield.

Richard: He has done well in negotiations.

Andy: How's that Richard?

Richard: Well valued at £1.6 Million by the club he has negotiated a relegation release clause from the club of £2.1 Million.

Andy: And for a club that is tipped to be cannon fodder this year that certainly is a good move.

Richard: A club statment has explained that Moridin is a vital signing for the club this year and is most certainly not a publicity stunt. At £6,250 a week he has also become one of the clubs most well paid players.

Andy: Not bad seeing as a few weeks ago not many people even knew who he was.

Richard: This is why I love my job!

14th July 2011

More news streaming through today from Scotland.

Richard: We can confirm that Steve Duffy has done enough to persuade Ally McCoist to offer the young scottish U21 player a 3 year contract on £10,500 a week.

Andy: Although looked at as a squad player, he looks like he has the ability to push for a first team place.

15th July 2011

We can reveal that Eighteen Rabbit, rejected a contract offer from Vicenza, and instead opted to sign a 3 year contract with French Ligue 2 side USBCO.

Andy: Otherwise known as Bolougne.

Richard: An odd decision to not go for his home country, but I am sure the boy knows what he is doing.

Andy: His £4,000 a week salary, may have to go on French lessons if the lad wants to be a real success in the country though.

Richard: Only time will tell Andy.

16th July 2011

Mundungus Shacklebolt has become the second player to shun his home country, and 3 Ligue 1 sides to play in foreign lands.

Richard: He has signed for Udinese.

Andy: A 3 year contract, and prehaps just as exciting for the youngster is a call up to the French U20 World Cup Squad.

Richard: He could make his name there in Colombia.

Andy: He could also force a change on the latest Udinese statement, which suggest that he is more a player for the future.

Richard: Well until then his £3,900 a week contract, and the possibility of loan moves will certainly keep him occupied.

17th July 2011

Jake Stothard has rejected Premier League newboys Norwich City and Championship strugglers Portsmouth, instead signing for Sheffield Wednesday to become their second highest paid player on £5,750 a week.

Andy: He is described as an Indespensable player, and one who is sure to get alot of games at the club.

Richard: I applaud his decision, we don't want another Wayne Bridge on our hands.

Andy: I agree 100% go to where you will play, and then step on to bigger and better things.

18th July 2011

We previously reported that Geraint Alacarde was considering a number of offers from different teams in the spanish leagues.

Andy: Well he has made a decision on which Spanish team to join.

Richard: It is slightly unexpected, but he has decided to join another Future Star.

Andy: Alacarde will be joining Quaker at Tenerife.

Richard: On slightly less pay £2,000 a week with a £23 Million release clause.

Andy: Hopefully this won't cause any fractions.

Richard: Will they be strike partners? Or will they be fighting for a place?

Andy: Only time will tell.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdhd0VCKwMeh5_w5CcqAqSP6YaapxHUC4xmKmu0ch6Eb_gtVMJ&t=1

Hello and welcome back to Sky Sports Transfer Watch.

20th July 2011

Edoardo Lorenzo has shocked the Italian media by rejecting advances from 2 Serie B sides and by instead signing for Serie C1/B side Triestina.

Andy: Once again it shows these players have sense.

Richard: Andy you know i agree. They seem to be signing for teams where they know they will get first team football.

Andy: Money talks as well, getting paid £2,500 for doing the job you love. With a 3 year contract.

Richard: And I am sure performances in this league will help get his reputation up and maybe lead to bigger and better things.

21st July 2011

Alaves and Ascoli have made their intent to sign Josh Wilson public. Both Claim to have offered him a contract.

22nd July 2011

RC Lens have made a trial offer to Mike Nevo which has been accepted. The American has 2 weeks to impress his suitors.

In news closer to home Nottingham Forest have scouped up Gamba Goma on a free transfer. The youngster was attracting interest from Portsmouth as well as from further afield with Bari and Furth being the 2 foreign clubs he rejected.

Richard: I think he made a smart move, Forest are an up and coming team and they have a good coach with Steve McClaren.

Andy: Who incidently Gamba has stated that he can't wait to work with Supremo Steve.

Richard: His contract is for 2 years on £2,200 a week.

Andy: And he will most likely be playing as part of the squad rather than jumping straight into the first team.

25th July 2011

Andy: Josh Wilson has signed a contract. It's just coming in now.

Richard: Yes....We have just been informed that Wilson has signed on the dotted line for Alaves in the Spanish second division B2.

Andy: Reportedly for a massive 5 years on £1,700 a week with a release clause of £23.5 Mil.

26th July 2011

Mike Nevo has done enough to turn his trial at RC Lens into a 5 year contract.

Andy: A 5 year contract on £7,250 a week must mean they see a star in this young American.

Richard: But could he be the next Fredy Adu?

Andy: True Richard true. It could happen.

28th July 2011

Another Future Star will be playing his football in the championship.

Andy: But who is it?

Richard: There are only two Future Stars left Paldaninnii and the Irishman Corcoran.

Andy: Find out after this

Richard: Thank you for your patience.

Andy: The club is Southampton, and they have managed to gain the signature of....

Richard: Richard Paldaninnii!

Andy: WOW thats a mouthful.

Richard: He will be on a 3 year contract, with a wage of £14,750 a week.

Andy: He is certain to be a top player for Southampton this season.

NOTE: I have simmed up to the first championship game of the season, one player still hasn't been signed and we are on 13th August! Still time though. Will do a short quick update tonight, then will holiday til dec.

Ok guys.

All Starting Screenshots up.

Next/First update should be tomorrow.

Will be in a news style format and will cover everyone signing their first contracts.

Until then PLEASE discuss which team out of the list of interested clubs you would most like to sign for, some of you don't have much choice :)

I've got more potential clients than a Las Vegas stripper.

Any that are of particular interest. I think personally that Torino, Bari or Blackpool would be great for you! Probably a chance of first team action their at a decent standard.

I thought the attributes i picked started at 20 and 18? looks more like 17-16. Is that just me rotting away because of no training? Lots of interested clubs for me though.

Did I get israel nationality because i was born there? is there still a chance that i might play for england?

sorry for all the questions but my player looks really good and i think i have a chance of competing (some of the others not so much ;) )

I thought the attributes i picked started at 20 and 18? looks more like 17-16. Is that just me rotting away because of no training? Lots of interested clubs for me though.

I think the attributes we pick are the highest they'll reach, so if you picked 20 for Finishing, if you reach full potential then finishing should reach 20. I think that's how it works anyway.

As for my player, as long as he doesn't join Newcastle or Wigan then that's great. I think OB would be the best option, closer to home and likely to get in the squad.

Did I get israel nationality because i was born there? is there still a chance that i might play for england?

sorry for all the questions but my player looks really good and i think i have a chance of competing (some of the others not so much ;) )

I think Charles is right. You could get up to 20 is my understanding too. But i am not 100% sure on that one.

This is the 3rd edition of this sign up, and it has happened in each of the previous editions as well.

You are right your player looks pretty decent.

You are eligible for both nations, but are currently in Israel U21 squad

quite happy with my player ..!! hope i join leyton orient because they have some Shi* players and i will pogress easily there!

BTW-- next update can you put it on the attributes screen whilst taking a screenshot..? because i find it easier to see how ive progressed..?

what does every1 else think?

quite happy with my player ..!! hope i join leyton orient because they have some Shi* players and i will pogress easily there!

BTW-- next update can you put it on the attributes screen whilst taking a screenshot..? because i find it easier to see how ive progressed..?

what does every1 else think?

Yeh i am planning on doing that.

I did think about that at the beginning but as no one had played games i thought the Overview screen gave us a bit more insight into things.

Hope I don't go Rangers since we're not running the scottish league..

I may try to add/remove some leagues if my computer can handle that, but will see where all of the players go first.

Well out of my clubs,

Norwich, despite living here I hate the club, the supporters are too cocky! And anyway, Premier league club means no play time!

Portsmouth, Financial difficulties and a strong midfield, not really for me!

Shef Wednesday, Well as a Doncaster fan not ideal but they are league one so I'd get football, promotion hopefuls so spark some interest and they are fairly well off so here!

Defender is looker the best option at the moment ;) GO TO ROVERS! :p

Arawn Moridin has signed for Championship boys Peterborough, rejecting an offer from Huddersfield.

Ok, not the one I wanted, but it's ok. My player is going to be guided by the son of my idol. It's not Sir Alex, but at least his last name is Ferguson :D

First off, Glennuk, your doing an amazing job with the updates so far :) I came off last night, had an early night to be fair, but there was no thread up... Came home from work and you already have nearly 40 posts! This being the 40th, unless someone posts while i'm typing this haha.

My player looks fantastic, but i'm not too sure if a move to France would be a good move for me... Whilst running my sign-up, i've noticed France isn't a good place to play football. If I do move their, then I hope the fact that I have no loyalty will get me moved sooner rather than later :D

Starting to feel like my player doesn't want to play! :(

Keep preshing refresh for the next 3 minutes, and he will reveal all to you! or at least Andy Gray will

C'mon Hearts, offer Ireland's next playmaker a contract :mad:

NEXT? or First? :p

Archived