+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Can YOU become THE most expensive player - 2012 Edition - Game Thread

Part-Timer

January - June 2012- One step closer Pt 2

Hello and welcome to another edition of Sky Sports Future Stars.

Andy: Hello I am Andy Gray, and with me today for this edition of Future Stars is the one, the only, Richard Keys.

Mundungus Shacklebolt(Aml/St) - Zaragoza (Loan) Udinese

Andy:
    Starting off today looking at Shacklebolt, the Zaragoza player currently on loan from Udinese.

Richard:
    He has been tipped to have a big future, but has not really been showing what he is capable of.

Andy:
    5 goals in 26 games is not the return that was expected from the U21 French player.

Richard:
    He will have to show more talent if he is to impress at either Zaragoza or his home club.

Report Card - D - Have to step up you game Shacklebolt. Show your potential, play well consistently and get at least 15 goals a season.

Geraint Alacarde (Aml/St) - Barcelona - £2.7 Million

Andy:
    Still on the fringes of the Barcelona first team, Alacarde has something to prove.

Richard:
    A talented player and one who has been given some chances with arguably the best team there has ever been.

Andy:
    His record in itself is pretty average 24 appearances, but 19 of those have been off the bench. 3 goals and an assist show what he is capable of, but it is not enough.

Richard:
    If he wants to break into that vastly talented team he will need to get his shooting boots on, and make more of the chances he is given.

Andy:
    He is still young so there is plenty of time, and his experience in an up and coming Belgian national team is sure to help develop this young talent.

Report Card - D+ - You may be in the best team in the world, but make sure you don't just ride this experience. Get out there and show what you are capable of, take your chances and become a regular first teamer.

Richard Paldaninnii (St) - Southampton - History

Andy: Paldaninnii
    may not be entirely happy with his season, but he will be happy that he helped Southampton stay in the Premier League.

Richard:
    They ended up just 5 points above the relegation zone.

Andy:
    Paldaninnii scored 4 in the league and 1 in the cup as Southampton battled for survival.

Richard:
    He wasn't a stand out performer and will be looking to build on his performances next season, and show the talent that has seen him grace the England U21 set up.

Report Card - D+ - Playing in a tough league, requires a tough character. Its time to step up.

Luke Corcoran (Amc/Mc) - Barcelona

Richard: Corcoran
    has had a pretty successful year.

Andy:
    He has cemented himself in the Barcelona B team, and has been impressive.

Richard:
    10 assists and 4 goals in just over 30 games.

Andy:
    Indeed it has been a year to remember for Corcoran who was our last star to be signed.

Richard:
    If he continues like this, it will be a matter of time before he gets opportunities in the first team.

Andy:
    Some may argue he is already surpassing Alacarde, who was seen as the much better player earlier on in their careers.

Report Card - C+ - Almost a B- but we have to take into account that the level of competition he is facing week in week out is not the best. Continue to work hard and take any opportunity you get.

Eighteen Rabbit
    (Mr/Amr) - Atalanta - £6million

Andy:
    Another good season for the man with the strangest name in football.

Richard: I don't think Eighteen is going to be a trending name in the 2012 baby list.

Andy: Well if he continues to play well who knows Richard.

Richard: But 35 games, with 2 goals and 2 assists is not playing well Andy.

Andy: Well he has had some mixed performances and has not shown the form he showed in France.

Richard: Atalanta will be expecting more from the 6 million pound man.

Report Card - D+ - A lot of experience under his belt now with 2 full seasons, in 2 different nations. However it is now time to turn up the level of performances, and actually become the player you can be.

Gamba Goma (Sw/Dc) - Man City - £2.9 Million - History

Andy:
    Another youngster who is forcing his way into the first team is Gamba Goma.

Richard: And it is not just any team it is Man Citys, talented squad.

Andy: He managed to play 18 very impressive games, and 13 of those were starts in the league. Over a third of Citys league games.

Richard: He has performed tremendously and has become a huge prospect for the future.

Andy: His performances have been phenomenal the goal and the assist, show that he is a dangerous force going forward as well.

Richard:
    Next season is going to be huge for this Huge Zambian.

Report Card - A - You should be proud of yourself Goma. A huge season for you and consistently excellent in both league and cup. Make the most out of the Champions League experience you will most probably be getting next season.

Bjorn Bjornsson (Amr/Mr) - Bolton - History

Richard: Bjornsson
    has been working hard in training to perfect that right midfield role, and it has paid off.

Andy: A slightly better season for the Swedish International who got his first cap in February in the friendly defeat against Macedonia.

Richard: Indeed he has gone from 1 goal 6 assists in his first season to 7 goals and 1 assist.

Andy: So he has learnt to take his chance but become more selfish?

Richard: That is what the stats suggest.

Andy: I think if next season he can combine the scoring and the assists then he will be a valuable asset to a Bolton side who are looking to improve upon their 13th place finish.

Report Card - C- (Minus) - Improved goal tally, but worse assist tally. Try to combine the two for a stand out season. Keep working hard.

Arawn Moridin (Amr/St) - Huddersfield (loan) Manchester United - £4.4 Million - History

Richard:
    A good season for Moridin, which has prompted Huddersfield to extend his loan by another year.

Andy: The youngster loaned from Manchester United was named in the Huddersfield Seasonal Eleven as well as the Overall Best Eleven for the club.

Richard: 14 goals in 40 league games will start to make a name for yourself.

Andy: But if you truly want to be noticed a 20+ is the mark.

Richard: My prediction for next season is that he will get over 20.

Andy: We will have to wait and see Huddersfield are seen as having an outside chance of going up this year, so it could be a big season.

Report Card - B - A good tally, but not quite as spectacular as some fans are being led to believe. Keep up the good work but hit over 20 to get yourself really noticed.

Richard:
    That is it for another episode of Future Stars, join us again next time for the Transfer Watch.
    Last edited by glennuk; 22-04-2012 at 23:37.

Amateur

CMon i wan't an update for josh wilson

Part-Timer
    [FM14] It's not you, it's me. I just can't do club monogamy anymore!

Proper excited! Hope Blackpool stayed up!

Part-Timer

English Leagues

Premier

Championship

Spanish Leagues

Liga BBVA

Liga Adelante

Last edited by glennuk; 22-04-2012 at 23:39.

Part-Timer

Italian Leagues

Serie A

Serie B

Champions League

Uefa Europa League

Last edited by glennuk; 22-04-2012 at 23:41.

Part-Timer

Ach that was a pish season from Duffy. 7 Goals and no assists is not good enough. Need to bounce back next season if I'm going to get another big move.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by duffy89 View Post
    Ach that was a pish season from Duffy. 7 Goals and no assists is not good enough. Need to bounce back next season if I'm going to get another big move.
    Unlucky indeed. Post has been updated with REPORT CARDS!!!

Amateur

My players a creator, why should he score Great season, championship here we come!

Amateur

Just to add out of the players that have been posted in the first update, Duffy is by far the best and really does warrant his price tag. Well played blackpool, can see another prem team coming for him in the transfer window.

Amateur

Really interesting challenge and way of describing. Looking forward for more.

Semi Pro

arghhh nevermind not sure whether i want to stay or not stay and get more games and become better and get my value up or leave for a decent fee hmm Quaker just needs to learn to shoot

Amateur

arrgh, the suspense.. is killing me..

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by stothy View Post
    Just to add out of the players that have been posted in the first update, Duffy is by far the best and really does warrant his price tag. Well played blackpool, can see another prem team coming for him in the transfer window.
    I like the look of Mike Nevo, personally. Think he's on the verge of a big move!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by larxus View Post
    arrgh, the suspense.. is killing me..
    Haha larxus. Could be an update tonight. Got a busy day at work, but may put a couple up here and there, rather than all up at once.

Amateur

I like the look of Mike Nevo, personally. Think he's on the verge of a big move!
    Played as a cam behind you he would be perfect! Quite like Klose or Sigurdsson. Tottally agree now actually!

Amateur

No updates?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by nie jem frytek View Post
    No updates?
    Good things come to those who wait

Amateur

Well, you're right.

Amateur

Haiz, knew going to barca was a mistake..

Part-Timer

Everything updated

Will holiday ready for a transfer update.

Amateur

Looks like my early move to Man City has really helped out in turning Gamba into a great player, just a shame he might never leave if he keeps up these performances!

Part-Timer

Transfer window holidayed, will try to get an update up tomorrow.

Amateur

Can't wait!

Part-Timer

Question is will it be more exciting than January, with no transfers?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by glennuk View Post
    Question is will it be more exciting than January, with no transfers?
    Fingers crossed for sure. Stothard to stay though, just want to be getting football for now. Unless a team with great facilities comes a long!

Third Team

More goals this time round and just 1 assist, pretty poor for a winger.

Part-Timer

Doubt I'll be moving anywhere this window after that season!

Part-Timer

June - August 2013 - Transfers?

Andy: Im Andy Gray, and with me today is Richard Keys.

Richard: That is right Andy, and we have some news coming up very shortly.

Andy: Will it be the making or breaking of some of our stars?

Richard: Will they move too early, or leave it too late and spend their careers in lower leagues?

Andy: Find out Here EXCLUSIVELY on Sky Sports Future Stars.

Live Transfer Watch

Richard: Welcome to our live transfer watch. Throughout the days we will be updating our pages with the most recent news concerning our 14 stars.

Andy: Well Richard once again,are these pages are going to be pretty redundant?

New Contracts

Andy: Some news at last. Alacarde, Stothard, Paldaninnii & Goma have all signed new contracts at their clubs.

Richard: Alacarde who has been breaking into the first team at Barcelona has signed until 2016 on a £17,000 per week contract. A minimum fee clause has been valued at £26million.

Andy: Stothard has also signed until 2016 on a £12,250 per week contract. A minimum fee for higher division clubs has been set at £4.4 Million.

Richard: Paldaninnii has signed a £27.5k per week, 3 year contract, as his club joins the Premier League. A £9million minimum fee clause may tempt other clubs if he has a good season.

Andy: Goma who is breaking into a tough first team at Man City has signed for £16,750 per week until 2016.

Week 1 & 2

Andy: No news for our stars in a slow summer transfer window thus far.

Richard: No bids have been made, and no rumours in the papers.

False News

Andy:
    Sorry to any Huddersfield fans out there. We recently reported that Moridin was staying on loan next season, but it turns out our reports were wrong and he is back at Old Trafford. We sincerely apologise and wish your club the best for the season ahead.

Week 3 & 4

Andy:
    Still no news from our starlets. However the Premier League big boys have been busy.

Richard: Modric to Man City for £39.5Million has caught the headlines, as has Arsenals Capture of Dzsudzsak for almost £20million and Cavani for £31 Million.

Andy: Tottenham reinvested that money by signing Gylfi & Rafael for over £30Million.

Rest of Transfer Window

Andy:
    Well folks, it is the end of the transfer window and no moves have been made for our starlets.

Richard:
    We will refresh this page for January, or if we see any loans in the next month.
    Last edited by glennuk; 28-04-2012 at 17:02.

Part-Timer

Ok game on, lets get Blackpool back in the prem!

Amateur

Well a new contract is good, just a shame it was outweighed by the Barca and ManC players. We all know Wed are better anyway

Part-Timer

Have holidayed half way through season. Will try get that update up this weekend or at least part 1.

Will then try to finish the second half of season during the week.

Amateur

If i was really earning that much money irl.. haiz...

Amateur

Really disappointed that the Huddersfield loan deal did not happened! First team football for another season would have been good for Moridin! Can't see him getting game time at United. Maybe it's time he moved to a smaller club?

Part-Timer

Busy weekend guys, but don't worry will be up in the next 48 hours

Part-Timer

June - Feb 2013/14- Sticking around - Pt 1

Andy: Hello I am Andy Gray, and with me today for this edition of Future Stars is the one, the only, Richard Keys.

Richard:
    We will today be taking a look at the first half of the season and another dissapointing transfer window.

Andy: No permenant transfers to talk about, but some loan moves have been agreed upon, and some interest is being shown in our stars.

Richard: First off we go to Sheffield.

Jake Stothard (Amc/Mc) - Sheff Wed

Richard: Stothard
    has had his first taste of life in the Championship, and although his stats look pretty good his performances have been erratic at best.

Andy: 2 goals and 6 assists in 27 game is not an awful haul, but he has not been showing as much class as he did last season.

Richard: Maybe the step up has been too hard for him, and in a team that is predicted to be fighting relegation he may not have the best opportunity to shine.

Andy: Well Sheff Wed are doing ok. 15th in the league and 13 points from the relegation zone.

Richard: Let us just hope that Stothard bucks up his ideas for the second half of the season.

Report Card - D+ - Still not showing the potential you have. Get involved more, show some skill, and control the game.

Mike Nevo (Amc/St) - Rc Lens

Richard:
    Another great season for the American. And it is only half way through.

Andy: His best goals tally with 11 league goals in 21 league games, plus 6 assists and 6 MOM awards.

Richard: For a mid table (9th) team that is a FANTASTIC tally for half a season.

Andy: He is currently the joint 3rd highest scorer in the league, and has the 3rd most MOM awards. The most recent coming in the impressive 4-1 home win over Lyon.

Richard: I don't believe that he did not get a bid or any interest in January, this guy is the sort of player we need in the Premier League.

Report Card - A - Fantastic start to the season, keep it up and you will surely earn a big money move.

Long Tym Quaker (Ml/Aml) - Tenerife

Richard:
    Quaker has been doing well this season for Tenerife. He is however refusing to sign a new contract.

Andy: His current contract has 18 months left to run, and a 2 year extension was offered and rejected.

Richard: The official word is that the wage offered was not good enough, but some in the media think it may be a power play to increase interest for the June/July Transfer window.

Andy: As for his performances on the pitch, they have been pretty good.

Richard: However the stats have not been the greatest. Only 2 assists and 0 goals in his 18 games.

Andy: For the San Marino national team he was part of the famous 1-1 World Cup Qualifying draw against Moldova. Which is the second time they held Moldova to a stalemate, and with the even more impressive draw in 2012 against Montenegro it left San Marino 5th out of 6 teams.

Report Card - C-(Minus) - Try to impose yourself more on games. You have the ability to score and to get some assist so make sure you do.

Mundungus Shacklebolt (Aml/St) - Udinese

Richard:
    Since returning from loan Shacklebolt has not had any real chances in the first team.

Andy: A total of 5 league games, 3 off the bench, and one sub appearance in the cup.

Richard: He hasn't shown much in these performances, but has been injured for the past week with a bruised thigh.

Andy: When he comes back he will be hoping for a spot in the first team.

Richard: Nothing of note in his performances, no clubs looking to sign him, and a pretty mediocre first half of the season.

Report Card - When you get a chance, make sure they can not overlook you for the next game. Score, make an assist or play your heart out.

Geraint Alacarde (Aml/St) - Sporting on loan from Barcelona - £2.7Million

Richard:
    An interesting season for Alacarde.

Andy:
    Sure has been so far. A demand for first team football at the start of January, prompted Barcelona offering him out on loan to various clubs.

Richard: A bid from Racing was rejected as it included a buy out clause at the end of the loan.

Andy: It looked like the loan move may be dead in the water, until near the end of January on the 20th, when Sporting Lisbon came in with a loan bid.

Richard: Sporting agreed to pay 12,500 of his 20,000 per week and will send him back to Barcelona at the end of the season.

Andy: So far he has managed only one game for Barcelona this season, then since his move he has made one sub apperance and scored a goal.

Report Card - C - Try to keep in the Sporting first team and show Barcelona that they were wrong to let you go.

Luke Corcoran (Mc/Amc) - Barcelona B

Richard:
    Not much luck for the Irishman this season. Still languishing in the Barcelona B squad despite getting to train with the first team at the start of the season.

Andy: Even in the B team he is not a first team regular. With only 7 games to his name.

Richard: His two assists, and average performances are not going to propel him far that is for sure.

Andy: He also 4 recently rejected a new deal, stating that the pay wasn't good enough, and he wants a bigger role in the team.

Richard:
    Surprising he then did not get sent out on loan like Alacarde.

Report Card - D - You need to make a statement. Score some goals, get some MOM awards and make your presence known in the Barcelona B squad, and you may just get the opportunity you crave.

Steve Duffy (Amr/St) - Blackpool - £8.75 Million

Richard:
    Duffy has started the season fantastically for Blackpool, even if the club themselves are dissapointing in the league.

Andy: They were predicted to be in the top 6 come the end of May, but it they currently lay 13th in the table.

Richard: But only 5 points from a playoff position.

Andy: Duffy is their leading scorer with 10 league goals and 2 in the cup.

Richard: Despite interest from Everton, Duffy kept his head on his game, and no bid was made public or accepted.

Andy: So he will finish the season with Blackpool, and hope to push them further up the table, Brian McDermott coming in as the new manager may give the squad the boost they need to do just that.

Report Card - B+ - Great start to the season, make sure you keep it up.

Richard: That's all for tonight's show. Join us again next time for Part 2.
    Last edited by glennuk; 03-05-2012 at 18:08.

Part-Timer

Can't wait to see how Duffy has put Blackpool top of the championship!

Amateur

Meh :/ Not an awful start. At least I'm a regular fixture in the first team!

Part-Timer

Sorry Internet at home died. Will try to get some more up a bit later today

Part-Timer

How's that internet looking Glenn?

Part-Timer

It is back, but i am at work now.

But tonight i have some free time

Part-Timer

June - Feb 2013/14- Sticking around - Pt 2

Edoardo Lorenzo (Ml/Amr) - Triestina

Andy: Lorenzo
    had a great season last year in Serie C, however since Triestina have moved up to Serie B, things have come a little bit harder.

Richard: Already playing almost as many games as he did last year allows us to have a good comparison. 22 league games, 1 goal and 5 assists, is not up to the standard he set in Serie C with almost 3 times the assists and 7 goals.

Andy: However as we said it is a higher standard of football, and he is still doing reasonably well.

Richard: Well enough to catch the attention of RC Lens, who want him to join Mike Nevo in France.

Andy: Once again however no formal bid was made, and it looks as though the Italian will be a Triestina player until at least the end of this season.

Report Card - C (minus) You - set yourself a high standard last year, now you need to live up to it. Have a great second half of the season and put yourself in the shop window.

Arawn Moridin (St/Amr) - FC Twente On loan from Man U - £4.4Million

Richard: One player who did move in the transfer window is Manchester United youngster Arawn Moridin.

Andy: FC Twente came a calling and Man U said yes.

Richard: Moridin
    has had one start and 2 sub apperances but is yet to make a real impact.

Andy: However the move should be good for him as he will get more playing time, and will be around new players and a good coaching staff.

Report Card - D - Haven't shown much this season, but prove us wrong by tearing it up in Holland.

Bjorn Bjornsson (Amr/St) - Bolton

Andy: The man with the most top division playing time seems to be getting better and better each year

Richard: He certainly is. Already at 5 goals for the season from the wing and 1 assist. Playing better football than he ever has, and still with half a season to get up to the 10 goals we all know he can.

Andy: 2 more and he will equal his record goals tally. 10 may be pushing it a bit far.

Richard: Well he certainly has potential and we will see how the season ends for the Swede.

Report Card - C+ - Prove Andy wrong and get up to 10 goals, also chip in with a few more assists.

Gamba Goma (Sw/Dc) - Man City - £2.9 Million

Richard: The Zambian giant has continue to push his way into the first team at City and no one can complain about it

Andy: He has been superb for City. And some actually complain that he is not involved more often.

Richard: With 12 starts and 9 sub appearances across all competitions the big man is just getting better and better. With City laying in second he could be earning a trophy soon as well.

Andy: 8 of those starts in the league and 5 sub appearances which means he is only 2 appearances away from his total for last season, which he will surely surpass.

Richard:
    His performances have been even better than last season , earning him two mentions in the Premier league team of the week.

Andy: Not to mention his European super cup medal.

Richard: And i am sure he would rather us not mention that one blip. Lasting 6 minutes as a sub in the super cup before getting sent off

Andy: Lucky for him and Man City they were already 2-1 ahead by that point, and still managed to get a third with 10 men.

Report Card - A - Keep up the great work and continue to force your way into the first team

Josh Wilson (Amrc) - Alaves

Andy:
    A player truly excelling this season is Josh Wilson of Alaves.

Richard: Currently playing in the lowest division the Spanish Second division B2, but tearing it apart.

Andy: With 2 goals and 9 assists in 20 league appearances and some stellar performances.

Richard: He really has been putting himself in the shop window.

Andy: However once again no bids. If he keeps it up though i don't know how any higher league teams could not make a bid.

Report Card - A- (minus) - Great performances, but can you reproduce this in a higher league. It is time to make a move and prove yourself at a higher level.

Eighteen Rabbit (Mr/Amr) - Atalanta - £6 Million

Andy: Eighteen Rabbit
    has had another rather average start to the season.

Richard: He is starting to become one of those players who had so much potential but doesn't live up to it.

Andy: He has had opportunity's but has never really shone.

Richard: 14 starts and 1 sub appearance have yielded 1 assist, and some average performances.

Andy: Certainly nothing to shout about here then.

Report Card - D-(minus) - Buck up your ideas. You are getting chances in a good league, take them, or take another career path.

Richard Paldaninnii (St) - Southampton

Richard: Paldaninnii
    has started off the season the same way he finished the last.

Andy: Distinctly average.

Richard: 2 goals in the league from 14 starts and 3 sub appearances, and 1 cup goal.

Andy: However the performances aren't exciting anyone. He doesn't seem to have that determination to do well, and with Southampton just 3 points above the relegation zone he needs to.

Richard: However his 6 goals in 17 England U21 matches shows that he can perform to a higher standard, and maybe a change of club would do him the world of good.

Andy: But who would buy him on the back of these performances?

Richard: Well we will have to wait until June to see as no offers in January.

Report Card - D - Start to get involved more, become a regular scorer and earn your move.

Andy:
    That's all for today folks. Join us again in June when we will review the 2013/2014 season.
    Last edited by glennuk; 03-05-2012 at 21:38.

Part-Timer

I duno how that happened but how pissed off am i?????? Half my post got deleted!!!!!!!! Having to do Corcoran and Duffy again!

Done....now on to part 2.

Its done it again Duno if its my computer or the forum :S
    Last edited by glennuk; 03-05-2012 at 18:48.

Banned

Almost forgot about this, but had fun reading what i've missed Looks like Mike Nevo is turning into a quality player. I wouldn't be upset by another season in France, but at some point he needs to move elsewhere!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    Almost forgot about this, but had fun reading what i've missed Looks like Mike Nevo is turning into a quality player. I wouldn't be upset by another season in France, but at some point he needs to move elsewhere!
    He certainly is the one to beat - had some fantastic seasons.

Part-Timer

Holidaying now, please keep active and post on your progress

Part-Timer

Think things are going good for Duffy, looks like I'm progressing well, if I can hit 20 league goals I'll be a happy man!

Amateur

Well, hope Geraint gets more playing time at Sporting!
    Last edited by larxus; 29-05-2012 at 01:34.

Amateur

Come on Luke, stop slacking

Third Team

Need more assists, 1 in 22(1) games isn't very good for a winger. 6 goals and plenty of playing time is nice enough though, but i would like to see more assists come the end of the season

Amateur

Josh move to a club who can actually afford training facilities your two good for them!! D:

Amateur

Knowing my luck, Gamba Goma will end up being the best player and not win cause City will never sell him!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by as260191 View Post
    Knowing my luck, Gamba Goma will end up being the best player and not win cause City will never sell him!
    Why would you want to move from City? I hate City, but we all know they are always going to be in the Champions League in this challenge and even winning it several times? Your doing amazing at such a big club.

Amateur

The whole point is to get sold for a load
    The only teams I reckon who'd have a shot at signing Goma are Barca/Real

Banned

The whole point is to get sold for a load
    The only teams I reckon who'd have a shot at signing Goma are Barca/Real
    I actually forgot the whole idea to this thread haha, my apologies

Part-Timer

Holidayed til the end of season. Dio EAR (Can't be bothered to TRY to spell it right) is keeping me down, but i'll be back with a vengence

Semi Pro

My guy still looks like he cant hit a barn door if he was stood next to it with a shovel

Banned

Holidayed til the end of season. Dio EAR (Can't be bothered to TRY to spell it right) is keeping me down, but i'll be back with a vengence
    Immodium Plus Hope it clears up because I can't wait to see how Mike Nevo has done for rest of season!

Part-Timer

Just about cleared up. First time ive done anything FM for a few days. So should get the update up in the next coupla days!

Part-Timer

How're you feeling Glenn? Any news on our future stars?

Part-Timer

I am fine. Just been busy. Hard to get an update out, planning a wedding, and moving country/job.

But it will come. Patience is a virtue

Part-Timer

No worries at all mate, just wanted to make sure it was still on, it's a good sign up!

Part-Timer

January - June 2013- Third season syndrome Pt 1

Richard: We start off today travelling to Italy to see the progress of Eighteen Rabbit

Eighteen Rabbit (Mr/Amr) - Atalanta - 6million

Andy: An average second half of the season follows his average first half. Bringing his total up to 25 starts and 2 sub appearances with 1 goal and 2 assists.

Richard: Not the form we should expect from a player of his quality.

Andy: Indeed he will have to perform better if he hopes to get in the national team, and if he hopes to continue being in the first team at Atalanta. Who also had an average season finishing lower mid table in 14th.

Report Card - D - Start to show what you are capable off, decent performances mean nothing if you don't get assists and goals to your name. Look at Stewart Downing and do the opposite.

Josh Wilson (Amc/Amr) - Alaves

Andy: Wilson
    has had a great season with Alaves, having an even more spectacular second half of the season than he did in the first half.

Richard:
    We were raving on his 2 goals and 9 assists in 20 games, well in the next 16 games he added another 4 goals and 10 assists.

Andy: The latvian national has of course attracted interest and Bolton Wanderers are looking to add him to Bjorn Bjornsson, in their future stars camp.

Report Card - A+ couldn't have done much better than you have this season. You fully deserve a move and to test yourself at a bigger stage.

Gamba Goma (Sw/Dc) - Man City - 2.9million

Richard: Goma
    continued to be fairly regular in Van Gaals squad rotation system that just missed out on the league title by 2 points.

Andy: He started 20 games and came on as a sub 17, although in the league that was 12 starts and 11 sub appearances.

Richard: He played well and gained the young player of the month award for April.

Andy: A month later and he came on for the last 25 minutes of the FA Cup Final, and got his hands on the silverware as the Zambian and his teammates crushed Aston Villa 3-1.

Report Card - A - You did great but you have to find a way to make yourself a first team regular.

Bjorn Bjornsson (Mr/Amr) - Bolton

Andy:
    A pretty good season for Bjornsson whose Bolton side finished in 11th.

Richard: 37 games 3 of which were sub appearances and 8 goals and 3 assists is a pretty good return.

Andy: He played decently well during the season and will have been happy that this was arguably his best season for the club.

Richard: He is happy to stay next season.

Andy: Unfortunately his Swedish side did not get into the World Cup to be played later this month.

Report Card - B-(minus) - A pretty good season, but could have chipped in with a few more assists and some improved performances. Try to work on your teamwork and become a club legend.

Arawn Moridin (St/Amr) - Man U/Fc Twente (On loan) - 4.4million

Richard: Moridin
    may not be too happy with his season. 6 months in old Trafford for the reserve side, and then finally his break, a loan to FC Twente in January.

Andy:
    However from there it did not go according to plan, only one start for the youngster and 9 sub appearances.

Richard: He did play well when he came on with 3 goals for the club and some decent performances.

Andy: But surely he was expecting more playing time.

Report Card - C-(Minus) - You played well when you had the chance, but you must find a way to get more opportunities, either insist on a loan or move clubs.

​Edoardo Lorenzo (Amr/Mrl) - Triestina

Andy: Edoardo had another good season, but failed to live up to the high standards previously set.

Richard: That was however a very high bar he set.

Andy: He still did well this season with 3 goals and 8 assists in 38 games.

Richard: It was however ultimately a dissapointing season for Lorenzo and the club, as they were relegated back down to Serie C.

Andy: The question now is will Lorenzo stay and fight to get promoted again or move ship?

Report Card - C - A step up in competition, means you have to step up. You didn't quite manage to make the impact that could has made you stand out from the crowd. Work Harder!

Steve Duffy
    (Amr/St) - 8.75Million

Andy:
    A great season personally for Duffy as he yields his highest goal tally yet.

Richard: 19 goals in 47 starts is not a bad ratio at all Andy.

Andy: As well as the as the couple of assists and the overall good performance.

Richard: However it was not enough to get Blackpool promoted, finishing 5th and losing in the playoff final to a brace from Ched Evans and Sheffield United.

Andy: Our most expensive player may go further in the lead by the time the summer is over.

Richard: Tottenham are interested in signing the Scotland International, and may well make an offer over the next few months.

Report Card - B-(minus) - Good goal tally but improve on your teamwork and assists.

Andy: Well that is it for tonight folks.

Richard: Join us again next time for the next episode of FUTURE STARS!!!!
    Last edited by glennuk; 22-05-2012 at 17:53.

Part-Timer

Not bad season from Steve there, gutted that I couldn't help Blackpool get promoted but being in the championship might force me to look elsewhere! Big move to spurs would be nice! £10m+ surely?

Part-Timer

Well you would then be by far the most expensive player.

The rest of you guys i want to see some posts

Banned

Josh Wilson has had an amazing season right there and Mike Nevo will have to work hard to match that!

Gamba Goma is really unlucky and City just don't deserve him as they use him as a sub? The manager simply needs shooting.

Amateur

Josh wilson = future premier league star...

Part-Timer

Josh Wilson has had an amazing season right there and Mike Nevo will have to work hard to match that!

Gamba Goma is really unlucky and City just don't deserve him as they use him as a sub? The manager simply needs shooting.
    Agree with both, but as we saw with edoardo lorenzo a step up may prove a bit hard for josh!

As for Goma, my question is WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY - he should be starting no doubt about it. But i doubt he will move, he seems happy enough!

Amateur

Any way you can arrange for Gamba's agent to have a little "accident"...

Part-Timer

Any way you can arrange for Gamba's agent to have a little "accident"...
    Haha i dont think it would change much anyway, he himself is happy at the club, and i think he may be there for a few years unfortunately for you.

Reserves

I am still reading this btw, just havent been commenting . Your doing a great job Glenn

Semi Pro

i will comment when i see my guy up

Amateur

Hahah same here. Hope to receive updates on Geraint at Racing.

Amateur

Time for Moridin to leave United. Hopefully to a smaller league for a large fee

Third Team

Getting better as the seasons get on and my grade went up. Just need to move now.

Part-Timer

Should be able to get this up tomorrow

Part-Timer

January - June 2013- Third season syndrome Pt 2

Richard:
    We start off today travelling to Spain to see the progress of Luke Corcoran

Luke Corcoran (Mc/Amc) - Barcelona B

Andy: The Irish youngster has had an average season with Barcelona B and has been a reguar fixture in the side.

Richard: 24 appearances for the club in Liga Adelante where they finished 16th.

Andy: Only 3 assists in that time, although he did get 2 MOM awards.

Richard: Still enjoying playing for the club and the Irish U21 squad, where he has played 17 times and scored 3 goals.

Report Card - C - Need to step up your game and think about moving club. More assists should come as should the goals we know you are capable of.

Richard Paldaninnii
    (St/Aml) - Southampton

Andy:
    33 games and 6 goals may not sound like a bad return for a player, who has just been relegated from the Premier league with a poor Southampton side.

Richard: However when you take into account his 0 assits and pretty poor performances it may not add up to a great season.

Andy: There is however a chance that Paldaninnii will not be leaving the Premier League after all, as Fulham are thinking about putting in an offer for the £4million man.

Richard: We will wait to see what transpires, but whatever happens the England U21 player will have to up his game if he wants to continue in the top flight.

Report Card - C - Not enough from you this year. Make sure you work on your teamwork, set up your team mates and give more consistent and good performances.

Geraint Alacarde (St/Aml) - Barcelona - £2.7million

Andy:
    The other Barcelona boy has spent the last 5 months in Portugal with Sporting.

Richard: It may have seemed like a good idea at the time, as he was no longer getting games at Barcelona.

Andy: So off he went to Portugal.

Richard: He has done very well when he has played, with 4 goals in 4 starts and 2 sub appearances.

Andy: However I am sure both Alacarde and Barcelona hoped he would get more playing time.

Report Card - C+ - A good goals to game ratio, but you need to either force your way into the Barcelona set up, or find a loan or permanent move where you will get games.

Mundungus Shacklebolt (Aml/St) - Udinese

Andy:
    Another below par season for Shacklebolt, in what is turning out to be a dissapointing career.

Richard: Not much to say here really, 5 starts, 13 sub appearances and 2 goals.

Andy: Some good performances, but mostly average or below par.

Richard: Not a good season for the French U21 international.

Report Card - D- - Almost at an F. Either make a move, or start paying to your potential.

Long Tym Quaker (Ml/Aml) - Tenerife

Richard: Tenerife
    go from one step away from the Liga BBVA last season, to one step away from relegation this season.

Andy: They ended up one place above the drop and some of that may be due to some good performances from our own Long Tym Quaker.

Richard: He was rated as their second best player this season after Daniel Alves (Not to be confused with the idiot Danny Alves)

Andy: He was integral to the squad playing 38 games for the club, one off the bench, and scoring a solitary goal, but playing well with 4 assists and 2 MOM awards.

Richard: However it was his overall performance that impressed people this season.

Report Card - C+ - Some good performances but need to add some more assists and goals to your tally. Also is it time to move club?

Jake Stothard (Mc/Amc) - Sheff Wed

Andy: Stothard
    took the step up to the Championship pretty well and he grew with the league.

Richard: Not quite as good as in League 1 but with 7 assists and 2 goals from a young central midfielder in a struggling team, who could complain?

Andy: The downside was that his overall play was not the best this season, and it will be something that he needs to work on.

Richard: Another year in the Championship should be a good remedy for that.

Report Card - C+ - A pretty good season but your overall performances stop you from getting the B. Try to become more central to the team. You have the potential now show it.

Mike Nevo (Amc/St) - Rc Lens

Andy:
    Where to start with this one?

Richard: We certainly saved the best until last.

Andy:
    A fantastic season. Better than we have ever seen on Future Stars history.

Richard: 23 goals in 42 starts and 1 sub appearance.

Andy: 11 assists and 11 MOM awards.

Richard: Not to mention his player of the month award for February where he scored 4 goals in 5 appearances with an 8.1 average rating.

Andy: Or the fact that he was 3rd in the star of the season award for Ligue 1, and starting striker in the Stars team of the season.

Richard: Add to that 2nd top goalscorer for the league, joint 2nd in assists, 2nd in MOM awards, and 7th in overall ratings.

Andy: Superb.

Richard: Fantastic.

Andy: Amazing.

Richard: There is not much more to say except Rc Lens will have trouble holding on to this star.

Report Card - A+ - TAKE A BOW SON!!
    Last edited by glennuk; 30-05-2012 at 02:04.

Part-Timer

Last edited by glennuk; 30-05-2012 at 20:06.

Part-Timer

Last edited by glennuk; 30-05-2012 at 20:07.

Part-Timer

Last edited by glennuk; 30-05-2012 at 20:08.

Part-Timer

What a season from Nevo, counts for nothing unless he gets a move though

Semi Pro

I think it's time for Quaker to get a move I think he's achieved all he can at tenergrief I need to score more goals and get more assists

Part-Timer

What a season from Nevo, counts for nothing unless he gets a move though
    True buit at the end i may give awards for best player, as well as wooden spoon awards!

Banned

Hopefully now clubs will wake up and see Nevo for what he is, a legend Really wasn't expecting anything like that...

Could you tell me his position stats? Like where he played and how well he did.

Amateur

Hmm shame I had another bad season, looking like an average player now!

Part-Timer

Thats it until the transfer update

Part-Timer

Hopefully now clubs will wake up and see Nevo for what he is, a legend Really wasn't expecting anything like that...

Could you tell me his position stats? Like where he played and how well he did.
    Legend that is Nevo

Banned

Legend that is Nevo
    I'm suprised by his goalscoring ability to be honest.

Part-Timer

May be able to get one more season up before i move away.

However question is, should i do one more season and then holiday for ten years to show what would have happened, adn who was the most expensive player. Or do one more season and take the 50/50 chance that i have time to continue this fully when i move away. With new job, more responsibility, a wife, a new house, a new country, and a masters degree.

Amateur

If this have to die, better go to holiday for few seasons and make a big summary and upload a save aswell.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nie jem frytek View Post
    If this have to die, better go to holiday for few seasons and make a big summary and upload a save aswell.
    I second that

Banned

I third that

Reserves

I fourth and fifth that

Amateur

Why not! 6th!

Amateur

Part-Timer

lol thanks!

Gunna be in hospital again today. BUT will try and get through a couple of seasons do an update. Then upload the save.

Amateur

Exerllent read

Part-Timer

Thanks Larry.

Found out i have super toxic e coli - scary, but should clear up with the right course of antibiotics. I am on the mend now, so should be posting an update within the week. This will probably be the final one, and i will upload the save game too

Part-Timer

That's not good mate, hope you get better soon
    Last edited by duffy89; 20-06-2012 at 13:39.

Semi Pro

hope you get better soon Glenn and where the hell did you pick that up from

Part-Timer

I currently live in Paraguay, soon to be Indonesia, which doesn't have the same food hygeine and water quality we have in England!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast