+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Can YOU become THE most expensive player - 2012 Edition - Game Thread

Amateur

Really need more games if im going to progress
    Last edited by Plobdork; 18-02-2012 at 14:47.

Reserves

3 goals? not bad for the youngster

Amateur

Sacré Bleu! France is broke though, I need to move to Spain!

Third Team

No goals yet, but i expect i'll be playing as an AMR, so just playing games is good enough. Although, how many assists?

Part-Timer

Holidayed for 6 months. As this is the first REAL update there will be more info and Screenshots.

Will try to get at least one or two players up today So watch this space!

Part-Timer

August - Dec 2011 - Teenage Kicks

Hello and welcome to another edition of Sky Sports Future Stars.

Andy: What a night we have in store for you.

Richard: We will be looking at some of our Future Stars and how their first 6 months in Professional football has gone.

Andy: 27th November 2011.

Richard: That date is important for one of our future stars.

Andy: Lets go to Spain to find out who.

Luke Corcoran (Mc/Amc) - Barcelona B

Richard: That's right Andy, a huge day for Luke Corcoran.

Andy: After being on trial and rejecting a contract from Murcia, things weren't looking great.

Richard: Until Pep Guardiola sent a scout to look at him.

Andy: A youth contract was soon offered and Luke accepted.

Richard: A big factor was learning at one of the most famous clubs in the world, under one of the most famous managers.

Andy: Since then he has made up for lost time, setting up a goal on his debut.

Richard: Coming off the bench and setting up another 2 in his second game.

Andy: And playing very well in the 90 minutes he played in his third game.

Richard: 3 games, 3 assists and some very good performances.

Andy: He is playing with some real talent in that squad too. Sanogo, Cuenca and J Dos Santos just to name a few.

Richard: This could be the start of a great, even though slightly stalled, career.

Gamba Goma (Sw/Dc) - Nottingham Forest

Andy:
    Back to England to take a look at the towering rock in Nottingham Forests defence Gamba Goma.

Richard: This kid is a force to be reckoned with. Powerful, consistent and seems to have a mind for the game as well.

Andy: He also has already made his international debut, a 3-0 defeat to Angola may have taken the edge of that achievement, but his second match was a pivotal
    African Cup of Nations qualifier.

Richard:
    Libya were the opposition and Goma was instrumental in keeping a clean sheet and helping his side go away with a 1-0 win and a ticket to the African Cup Of Nations.

Andy: They have however been placed in the toughest group. Group B, "The Group of Death" with Nigeria, Ghana and Namibia.

Richard: It should be an interesting January for the youngster then.

Andy: Made even more interesting by the interest
    Manchester City have shown in the youngster.

Richard: After 24 games for Forest and consistent performances I really don't blame them.

Andy: But do you think it would be a good move for the youngster.

Richard: No no, not at this stage of his career. Another 6 months in the championship would do great things for him. Help him learn his trade before then taking a move to the Premier League.

Andy: Well certainly one with a bright future. SO remember the name Gamba Goma, he could be playing at a Premier League club near you soon.

Edoardo Lorenzo (Amr/Ml) - Triestina

Andy: Over to Italy...

Richard: We really are multicultural aren't we Andy.

Andy: We are indeed. As I was saying, Lorenzo has had a good start to life at Triestina.

Richard: The plucky winger has been making a bit of a name of himself, with 3 goals and 2 assists, in the first 11 games of his career.

Andy: Certainly not a bad return for a young winger.

Richard: This coupled with his great performances have alerted the Giants of Italy though.

Andy: Both Inter and Napoli have registered their
    interest, and it could be a busy January for the youngster.

Richard: Next month could see a change in surroundings, but once again i don't think the time is right just yet.

Andy: The problem is, if he moves to a big club he won't get first team football.

Richard: Maybe the best deal would be a transfer then a loan, as he is clearly better than the C/1 league.

Andy: Where to next Richard?

Richard: How about France?

Andy: France it is.

Mike Nevo (Amc/St) - RC Lens

Andy: Here we are Richard.

Richard: Mike Nevo. The American of our contigent.

Andy: An American who truly has been impressing.

Richard: Both in France and at an International level.

Andy: He has amassed 4 caps in the last 6 months, and even has his first International Goal.

Richard: That was in the 2-0 friendly victory over Honduras.

Andy:
    Those 4 caps have all been friendly match, but it will sstill be a good learning experience for the young midfielder come striker.

Richard: At a national level in France he has also been doing well.

Andy: 2 goals and 2 assists in 13 games, is a pretty good tally.

Richard: Especially for a kid who is still 18 years old.

Andy: So far it looks like he may stay there at least til the end of the year with no clubs registering interest just days before the transfer window opens.

Jake Stothard (Mc/Amc) - Shef Wed

Andy: Back to England, and we take a look at Jake Stothards progress with Sheffield Wednesday.

Richard: The youngster has amassed 22 games for the club, all of which have been in his less prefered MC position.

Andy: He prefers to play a more attacking role, but has still done well notching 5 assists and some very good performances.

Richard: He has only missed 2 league games for the club.

Andy: That was mostly due to the bruised thigh that kept him out for just over a week.

Richard: He has helped the club into the position they are in the league now. 3rd and just a couple of points from their rivals Sheffield United in 2nd.

Andy: That would be a great progression for the youngster. Plying his trade in League 1 for a season, promotion with Shef Wed and then the challenge of the Championship.

Richard:
    Well we will wrap it up here for tonight folks.

Andy: Thank you for watching.

Richard: Remember to keep your eye out for our Future Stars.

Last edited by glennuk; 19-02-2012 at 17:01.

Amateur

Are you ready? I'm ready.

Part-Timer

5 Will be up now.

Another 4 or 5 late tonight

Another 4 or 5 sometime Monday.

Keep checking back

Amateur

Well glad Shef Wed love me still! Up the football leagues we go!

Banned

Impressive by Mike Nevo Hope he can keep things up!

Amateur

Gamba Goma for the win!

Amateur

Come on Give me some news about Moridin!

Amateur

Finally signed for a club

Part-Timer

Sorry guys busy busy night. Will get it done at some point tomorrow though.

I work full time, + Coach soccer + am planning a wedding! But still trying to get some info out each week, remember the rest of the updates may have a further space apart but you can always comment on other peoples profiles, what u think will happen in the game etc.

Amateur

Nice to see I'm attracting some interest. Out of the two I'd rather go to Napoli (prefer the city), but what I really want is Fiorentina to come calling. Forza Viola!

Part-Timer
    [FM14] It's not you, it's me. I just can't do club monogamy anymore!

Looking forward to seeing how Duffy's getting on in Glasgow, great updates so far Glenn!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by duffy89 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing how Duffy's getting on in Glasgow, great updates so far Glenn!
    Well lucky for you they haven't gone into administration on the game.
    If you stick around a couple of hours you should see your update magicaly appear!

Andy gray is busy for the next couple hours!

Reserves

update :P looking forward to see how the young isralie is getting on

Part-Timer

August - Dec 2011 - Teenage Kicks Pt 2

Andy: Welcome back. Today we look at the progress of more of our future stars.

Steve Duffy (Amr/St) - Rangers

Richard:
    Duffy has settled in well at Rangers, and has been involved in the first team since he started.

Andy: This has obviously not gone unnoticed with rumours of a Man City bid imminent.

Richard: Some impressive games for Rangers in the Champions League must have been a contributing factor.

Andy: Goals against Lyon, and in both legs of Strum Graz, as well as some very impressive games in the league, have raised this youngsters stock considerably.

Richard: 9 starts and 4 goals is a great return in the League.

Andy: Especially as it is his first season playing professionally and in a tough league like the SPL.

Richard: That is a factor which is in constant dispute.

Andy: Anyway Moving on!

The Tenerife Two - Geraint Alacarde (Aml/St) & Long Tym Quaker (Aml/St)

Andy: Both of these lads should be incredibly pleased with their start.

Richard: Tenerife has been a great place to learn for the two youngsters.

Andy: Alacarde has played for the U19s as well as the first team and doesn't seem to stop scoring.

Richard: 8 in 8 for the U19s and 3 goals in 4 games in the League.

Andy: Lucky for Tenerife, so far none of the big clubs have declared their interest in the U21 Belgian national.

Richard: Long Tym Quaker has also shown his talent in his start for the club.

Andy: Yep, an incredible rating of 7.73 in his 7 league games.

Richard: I don't know how you got that figure, but his 3 assists and 2 MOM awards will be something to be proud of.

Andy: Unfortunately he has a big hump to overcome. A knee tendonitis injury that will require surgery.

Richard: Which will keep him out for the rest of the season.

Andy: Looks like next year he will have to try to repeat this feat again with Tenerife and see if he then attracts any interest.

Arawn Moridin (Amr/St) - Peterborough

Richard: Peterboroughs
    top scorer Moridin, has enjoyed quite a start at London Road.

Andy: He has 5 goals in his 18 starts and in a team that is struggling that is not a bad return.

Richard: Again this has not gone unnoticed with Man City after the Norwegian U21. Who also as a goal in the U21s to his name.

Andy:
    It looks like Man City have been watching our show and are out to capture each of our Future Stars.

Richard: Despite his goals, including one just 5 days agao against Hull, he has not been able to stop the rot at peterborough, and 4 losses in a row is unfortunately relegation form.

Andy: Well for Arawns sake lets hope he can help to keep the club up.

Richard: That is if he doesn't get snapped up in the Transfer window, which is just a day away.

Mundungus Shacklebolt (Aml/St) - Udinese

Andy: Shacklebolt was the player to get snapped up by the biggest club out of players.

Richard: Well that is arguable.

Andy:
    Anyway, he has managed to break into the first team, with 6 starts and 3 sub apperances.

Richard: Scoring 3 goals, one the Vital goal off the bench against Atalanta, which gained a win for Udinese.

Andy: However the next match he appeared in 2 weeks later on the 27th November, he went down just ten minutes after coming on as a 70th minute substitute.

Richard: Strained Knee ligaments were the result of that fall and he has been out since.

Andy: And still has a few weeks of recovery time before we are likely to see him appear for the club again.

Last edited by glennuk; 21-02-2012 at 13:38.

Part-Timer

Atta boy Duffy! City can back off for the moment please, would quite like to stay at Gers at get some more first team action. I'm worried that if they make a bid in January my high ambition/low loyalty will make me force a move out!

Unlucky news for Quaker there, no one likes to see those types of injuries

Amateur

City can keep their filthy hands of my player! They are not wanted!!!

Glad to see that Moridin is doing well, hopefully he will help save Peterborough from relegation, and hopefully he has the sense to reject an offer if that abomination (City) puts in an offer!

Part-Timer

Haha you guys are against a move, but remember it is all of the transfer fees i add up! So a move may not be such a bad thing!

Amateur

A move to City is always a bad move! Same as a move to Liverpool is an even worse move! And by that you probably know which team I support.

Anyway, as you say it is all about transfer fees, and that why you don't want to move to a big club straigth away because then you are more likely to stay for your entire career. It would be better to take baby steps all the time. Thats how LeSulk did it.
    You can't count on anyone putting up silly Ronaldo money for your player.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by glennuk View Post
    Haha you guys are against a move, but remember it is all of the transfer fees i add up! So a move may not be such a bad thing!
    Very true mate, you can't put a price on game time though! Of course, if City want to stump up the big bucks then they can go right ahead and stick me right at the top of the money list

Third Team

Guessing mine is coming later then

Amateur

Broken into Udinese team already and got couple goals, hopefully get more chances after back from my injury.

Amateur

Alright!! The Jeremy Lin of football. Geraint ALACARDE!!! Hahah..

Part-Timer

August - Dec 2011 - Teenage Kicks Pt 3

Andy: Welcome back. Today finish taking a look at our Future Stars and their progress in their first 6 months of professional football.

Richard Paldaninnii (Aml/St) - Southampton

Richard:
    20 starts for the youngster at the saints, and he has done well so far with 6 goals to his name.

Andy: He has also impressed the national team with a good start to life at U21 level, starting in the 2-0 win against Australia U21s in the recent November friendly.

Richard: He has shown his temperament with 4 yellow cards so far this season.

Andy: One more and the FA will be sending a suspension his way. He is enjoying playing for the club and seems to be the first choice striker along with Rickie Lambert.

Josh Wilson (Amrc) - Alaves

Richard:
    Wilson has only played 5 league games for Alaves so far.

Andy: However it is not because of a lack of talent.

Richard: In fact in his first few games he has thoroughly impressed, with a goal an assist and a MOM award.

Andy: The problem is that at the start of October the club discovered Wilson had a Sports Hernia, so have been treating that.

Richard: Which kept him out for the whole of october and half of November.

Andy: The only concern is that he may not be able to re capture the form that he showed in his first five games.

Eighteen Rabbit (Mr/Amr) - USBCO

Andy:
    The Italian who rejected playing in his own nation to go to France next.

Richard: Well Andy that may not have been such a bad decision.

Andy: That's right Richard he has recieved vital playing time, and has managed to bag a couple of goals too.

Richard: He seems to have fitted in well, and now is a key component to the club.

Andy: He has just returned to full training after a strained wrist kept him out.....A STRAINED WRIST.

Richard: They don't always make them like the used to Andy.

Bjorn Bjornsson (Amr/St) - Bolton

Andy:
    Last but not least the Swedish man Bjorn Bjornsson of Bolton.

Richard: He has started off well enough in the Premier League.

Andy: And it is the sharpest learning curve of any.

Richard: The best league in the world, and I agree the steepest learning curve.

Andy: Although as we said before he has started off well, with some good performances, unfortunately the goals aren't coming.

Richard: He was however very impressive in the League Cup 4th round win against Swansea, where he bagged a brace and a MOM.

Andy: Even though he recieved a 3rd place in the young player of the month award for November, Bolton will still be expecting more from the youngster.

Richard: He has however been training as a MR, and has been playing there for the most part.

Andy: So maybe goalscoring will never be his forte.

Richard: We will just have to wait and see.

Andy: Once again thank you for joining us folks.

Richard: Keep tuning in over the next few days for out LIVE JANUARY TRANSFER WATCH.

Last edited by glennuk; 21-02-2012 at 21:13.

Semi Pro

Arghh for fek sake injured and a serious one DOH!! And Quaker was looking impressive aswell hmm hopefully he will come back stronger

Amateur

Richard: Wilson has only played 5 league games for Alaves so far.
    thats a bit **** but i guess i understand because of the injurie (is it just me or are we all getting injured )

Amateur

I don't even use my hands, who cares about a strained wrist? Bah!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by 18Rabbit View Post
    I don't even use my hands, who cares about a strained wrist? Bah!
    Pun Intended...?? :P

Part-Timer

Checked everyones injury pronesness and its a good mix....good news is peoples CA has gone up.

Also simmed til 17th Jan....been some moves

Third Team

Not too bad i guess, 2 goals and 3 assists in 17(2) games. Hopefully as he get's older, more assists will come, goals i'm not as bothered about as i set him out to be a winger/right mid really.

Part-Timer

Checked everyones injury pronesness and its a good mix....good news is peoples CA has gone up.

Also simmed til 17th Jan....been some moves
    You tease can we expect to see some transfer window action today Glenn?

Part-Timer

Morelikely tomorrow, but it depends how work treats me today!

Part-Timer

January 2012- Movement

Andy:
    Im Andy Gray, and with me today is Richard Keys.

Richard: That is right Andy, and we have some news coming up very shortly.

Andy: Will it be the making or breaking of some of our stars?

Richard: Will they move too early, or leave it too late and spend their careers in lower leagues?

Andy: Find out Here EXCLUSIVELY on Sky Sports Future Stars.

Live Transfer Watch

Richard:
    Welcome to our live transfer watch. Throughout the days we will be updating our pages with the most recent news concerning our 14 stars.

2nd January 2012

Andy: Gamba Goma looks like he could be moving from Nottingham Forest to Man City, in a deal which is thought to be worth £2.9Million.

Richard: More on this story as we get news through.

3rd January 2012

Richard:
    News just in from our Italian corespondent that Triestina have accepted a Co-Ownership offer from Lecce. The deal involves on of our own Future Stars Edoardo Lorenzo.

Andy: The Co-Ownership deal apparently would keep him at Triestina for now.

Richard: This could be a great opportunity for the youngster. Gain valuable experience now and then see if Lecce take him on later in his career.

4th January 2012

Andy:
    The inevitable has happened and one of our Future Stars is on the move.

Richard: As you can see in the split screen we are live at the Ethiad Stadium, for the Offical Unveiling of Gamba Goma.

Andy:
    He passed his medical and agreed terms on a £ 7.5k a week contract.

Richard: The deal does include a friendly match with all proceeds to go to Nottingham Forest, and also 25% of any profit Man City make on the Zambian will go to Forest.

Andy: Well this could be the making of the player, or he could be forced to sit in the reserves for a long time. With Kompany and Lescott forming a formidable barrier between Goma and first team football.

Richard: Well thats it for today.....

Andy: Wait Richard! news just in. Bids for Arawn Moridin have been accepted by Peterborough.

Richard: Folks at home, we are just hearing that Manchester City and Manchester United are locked in a battle for highly rated Peterborough youngster Arawn Moridin.

Andy: Fees believed to be £4.5million and £4.4 million respectively have been accepted by the club and it is now up to Moridin to have talks with two of the giants of English Football.

Richard: We will update you as soon as we hear anything.

5th January 2012

Richard: A twist in the tale of one of our Future Stars.

Andy: Inter Milan have come in with a full bid of just over £1 million for Edoardo Lorenzo.

Richard: This has been accepted by the club and it is just up to Lorenzo to choose the right option for him.

Andy: The Lecce Co-ownership will give him a chance to stay at Triestina with the option of moving later in his career.

Richard: The Inter offer will surely make him and Triestina more money, but he surely will not be getting much if any first team playing time.

Andy: Well it is a tough decision only he can make.

Richard: And i am sure we will find out the results of that decision in the next few days.
    Last edited by glennuk; 23-02-2012 at 16:26.

Part-Timer

Argh, just before a meeting Glenn! Will have to catch up with the transfer gossip when I get back!

Amateur

Now remember that Moridin does not want to join City!

Moridin --> City = Me -->

Also:

Moridin --> Liverpool = Me -->
    Moridin --> Chelsea = Me -->

Part-Timer

Haha Moridin, may be in the news....just wait and see! I may let you sweat it out a bit more

Part-Timer

Updated for the first 5 days of Jan. Will try to get more up in about 3 hours when i next have a break in my day!

Amateur

Might I add:

Moridin --> Man Utd = Me --> *Sadly there is no avatar for orgasmic extacy so this one will do: *

Amateur

Stothard to stay!

Part-Timer

January 2012- Movement - Pt 2

Andy:

6th January 2012

Richard:
    News in that Bolton manager Owen Coyle is on the verge of joining the unemployment line.

Andy: The Bolton board are said to be growing impatient, and this could cause an issue with one of our Future Stars Bjorn Bjornsson.

Richard:
    It could be a good change for Bjorn or a very bad one indeed.

7th January 2012

Andy: News in from Spain. Barcelona have had a bid accepted for Geraint Alacarde.

Richard: More to be confirmed as soon as we find out.

Andy: In other news Gamba Goma made his debut in his new sides 2-1 FA cup 3rd round win over Portsmouth.

Richard: He did not however have the best start, recieving a red card in 75 minute.

Andy: Not the best way to introduce himself to the fans and management of Manchester City.

Richard: On a busy day for our Future Stars we have yet more news.

Andy: Manchester bound Arawn Moridin has made up his mind.

Richard: But which club has he plumped for, the Blue Half or Red Half of Manchester.

Andy: He has chosen the Red Devils. He will join on a 2 and a half year contract on £6.25k a week.

Richard: Man U spalshed out a massive £4.4 million on the youngster, as well as a guranteed friendly with Peterborough and 25% profits on Moridin if they ever wish to sell him.

Andy: Again it is one of these deals that could be great or the ruining of the youngster.

Richard: Only time will tell Andy.

Andy: That is a record fee for Peterborough, a long way ahead of the £2.5 they recieved for Craig Mackail Smith

8th January 2012

Richard: Another bold decision from one of our Future Stars. But who is it Andy?

Andy: Edoardo Lorenzo. He has made a decision which I fully agree is the best decision for his career.

Richard: He rejected Inter Milan, and instead has agreed to the Co-Ownership deal between Lecce and Triestina, and for now will be staying at Triestina, to gain some more valuable first team experience.

Andy: Well done lad. This decision sees him stay at Triestina until Lecce decide to purchase the other half of his contract.

Richard: Well as they have spent £425,000 already I would expect them to let him get a bit more experience and then bring him into their squad in a year or so.

9th January 2012

Andy: Another star another move.

Richard: The 'Tenerife Two' has become the Tenerife one.

Andy: Geraint Alacarde has succumbed to the charms of the Camp Nou, and has signed a 2 and a half year contract.

Richard: From 2k a to £5.25k a week and a chunk of the £2.7 million Barcelona paid for him. A friendly and a 25% profit clause have been included which seems to be the done thing these days.

Andy: He must have a thing for hooking up with other Future stars, this time joining up with Luke Corcoran. The Barcelona two?

Richard: Doesn't have the same ring to it Andy.
    Last edited by glennuk; 25-02-2012 at 12:10.

Amateur

Yay I might have company

Reserves

hi zagaluke

Amateur

BARCELONA? Arrgghh.. I'm not sure I should be happy or not.. Love the club, but might not get enough game time there..

Part-Timer

Transfer Window Update Above!

Amateur

Barcelona Two sounds bad.. Barca Two, or Barca Mark Two, or Barca Duo's better.. Arrghh, mixed feeling still.. Wonder if I'll get enough games..

Part-Timer

January 2012- Movement(Or lack thereof) - Pt 3

Andy:

Richard: Well surprisingly we had a very busy start to the transfer window, but it has gone all quiet as we approach the final hours.

Andy: Nothing to report on the transfer front, but we have heard that Mike Nevo is out for another 5 weeks after suffering a broken arm mid january.

Richard: Lorenzo had the good news with the Lecce Co-Ownership but bad news with a broken shoulder, which should keep him out for another 3 weeks.

Andy: Zambia had a good start to the African Cup, with a 3-1 win over Nigeria. However less than a week later they spoil it by losing to minnows Namibia, then to Ghana, to finish 3rd in their group. Gamba Goma was dissapointed and shcoked at the loss to Namibia, which if won or drawn would have booked them a place in the finals.

Richard: Geraint Alacarde has had a surprisingly good start to life at Barcelona, he scored the only goal in their Spanish Cup Qtr final 1st leg loss to Mallorca (1-3) and played in the second leg which was another 3-1 loss. However shortly after he did make his League debut and scored after coming off the bench on the 68th minute. His 84th minute goal and 8.3 rating must put him in good stead for the future.

Andy: Well as Richard said, in a quiet end of the transfer window, that is all we have to report.

Richard: But tune in again soon to see the progress of your favourite Future Stars.
    Last edited by glennuk; 25-02-2012 at 12:20.

Amateur

Very pleased with my decision there. Want to move up slowly, not just jump to the 1st big club that come sniffing.

Amateur

Glad that Moridin had the good sense to reject City! Glad he joined United, but I'm afraid that it leaves him in a bad position regarding future transfer.
    Either he makes a name for himself there and he may stay there for his whole career or he dosen't get chances and his development stops. Not sure its a good move.

Part-Timer

Same here, happy to stay at Gers for the moment

Amateur

Please tell me that it was Barcelona B which was knocked out by Mallorca. And also, when you say league debut, it's Barcelona B? Anyway, glad I'm doing well.. Thx for everything =)

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by larxus View Post
    Please tell me that it was Barcelona B which was knocked out by Mallorca. And also, when you say league debut, it's Barcelona B? Anyway, glad I'm doing well.. Thx for everything =)
    No Barcelona first team. You were playing with Xavi and the like!

Amateur

WHAT?? Barcelona first team knocked out by Mallorca? T-T

Banned

Broken Arm sounds very familiar... I broke my arm in January some years back! Playing football too Except I wasn't out for 5 weeks, I carried on playing! My in-game self is a bit of a baby if you ask me!

Part-Timer

Holidayed until the end of season!

Third Team

What happened with the Owen Coyle business?

Amateur

Are Laxrus and I both in same Barca team or I am in the reserves?

Part-Timer

haha all will be revealed in the update (Probably tuesday) Or in 3 parts which could see the first one coming out tomorrow.

Part-Timer

End of Season 1 (2011/2012) - Progress

Andy: Im Andy Gray, and with me today is Richard Keys.

Richard: After a brief hiatus/schedule change for the International fixtures we are back.

Andy: Sorry for those who tuned in for the original air date, but due to unforseen circumstances the show was put back.

Richard: But what a show we have for you tonight!

Andy: We have talent from Sweden to San Marino.

Richard: We will be visiting Tenerife and Southampton in the South of England!

Andy: Both popular tourist spots, which I am sure you all know.

Richard: What better place to start than with our current most expensive player Arawn Moridin.

Arawn Moridin (Amr/St) - Manchester United - Total Fees - £4.4 Million

Joined Manchester United in the winter break and has had a relatively comfortable time settling into the club. A good start getting to experience some action with the first team and he will be happy with the performances that may well have impressed Sir Alex.

Andy: A growing year for the youngster, in a team with a lot of experience and a great pedigree.

Richard: The youngster got his league debut in a 2-0 away win over Aston Villa, playing 30 minutes and getting a notch in the assist column as he set up the second and final goal of the game.

Andy: He then came off the bench the next week on the 11th February and played well in Manchester United’s 2-0 win over Arsenal.

Richard: Since then he has been playing in the reserves mostly with a goal and an assist in 6 appearances.

Andy:
    The good news for the youngster is he is getting tutored from one of the best in the world. Englands talisman Wayne Rooney.

Richard:
    Manchester United have said they are willing to let him go on loan this season, so we will see if there are any takers.

The Barca Duo - Geraint Alacarde (Aml/St) - £2.7Million & Luke Corcoran (Mc/Amc)

Andy:
    Playing time at Barcelona is hard to find. So for this duo to have 6 Barcelona league sub appearances, and one start to their names is some mean feat.

Richard: However the Irishman may not be so happy that only the start is to his name.

Andy: That is right, after signing Alacarde, Guardiola must have felt obliged to give him some game time.

Richard: It certainly paid off. From those 6 sub appearances in the league he has produced 2 goals, scoring against Rayo and Racing.

Andy: He also started 2 cup games and got a goal to his name.

Richard: During those times when he hasn't been playing he has been in the Barcelona B squad, and also doing well with them.

Andy: 15 games and 4 goals.

Richard:
    Corcoran on the other hand has not had as much luck.

Andy: One first team apperance and 12 B team appearances have resulted in 0 goals, but 4 assist for the B team.

Richard: He does however have some of the best coaches and training facilities at his disposal, so if he doesn't start to improve and force his way into the first team he only has himself to blame Andy.

Gamba Goma (Sw/Dc) - Manchester City - £2.9 Million

Andy: Goma took the risk of making the move to Oil Giants Manchester City.

Richard: This has cut down on his playing time, but he has still participated for the boys in blue.

Andy: One sub appearance in the league and 4 starts in the cup. Nothing compared to what he could have got at Forest.

Richard: So you think he should have stayed?

Andy: Well time will tell if it is a good move or not.

Richard: He has however been learning from Joleon Lescott, and is rumoured to be looking like a similar player to Manchester City signing Pepe.

Andy: He is also said to be very close with Yaya Toure, and has developed a close bond there too.

Richard: He is settling in well, but with a loan the next likely move will that disrupt his growth, or help him become a better player.

Andy:
    Well we will have to keep watching his progress carefully, and seeing what is next for the Zambian Star.

Eighteen Rabbit (Amr/Mr) - USBCO

Andy:
    A player who has had a fantastic season is the young Italian Eighteen Rabbit.

Richard: He has been a force down the right for Boulogne and has been an integral part of the team.

Andy: 28 appearances and a constant threat.

Richard: Only 3 goals to his name, but 8 assists and a nice 71% pass accuracy over the season.

Andy: He will hope to add to that number in his following season which looks like it may be spent at Boulogne.

Richard: He seems to be under the radar of any clubs at the moment, and with the transfer window already open, Boulogne will hope that it closes soon so they can hold on to their young star.

Josh Wilson (Amc/Amr) - Alaves

Richard:
    Another star who has been under the radar but performing superbly is Josh Wilson.

Andy:
    He has had a FANTASTIC season Richard. No exaggeration at all.

Richard: Only 14 games for the youngster who was out for just over 5 weeks with a sports hernia.

Andy: But he has shown no signs of slowing down. In those 14 games he has an incredible record of 2 goals, 7 assists, 4 MOM awards and a 7.31 average rating.

Richard: He has also become a force for Latvia, with 3 caps to his name.

Andy: And next year he will be hoping to make an impact in the World Cup Qualifying group which really doesn't look like the toughest group you will ever see.

Richard:
    Lets hope he can stay at Alaves, get some more first team action, and continue to improve and impress for club and country.
    Last edited by glennuk; 29-02-2012 at 22:37.

Reserves

me first me first!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (or second )

Part-Timer

ffs damn forum - didnt save when i pressed save missed out on like a hours work. will try do it again tomorrow

Semi Pro

have you checked the restore button on here sometimes it pops up

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by toonbalmy87 View Post
    have you checked the restore button on here sometimes it pops up
    It restored some but not all! Will do the some more tomorrow. It deleted Gamba Gomas, and some of the Barca duo!

Amateur

You could call us the Catalan couple

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by zagaluke View Post
    You could call us the Catalan couple
    Sounds slightly slack wristed

Part-Timer

Slightly updated above post (Another 3 added) - apologise for slow work, but i have been busy busy at work (Possible promotion coming in a couple weeks though )

Will do the one more when i get in tonight, and then a second post in the next couple days to add the other 7!
    Last edited by glennuk; 29-02-2012 at 22:44.

Amateur

Hahah it's ok, just do what you can.. Looking forward to more updates..

Part-Timer

End of Season 1 (2011/2012) - Progress Pt2

Andy:
    I'm Andy Gray and with me today is Richard Keys.

Richard:
    Hello and welcome to another episode of Sky Sports Future Stars.

Andy: Where we round up the first seasons progress of some of our stars.

Richard:
    Today we are going to start of in Italy with Edoardo Lorenzo.

Edoardo Lorenzo (Amr/Ml) - Triestina - £475k (Co-Owned with Lecce)

Andy:
    Edoardo had an impressive season with Triestina.

Richard:
    Which could be partially due to the fact he is trying to impress Lecce who had a Co-Ownership agreement accepted in January.

Andy: The winger has been involved in 17 starts and one sub appearance for the club.

Richard:
    An impressive return of 3 goals and 5 assists is more than was expected of him. However if he wishes to progress in the game, he may have to show more next season.

Andy: At the moment it looks like Triestina will stay his home, but with the transfer window barely under way we could see a few movements that we are not expecting.

Richard: Remember it was only in January that Inter were after the youngsters signature.

Richard Paldaninnii (Aml/St) - Southampton

Andy: Richard Paldaninnii, will be playing his football in the Premier League next season, after Southampton reached the playoffs in 6th position, and stormed through Portsmouth to get to the final.

Richard: Paldaninnii was a scorer in the first leg game against Portsmouth which ended 2-1, the away leg was another win this time 2-0.

Andy: He also played in the final but it was Rickie Lambert who earned the Plaudits with 2 wonderful goals, which got the Saints promoted.

Richard: Paldaninnii has become a key player for the club, and played in a total of 50 games, 8 off the bench. Which is more than any other of our Future Stars.

Andy: In those 50 games he scored 11 times, and played reasonably well.

Richard: He does need to improve his team play, incredibly he has no assists in all of his time at Southampton.

Andy: He will hope he continues to stay in the first team squad with the promotion, and also stay in the England U21 squad, where he has been partnering Danny Welbeck.

Richard: It could be an exciting year for the man from Bethlehem.

Mundungus Shacklebolt (Aml/St) - Udinese

Richard: Shacklebolt
    has had an average season. But for a youngster you can't ask for a HUGE deal, in his first pro season.

Andy: The French U21
    International has not been around the first team often at Udinese, but has managed to participate in 16 games.

Richard: 6 of those from the bench. He has a rather modest 2 goals, and didn't earn that many plaudits. His total injury time of 9 weeks, may also have stunted his progress and run n the first team.

Andy:
    Which may be one of the reasons that Udinese are looking to loan the youngster out this coming season.

Richard: Which Shacklebolt is not happy with, and has stated he thinks he is too good to be loaned out.

Andy: Well if he thinks that he needs to prove it...and FAST.

Richard: The tutoring he is receiving from Club Legend Antonio Di Natale, may well help him prove his worth sooner rather than later.

Long Tym Quaker (Aml/St) - Tenerife

Andy: Knee Tendonitis kept Quaker out for most of the second half of the season, 5 months of rehabilitation and hard work has hopefully paid off, and he is back to full fitness.

Richard: Tenerife have however stated that they think it is best if he goes out on loan, prehaps to try to recover and have a fresh start elsewhere.

Andy:
    His record itself is probably one of the most impressive of our Future Stars, as he has had rave reviews. A 7.89 average rating and a goal and 4 assists to his name in just 8 games.

Richard: Tenerife
    could be letting a gem go in Quaker if they don't keep him at the club.

Andy: If he stays injury free he could still be a real force for years to come.

Mike Nevo (Amc/St) - RC Lens

Richard: Nevo is a youngster who has been earning plaudits all over the globe. Name in the USA seasonal best eleven in January, and making a name for himself in France and on the National team.

Andy: 5 international caps and 2 goals for USA. Although both have been in Friendly matches, it is a good start to his International Career.

Richard:
    In France he has been playing well and often, which will be of great benefit to his progress.

Andy: 18 games, 2 goals 2 assists, and a total of 4 months out injured. 2 of those months at the end of the season with a torn groin muscle.

Richard: He is certainly progressing, and this one could be the next bright star for the USA.

Andy: Let's just hope he is more Donovan than Adu.

Jake Stothard (Mc/Amc) - Sheff Wed

Richard: Stothard has had a learning season.

Andy: He has been playing often and getting his name out there. The fans still aren't 100% sure of him with some good performances and some not so good.

Richard:
    He did manager to appear 44 times for the club in the league, gaining 10 assists.

Andy: However some think that he should be scoring a few goals too, and should be playing with more consistency.

Richard: His report card would probably say "Good progress, but improvements needed".

Andy: Let's just hope he can live up to his billing as a Future Star.

Bjorn Bjornsson (Amr/St) - Bolton

Richard: A good year for the Swedish U21.

Andy: He has been a consistent sight in the Bolton line up, and has made that MR position his own, even though it is not his most natural position.

Richard:
    However he has been training there and he seems to have accomplished that role.

Andy:
    He is touted as the next Swedish Superstar, and the Scandinavians are as excited as Bjornsson as they were about Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Richard: The 4 goals and 7 assists may not be world class statistics, but as it is his first season, and also while learning a new position.

Andy: Well then it starts to look incredible.

Richard: Also voted Young Player Of the Month for March, and now he has BIG game experience as Bolton lost out in the League Cup final.

Andy: Keep an eye out for this one folks.

Steve Duffy (Amr/St) - ...........

Richard: We have kept the best story for last.

Andy: Duffy had a good season with Rangers.

Richard: Even though an ankle injury kept him out for 6 weeks, he made an impact in the SPL.

Andy: 6 goals in 18 games, and 2 assists. This of course made his name known across Britain.

Richard: Newly promoted Blackpool are having another try at the Premier League, and they thought that there was no better way to announce their arrival than with a summer swoop for Duffy.

Andy: £8.75 million in instalments, as well as an extra £1.8 million after duffy nets 20 league goals.

Richard: Also 15% of any profits Blackpool make will go to Rangers.

Andy: It is rumoured that this may not be the last new signing at Bloomfield Road, with Blackpool reportedly having a £20million war chest left after the Duffy transfer.

Richard: Duffy is now our Most expensive player, as well as Blackpools as they smashed their £1.8million previous record transfer.

Andy: Duffy will also see a significant difference in his salary, more than tripling to £32.5k per week for the duration of his 5 year contract.

************************************************** ************************************************** ********

Andy: Well that is the end of Season one of the Future Stars. But before we go here is a look at the League and Cup results from our 3 featured leagues.

English Premier League
    Championship
    League 1
    League 2

FA Cup
    League Cup
    Community Shield

Italian Serie A
    Italian Serie B

Liga BBVA
    Liga Adelante

Champions League
    Euro Cup

Last edited by glennuk; 03-03-2012 at 18:36.

Amateur

Not a bad first season for Lorenzo. Although I am a bit concerned that his Shooting Accuracy is higher that his Passing. =/

Reserves

not bad from paldaninnii. more gials next season

Part-Timer

Another 3 up to keep you all posted

Just 3 more left

Amateur

keep up the good work josh (you 2 glennuk )

Semi Pro

Hmmm not happy that Quaker is up for loan but if Tenerife don't want me then I am sure I'll find somewhere else KUTGW Glenn

Part-Timer

Thanks guys should have the last few up at some point this weekend. Got a sports tournament, and currently watching man city/bolton

Amateur

Come on Bolton!!! (Miracles has happened before haven't they?)

Could you give me a little hint about how Moridin is doing at United?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by dieu View Post
    Come on Bolton!!! (Miracles has happened before haven't they?)

Could you give me a little hint about how Moridin is doing at United?
    Click here for hint or scroll up

Amateur

Click here for hint or scroll up
    Ok, so you have not simulated any further. Thank you.

Part-Timer

Not yet just finishing writing these updates then will get on simulating and doing the transfer updates!

Amateur

Not yet just finishing writing these updates then will get on simulating and doing the transfer updates!
    Sounds good. Keep up the good work!

Part-Timer

End of season 1

Third Team

A pretty good first season really and cup final experience. Would have easily taken 31 league starts at the start of the season.

Part-Timer

Crouch just scored a hat trick in European Championship Quarter final against Sweden (Bjorn wasn't in squad) but it did make me chuckle.

If he does that in real life i will buy a CROUCH shirt and pose for a magazine of questionable repute

Amateur

Ooooh, looking forward for more updates.. And Barca's champions!! =)

Amateur

Where's alvaes in the league....?? You haven't included the league
    Move Onto Season 2!!

Banned

Mike Nevo is doing better than expected in France, but I was hoping for a few more goals and assists... His average ratings are good though, so he must be doing something. Maybe hes the middle man, connecting all the play together.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Plobdork View Post
    Where's alvaes in the league....?? You haven't included the league
    Move Onto Season 2!!
    The league isn't loaded, so not sure. Only loaded Liga BBVA and Liga Adelante.

Part-Timer

​Just to keep you Updated

Part-Timer

Good move for Duffy there, don't mind moving to the seaside for a bit!

Part-Timer

Still here guys - just been a bit ill.

To see who is still following, why doesn't everyone write the name of their player and where ideally they would like him to move, if they would in this window.

Example below;

Glenn Crane - Blackburn - 10million +
    Glenn Crane - No move

Amateur

Mundungus shacklebolt- no move ( but more first team games at Udinese)

Amateur

Arawn Moridin - No move. (He moved where I wanted him to, albeit a few years to early.)

Reserves

^dont think people are understanding the point of this sign-up

Richard Paldanninnii- Manchester united- 10million would be nice

Amateur

Eighteen Rabbit - idk if I want him to move or not. If he does move, I'd prefer it to be back to Italy somewhere.

Third Team

Bjorn Bjornsson - Ideally i'd like him to move to Middlesbrough, but sticking to Bolton should help him develop and hopefully get picked up by a bigger team in a few years time.

Banned

Mike Nevo - No Move - I think he needs a bit more time to develop before thinking about a move.

Amateur

[QUOTE=ri916;7636202]^dont think people are understanding the point of this sign-up

understand point of thread, just want to develop more first, then move for BIG money!

Semi Pro

Long Tym Quaker - Loan move to a Championship Club or stay at Tenerife

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast